OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:11 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:If BC would not like to finish in dead last, they better get their ass in gear these next 3 games

They have the tiebreaker on VT, which helps.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 pm

i look forward to clips of nerds on campus dressed in their robes and beards chanting "we're number 1-1, we're number 1-1"

future kudos to all three of them that know we finished in 11th
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:20 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:innocentbystander..NU just lost to 5-25 ODU...yikes...then again UVA lost to them too...and UVA is really good....

I was a disappointed in the team until I saw the Globe article...

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/mens-basketball/2013/03/03/old-dominion-holds-off-northeastern-rally/yqHVSYP1Gt4o8yk04UAf8H/story.html

Globe {l Wrote}:When freshman David Walker hoisted a 3-pointer that missed, Coen pulled all five starters with 18:10 to go.

“That was the point where the game was getting out of hand,’’ said Smith, who finished with 19 points on 6-for-13 shooting. “The people who came in did a great job and picked us up. We sat on the bench, meanwhile, and refocused ourselves and tried to make a run at it.’’

Northeastern’s bench chipped in 21 points, getting 6 apiece from Demetrius Pollard, Marco Banegas-Flores, and Zach Stahl, whose strong layup off a pretty feed from Banegas-Flores cut it to 66-58 with 4:03 to go.

“We tried to set the tempo, but really they set the tempo for us,’’ Lee said of Northeastern’s bench. “When we got back in there, we gave it everything we had.’’

Coen pulled the whole team basically at halftime. They had already clinched the 1st seed in the CAA tourney, they had very little to play for. The fact that they were close enough at the end to almost win with just their bench, gives me encouragement for the tourney.

Okay, @ 19-11 they must win the CAA tourney to make THE tournament. But we knew that anyway. I only hope this loss didn't automatically banish NU to a 16 seed, no matter what they do.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:UVa beat Duke.

The ACC sends at least 5 to the NCAA tourney. Timestamp this.

done. this will soon be added to the list of "things that noknowledge declares as absolutely happening that didn't happen and never had a chance at happening"

what do i get if I'm right?

Why does Mr. I-Hate-Entitlement want a cookie every damn time he hits something ona dartboard?

he's recently finished the "how to always be right" course instructed by our own homojs. you know how i can tell? he's doing it wrong

hey tre,

Miami and three-fourths of Tobaccoroad are in the tourney. confirmed!

there WILL be five. the winner of the UVa-Maryland game is in the tourney.

there probably wont be six unless Maryland loses to UVa and then winds up winning the ACC tourney outright. then there will be six. but there WILL be at least five (like I said, like you timestamped)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

done. this will soon be added to the list of "things that noknowledge declares as absolutely happening that didn't happen and never had a chance at happening"

Why does Mr. I-Hate-Entitlement want a cookie every damn time he hits something ona dartboard?

he's recently finished the "how to always be right" course instructed by our own homojs. you know how i can tell? he's doing it wrong

hey tre,

there probably wont be six unless Maryland loses to UVa and then winds up winning the ACC tourney outright. then there will be six. but there WILL be at least five (like I said, like you timestamped)

I'm not sold that UMD is in with a win over UVA. Cal on the other hand...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 am

Wait, I though MD was awesome because of their moral victory over #3 Kentucky?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:00 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

hey tre,

the NCAA is not going to send the #3 rebounding team in the country, to the NIT, if they are a 21 win ACC team.

UVa could waste FSU, lose to Md, and still have a slim hope of making the NCAA tourney (if they win their first round game in the ACC tourney.) unless you are from Blacksburg, 22 wins seems to be the magical number.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wait, I though MD was awesome because of their moral victory over #3 Kentucky?

who said that?

i think Maryland is bi-polar, not awesome (beat Duke but lose to BC?)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wait, I though MD was awesome because of their moral victory over #3 Kentucky?

who said that?

Christ, no space, keep up.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:13 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

hey tre,

the NCAA is not going to send the #3 rebounding team in the country, to the NIT, if they are a 21 win ACC team.

UVa could waste FSU, lose to Md, and still have a slim hope of making the NCAA tourney (if they win their first round game in the ACC tourney.) unless you are from Blacksburg, 22 wins seems to be the magical number.

The NCAA is not going to give a pile of fece-laden buffet items what UMD's national rebounding ranking is. Great so UMD has 21 wins and gets smoked on an off night by Clemson/Wake. They're now looking at an RPI in the 70s with like 2 strong wins and two bad losses. The exact type of profile that has been left out lately.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:46 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

hey tre,

The NCAA is not going to give a pile of fece-laden buffet items what UMD's national rebounding ranking is. Great so UMD has 21 wins and gets smoked on an off night by Clemson/Wake. They're now looking at an RPI in the 70s with like 2 strong wins and two bad losses. The exact type of profile that has been left out lately.

yeah, but all the conference tournaments will be won by the regular season champs so there won't be any auto-bids that push out other qualifying at-larges
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

who said that?

Believe that was during his self imposed timeout
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

hey tre,

yeah, but all the conference tournaments will be won by the regular season champs so there won't be any auto-bids that push out other qualifying at-larges

These other at-larges couldn't hold a jock to Maryland's rebounding skillz. Fear the turtle!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh shit, I went over 10,000 posts. What a loser.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:26 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

hey tre,

right now, MD is out and UVa is in. I give you that. but Duke also has a bad loss. Miami might be the best team in the AC and they got smoked by fucking Wake Forest. That will not keep Miami from going to the show.

I'm just saying five ACC teams are in and if Md beats UVa, Md will (most likely) be one of the five. if Md beats UVa AND wins their first round game in the ACC tourney (they should) then they will definately be in...
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:26 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Oh shit, I went over 10,000 posts. What a loser.

what a contributor!
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:40 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:right now, MD is out and UVa is in. I give you that. but Duke also has a bad loss. Miami might be the best team in the AC and they got smoked by fucking Wake Forest. That will not keep Miami from going to the show.

I'm just saying five ACC teams are in and if Md beats UVa, Md will (most likely) be one of the five. if Md beats UVa AND wins their first round game in the ACC tourney (they should) then they will definately be in...

Nothing says "I don't know what I'm talking about" like comparing the effects of bad losses on top 10 teams to the effect on 10 loss teams.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:right now, MD is out and UVa is in. I give you that. but Duke also has a bad loss. Miami might be the best team in the AC and they got smoked by fucking Wake Forest. That will not keep Miami from going to the show.

Nothing says "I don't know what I'm talking about" like comparing the effects of bad losses on top 10 teams to the effect on 10 loss teams.

is it that linear? really?

you don't think there is just a little bit of subjectivity when picking 64 (or 66, depending on how you look at it) teams?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:52 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

is it that linear? really?

you don't think there is just a little bit of subjectivity when picking 64 (or 66, depending on how you look at it) teams?

you've lost me. your argument in defense of maryland's weak resume even after a UVA win is that miami and duke both have bad losses that won't keep them out of the show. that is dumb.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:20 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

who said that?

Fair, but I have been harping on it for months now.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

who said that?

teddy, you harp on a lot of things. people turn a deaf ear to what you are harping on after a while
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

who said that?

teddy, you harp on a lot of things. people turn a deaf ear to what you are harping on after a while

For several reasons, this made me laugh
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:52 pm

i'm sorry teddy, did you say something?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

who said that?

Awesome

It's good to have you back nospace
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:28 pm

All the teams you're debating are horrible. Watched the entire Maryland game last night that team is a struggle
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:All the teams you're debating are horrible. Watched the entire Maryland game last night that team is a struggle

the "r" in "rpi" stands for rebounds, dummy
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:All the teams you're debating are horrible. Watched the entire Maryland game last night that team is a struggle

But, but, but Miami has bad lossses!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm officially on the bandwagon with the La Salle Explorers. I know a ton of people who went there and it's great to see them so excited.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:55 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I'm officially on the bandwagon with the La Salle Explorers. I know a ton of people who went there and it's great to see them so excited.

Where in the world is Lionel Simmons?
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby bcmurph on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:58 am

"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum