Reggie Jackson

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Reggie Jackson

Postby cremins on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:42 am

has anyone seen reggie play at all this year, looks like this year could be a write off for him. going to be tough to get anything going
this year with no preseason and such. wonder if he thinks he should have stayed one more year. dont think he would have had too
much fun with all the freshmen but he would have helped them out a lot. on the other hand he is getting paid right now
cremins
Carney Hall

Re: Reggie Jackson

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:51 am

He's played 10 minutes in 2 games and has scored 2 points.

I guess only he can determine if he made the right decision but I don't know the innerworkings of his relationship with Donahue but it was rumored to not be amazing.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:01 am

I don't know what would have been better for Reggie, but over the long term I think it will turn out better for BC that Reggie left when he did. Having Reggie on this team now would have been similar to the 2008-2009 team that leaned too much on Tyrese Rice and looked lost without him in 2009-2010.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:20 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I don't know what would have been better for Reggie, but over the long term I think it will turn out better for BC that Reggie left when he did. Having Reggie on this team now would have been similar to the 2008-2009 team that leaned too much on Tyrese Rice and looked lost without him in 2009-2010.

We look fairly lost without him this year....
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I don't know what would have been better for Reggie, but over the long term I think it will turn out better for BC that Reggie left when he did. Having Reggie on this team now would have been similar to the 2008-2009 team that leaned too much on Tyrese Rice and looked lost without him in 2009-2010.

Yes, but at least they're working through it and learning to play without him when most of the team is freshmen instead of sophomores and juniors.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:30 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Yes, but at least they're working through it and learning to play without him when most of the team is freshmen instead of sophomores and juniors.

...and without Reggie that means more quality minutes for Cahill. :tophat
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby mjago410 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:29 am

Simple as this: we win more games with Reggie. Winning breeds winners. Losing breeds losers. By no means am I ready to condemn the current freshman class to 4 years of losing, but when you have some like Reggie who knows how to win, it rubs off. Sure, the frosh would have deferred to Reggie throughout the season but they would have a first-hand experiences with a future NBA player, learned how to practice/compete at a high level and learned what it takes to be "the man".

Instead they have Humphrey to learn from. Maybe by next season we can have all of our players scowling and throwing their arms in the air after they turn the ball over.
mjago410
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:43 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

...and without Reggie that means more quality minutes for Cahill. :tophat

:cheer
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bcmurph on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Jared Dudley is not walking through that door, fans. Craig Smith is not walking through that door, and Troy Bell is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they'd be giving up a lot of dough and a rap career. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this board will be for all of us because there are young guys in Conte playing their asses off. I wish we had nine 5 star recruits. I wish we could recruit with Kentucky. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's on this board sucks. I've been around when John Oates was booed. I've been around when**** ******** was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest board, greatest place on the internet, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like Stevie D.... and if you think He's going to succumb to negativity, you're wrong. You've got the wrong guy leading this team.
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:18 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:Jared Dudley is not walking through that door, fans. Craig Smith is not walking through that door, and Troy Bell is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they'd be giving up a lot of dough and a rap career. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this board will be for all of us because there are young guys in Conte playing their asses off. I wish we had nine 5 star recruits. I wish we could recruit with Kentucky. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's on this board sucks. I've been around when John Oates was booed. I've been around when**** ******** was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest board, greatest place on the internet, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like Stevie D.... and if you think He's going to succumb to negativity, you're wrong. You've got the wrong guy leading this team.

Yes, I would pay some money for eepstein to quiet his negativity for at least a week.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:30 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:Jared Dudley is not walking through that door, fans. Craig Smith is not walking through that door, and Troy Bell is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they'd be giving up a lot of dough and a rap career. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this board will be for all of us because there are young guys in Conte playing their asses off. I wish we had nine 5 star recruits. I wish we could recruit with Kentucky. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's on this board sucks. I've been around when John Oates was booed. I've been around when**** ******** was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest board, greatest place on the internet, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like Stevie D.... and if you think He's going to succumb to negativity, you're wrong. You've got the wrong guy leading this team.

In order of importance:
1) Troy Bell is an R&B performer not a rapper;
2) I agree with most of your post;
3) I hope Olivier Hanlan, Joe Rahon or some other recruit is a Bell/Dudley/Smith.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:34 pm

While Bell and Smith were pretty much the player they would be when they arrived on campus, I feel like Duds took some time before he became the all-around stud he graduated as.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:07 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Yes, I would pay some money for eepstein to quiet his negativity for at least a week.

The rah rah stuff is really nice and all when you're coaching Middle School.

No one is saying this team can't improve, but as of now, this team would struggle to go .500 in America East.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm

OK, I know I'm not the only one who gets this reference. I loved it. :kudos
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:09 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

That went right over my head. Got it now.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:14 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

I had to adjust the antenna on the google machine. Very well done.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:32 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

I had to adjust the antenna on the google machine. Very well done.

Is it more than a Rick Pitino reference? Am I missing something else?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:45 pm

:kudos

I also agree with pretty much all of this.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby bcmurph on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Is it more than a Rick Pitino reference? Am I missing something else?

Nah...that's all...and apologies to Troy...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby thebigskinny31 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Eric Maynor tore his ACL and is done for the season. Thunder will now need Reggie to be productive off the bench
thebigskinny31
Carney Hall

Postby joesim on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:17 pm

having a pretty decent game tonight
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm

11 pts on 4-9 shooting w/ 4 assists in 22 min
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby jumboeagle on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:18 am

jumboeagle
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Getting some time vs. Celtics on TNT
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:03 pm

BUMP. As an update, Reggie has pretty solidly been the backup PG for a while now for the Thunder, and today they traded Eric Maynor, his only real threat for the job.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:14 pm

not an ACC player in my opinion.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:not an ACC player in my opinion.

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:35 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:not an ACC player in my opinion.

Staring in Police Squad the Naked Gun

Reggie Jackson {l Wrote}:I must kill.... the Queen.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Dust off your vegetable costumes, everyone! Russell Westbrook just went down with a torn meniscus and Reggie will probably be getting a lot of time in the next few games.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:18 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Dust off your vegetable costumes, everyone! Russell Westbrook just went down with a torn meniscus and Reggie will probably be getting a lot of time in the next few games.

ummm, can you add a caveat for the broccoli-penised? i think it may prevent a not-too-distant indecent exposure charge
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Next

Return to Conte Forum