pearl in the final 8

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: pearl in the final 8

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:The same bruce pearl that TWB, HJS, Pedro, talon and the other al apologists said wasn't any better than Al b/c he had never gone further than Al in the tourney. Looks like that argument is done....as is that crap argument about the "great record" in the acc. 1 sweet 16 in 14 years and there are still Al supporters out there...unbelievable. No wins in the tourney against higher seeds....crap recruiting....please take him st johns. Please take him just like NC State took our shitty football coach.

I've never discussed Bruce Pearl relative to Al Skinner. Never change, OJ.

nor have I.

I have. OJ loves that one extra game Bruce gets every once in while. Right before he meets a real coach, Tom Izzo.

On game extra? FAIL. so you would rather have skinner than pearl? what does pearl have...like 5 teimes the number of sweet 16s?

His lovely 2 seed exit in the round of 32 would have had you pissing yourself for decades OJ.

only if he did it consistently.

Yes, because BC has been a 2 seed a ton of times.

And he has done it at least twice in 5-6 years at TN.

Please stop with the Skinner is just as good as pear argument....its fucking stupid.

In four seasons at Tennessee, Pearl has led the Vols to an average of 24.5 wins per year, three SEC Eastern Division titles, an overall SEC championship, the school's first No. 1 national ranking, a school record 31 wins in 2007-08 and four straight trips to the NCAA Tournament--including back-to-back appearances in the Sweet 16. He has been named SEC Coach of the Year twice (2006 and 2008) and earned national coach of the year honors two times as well.

So in other words, he is awesome in the regular season, getting #1 rankings an two seeds and shit, but you, who relies on tourney performance, conveniently ignore the circumstances of his exits in those Sweet Sixteens. It also ignores the fact that he lost in the round of 32 with one of those 30 win, 2 seed teams. And the guy that looks for excuses to crap on Jags cites "Division Championships".

I'd say that this season is by far Bruce Pearl's finest performance, by the OJ standard. Prior to this season, he was Al Skinner, with weaker opponents and better talent. I will agree that Al has never had a season this good.

he has 3x more sweet 16s than Al in 1/3 the time....you can rationalize all you want, but that's not even close. As far as better recruiuts and higher seed...well, that's all part of being a good coach.

Jesus, its not even fucking close.

And he usually fails more miserably when he makes it that one extra game to the Sweet 16. At least Al lost to a 1 seed.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:The same bruce pearl that TWB, HJS, Pedro, talon and the other al apologists said wasn't any better than Al b/c he had never gone further than Al in the tourney. Looks like that argument is done....as is that crap argument about the "great record" in the acc. 1 sweet 16 in 14 years and there are still Al supporters out there...unbelievable. No wins in the tourney against higher seeds....crap recruiting....please take him st johns. Please take him just like NC State took our shitty football coach.

nor have I.

I have. OJ loves that one extra game Bruce gets every once in while. Right before he meets a real coach, Tom Izzo.

On game extra? FAIL. so you would rather have skinner than pearl? what does pearl have...like 5 teimes the number of sweet 16s?

His lovely 2 seed exit in the round of 32 would have had you pissing yourself for decades OJ.

Please stop with the Skinner is just as good as pear argument....its fucking stupid.

In four seasons at Tennessee, Pearl has led the Vols to an average of 24.5 wins per year, three SEC Eastern Division titles, an overall SEC championship, the school's first No. 1 national ranking, a school record 31 wins in 2007-08 and four straight trips to the NCAA Tournament--including back-to-back appearances in the Sweet 16. He has been named SEC Coach of the Year twice (2006 and 2008) and earned national coach of the year honors two times as well.

So in other words, he is awesome in the regular season, getting #1 rankings an two seeds and shit, but you, who relies on tourney performance, conveniently ignore the circumstances of his exits in those Sweet Sixteens. It also ignores the fact that he lost in the round of 32 with one of those 30 win, 2 seed teams. And the guy that looks for excuses to crap on Jags cites "Division Championships".

I'd say that this season is by far Bruce Pearl's finest performance, by the OJ standard. Prior to this season, he was Al Skinner, with weaker opponents and better talent. I will agree that Al has never had a season this good.

he has 3x more sweet 16s than Al in 1/3 the time....you can rationalize all you want, but that's not even close. As far as better recruiuts and higher seed...well, that's all part of being a good coach.

THE TOURNEY IZZ RANDOM!!!!111! It's all about winning regular season games!!!!
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

nor have I.

THE TOURNEY IZZ RANDOM!!!!111! It's all about winning regular season games!!!!

Let us not forget that Al is simply the unluckiest coach in NCAA tournie history. They have all just been bad matchups!
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum