Jordan Daniels has left program

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Jordan Daniels has left program

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:24 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:word is that the Daniels mess has team morale VERY LOW.

Pissed at Daniels? Pissed at Donahue? Upset about prospects of success?

Pissed at Donahue.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Lovely.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:42 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Pissed at Donahue.

Again, where did you here this?

I'm not buying it until I see how the team plays on sunday and/or if you tell me who said it.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:52 pm

We're doomed oh no... :whiteflag

For the record there have been a lot of internal issues within the basketball teams. Not so much last year but there certainly were in the years before. I wouldn't read to much into it. I am sure that it isn't easy adjusting losing Daniels. I am sure the team was really close to Daniels and similarly I am sure Daniels misses the team. For this reason that is why I am shocked that of all people Daniels decided to transfer.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 am

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Pissed at Donahue.

I enjoyed the back to back throw match in a pool of gasoline and leave posts.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:51 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Pissed at Donahue.

I enjoyed the back to back throw match in a pool of gasoline and leave posts.

That's my MO.

As MatttheEagle said, close group of kids - go to Spain, yadda yadda, and before playing a single game Donahue says flat out that Daniels won't be playing much. Daniels decision to transfer, I believe, took Donahue by surprise and he may have even tried to scramble and make him reconsider...
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:18 am

Well I don't have any idea if any of that is true, but if so, what a disaster. A. The decision not to play him much is terrible, but whatever; but B. the decision to tell everyone that is worse. You tell him he's not starting and that he will have to earn his job but that he has an opportunity to do so.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby SJeagle09 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:07 am

I'm not a hoops weirdo, I never even played pick-up ball in the plex, my basketball IQ is IB level. No agenda here. I like Donahue. I like BC basketball.

I'm just trying to relay what I heard to the interested masses.
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:44 am

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:I'm not a hoops weirdo, I never even played pick-up ball in the plex, my basketball IQ is IB level. No agenda here. I like Donahue. I like BC basketball.

Thank you for relaying. Its a strange event. I hope there is some mitigating factor of which we are not aware but the player relationships thing seems not great. If Donahue " did the right thing" and told Daniels he wouldn't get minutes to preserve his eligibility elsewhere that's not good due to naivete. If it was a ham fisted message without such intentions that's worse. The only non terrible circumstance I can think of is that maybe Daniels is too sensitive but I have nothing to support that.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 am

Donahue is racking up the victims - Heslip, Skinner's last recruiting class, Jackson, Elmore, Humphrey, Moton, Daniels, and supposedly, team morale. While I am excited to see the team play today, I am officially concerned.

Outside of hockey (and sailing!), Bates has inherited a mess of an athletic department. Horrible records, no fan support and an extreme lack of relevance. Does campion have room on that Patriot League bandwagon?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:48 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:I'm not a hoops weirdo, I never even played pick-up ball in the plex, my basketball IQ is IB level. No agenda here. I like Donahue. I like BC basketball.

SJ, playing hoops in the plex everyday around 4-4:30 wasnt about hoop skills or even exercise(ellipses)

it was strictly for being in the right spot to check out all the girls in spandex doing their aerobic classes.

You missed out on a key component of BC undergrad life.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:58 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Donahue is racking up the victims - Heslip, Skinner's last recruiting class, Jackson, Elmore, Humphrey, Moton, Daniels, and supposedly, team morale. While I am excited to see the team play today, I am officially concerned.

Outside of hockey (and sailing!), Bates has inherited a mess of an athletic department. Horrible records, no fan support and an extreme lack of relevance. Does campion have room on that Patriot League bandwagon?

I've said it before but up to this point I've had no issue with any loss. Some because they were not a loss under the circumstances (Elmore, hump, moton) and some because no blame seemed appropriate (Jackson, Skinner last class, ravenel, Sanders). Aassuming blame is appropriate for Daniels it makes me rethink heslip.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Donahue is racking up the victims - Heslip, Skinner's last recruiting class, Jackson, Elmore, Humphrey, Moton, Daniels, and supposedly, team morale. While I am excited to see the team play today, I am officially concerned.

Wait, you're blaming Donahue for Jackson leaving early and being a 1st round pick?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:45 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Wait, you're blaming Donahue for Jackson leaving early and being a 1st round pick?

No, I'm commenting on the fact that Donahue's actions, for whatever reason, caused Jackson to pout and at times act disinterested during the second half of the season.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:16 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

No, I'm commenting on the fact that Donahue's actions, for whatever reason, caused Jackson to pout and at times act disinterested during the second half of the season.

wow, OK.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

wow, OK.

Do you not remember the drama after Donahue did not start Jackson against Duke?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:48 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

wow, OK.

All that being said, I have still been a supporter of Donahue and he was my first choice after we fired Skinner. I still think he will be successful, but the road has been bumpier than I thought it would be after we hired him.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

wow, OK.

All that being said, I have still been a supporter of Donahue and he was my first choice after we fired Skinner. I still think he will be successful, but the road has been bumpier than I thought it would be after we hired him.

No, I remember the Duke game. I just don't remember it being an ongoing thing. I never connected it with the decision to leave because the other side of the decision was a guaranteed contract.

On a more global level, I just don't think a ton of attrition is unusual when you change a staff and more so when you completely change playing style. I also always bought into the idea that a lot of Skinner's players came to BC more for Skinner and his staff than for the school (even relative to the college basketball norm, part of which includes the conte morgue lack of basketball atmosphere and general lack of basketball enthusiasm), which I think plays into a rough transition as well. I don't think that's really a bad thing, but it didn't help things when the change happened.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:24 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

wow, OK.

You can't place this one on Donahue. I don't want to say too much, but basically Jackson didn't start because he wasn't taking practice seriously shortly before that game (I don't know all the details). Unlike some other coaches, Donahue runs tough practices and expects the players to give it their all. Some of the other team members had also voiced concerns about Jackson during a few points of the season. So yes, there were certainly bumps, but they were minor. I think in the end Donahue really helped Jackson's improvement. Since Jackson entered into the NBA draft, all indications are that Donahue and Jackson are on very good terms. I think Donahue had later tried to reach out in support of Jackson's path to the NBA and likewise Jackson has really tried to patch up any issues. Jackson even paid a visit to BC last year to support the Eagles.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Fire Spaz on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Obligatory

Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Spaziani is known as a wordsmith often answering interview questions with unintelligible murmurs or seemingly invented words. He has been honored by his peers as the most underqualified coach ever assigned to a head coaching role at a Division 1 school
Fire Spaz
McGuinn Hall

Postby NJM89 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:16 am

He's transferring to Drake University
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:07 am

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment