I hate how people say BC will lose to Holy Cross

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

I hate how people say BC will lose to Holy Cross

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Holy Cross was 8-21 last year. UNH was far better than them.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Re: I hate how people say BC will lose to Holy Cross

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:01 pm

You're impressed by UNH's record of 12-18 last year, by comparison?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:02 pm

HC has two Final Fours. BC has zero.

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Devin Brown is a pretty good player for Holy Cross. The Patriot League > America East and Holy Cross is projected to finish third in the Patriot League. On the road, I still think this may be an L. If BC can make their FTs and layups, they would have beat UNH by 20+. It's just so hard to tell with a team of 9 freshman.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Holy Cross was also out of the game by the 1st half against College of Charleston (down 21 points) so that 9 point loss is decieving. Plus, do you really think this team will have nerves going to a crowd of 2,000, with 80 being Donahue's Disciples (they are buying a bus for the game)?
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:16 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Holy Cross was also out of the game by the 1st half against College of Charleston (down 21 points) so that 9 point loss is decieving. Plus, do you really think this team will have nerves going to a crowd of 2,000, with 80 being Donahue's Disciples (they are buying a bus for the game)?

First of all :kudos to Donahue's Disciples last night & even more :kudos for the bus out there it was obvious the team & Donahue appreciated it last night.

This team had a decent amount of nerves last night though. That is and will be the great thing about this team I don't think anyone (including Donahue) has any idea what they're going to do on a night to night basis.

Edit: grammar nazi
Last edited by claver2010 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i blame the expectations left upon this team by al skinner

Jerkface
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:...Donahue's Disciples...

what douchey things are these attention whore nerds doing to draw attention to their nerd selves?

?

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby JimDog90 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:30 pm

With so much inexperience on this BC team, expect scoring droughts and inconsistency on D (and rebounding) as well. Consequently, I think BC could potentially cough a game up to anyone right now.
JimDog90
n00b

Postby BuffaloEagle on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:25 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}: with 80 being Donahue's Disciples (they are buying a bus for the game)?

They're only getting a bus if they can get 50 people. It's still up in the air. I know of at least 20 students who made plans independent of the disciples though. My group of 8 will be behind the BC bench.
BuffaloEagle
n00b

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:53 pm

what douchey things are these attention whore nerds doing to draw attention to their nerd selves?

Why you gotta be a hater? Me thinks you a nerd who is just projecting...
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Devin Brown is a pretty good player for Holy Cross. The Patriot League > America East and Holy Cross is projected to finish third in the Patriot League. On the road, I still think this may be an L. If BC can make their FTs and layups, they would have beat UNH by 20+. It's just so hard to tell with a team of 9 freshman.

The Patriot League is not cut and dry > America East. For most of the 2000s, the America East champ would have smoked the Patriot League champ.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:22 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

sorry for ruining your disciple party.

let me ask a different way... what do you and your buddies wear to the game to reflect your support of the team and its coach (by doing everything in your power to draw attention to yourself)

They deserve credit for just going to the game. I love what they're doing.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: nerds suck...blah, blah, blah...nerds ruined BC!...blah, blah, blah
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

let me ask a different way... what do you and your buddies wear to the game to reflect your support of the team and its coach (by doing everything in your power to draw attention to yourself)

are you peas or carrot?

Asparagus
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 pm

The Under Armor basketball commercial narrated by the dude from the Wire and Fringe is awesome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Agreed, hopefully it continues.

TRE you suck.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:59 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: however, if they are wearing robes and carrying signs i say that there are ways to support the team other than making it about you.

they have fake beards and walking sticks, too.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:They deserve credit for just going to the game. I love what they're doing.

Agreed, hopefully it continues.

TRE you suck.

i'm all for people going to the game. i'm not all for their purpose of going to the game to draw attention to themselves and show the world what "great fans" they are. peas and carrot wore peas and carrot costumes so that people would see and identify them. if you say that they did it to show reggie their support then i say they failed - reggie left early to NOT play basketball

i don't know anything about this disciples movement and that's why i asked (albiet negatively) what gimmick they were using to draw attention to themselves. if its nothing and they simply sitting behind the bench and supporting the team then i say "GO DISCIPLES;" however, if they are wearing robes and carrying signs i say that there are ways to support the team other than making it about you.

tell me this and then throw your first stone. when espn shows dook games and pulls a close up of one of their students in full body paint or some other such attention grabbing tool is your first though "well, there's a good fan that's showing the team his/her support" or is your first thought "what a nerd douche." if you can answer that honestly i'll gladly accept apologies in any specie you wish to deliver it

I was at the game on Monday and didn't see anyone dressed in robes or any other Disciple-ish attire, one had a sign but I couldn't read it from the angle I was sitting at (my guess it was, "I see why TRE's brothers hate him" but that's a long sign).

But I'll say this there were more students behind the basket on the BC bench side on Monday than there was for many ACC games my senior year (outside of Duke).

I'm a shot first ask questions later type of person but to the people who body paint themself I think they are weirdos.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:22 am

Methinks TRE has had a bad experience with a vegetable.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:23 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Methinks TRE has had a bad experience with a vegetable.

Are you saying IB : mandolin :: TRE : carrot?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:38 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:tell me this and then throw your first stone. when espn shows dook games and pulls a close up of one of their students in full body paint or some other such attention grabbing tool is your first though "well, there's a good fan that's showing the team his/her support" or is your first thought "what a nerd douche." if you can answer that honestly i'll gladly accept apologies in any specie you wish to deliver it

Isn't this just a different form of "down in front"?

My first thought is exactly your statement. Of course these are 18-21 year old kids getting excited about a program (and not all are attention-seeking whores). Isn't college just one big "look at me, I'm away from my parents!" anyway? Considering BC's program has struggled in the excitement department, I have no problem with gimmicks to get that excitement going. And I would point to Donahue's Disciples meeting with the Don himself for ideas to rally support and chartering buses to Worcester as evidence that it is not as about themsevlves as you make it to be. I don't know what they wear, but it seems they are making strides and going about things the right way. They could be wearing a Godzilla outfit that shoots flames and marshmallows for all I care - show up to the games.

Queue TRE's response claiming I'm a facepainter.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:40 am

I wonder whom the first guy to bring a fence to a football game was.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:05 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:tell me this and then throw your first stone. when espn shows dook games and pulls a close up of one of their students in full body paint or some other such attention grabbing tool is your first though "well, there's a good fan that's showing the team his/her support" or is your first thought "what a nerd douche." if you can answer that honestly i'll gladly accept apologies in any specie you wish to deliver it

My first thought is exactly your statement. Of course these are 18-21 year old kids getting excited about a program (and not all are attention-seeking whores). Isn't college just one big "look at me, I'm away from my parents!" anyway? Considering BC's program has struggled in the excitement department, I have no problem with gimmicks to get that excitement going. And I would point to Donahue's Disciples meeting with the Don himself for ideas to rally support and chartering buses to Worcester as evidence that it is not as about themsevlves as you make it to be. I don't know what they wear, but it seems they are making strides and going about things the right way. They could be wearing a Godzilla outfit that shoots flames and marshmallows for all I care - show up to the games.

I agree 100% here with Pedro
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:26 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Don't be mad at TRE. He's still pissed that nobody showed up to his "Malcolm Huck-a-Bees" rally.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i was one of howard's cowards. we supported the team without resulting to lame gimmicks to draw attention to ourselves. eisley used to commend us in the heights all the time for not being "dookbags."

just because you didn't make any headway by trying to be a member in "grant's pants" doesn't mean you should mock my efforts

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:45 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:nick and kato showing excitement for the team... but only for the team's sake

If the stop sign were in English and not French, your theory would make a lot more sense.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:53 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:nick and kato showing excitement for the team... but only for the team's sake

If the stop sign were in English and not French, your theory would make a lot more sense.

nick, drinking a cosmo and thinking up new ways to ignore the point and focus on unimportant minutiae

How am I drinking a cosmo? There is no drink-hole.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:07 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Little known fact, Patrick Warburton is one of TRE's brothers.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby joemack13 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:11 am

I saw them at the exhibition. I didn't see any gimmicks, just a bunch of nerds. Peas and carrots was way better

p.s. I wrote them off when they booed the announcement of the starting lineup for American International at an exhibition game.
joemack13
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum