Pat Duquette on Tyler Roche

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pat Duquette on Tyler Roche

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:06 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Tyler Roche was not ACC level talent worthy. Great kid though!

Duquette and his son on the Clemson game are nice BC guys.

We need a Head Coach though!

Thanks for the sunshine.

Did I miss somthing here?

TALENT REIGNS SUPREME.

Minutes are just a by-product of simple formula ~~~~ HUSTLE X TALENT = RESULTS

Roche is missing ACC leevl talent. Its simple.

WTF??
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:21 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Tyler Roche was not ACC level talent worthy. Great kid though!

Duquette and his son on the Clemson game are nice BC guys.

We need a Head Coach though!

Thanks for the sunshine.

Did I miss somthing here?

TALENT REIGNS SUPREME.

Minutes are just a by-product of simple formula ~~~~ HUSTLE X TALENT = RESULTS

Roche is missing ACC leevl talent. Its simple.

WTF??

Couldn't agree with you more. I don't care how hard he works, he's too short and slow to play in the ACC. After Roche graduates, I'll have to find someone else on this team to make fun of. Early odds are on Biko Paris who is a pathetic excuse for a basketball player.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:41 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}: So you can make it specific about Tyler Roche if you want to, that wasn't my intent.

You made it about TR when you said BC had "kicked him to the curb everytime the next potential superstar walks through the door" in your first post on this thread. Man, you can't even keep your own story straight.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:44 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}: So you can make it specific about Tyler Roche if you want to, that wasn't my intent.

You made it about TR when you said BC had "kicked him to the curb everytime the next potential superstar walks through the door" in your first post on this thread. Man, you can't even keep your own story straight.

Ok, just to make you happy, the thread can be specific to Tyler Roche.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:00 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Oh I'm sorry - did the below not happen in a thread called "Pat Duqette on Tyler Roche"? Emphasis is mine.

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:This is an interesting read.

...Tyler's experience has made me appreciate the importance of "team players." Every coach needs them. Every winning team needs them. They are totally invested in the program. They accept any role necessary. They are loyal, hard working, tough, smart, and completely selfless. Competitive by nature, but willing to help their teammates any way they can. Extremely self motivated, but anxious to subvert their own success for the team's success. They understand that defense wins games. They are prepared to take the big shot when needed, yet always willing to make the extra pass to the open man. They jump at the chance to take a charge - the ultimate selfless act of a teammate (in my opinion) - because not only does it show you are in position to help your teammate who got beat by their man, but it reflects your willingness to help that teammate by giving up your body even when you know there is a good chance that it is going to hurt. Players who take charges are GREAT teammates.

Tyler takes charges! He is a great leader, a selfless person, and the ultimate "team player." Glad we have him!!

http://collegechalktalk.com/coachesDiary/boston_college/2009-10_releases/1.28.10duquette

Maybe if the rewarded the behavior instead of kicking him to the curb everytime the next potential superstar walks through the door they might be able to build a program.

You even responded later specifically about him getting more starts and more playing time. Of course, you didn't say your intention was just the team in general until you were shown that TR was not "kicked to the curb". It's OK to say "TR wasn't kicked to the curb - I was wrong." Instead you continue to :backpedal . But this seems to be a consistent pattern with you. Life lessons with P6P. I'm going to charge you for the next one.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Oh I'm sorry - did the below not happen in a thread called "Pat Duqette on Tyler Roche"? Emphasis is mine.

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:This is an interesting read.

...Tyler's experience has made me appreciate the importance of "team players." Every coach needs them. Every winning team needs them. They are totally invested in the program. They accept any role necessary. They are loyal, hard working, tough, smart, and completely selfless. Competitive by nature, but willing to help their teammates any way they can. Extremely self motivated, but anxious to subvert their own success for the team's success. They understand that defense wins games. They are prepared to take the big shot when needed, yet always willing to make the extra pass to the open man. They jump at the chance to take a charge - the ultimate selfless act of a teammate (in my opinion) - because not only does it show you are in position to help your teammate who got beat by their man, but it reflects your willingness to help that teammate by giving up your body even when you know there is a good chance that it is going to hurt. Players who take charges are GREAT teammates.

Tyler takes charges! He is a great leader, a selfless person, and the ultimate "team player." Glad we have him!!

http://collegechalktalk.com/coachesDiary/boston_college/2009-10_releases/1.28.10duquette

Maybe if the rewarded the behavior instead of kicking him to the curb everytime the next potential superstar walks through the door they might be able to build a program.

You even responded later specifically about him getting more starts and more playing time. Of course, you didn't say your intention was just the team in general until you were shown that TR was not "kicked to the curb". It's OK to say "TR wasn't kicked to the curb - I was wrong." Instead you continue to :backpedal . But this seems to be a consistent pattern with you. Life lessons with P6P. I'm going to charge you for the next one.

"...His sophomore year he started 23 games, but by the end of the year was reduced to a supporting role as we brought in a large class of freshmen who were now receiving more playing time. He never complained. He only worked harder. " = Kicked to the curb.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:59 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
"...His sophomore year he started 23 games, but by the end of the year was reduced to a supporting role as we brought in a large class of freshmen who were now receiving more playing time. He never complained. He only worked harder. " = Kicked to the curb.

Sorry, kicked to the curb is seeing your playing time go down to nothing, not a less than 5 minutes decrease (which can partially be attributed to back problems). Players are moved in and out of the starting lineup all the time for various reasons - it doesn't mean they are kicked to the curb. Even as a starter TR was a role player. He started more out of need than anything else. He is still a role player - the sooner you recognize this, the sooner the discussion can end. And besides that the players who replaced him are not only better basketball players than he is, but they are not punks with attitude or work ethic problems.

I know you love hard work but TR was only averaging 3.8 points, 1.9 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 0.3 blocks, and 0.3 steals as a starter in the ACC. Sorry, that's not good enough no matter how hard one hustles. When you're on your way to 14-17 there is no reason to not allow younger guys to get PT and experience...because chances are they are going to be more productive both in the present and the future if that switch is made.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum