Pitt Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pitt Game

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:50 pm

I didn't say he was a great hire, I would have paid Wright. Just said he actually did some coaching with this shitty roster.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I didn't say he was a great hire, I would have paid Wright. Just said he actually did some coaching with this shitty roster.

He's gotten them to play defense, I'll give you that.

It really is a shitty roster. I'm tired.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I didn't say he was a great hire, I would have paid Wright. Just said he actually did some coaching with this shitty roster.

He also dialed up a perfect inbounds play to win the game with three tenths, and actually knows what a press break looks like.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:58 pm

Well, except when they need a stop to win the game. Then he can't figure out that he needs to keep his glacially slow 7 foot 1 white stiff of a center under the basket or at least have some back side help to collapse in the lane when Pitt's guard goes by white stiff like he isn't there.

Was talking to a TCU grad a few days ago about Christian. It was not pretty and for the record, TCU is now a pretty good team.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:00 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So I watched Saint Bonnies destroy UMASS at home this past Sunday. Dominated them in every aspect of the game. They were bigger, faster and more skilled. They were up at times by as much as 25 and I think they won by 16 having sat their NBA-bound center for the final four minutes of the game. It occurred to me then that we really suck, but tonight just brought it home in the starkest possible terms.

Just got a condolences email from my Bonnie grad father. And that is what it has come to, Saint Bonaventure feels bad for us--also, anyone want to make the case that Christian was a better hire than Schmidt (who would have crawled here on his hands and knees for this job).

I've watched a couple Bonnies games on TV this year and this might be their best team ever.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:00 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Well, except when they need a stop to win the game. Then he can't figure out that he needs to keep his glacially slow 7 foot 1 white stiff of a center under the basket or at least have some back side help to collapse in the lane when Pitt's guard goes by white stiff like he isn't there.

Was talking to a TCU grad a few days ago about Christian. It was not pretty and for the record, TCU is now a pretty good team.

Fair on realizing that Clifford actually blows at defense and should not be 20 feet from the basket hedging picks. That's bad coaching because Militant's brother is bad at defense unless he is standing next to a guy 7 inches shorter than him
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:03 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

He also dialed up a perfect inbounds play to win the game with three tenths, and actually knows what a press break looks like.

Yes, I stated earlier horrible lob pass by Hanlan.

Why do you and eepstein have such a hard on for the press break. Working up a press break does not automatically make you a good coach. Winning games, conference titles, and recruiting play a slightly bigger part in that.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:07 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Why do you and eepstein have such a hard on for the press break. Working up a press break does not automatically make you a good coach. Winning games, conference titles, and recruiting play a slightly bigger part in that.

Because we are talking about coaching. He gets time to raise the talent level - time to actually get his guys on campus. He's had 4 solid recruits when he should have better guys, but he wasn't winning with this Cornell team. I'm looking to see what he does in certain situation so I know whether he can coach when he actually has a team with enough talent to beat Albany
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Because we are talking about coaching. He gets time to raise the talent level - time to actually get his guys on campus. He's had 4 solid recruits when he should have better guys, but he wasn't winning with this Cornell team. I'm looking to see what he does in certain situation so I know whether he can coach when he actually has a team with enough talent to beat Albany

I asked about your boner for in bound plays not the obvious reasons why people shouldn't totally shit on Coach Jim.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:13 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I asked about your boner for in bound plays not the obvious reasons why people shouldn't totally shit on Coach Jim.

You asked about press breaks. They and inbounds plays are obvious evidence of good coaching. Not the only or best evidence, just the obvious evidence.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

The coaching was fine, the talen level is a joke.

JC got the players three point blank looks to end the game including egregious misses by Clifford and Heckmann
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:17 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So I watched Saint Bonnies destroy UMASS at home this past Sunday. Dominated them in every aspect of the game. They were bigger, faster and more skilled. They were up at times by as much as 25 and I think they won by 16 having sat their NBA-bound center for the final four minutes of the game. It occurred to me then that we really suck, but tonight just brought it home in the starkest possible terms.

Just got a condolences email from my Bonnie grad father. And that is what it has come to, Saint Bonaventure feels bad for us--also, anyone want to make the case that Christian was a better hire than Schmidt (who would have crawled here on his hands and knees for this job).

I've watched a couple Bonnies games on TV this year and this might be their best team ever.

Bob Lanier, Tom Stith and Eddie Crawford, as well as Earl Belcher, Delmar Herrod, Greg Williams and Essie Hollis would beg to differ. I also don't think they are as good as the team that won the A-10 a couple of years ago. With that said, Schmidt has been able to put NBA-caliber 4/5s on the floor for the past seven years between Ndjoye and Nicholson, while we are left "waiting for Clifford to get healthy." Also, their freshman PG out of Baltimore--who we wouldn't give the time of day to--is better than Hanlan and it isn't close. My guess is Bonnies will be the 3rd place team in the A-10 and will be an NCAA bubble team when it is all said and done while we will fail to qualify for the CBI.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:would you guys rather have the team look good for the first 33 minutes and then lose late, or have games like last year where they just sucked the whole time and you knew what was going to happen? because I'm sick of watching games (WVU, UMass, Pitt) where they look good vs a decent opponent and then collapse in the second half. Heckmann is the visual version of nails on a chalkboard when he is dribbling a basketball. e-fucking-gads

They lost their share of games last year in this fashion. How about Pitt's last shot in OT? Did Donahue draw up the defense for that one.

pretty sure clifford was supposed to hedge like he did all night. fact is, this is a much better coach, talent still is awful, starting with the imaginary NBA PG

This. It's not JCs fault our idiot center picked our SG to give Pitt a wide open layup
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:25 am

Saying that JC hasn't been awful does not mean that you think there weren't better hires. I do think he has done some good things with this team. The roster is fucking awful, but at times you can see through it and see that there is a plan.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Bunratty on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:28 am

Cliffy. How the eff does a 7'1" kid miss a WIDE OPEN one-foot layup at the end of regulation? You have got to be crazy ass shitting me.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:05 am

This was a very rare occasion where I neither attend/watch/listen to the game, but I just glanced over the box score and then the play-by-play of the end of regulation and overtime...good heavens! I'd say I can't believe it but I've seen it so many times before. :titanic :titanic :titanic
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:07 am

Having no choice but to play heckmann or odio in crunch time is appalling. I'm sick of this team.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:25 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

You asked about press breaks. They and inbounds plays are obvious evidence of good coaching. Not the only or best evidence, just the obvious evidence.

There are a few standard inbound plays and a few standard press break plays that work very well. All it takes is a bit of practice to master, not sure that qualifies as good coaching just being prepared. You and the rest of the EO coaching staff would do a fine job.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:57 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

There are a few standard inbound plays and a few standard press break plays that work very well. All it takes is a bit of practice to master, not sure that qualifies as good coaching just being prepared. You and the rest of the EO coaching staff would do a fine job.

The point is that the plays were designed well and got guys wide open. The high basketball IQ on this team prevented them from passing to the correct player, who again was wide open.

I still don't know on JC but last night isn't on his coaching
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:04 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Having no choice but to play heckmann or odio in crunch time is appalling. I'm sick of this team.

This is pretty close to how everyone feels.

Not only is the talent a joke, but no one on this team has ever won anything and has no clue to how to close a basketball game and win.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:06 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Because I watched however many years of your husband unable to draw up a good one Mrs Skinner
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:14 am

i miss al's inbounds play of always chucking it into the backcourt when in bounding on the other team's baseline

re christian, he got his players 3 layups (several wide open), including one with your 7' center all alone, with the game on the line and they missed all 3
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:24 am

btw drago & caudill didn't even dress either, what a waste of $60k + / yr
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:43 am

i swung by conte this morning and clifford was still guarding against Pitt's 12% 3 pt shooting only to let another pass lead to another open layup

at least they're being honest with attendance at this point. 2200.

for those who didnt go (wouldn't blame you in the slightest) diallo went through full warmups so i hope he's close.

i dont know how people can blame christian for that one. up 9 with 3 to go. heckman was it? threw it right to the other team after breaking the press, hanlan missed the front end of a 1 and 1, olajuwon missed a relatively uncontested layup at the end of regulation, heckman missed a layup at the end of OT

competence on any of those specific plays above (and i think im missing one or two) and we win the game.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Nice press break, Coach Jim.

Press break is actually awesome. Just a stupid pass. Guy was wide open and he went to batten

Seriously? There was one nice beak that got them their last two points. Pitt went on a 12-2 run when they started to press. Don't forget the pass that was batted back and the fucking horrible one by Clifford up the side. The break has been poor at best.

Bc had one bad play on the press when militants brother the the shit pass to batten. Crappy offense from awful shoppers after the press break is not a bad press break

Jesus I spent more time than this team is worth.

There were at least 3 or 4 shitty inbound plays. Yes, they broke the press a couple times once resulting in an easy basket but there were way too many turnovers and just bad, last passes.

That's the players, not the plays. They ran the same design every time and it always worked. Players pass like shit.

Omg how dare you blame the players!

Militant and HJS get over here now and fix this injustice!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:14 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i swung by conte this morning and clifford was still guarding against Pitt's 12% 3 pt shooting only to let another pass lead to another open layup

for those who didnt go (wouldn't blame you in the slightest) diallo went through full warmups so i hope he's close.

i dont know how people can blame christian for that one. up 9 with 3 to go. heckman was it? threw it right to the other team after breaking the press, hanlan missed the front end of a 1 and 1, olajuwon missed a relatively uncontested layup at the end of regulation, heckman missed a layup at the end of OT

competence on any of those specific plays above (and i think im missing one or two) and we win the game.

btw that was brown
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:17 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:i swung by conte this morning and clifford was still guarding against Pitt's 12% 3 pt shooting only to let another pass lead to another open layup

btw that was brown

For all (maybe just one of you) blaming Christian, after being up by 10:

Missed Layup
TO
Missed FT 1-1
TO
TO
Missed layup
Missed layup
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:47 am

I'm actually amazed that this was the first staggeringly bad Heckmann game this season, but was it ever.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:53 am

all Heckmann needed to do was get out of the way last night. Greek League passing on the final shot didn't help though
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:13 am

Surprised to read anyone blaming Christian (maybe I shouldn't be), but I thought he was one of the few bright spots last night.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum