recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Boston College 8 {l Wrote}:can people be like other boards and just be positive about this team. we are getting better recruits than the last 4 plus years. does anyone else see that. right now turner, milon, and robinson is a solid class. an acc class. can everyone just be happy for once.

It's the same people who bitch and moan over and over and unfortunately, the more reasonable/non-complaining posters like eagle9903, pedro, apbc, etc. don't post much any more.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Boston College 8 {l Wrote}:can people be like other boards and just be positive about this team. we are getting better recruits than the last 4 plus years. does anyone else see that. right now turner, milon, and robinson is a solid class. an acc class. can everyone just be happy for once.

Again, we play in the ACC, not America East. This a bottom 5 ACC class
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:I hope everyone doesn't get too excited when they go 15-15 this year and say "you see, Coach Jim is a really good coach, look what he did with an 8 win team."

If he wins 15 games I'll be very impressed.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:35 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd also note that an obscure thing called "playing defense" will instantly make this team a lot better with no recruits. Adding a rim protector, teaching defense and instilling some offensive principles beyond "dribble off your foot" and "chuck threes" will go a long way.

If ATL is suggesting that the coaching staff is poo-poo-ing local top 100 talent like Sharma and Falzon in favor of transfers, well then I look forward to the next coaching staff, which will be here soon. The only good thing about the hiring of this underwhelming shitty basketball staff was the prospects for recruiting in the area. Now all of a sudden the deepest basketball recruiting area in the country over the past couple of years gets ignored for transfers?

Sounds like an excuse.

The gossip is that Spanelli and Murphy are recruiting hard locally but JC's not the greatest closer. I think it is a shame that we cannot do better locally.

Supposedly the transfer strategy is that you can get some older players right away and win faster. I also think like Iowa State and GW, there is the belief that with transfers you can more readily project how they will play in the ACC because you have some data about them at a high level.

I wont delve into sirius bizness but this absolutely shouts agenda from Mo'JTL

I don't know if you can call it an agenda. I think Christian is better than Don and will be an okay-ish coach and gone in a few years of his own volition. As far as me spreading rumors about Spanelli or Murphy to carry favor with them, I don't know either and haven't tried to cultivate anything from them. The gossip I get on the staff comes from people who cannot spread it themselves.

I just wanted to type MO'JTL
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:56 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

It's the same people who bitch and moan over and over and unfortunately, the more reasonable/non-complaining posters like eagle9903, pedro, apbc, etc. don't post much any more.

Pedro I can understand (cause he's a lazy Mexican) and 9903 ( cause he's hutthurt over nick) but what the fuck is manny's excuse for ruining militant's Xanadu?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Look we all want BC to do well, but this is towards the bottom of the ACC in terms of recruiting. This class so far is hardly better than Donahue's first class. In fact, Ryan Anderson was a better prospect than any of our current commits.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Boston College 8 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:21 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

Look we all want BC to do well, but this is towards the bottom of the ACC in terms of recruiting. This class so far is hardly better than Donahue's first class. In fact, Ryan Anderson was a better prospect than any of our current commits.

okay thats fair, but i think Christian deserves a break. he has only had less than a year to recruit these kids. he got turner who just based on rankings is probably the highest rated since anderson. milon is decently rated. and we are also in the mix for 1-2 other very good players. also he got diallo last year who is a legit player. he also got hanlan to stay and got brown and batten. I'm just saying he has made only good moves so far. for people to say he's a terrible recruiter and coach after this short term is just ridiculous and they should get off this site. thats all i was saying
Boston College 8
n00b

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:35 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

I generally try to avoid becoming abusive, but demanding that posters "be positive" and "be happy" in the program's current situation is unqualifiedly infantile and/or imbecilic. The BC basketball program is presently one of the doormats of the ACC, which is the conference the all-highest rulers of BC have decreed we have to belong to in order to stroke their institutional vanity. If we care about BC athletics, we have a reasonable right (if not a duty) to complain about the athletic administration embarrassing the school in the conference's signature sport. If anyone should stop posting, it's the Pollyannas who are clearly psychologically incapable of dealing with bad news - and the news on BC basketball is bad, although (amazingly) capable of rapid and dramatic turnaround (meaning McDuffie and Sharma). Given what's happened with Terrell, Mitchell, Mann, and Falzon, however, I'm not optimistic - and those offended by my "negativity" can go perform anatomically extraordinary obscenities.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby lobstalova on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:21 pm

We need to take it easy on Christian, he has been head coach for six months and has done some pretty good things so far. I would say far better than the things Donanue did in his first six months. That, to me, is reason to be happy. Not satisfied by any means but at least pleased with what has happened so far. Diallo is a good signing, I think he will be better than any player Donahue recruited. Christian's first 4 recruits (diallo, milon, robinson, turner) are much better than Donahue's first four (gave moton, danny rubin, odio, clifford) which shows progress. We don't have to be satisfied as a fan base, but we should at least be smiling at this point.

Remember overloading on the 2011 class with 7 recruits? It didn't work. So maybe taking just 4 this year is a good decision, so we can have some roster balance.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Boston College 8 {l Wrote}: people to say he's a terrible recruiter and coach after this short term is just ridiculous and they should get off this site. thats all i was saying

You registered for EO this week and you're going to tell people who have been posting here since its inception 5 years ago to get off the site?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:37 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Boston College 8 {l Wrote}: people to say he's a terrible recruiter and coach after this short term is just ridiculous and they should get off this site. thats all i was saying

You registered for EO this week and you're going to tell people who have been posting here since its inception 5 years ago to get off the site?

i, for one, embrace our new millennial overlord. I'm also glad that I don't even like sports
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:55 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

i, for one, embrace our new millennial overlord. I'm also glad that I don't even like sports

Thank you for your honest lack of interest; compared to a lot of what appears on this board, it's a breath of fresh air.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:31 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

I generally try to avoid becoming abusive, but demanding that posters "be positive" and "be happy" in the program's current situation is unqualifiedly infantile and/or imbecilic. The BC basketball program is presently one of the doormats of the ACC, which is the conference the all-highest rulers of BC have decreed we have to belong to in order to stroke their institutional vanity. If we care about BC athletics, we have a reasonable right (if not a duty) to complain about the athletic administration embarrassing the school in the conference's signature sport. If anyone should stop posting, it's the Pollyannas who are clearly psychologically incapable of dealing with bad news - and the news on BC basketball is bad, although (amazingly) capable of rapid and dramatic turnaround (meaning McDuffie and Sharma). Given what's happened with Terrell, Mitchell, Mann, and Falzon, however, I'm not optimistic - and those offended by my "negativity" can go perform anatomically extraordinary obscenities.

Very well said, Baron.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:33 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:We need to take it easy on Christian, he has been head coach for six months and has done some pretty good things so far. I would say far better than the things Donanue did in his first six months. That, to me, is reason to be happy. Not satisfied by any means but at least pleased with what has happened so far. Diallo is a good signing, I think he will be better than any player Donahue recruited. Christian's first 4 recruits (diallo, milon, robinson, turner) are much better than Donahue's first four (gave moton, danny rubin, odio, clifford) which shows progress. We don't have to be satisfied as a fan base, but we should at least be smiling at this point.

Remember overloading on the 2011 class with 7 recruits? It didn't work. So maybe taking just 4 this year is a good decision, so we can have some roster balance.

Why? He is a mediocre coach at best and was hired when the program needs a very good coach. What has Christian accomplished to date as a head coach that should merit anything less than scrutiny? He will have to prove that he is a very good coach before I'm going to take it easy on Mr. .500 at TCU.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:26 am

Long time reader, first time commenter...take that for what its worth.

I think we need to give Christian some leash, I mean c'mon, he hasn't even coached a game. That being said, it's gotta be a short leash.

One thing I learned over the past four years was that what we saw from a coach in year 1 didn't really change over the course of his four years. I initially liked Spaz (condemn me now!) and Donahue (that should do me in for sure)...but I thought they just needed time to get their players in the system. Clearly never worked. I am going to try and give JC one year's leash, and if the future isn't much brighter next offseason than it is today, we will know what we have in him and then start thinking about who's next. (Side: I think the Addazio case augments this argument, since after year 1 signs looked good...and we so far have met expectations this season, though there's a lot of football left to be played this year).
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:34 am

Not that it makes a difference any more for 2015, but the hand-wringing over "unbalanced classes" is unnecessary. They always get cut down to size. Look at 2011, Daniels transferred, Anderson transferred, Clifford redshirted, Caudill didn't care about playing time but if he did he would have transferred. Perfectly typical. Strategy should be to take as many high-quality recruits as you can whenever you can and let everything else work itself out.

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle
:koolaid
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:00 am

i think we now have more :ugeek: posting than those that actually go to the games
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:11 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd also note that an obscure thing called "playing defense" will instantly make this team a lot better with no recruits. Adding a rim protector, teaching defense and instilling some offensive principles beyond "dribble off your foot" and "chuck threes" will go a long way.

If ATL is suggesting that the coaching staff is poo-poo-ing local top 100 talent like Sharma and Falzon in favor of transfers, well then I look forward to the next coaching staff, which will be here soon. The only good thing about the hiring of this underwhelming shitty basketball staff was the prospects for recruiting in the area. Now all of a sudden the deepest basketball recruiting area in the country over the past couple of years gets ignored for transfers?

Sounds like an excuse.

The gossip is that Spanelli and Murphy are recruiting hard locally but JC's not the greatest closer. I think it is a shame that we cannot do better locally.

Supposedly the transfer strategy is that you can get some older players right away and win faster. I also think like Iowa State and GW, there is the belief that with transfers you can more readily project how they will play in the ACC because you have some data about them at a high level.

I don't know if you can call it an agenda. I think Christian is better than Don and will be an okay-ish coach and gone in a few years of his own volition. As far as me spreading rumors about Spanelli or Murphy to carry favor with them, I don't know either and haven't tried to cultivate anything from them. The gossip I get on the staff comes from people who cannot spread it themselves.

ATL is taking some hits over on EA for this post. One guy feels that ATL is smart when he posts positive stuff about BC, but "doesn't know shit" when he relays negative news.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:15 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

This list made me spit my coffee out. Fantastic parody post here Militant.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:20 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Sounds like an excuse.

ATL is taking some hits over on EA for this post. One guy feels that ATL is smart when he posts positive stuff about BC, but "doesn't know shit" when he relays negative news.

ATL better watch out, the septuagenarian BC board constitutes a large portion of the commenting readership at Eagle in ATL
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:28 am

atl's commenters are the absolute worst
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:atl's commenters are the absolute worst

I post there on one occasion and one occasion only - when one of those dipshits makes reference to TOB winning 10 games.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby JConman on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:36 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Sounds like an excuse.

Yeah pretty sure that poster was being sarcastic.
JConman
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:39 am

JConman {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Sounds like an excuse.

Yeah pretty sure that poster was being sarcastic.

In fairness, the posters over there post stupid so often it is tough to tell.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:05 am

NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby cremins on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:58 am

all of the guys on here that were complaining about addazzio are the same ones complaining about christiain. yes i was not thrilled by the hire
but lets give him and his staff shot first. stop with the negativity all the time. you have to like diallo, and the three recruits so far. i do think
we are going to land one of sharma or mcduffie. then lets actually see what he can do as a coach in our system instead of being so down on
everything. addazio turned out to be great for us, under the radar guy, who can recruit and has the kids play hard, lets hope that christian
is the same type. lets give him a shot first
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:08 am

cremins {l Wrote}:all of the guys on here that were complaining about addazzio are the same ones complaining about christiain. yes i was not thrilled by the hire
but lets give him and his staff shot first. stop with the negativity all the time. you have to like diallo, and the three recruits so far. i do think
we are going to land one of sharma or mcduffie. then lets actually see what he can do as a coach in our system instead of being so down on
everything. addazio turned out to be great for us, under the radar guy, who can recruit and has the kids play hard, lets hope that christian

I liked addazio. I'm kind of neutral on Christian, but he's less than impressive so far and not recruiting Falzon was stupid.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:20 am

cremins {l Wrote}:all of the guys on here that were complaining about addazzio are the same ones complaining about christiain. yes i was not thrilled by the hire

Sorry try again, I was on board early on with Addazio as per Orange's thread.

Let me ask again, what has he done as a head coach to merit any inkling of excitement? Diallo? BFD, Donahue got Anderson and Hanlon didn't help much. We have seen what he can do as a coach, take other coaches' good teams in the MAC and maintained some level of success and then astounded the college basketball ranks by going .500 at TCU. He was a shit hire and most likely will do no better than a tournament appearance here and there. Yip-fucking-yee
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:26 am

I didn't like adazzio and Christian. jury's still out on adazzio in my mind. like what ive seen so far though.

but before you call me always being wrong, I was also very down on spaz and Donahue. we've earned the right as bc fans to be cynical when it comes to head coaching hires.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:29 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I liked addazio. I'm kind of neutral on Christian, but he's less than impressive so far and not recruiting Falzon was stupid.

Falzon would have been a good one. His father is cubby bear crazy. It would have brought some excitement to the fan base. :chewbanka :elephant
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum