Jordan Daniels has left program

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Jordan Daniels has left program

Postby bluefishskip on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 am

Per Jon Rothstein on Twitter. Guess one of the Freshmen will be running the point

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Boston College guard Jordan Daniels has left the Eagles program, per a source. Will likely transfer back to the West Coast.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Re: Jordan Daniels has left program

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:57 am

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Per Jon Rothstein on Twitter. Guess one of the Freshmen will be running the point

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Boston College guard Jordan Daniels has left the Eagles program, per a source. Will likely transfer back to the West Coast.

whoa
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:59 am

Wow. Shocking turn of events. Wonder if Hanlan has just been that good. That being said, all the more reason not to worry quite so much about scholarship limits if we can land good players.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:59 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Wow. Shocking turn of events. Wonder if Hanlan has just been that good.

I'm not going to pretend I like this under any circumstances.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:00 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Wow. Shocking turn of events. Wonder if Hanlan has just been that good.

No, I wouldn't say that I like it even if that's the reason - we could use the depth, if nothing else.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm

This is not good for this season at all. Maybe Hanlon will develop quickly, but freshmen are freshmen.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm

I can't wait to hear what reason Spaz gives for this one.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Honestly not concerned of this news. This tells me that Daniels was not going to start, which means Hanlan has shown that he's ready to run the show. From a depth standpoint, slight hit. But if Hanlan was going to play say 25-30 minutes, Donahue will need to find someone to fill that void. Can Jackson, Heckmann, or Rahon play those minutes?
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:13 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Yeah this isn't good at all

I'm sure we will be able to hash out the increased balance of scholarships going forward but I don't think anyone thought he'd be the one leaving and with 4 days before the season...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:15 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Honestly not concerned of this news. This tells me that Daniels was not going to start, which means Hanlan has shown that he's ready to run the show. From a depth standpoint, slight hit. But if Hanlan was going to play say 25-30 minutes, Donahue will need to find someone to fill that void. Can Jackson, Heckmann, or Rahon play those minutes?

Not to go all EPSTEIN on you but you realize we only have 2 players on the roster who have proven they can play in the ACC right (I think Jackson will get into that class this season but isn't there yet)?

And regarding depth he was one of the few non question marks
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:19 pm

This sucks.

If he left over a playing time or depth chart issue, he threw in the towel way too early.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:24 pm

This does hurt us this season. Even if Daniels was coming off the bench by ACC play, he woulda been a nice spark plug. We all saw what he was capable of in the FSU game last year. Best of luck to him.
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:24 pm

It seems like quite a few our basketball players leave the program. :?
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 pm

By all accounts, this team was going to contend for at best a NIT bid. The team is a work in progress. Daniels was not going to play enough this year for his liking (why else would he leave 4 days before the start of the season). The freshmen will get more PT because of this, and it will HELP this team long term. What factor was Daniels going to play over the next 3 seasons? Not a big enough one that I am worried about his leaving.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby Fire Spaz on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:...(why else would he leave 4 days before the start of the season)...

I, for one, assumed the usual.

:seanwilliams
Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Spaziani is known as a wordsmith often answering interview questions with unintelligible murmurs or seemingly invented words. He has been honored by his peers as the most underqualified coach ever assigned to a head coaching role at a Division 1 school
Fire Spaz
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:31 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:It seems like quite a few our basketball players leave the program. :?

This is the first one that bothers me. Jackson went pro so I don't think that's a fair one to count, Elmore and Moton were bad at basketball and Humphrey was pretty close to bad as basketball. I don't think its really fair to blame the new coach for not being able to retain the old coaches recruits but I don't know enough about what happened.

This is different though, we needed this guy.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:34 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Daniels was not going to play enough this year for his liking (why else would he leave 4 days before the start of the season).

I'm sure there are no other possible explanations. Twit.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Maybe spaziani's doghouse is crossing sport lines?
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:42 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Honestly not concerned of this news. This tells me that Daniels was not going to start, which means Hanlan has shown that he's ready to run the show. From a depth standpoint, slight hit. But if Hanlan was going to play say 25-30 minutes, Donahue will need to find someone to fill that void. Can Jackson, Heckmann, or Rahon play those minutes?

Freshmen aren't ready to "run the show" no matter how talented they are. I am willing to believe that Hanlon is more talented than Daniels, but I am unwilling to believe we are better off with 2 freshmen PGs.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Oh and man I hope the people talking out their ass about how good Hanlon is going to be are right, because other wise, this team will suck again.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Freshmen aren't ready to "run the show" no matter how talented they are.

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Brablc on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Freshmen aren't ready to "run the show" no matter how talented they are. I am willing to believe that Hanlon is more talented than Daniels, but I am unwilling to believe we are better off with 2 freshmen PGs.

I'm really surprised by this, as I expected us to be set at guard this year. I'm also surprised by the the timing. Does he maintain this year's eligibility if he doesn't play at this point?

Lastly, curious to get an official statement. Is this the Don just being honest with a player and telling him that his minutes would be down. Or did he push him out (we have been looking at PG for 2014). Not sure what to think on this, definitely does not help us for this year.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Okay, so as long as Hanlon is as good as Carmelo Anthony, we should be all set. Thanks, I feel better.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Told you hanlan would start freshman year

PS was meant to be to ballgame. stupid mobile internet
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Cornell of the ACC.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:47 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Not to go all EPSTEIN on you but you realize we only have 2 players on the roster who have proven they can play in the ACC right (I think Jackson will get into that class this season but isn't there yet)?

And regarding depth he was one of the few non question marks

I'm being contrarian (this isn't a necessary disclaimer because I always am) but Daniels was not a player who had proven he could play in the ACC.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:02 pm

I was referencing Anderson & Clifford in the 2, that point was to more of depth/there being a ton of question marks. I think Daniels can have a role on an NCAA tourney team, just not at 30 min per game

Sidenote, are we at the stage where we are concerned about the goldilocks/dreadlock dynamic here yet? In a couple of years, our hockey team will be the blackest team on campus
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:24 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I was referencing Anderson & Clifford in the 2, that point was to more of depth/there being a ton of question marks. I think Daniels can have a role on an NCAA tourney team, just not at 30 min per game

Sidenote, are we at the stage where we are concerned about the goldilocks/dreadlock dynamic here yet? In a couple of years, our hockey team will be the blackest team on campus

I'm more concerned that we only have 9 scholarship players who can play this year.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Told you hanlan would start freshman year

PS was meant to be to ballgame. stupid mobile internet

Congrats. We only had to lose all of our PG depth for you to be right.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bcmurph on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Surprised this happened now, but with Hanlon and Rahon, and Donahue seemingly interested in another PG everytime you turn around, I thought he might end up a transfer candidate.

Hope things work out for him...enjoyed watching him play last year. Going to need a new avatar...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum