Flynn Fund email re: ACC Tourney Tixx

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Flynn Fund email re: ACC Tourney Tixx

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Anyone else get this?

Refresh my memory, does every team get in to the ACC tourney or are some left out?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Flynn Fund email re: ACC Tourney Tixx

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:54 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:right now every team gets in. there is discussion of changing this when pitt and the cuse join in 201x

many thanks. i was suspicious that the email was an attempt to take my money, earn interest to buy more loafer lifters for greasy gene, and then return it to me in a year's time after BC failed to make the ACC tourney. You know, kinda like the Cubs do every year when they offer playoff tickets for sale to ticketholders in the summer and don't refund the money until the following february.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:22 pm

I took up a job coaching tennis so can't attend this year. Very disappointed, it's a great Tournament.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Ever notice Flynn Fund donors always have to tell you they're Flynn Fund donors?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:55 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I took up a job coaching tennis so can't attend this year. Very disappointed, it's a great Tournament.

did anyone ever send you the tape of your television interview? it wasn't horrible

Nah I don't know anyone in the Greensboro area. Was still at the Colliseum when it aired.

I thought I sounded fine but it's hard to tell. I was just gettIng over the flu so it was a struggle.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:11 pm

You're a tennis coach? That might be the weirdest job I can think of for a guy who hates white athletes.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:27 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:You're a tennis coach? That might be the weirdest job I can think of for a guy who hates white athletes.

Josh Southern and Donnie Fletcher circa 2011 refute your hypothesis.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:44 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I took up a job coaching tennis so can't attend this year. Very disappointed, it's a great Tournament.

did anyone ever send you the tape of your television interview? it wasn't horrible

Nah I don't know anyone in the Greensboro area. Was still at the Colliseum when it aired.

I thought I sounded fine but it's hard to tell. I was just gettIng over the flu so it was a struggle.

you were the least dumb sounding of all the "fans" they talked to in that segment. i tried explaining to the ladyfriend that i recognized your name through this website and she said that if i ever talked internet fanboy nerdom in her presence again i needed to find a new place to live

In reality Greensboro sucks and I would never advocate having the Tournament there. Although true, I felt bad saying that so decided against it.

The interview was between sessions on Thursday as I recall after we beat up on Wake. Again it seemed to go fine so I'm glad I didn't embarrass myself.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the plus to having the tournament in greensboro (from the acc perspective) is that folks stay in the arena/in their seats because there isn't much alternative. when they tried it in charlotte and st. pete/tampa it was a different story and the empty seats made the league look bad.

i'm not going to argue and say that i agree... that's just the league's perspective.

Also ticket demand remains high in Greensboro due to the proximity of the schools.

There is absolutely nothing at all to do in Greensboro anywhere near the Coliseum. We couldn't even find a freaking bar to go to. That's why I'm disappointed I can't attend this year in Atlanta, because the next few years its in Greensboro every year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby GlorytoBC on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:55 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the plus to having the tournament in greensboro (from the acc perspective) is that folks stay in the arena/in their seats because there isn't much alternative. when they tried it in charlotte and st. pete/tampa it was a different story and the empty seats made the league look bad.

i'm not going to argue and say that i agree... that's just the league's perspective.

Also ticket demand remains high in Greensboro due to the proximity of the schools.

There is absolutely nothing at all to do in Greensboro anywhere near the Coliseum. We couldn't even find a freaking bar to go to. That's why I'm disappointed I can't attend this year in Atlanta, because the next few years its in Greensboro every year.

As it should be.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:18 am

After spending 4 days in the thriving metropolis known as Greensboro, they should rotate the Tournament.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum