I'm Just Going to Say It

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: I'm Just Going to Say It

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:12 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Welcome to the HJS bandwagon. There is plenty of room here.

Fixed. You thought he deserved another year based on his record. I didn't and still don't. I think the time to fire Al was three weeks ago.

CAG, are you so retarded that you can't figure out that any good candidate to replace Al wouldn't have been available to interview 2.5 weeks ago when BC was knocked out of the ACC Tournament?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Welcome to the HJS bandwagon. There is plenty of room here.

Fixed. You thought he deserved another year based on his record. I didn't and still don't. I think the time to fire Al was three weeks ago.

CAG, are you so retarded that you can't figure out that any good candidate to replace Al wouldn't have been available to interview 2.5 weeks ago when BC was knocked out of the ACC Tournament?

He's upset about McCaffrey, who inexplicable took a job in basketball purgatory.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:15 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

He's upset about McCaffrey, who inexplicable took a job in basketball purgatory.

We have no basis to assume that McCaffrey wasn't contacted in the last week (after the infamous meeting but before taking the Iowa job). Many would argue that Iowa is a substantially better job than BC.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby screagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:20 am

you guys are way too high on mccaffrey
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:20 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

We have no basis to assume that McCaffrey wasn't contacted in the last week (after the infamous meeting but before taking the Iowa job). Many would argue that Iowa is a substantially better job than BC.

Many would be fucking stupid.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

There is at least a solid argument. It's not as cut and dry as TWB seems to believe.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Better history, better fanbase, more institutional support, etc
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

There is at least a solid argument. It's not as cut and dry as TWB seems to believe.

It's a shit program in a shit conference. Without Tom Izzo, the Big 11 is the MAC, and Iowa is Toledo.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

It's a shit program in a shit conference. Without Tom Izzo, the Big 11 is the MAC, and Iowa is Toledo.

That's insulting to Toledo, but I agree.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:29 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Man, you ignore a ton to call it a shit program in a shit conference. Basing everything on the last 3 years when it's convenient for you...classic TWB.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:30 am

There's a huge difference between "the flex" and the "tight flex". The flex borders on a legitimate basketball offense.

On the other hand, the "tight flex" which Skinner used wasn't fit for a middle school team. What genius designed an offensive set where your center makes a pass to your PF across the FT line while you're other three players are below the height of the FT line?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 am

I don't care about the offensive style if the team made runs in the Tourney. If Bo Ryan were named BC's coach tomorrow, I'd do cartwheels.

Personally though I don't see any names out there that really excite me other than Pearl (who BC won't pay) and Stevens (who GDF won't even call). But maybe GDF will surprise me.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:39 am

FOR TWB
Exhibit 1:

Iowa's NCAA Tourney seeds since 1980: 4, 5, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 2, 5, 4, 7, 9, 4, 6, 8, 5, 7, 10, 3
BC's NCAA Tourney seeds since 1980: 5, 8, 4, 11, 9, 11, 5, 3, 11, 6, 4, 4, 7, 7

For those of you keeping score that's Iowa's nine top 5 seeds and 19 appearances to BC's six and 14.
Last edited by pick6pedro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby totheights on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 am

Rumor has it that GDF is looking to change is title from AD/Coach Flip to General Manger.

Source: Frank the Tank
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Exhibit 1:

Iowa's NCAA Tourney seeds since 1980: 4, 5, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 2, 5, 4, 7, 9, 4, 6, 8, 5, 7, 10, 3

For those of you keeping score that's Iowa's nine top 5 seeds and 19 appearances to BC's six and 14.

And the point? That no one would have known that.

Enjoy purgatory, Fran. Say hi to Steve Alford and his up and coming career for me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Man, you ignore a ton to call it a shit program in a shit conference. Basing everything on the last 3 years when it's convenient for you...classic TWB.

Iowa has been in the shitter for a while. Since 200 they are 72-92 in conference games. The had 3 seasons above .500 in conf games (9-7 twice and 11-5 once). Other than 2006 they have either sucked or been mediocre.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Enjoy purgatory, Fran. Say hi to Steve Alford and his up and coming career for me.

I'm not saying it was a good choice, I'm saying there's an argument that it's a better place to be.

Exhibit 2:

Even when they suck, people show up--
They've averaged 10K+ fans every year since 2000 (didn't bother going back further) including 12K+ in 7 of those seasons.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am

I didn't see a lot of exciting, up-tempo offenses in the Sweet 16 this year. Just sayin' is all.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

There's only one person that it matters knows that - and it's the coach you are trying to lure in. Who cares that YOU or other fans didn't know that?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There's a huge difference between "the flex" and the "tight flex". The flex borders on a legitimate basketball offense.

On the other hand, the "tight flex" which Skinner used wasn't fit for a middle school team. What genius designed an offensive set where your center makes a pass to your PF across the FT line while you're other three players are below the height of the FT line?

I love you EPPS..Thanks for saying what the fuck I have been preaching for years..

PERFECT!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 am

I really believe from everything that has come out that Gene did not start this post-season evaluation with the goal of firing Al. I think from everything we know it was obvious Al's staff was terrible and Al relies more on his staff then any D1 basketball coach I have ever heard of and a change needed to be made with them. The team was no showing more and more which was another issue that needed to be addressed but we must remember Al does not coach effort. Al was probably given some time to mull over who to get rid of and he cameback with status quo. I had predicted during the season Al would never make such a change just like his counter part TOB 1.0 when atl and twb kept saying that all Al needs to do is make some changes to his staff. (not meant to be an attack but pointing out that your faith was not based on who Al is and why I always compared him TOB) Al thought he was calling a bluff and Gene fired him. All parties thought this was going to be a clean break because SJU looked lost and Al was going to get the job but unfortunately for Al Gene was not the only person saying no to Al's entire staff and Al is again known for needing a very good staff. Now we are in the situation wer are in now which in my opinion just came about 1 year early but was inevitable. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:01 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:This move makes absolutely no sense unless we get a phenomenal replacement.

Think about it:

-If Gene wanted Al gone, why the fuck didn't he do it at the end of the season?

Thanks. I said that right after the ACC Tourney ended to give BC a shot at everyone.

GDF ASSCLOWNITIS.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum