Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:BC has got to do whatever it takes to land Vonleh. Throw him in the starting lineup with Anderson and Clifford and for the 2013-2014 season you've just created the best frontcourt in the ACC and possibly the nation. Not to mention I think our guard play is going to be pretty strong as well. He could single-handedly take us from a likely tournament team in 2013 to a possible national champion contender.

Vonleh, think how you have the chance to transform your hometown school!

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:36 pm

larrydoby {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
larrydoby {l Wrote}:Didn't Alex Murphy red-shirt at Duke last year?

Yes

Murphy was red-shirted because of injury; they actually took him a year early (he moved from 2012 to 2011 at the last moment) because they wanted him in the slot vacated by Kyle Singler.

Are you sure Alex Murphy was a medical redshirt?

That's what I heard, and I'm reasonably certain it's true; why should K. have decided in the spring of 2011 to bring Murphy in a year early if he didn't want to play him immediately? It seems even more obvious with the opening created by Singler's departure, which is where K. told Murphy during recruiting that he wanted to play him.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Boston College is in at St Mike's today (Toronto, ON) to see Malcolm Duvivier & Nelson Kaputo. #NCAA @NorthPoleHoops (@Tariq_NPH)

Duvivier is ranked in the rivals 150 for 2014 at #116. Kaputo is 2016. Both are PGs.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Alec Peters got an offer from Tennessee.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:47 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Alec Peters got an offer from Tennessee.

What are we talking here Martin or Directional?
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Peters was offered by the Vols.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:28 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:Peters was offered by the Vols.

That could be the start of a few more high majors rolling in (ND)
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Evan Boudreaux is visiting this weekend as well
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BostonChillage on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:13 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Evan Boudreaux is visiting this weekend as well

I saw him today in Fulton Hall with his family. Wasn't sure who he was then but I knew he was a basketball recruit. Yep.
"I love this moment so much I want to have sex with it"
BostonChillage
n00b

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:36 pm

BostonChillage {l Wrote}:

I saw him today in Fulton Hall with his family. Wasn't sure who he was then but I knew he was a basketball recruit. Yep.

You don't get any bonus points for figuring out that a 6'7" kid wandering around with his parents is a basketball prospect. It's nice, however, to hear that Boudreaux bothered to visit on the family dime -- he might become a very good player.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BostonChillage on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:45 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

You don't get any bonus points for figuring out that a 6'7" kid wandering around with his parents is a basketball prospect. It's nice, however, to hear that Boudreaux bothered to visit on the family dime -- he might become a very good player.

I wasn't trying to get any "bonus points". No need to be a dick about it. Just trying to give any information that I can because many people on this board aren't hanging out in Fulton Hall on a daily basis.
BostonChillage
n00b

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:50 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

I wasn't trying to get any "bonus points". No need to be a dick about it. Just trying to give any information that I can because many people on this board aren't hanging out in Fulton Hall on a daily basis.

Was anybody w/him from the team? Like a player or coach?
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:35 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

I may have been excessively sharp in my response; I apologize if I offended.

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Was anybody w/him from the team? Like a player or coach?

Donahue et al. may have left him and his family alone for a while so they could check out the campus. Even so, I'm sure they gave him plenty of time and attention; after all, they've already offered him, and promising players like Boudreaux are (we hope) the program's future.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BostonChillage on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:53 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

Donahue et al. may have left him and his family alone for a while so they could check out the campus. Even so, I'm sure they gave him plenty of time and attention; after all, they've already offered him, and promising players like Boudreaux are (we hope) the program's future.

It's alright thanks for the apology. I was being sensitive as well. He was with his family and there was one BC athletics person with him too. I didn't recognize who he was, though. He was meeting the Dean of CSOM, apparenty.
BostonChillage
n00b

Postby RedBaron67 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:33 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

It's alright thanks for the apology. I was being sensitive as well. He was with his family and there was one BC athletics person with him too. I didn't recognize who he was, though. He was meeting the Dean of CSOM, apparenty.

Well, whatever happens, we can't complain that Boudreaux isn't taking BC's offer seriously (or that the basketball program isn't taking him seriously -- it's encouraging that they appear to have the visiting process well organized).
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Peters to Valparaiso
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Not only are the Drew brothers very cute but they can sure recruit and win games.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:53 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Peters to Valparaiso

I always had the feeling that BC was sort of a wild hair in Peters' recruiting; he certainly gave enough indications that he'd like to stay close to home, and Valparaiso is about 3 hours' drive. I expect he'll have a successful career there.
BC's 2013 recruiting is now wide open again; anybody have any word on the most likely possibilities?

Note to eepstein0: I'm sure you're sighing with relief right now. I just hope we'll be happier with the actual final result.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:02 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

I always had the feeling that BC was sort of a wild hair in Peters' recruiting; he certainly gave enough indications that he'd like to stay close to home, and Valparaiso is about 3 hours' drive. I expect he'll have a successful career there.
BC's 2013 recruiting is now wide open again; anybody have any word on the most likely possibilities?

Noah Vonleh?
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:51 pm

BC coaches were at Findlay Prep (NV) 3 days ago. Gavin Schilling and Fallou Ndoye are just a couple of the half dozen or so BCS-caliber prospects at the Nevada prep school.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:13 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
BC coaches were at Findlay Prep (NV) 3 days ago. Gavin Schilling and Fallou Ndoye are just a couple of the half dozen or so BCS-caliber prospects at the Nevada prep school.

Good on Peters, we shouldn't be recruiting kids who commit to Valpo.

Best of luck on Findlay Prep
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:16 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

Noah Vonleh?

Talked to a college coach last week. BC is absolutely in play for Vonleh
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

Good on Peters, we shouldn't be recruiting kids who commit to Valpo.

Best of luck on Findlay Prep

Findlay Prep (a basketball program that finds a high school to attach itself to) draws recruiters the way blood in the water draws sharks, so there are no easy gets there. Schilling (6'9", 227 lbs.), a well-traveled kid from Chicago (freshman year in Chicago, sophomore year in Germany (!), junior year at a different school in Chicago, and now a senior in Nevada), hasn't attracted the big guns, but has offers from a small army of high majors scattered all over the country. (Reported to have offered him: Auburn, DePaul, Illinois, Kansas State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Oregon State, Penn State, Providence, TCU, USC, Vanderbilt, and Washington State.) In contrast to Peters, we don't have to worry about his willingness to travel; the problem with Schilling is to stand out in the midst of the recruiting stampede.

Fallou Ndoye (6'11", 215 lbs., played last year at Faith Baptist School in Florida) is reported to be still somewhat raw but with a huge upside and a strong work ethic. Mississippi State, USC, and Virginia Tech have offered him, but a number of other high majors have an eye on him. The crowd isn't as big as Schilling's, but it will grow rapidly if he continues to develop this season (assuming he doesn't sign in the autumn period).

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

Noah Vonleh?

I'm unquestionably too old to run naked through the streets screaming, but if Vonleh were to commit to BC and I were an undergraduate, I would seriously consider it.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby bcmurph on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 am

highly recruited point guard Frank Mason added Boston College to his offers list

http://www.nvdaily.com/sports/2012/09/jeffs-column.php

Only 3 star on Rivals but recently was offered by Kansas?
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:33 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:
highly recruited point guard Frank Mason added Boston College to his offers list

Rated #131 in the country
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:34 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

Rated #131 in the country, yes was offered by Kansas
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:42 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:

Rated #131 in the country, yes was offered by Kansas

Mason (6'0", Petersburg, VA) is a rather odd case. Last season he committed to Towson, but didn't qualify academically (so he's a post-grad at Massanutten Military Academy this season). At the same time, he exploded in postseason play and then on the AAU circuit, so he decommitted in July and was offered by Kansas later that month. He visited Kansas this past week, but still hasn't committed to them (maybe he's allergic to wheat pollen). The other school chasing him frantically is Virginia Tech, which could certainly use him, and apparently wants to get an in-state blue-chip recruit to bolster their credibility. Mason is a true point guard, but can also score a lot of points when necessary. Why Donahue decided to jump so late into a heated recruiting battle for a player at what appears to be BC's deepest position is a bit of a mystery to me; unless Mason has signaled that he wants to look at more options, it seems a waste of resources, but what do I know?
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

Noah Vonleh?

Awsome. Not only is he really talented, but he would definitely fill a need for us and would make the 2013-2014 squad formidable.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:12 pm

@BrewsterHoops
#BC will be on campus at Brewster today to see Ron Patterson and Jared Terrell

University of Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari was on the Wilbraham & Monson Academy campus Wednesday morning to meet with boys basketball coach Chris Sparks. Calipari, whose Kentucky team won the NCAA Division 1 championship in April, met with Sparks in the morning before going to breakfast at Lak Dining Hall.

“It was another great day,” Coach Sparks said. “We had an opportunity for a national championship program, the University of Kentucky, and Coach Calipari, to come to campus. But also, all the other schools that have come, it means a lot to me as an alumnus to be able to market our school in a way that promotes excellence.”

Pitt coach Jamie Dixon was on campus last week, and assistants from Villanova and Missouri were on site earlier this week. Assistants from Texas, Stanford, Connecticut, Boston College, Harvard, Rider, Rutgers, Manhattan, Massachusetts and Columbia have also met with Sparks this season.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 pm

@Corey_Rivals513
Boston College, Toledo, Kent State, Akron, Bowling Green, Wright State and Buffalo have all been at Norwalk to watch '14 wing Jeff Thomas.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum