recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:05 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I feel like everyone in this thread is beating off, but for a bunch of different reasons.

Shit you gotta have a reason to beat off now?

Thanks, Obama.

HJS is beating off because he was so fucking right again.

Roonie is trying to beat off but it's like to trying to pick up a single ramen noodle with chopsticks.

Hansen is beating off to alternating pics of bleached blond bolt ons and assorted ghey dudes sucking their own meat (cause he'll click on ANY link)

Teddy is beating off to La isla Bonita on repeat on his disc man.

I'm guessing TRE doesn't beat off.

Nospace can't find it and is too PROUD to ask for help.

I need another glass of cab...

this is a good post. you should feel proud of yourself.

now TRE is jerking off other posters. This place is gross.

this post is bad and you should feel bad. not just for this post but for supporting Donahue for 3.5 years
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby sweetriverbaines on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 am

2015 St. Anthony/Sports U F Markis McDuffie @TheRealMcDuff_ won't visit SMU this weekend as originally planned, he tells @SNYtv

BC's chances just improved...The staff has done a good job making it known that Mcduffie is their guy.
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby sparky on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:those who i know on the board know this, and now time has elapsed so i dont really care as before where i didnt wanna blow it...but a certain coach 312 miles to the south had his bags packed to come up here and we didnt pony up the money (amist a couple other minor issues as well)

Honestly, if that is true and they didnt pony up, it would go down as one of the stupidest things BC ever did and there was a lot.

I am sure if you went to certain donors and asked them, they could have made it happen. I would have earmarked my entire donation for Basketball instead of football or hockey, the way it is now just to get him.

For the record, my continued prediction that he was coming here during the process was completely intended just to fuck with everyone. It accidentally turned out to have legs. Short, stumpy ones, but legs nonetheless.

Haha I like to imagine Bates catching wind of the board suggesting Jay Wright was on the way and then storming around the office demanding to know who the leak was. I'm not thrilled with who we got, but on the flip side I don't think the flex pack options would have been so awesome (I scored Louisville, Providence, Pitt, and Virginia) if there was a lot of excitement surrounding the program. Silver linings.
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby NJM89 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:19 am

Im going to guess Mcduffie will end up being an eagle. Cancelling a visit a day after the BC coaches came in to visit him is encouraging. If we somehow land him JC will be off to a great start for the future.

PG Robinson
SG Milon
SF Turner
PF Mcduffie
C Diallo
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:35 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:this post is bad and you should feel bad. not just for this post but for supporting Donahue for 3.5 years

I regret nothing. You'll all see when Clifford plays all 40 games this season.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:46 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:this post is bad and you should feel bad. not just for this post but for supporting Donahue for 3.5 years

I regret nothing. You'll all see when Clifford plays all 40 games this season.

You're on, you're on
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:I agree with the Donahue firing and I agree with the JC hiring being a little less than what we may have wanted, but nobody else wants to coach here... give the guy more than six months before you start calling this a bad hire.

Huh? Do you please have a link to support this claim?

Without answering directly, a typical BC coaching search on this message board goes like this:

1) Mo'J makes a list that reads like its tailored to BC and has some kind of basis in reality but it does not. Usually looks something like: Smart, Pearl, Marshall, young Pitino, Few, Red Auerbach. For some reason this is accepted each time as reality and sets a stupid expectation.

2) MaroonN'Gloid pastes his stupid NEC comment for the 20,000th time.

3) Everyone wishes that MaroonN'Gloid blood pressure would finally reach stroke level. It doesn't for some reason.

4) Vinny photoshops candidates on Mo'Js list poorly, killing any chance of them considering BC.s

5) The actual list of candidates emerges. It is as dissimilar Mo'Js list as TRE to one of his brothers.

6) Everyone latches on to a candidate on the new list. Not the same candidate necessarily.

7) BC hires somebody else. Everyone hates the candidate.

8) Mental gymnastics - steal underpants.

9) ??

10) Profit

----------------------------------

Now that you've proved that you are big on the snide, let's test your proficiency on substance:

In what conference do YOU say we would be competitive?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:12 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

Now that you've proved that you are big on the snide, let's test your proficiency on substance:

I'm content being big on the snide, but I'm also good at things like reading and remembering more than 4 years into the past. In any case, I'll let Louis Hinnant answer for me:

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:28 am

that whole process was way above bates' head. not as in he was incapable. people above him at bc were the ones working on it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:that whole process was way above bates' head. not as in he was incapable. people above him at bc were the ones working on it.

Obviously wrong, Mo'J said he heard Bates screwed up the process.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:25 am

sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:2015 St. Anthony/Sports U F Markis McDuffie @TheRealMcDuff_ won't visit SMU this weekend as originally planned, he tells @SNYtv

BC's chances just improved...The staff has done a good job making it known that Mcduffie is their guy.

I'd like to congratulate Shaka Smart and VCU in advance for landing a perfect player for their system.

In all seriousness, If Christian lands him and can vulture another Top 150 kid for 2015 (coaching change, etc.) this would be a good class.

He also needs to find a PG. We literally have no one to play there next year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:43 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'd like to congratulate Shaka Smart and VCU in advance for landing a perfect player for their system.

Agreed, why would McDuffie pick BC over VCU given the circumstances?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby sweetriverbaines on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:43 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:2015 St. Anthony/Sports U F Markis McDuffie @TheRealMcDuff_ won't visit SMU this weekend as originally planned, he tells @SNYtv

I'd like to congratulate Shaka Smart and VCU in advance for landing a perfect player for their system.

In all seriousness, If Christian lands him and can vulture another Top 150 kid for 2015 (coaching change, etc.) this would be a good class.

He also needs to find a PG. We literally have no one to play there next year.

They'll be warm bodies via 5th year seniors...If BC somehow lands McDuffie they can focus on their future backcourt in the '16 class. UConn has won 2 titles in the past 4 years with great defense and excellent guard play...
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:47 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'd like to congratulate Shaka Smart and VCU in advance for landing a perfect player for their system.

Agreed, why would McDuffie pick BC over VCU given the circumstances?

Eh, VCU is a better program than BC but the ACC is the ACC.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/colleges.cgi?college=vcu
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:10 pm

There's a case to be made for BC over VCU.

-Best conference in the country, better competition, more exposure
-Immediate starter
-Better academics
-Boston possibly more appealing than Richmond, depending on your taste
-BC has had more NBA players in recent years
-Nicer campus? No idea what VCU's campus looks like

Whether McDuffie buys what we're selling is unknown, but we have a reasonable pitch.
:screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:There's a case to be made for BC over VCU.

-Best conference in the country, better competition, more exposure
-Immediate starter
-Better academics
-Boston possibly more appealing than Richmond, depending on your taste
-BC has had more NBA players in recent years
-Nicer campus? No idea what VCU's campus looks like

Whether McDuffie buys what we're selling is unknown, but we have a reasonable pitch.
:screamyeagle

All of your bullet points are true (I can CONFIRM that BC has a much nicer campus), but collectively I still don't know if they outweigh Shaka Smart.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:38 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

I'm content being big on the snide, but I'm also good at things like reading and remembering more than 4 years into the past. In any case, I'll let Louis Hinnant answer for me:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sad .son, that you have a big mouth but no answer when challenged .

Do you have NO conference in which you believe BC could be competitive?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Im going to guess Mcduffie will end up being an eagle. Cancelling a visit a day after the BC coaches came in to visit him is encouraging. If we somehow land him JC will be off to a great start for the future.

PG Robinson
SG Milon
SF Turner
PF Mcduffie
C Diallo

This isn't making me feel real warm and fuzzy about this program. I hope we play Wisconsin level defense because that team would score about 40 points per game
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:36 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sad .son, that you have a big mouth but no answer when challenged .

Do you have NO conference in which you believe BC could be competitive?

Is the answer the Jim O'Brien conference?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCHerbert on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Im going to guess Mcduffie will end up being an eagle. Cancelling a visit a day after the BC coaches came in to visit him is encouraging. If we somehow land him JC will be off to a great start for the future.

PG Robinson
SG Milon
SF Turner
PF Mcduffie
C Diallo

This isn't making me feel real warm and fuzzy about this program. I hope we play Wisconsin level defense because that team would score about 40 points per game

Stop whining like a little bloody baby maker for a few minutes.....

Markis McDuffie unofficially visited VCU this past week and earned himself an offer. McDuffie is a 6-6, 175 pound small forward. He not only has the defensive qualities that Coach Smart scouts, he also has strong offensive skills. McDuffie can shoot from inside and outside the arc as he accurately sinks threes and field goal shots regularly.

Matt Milon

Oviedo Head Coach Ed Kershner has won over 800 games, captured two state titles, and has been inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. So when he talks about rising senior and four year starter Matt Milon, it is wise to pay attention.

“Matt is the best shooter I have ever coached”, stated Kershner. “Last year he averaged over 18 points a game in leading us to the state title. He’s more than just a guy that stands in the corner and waits for kick-outs. He is our hardest worker and leads by example. I’m hoping as a senior he will be more vocal in his leadership.”

Jerome Robinson, 2015, 6’4”, SG (Broughton HS)

Big time scoring wing guard. Capable of scoring in bunches from pull-ups, set 3’s, and drives to the rim. Creates space well. Good shooter with solid mechanics. Capable of hitting tough shots. Defends too.

AJ Turner

Turner was on fire at the Spiece Memorial Run-n-Slam in Fort Wayne, IN over the weekend. The 6-foot-6 guard is still skinny, but he’s playing more aggressively – both with the ball and on the glass – and most importantly he shot the lights out. We watched Turner score 30 points, including five made threes, in a close win over Chicago-based Mac Irvin Fire, but he maintained his torrid scoring pace through the weekend.

6'6" 2015 shooting guard AJ Turner (New Hampton Prep, NH./Dorian's Pride 17u) Lanky and athletic guard who can score in a variety of ways as well as man the point to create for teammates, shoots it well from the perimeter and mid-range, form shooter, ok defender, transferred to New Hampton Prep and reclassified after his junior year at Warren De La Salle HS (MI.).
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby lobstalova on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:06 am

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

PG Robinson
SG Milon
SF Turner
PF Mcduffie
C Diallo

Stop whining like a little bloody baby maker for a few minutes.....

Markis McDuffie unofficially visited VCU this past week and earned himself an offer. McDuffie is a 6-6, 175 pound small forward. He not only has the defensive qualities that Coach Smart scouts, he also has strong offensive skills. McDuffie can shoot from inside and outside the arc as he accurately sinks threes and field goal shots regularly.

Matt Milon

Oviedo Head Coach Ed Kershner has won over 800 games, captured two state titles, and has been inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame. So when he talks about rising senior and four year starter Matt Milon, it is wise to pay attention.

“Matt is the best shooter I have ever coached”, stated Kershner. “Last year he averaged over 18 points a game in leading us to the state title. He’s more than just a guy that stands in the corner and waits for kick-outs. He is our hardest worker and leads by example. I’m hoping as a senior he will be more vocal in his leadership.”

Jerome Robinson, 2015, 6’4”, SG (Broughton HS)

Big time scoring wing guard. Capable of scoring in bunches from pull-ups, set 3’s, and drives to the rim. Creates space well. Good shooter with solid mechanics. Capable of hitting tough shots. Defends too.

AJ Turner

Turner was on fire at the Spiece Memorial Run-n-Slam in Fort Wayne, IN over the weekend. The 6-foot-6 guard is still skinny, but he’s playing more aggressively – both with the ball and on the glass – and most importantly he shot the lights out. We watched Turner score 30 points, including five made threes, in a close win over Chicago-based Mac Irvin Fire, but he maintained his torrid scoring pace through the weekend.

6'6" 2015 shooting guard AJ Turner (New Hampton Prep, NH./Dorian's Pride 17u) Lanky and athletic guard who can score in a variety of ways as well as man the point to create for teammates, shoots it well from the perimeter and mid-range, form shooter, ok defender, transferred to New Hampton Prep and reclassified after his junior year at Warren De La Salle HS (MI.).

Knowing full and well that you can pick and choose things to show about the incoming players this makes me happy.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

PG Robinson
SG Milon
SF Turner
PF Mcduffie
C Diallo

Yeah you are right. A team of 5 players would probably only score 40 points a game. Luckily you are allowed to have 15 on each team.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby Primetime on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

PG Robinson
SG Milon
SF Turner
PF Mcduffie
C Diallo

Right. Because everybody knows that your starting lineup has to consist of guys from a single recruiting class. Let's say Olivier leaves after this year. They still have Magarity and Owens, Clifford and Hicks pending injury, and any 5th years that they bring in.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:06 am

Primetime {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

PG Robinson
SG Milon
SF Turner
PF Mcduffie
C Diallo

Right. Because everybody knows that your starting lineup has to consist of guys from a single recruiting class. Let's say Olivier leaves after this year. They still have Magarity and Owens, Clifford and Hicks pending injury, and any 5th years that they bring in.

Never said anything about this being the starting lineup, was just pointing out the fact that we would have a good player at each position for Christian's first five recruits. PG is still a huge need for next year with or without Hanlan.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:29 am

Should be clear by now:

What we need to restore the program"

GDF as morale coach

Board of Trustees as assistant coaches.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby Thornton Melon on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:21 am

Wow, McDuffie to Wichita St.

Can't be impressed with this start.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:27 am

lolololol

get fucked christian
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:28 am

Wichita State? Ouch.

Can't wait to "load up" on a few more 5th years.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:31 am

Quick, someone tell me the story again about how the guys we have committed now are underrated and that they'll all be NBA caliber players and turn the program around because Christian isn't actually grossly unqualified to be an ACC head coach....
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:40 am

Wait, are you telling me a MAC coach that has never won an NCAA Tourney game is having trouble closing out elite recruits?!?!? When will BC finally learn that you get what you pay for.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum