recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:52 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:After all these years we finally get some news from Houston. Offer out to Kerwin Roach.

2015 G Kerwin Roach (6'4", 180, Houston North Shore) was apparently a sleeper until this past month, when he exploded from under the blankets with an eye-opening performance in Las Vegas. Now BC is part of an offer list that's grown like Jack's beanstalk in the last couple of weeks. Roach noticed BC's offer enough to describe himself as "shocked" by it, so maybe he'll give BC a serious look.

Donovan Mitchell, of course, attracted a healthy offer list early on, but his performance in Las Vegas stirred up a new wave of interest from elite programs - he may have moved from **** to ***** status. Mitchell's latest published remarks appear to indicate that BC is still in the mix, but he's due to release a shorter recruiting list this weekend, so we'll see whether he was just being polite.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:49 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:...he exploded from under the blankets with an eye-opening performance ...

i've seen a lot of gay shit typed on this website but this may qualify as the gayest recruiting based description yet
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:53 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:...he exploded from under the blankets with an eye-opening performance ...

i've seen a lot of gay shit typed on this website but this may qualify as the gayest recruiting based description yet

Really?

RedW3irdO67 {l Wrote}:Now BC is part of an offer list that's grown like Jack's beanstalk in the last couple of weeks
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Really?

RedW3irdO67 {l Wrote}:Now BC is part of an offer list that's grown like Jack's beanstalk in the last couple of weeks

eye-opening explosions under blankets are clearly gayer than beanstalk growth
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 am

Class of 2015 fast rising guard prospect Donovan Mitchell told me today that he plans on releasing a top 8-10 schools by this weekend. The 6-3 Guard with a high motor has seen his stock rise all summer due to his elite play on the summer circuit.

Donovan Mitchell likes what the Eagles have to offer.
Mitchell also told me that he has set an unofficial visit to Villanova and also an official visit to Louisville is in his plans. Evan Daniels of Scout.com also reported this morning that in addition to Villanova and Louisville visits, Mitchell could possibly visit Indiana and Florida State as well.

"I like Boston College a lot," Mitchell stated. He also said that Boston College is an intruiging school for him becasue of their stellar academics and high level of athletics. "I feel like I could go in and play and help out right away," when speaking about if he were to attend Boston College and play for Jim Christian.

He said that he has heard from most of the Boston College staff in the recruiting process, but he mainly speaks with Head Coach Jim Christian and assiatant Billy Wuczynski. Since Christian and his staffs arrival, they have yet to miss a game that Mitchell has played in this summer. Mitchell seems to be a top priority for the Eagles.
Mitchell is a player that can get to the basket when he wants and can finish when he gets there. He is also a leader on the floor and takes pride in being the guy that can keep his players calm, cool and collected through the ups and downs of a game. "I like to make sure my teammates up and playing level headed at all times,' he told me.

I believe that Mitchell sets his game aprt from many others on the defensive side. Mitchell posses extremely large hands and long arms. Creating a nightmare for passing lanes and shot attempts for his matchup. He plays with an intense desire on defense to go along with his high motor makes him a very valuable piece to his team. Pair that with his on the court vision, the ability to create, finish and his improved jump shot, you can be looking at a kid who might not have to go to college long.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:28 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Really?

Gayer than eye-opening explosions under blankets as a result of beanstalk growth?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:30 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Really?

Gayer than eye-opening explosions under blankets as a result of beanstalk growth?

it would be tough to have eye-opening explosions under blankets without beanstalk growth
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Really?

it would be tough to have eye-opening explosions under blankets without beanstalk growth

Not if you have fluid hips. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:24 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Really?

Not if you have fluid hips. :shrug

It's quite remarkable how people manage to splatter their psychological obsessions all over this website. Perhaps it might be useful at this juncture to point out that even Freud (who more or less invented this line of inquiry) offered the observation, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." (Of course, as a heavy cigar smoker, he might have been letting his own self-interest or prejudice sneak into the discourse.)

NJM89 {l Wrote}:247

Class of 2015 fast rising guard prospect Donovan Mitchell told me today that he plans on releasing a top 8-10 schools by this weekend. The 6-3 Guard with a high motor has seen his stock rise all summer due to his elite play on the summer circuit.

Donovan Mitchell likes what the Eagles have to offer.
Mitchell also told me that he has set an unofficial visit to Villanova and also an official visit to Louisville is in his plans. Evan Daniels of Scout.com also reported this morning that in addition to Villanova and Louisville visits, Mitchell could possibly visit Indiana and Florida State as well.

"I like Boston College a lot," Mitchell stated. He also said that Boston College is an intruiging school for him becasue of their stellar academics and high level of athletics. "I feel like I could go in and play and help out right away," when speaking about if he were to attend Boston College and play for Jim Christian.

He said that he has heard from most of the Boston College staff in the recruiting process, but he mainly speaks with Head Coach Jim Christian and assiatant Billy Wuczynski. Since Christian and his staffs arrival, they have yet to miss a game that Mitchell has played in this summer. Mitchell seems to be a top priority for the Eagles.
Mitchell is a player that can get to the basket when he wants and can finish when he gets there. He is also a leader on the floor and takes pride in being the guy that can keep his players calm, cool and collected through the ups and downs of a game. "I like to make sure my teammates up and playing level headed at all times,' he told me.

I believe that Mitchell sets his game aprt from many others on the defensive side. Mitchell posses extremely large hands and long arms. Creating a nightmare for passing lanes and shot attempts for his matchup. He plays with an intense desire on defense to go along with his high motor makes him a very valuable piece to his team. Pair that with his on the court vision, the ability to create, finish and his improved jump shot, you can be looking at a kid who might not have to go to college long.

This is the article on Mitchell I was referring to. Donahue originally offered Mitchell just before Christmas 2012, so BC has been after him for a long time; it appears that Christian & Co. decided to double down on Mitchell and make him a major priority. The major problem from BC's perspective, in my opinion, is that when a player like Mitchell begins to rise into ***** territory he also begins to look like a possible one-and-done (as the article suggests), and then he obviously starts to smell the early NBA money, which clearly favors the elite programs (e.g., Louisville) who are established brokers in this line of business. Mitchell's reduced list should give a read on whether this dynamic has taken over.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:55 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
It's quite remarkable how people manage to splatter their psychological obsessions all over this website

oh come on pun not intended
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:02 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
It's quite remarkable how people manage to splatter their psychological obsessions all over this website

oh come on pun not intended

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:32 pm

RedW3ird067 has some pretty colorful metaphors and similes. He's a pulsating fountain of verbosity.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:RedW3ird067 has some pretty colorful metaphors and similes. He's a pulsating fountain of verbosity.

he's a cunning linguist
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Blanket chasers
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:50 pm

The real weirdos in this thread are the ones who have the pathological need to turn everything into a penis joke, says this observer.

For your time, here's a whole lot of nothing from Terance Mann's "HoopDreamsMAg Diary"
http://hoopdreamsmag.com/?p=8702

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:59 pm

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:14 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Image

Probably, or why would we be posting on this board?
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Donovan Mitchell got offered by Kansas tonight. On to the next one.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:48 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Donovan Mitchell got offered by Kansas tonight. On to the next one.

Kansas coming on top of Louisville does appear to cement Mitchell's rise to ***** status, and one must agree he looks like a pretty unlikely get at this point.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:48 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Donovan Mitchell got offered by Kansas tonight. On to the next one.

Kansas coming on top of Louisville does appear to cement Mitchell's rise to ***** status, and one must agree he looks like a pretty unlikely get at this point.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:40 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

can you w3ird0z keep on top of this and let us know what place bc finishes? i've learned from yukon fans that this is an important stat when putting all your hope in players that will never attend your university (or, as in this case, college)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby joesim on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:15 am

joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:22 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

can you w3ird0z keep on top of this and let us know what place bc finishes? i've learned from yukon fans that this is an important stat when putting all your hope in players that will never attend your university (or, as in this case, college)

At least 10th
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:32 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 am

joesim {l Wrote}:We made Donovan Mitchell's top 10

https://twitter.com/undercoverfriar/sta ... 2253009921

It's encouraging to see that the staff's recruiting efforts with Mitchell haven't been entirely ineffectual (and that BC has outlasted, among others, UConn and Florida), although BC's chances of emerging the winner from that field still look very slim.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:Kansas coming on top of Louisville

you have be trolling tre right now....
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:32 am

ExpressionsEYBL‏@XEliteBasketbal·58 mins
2015 Aaron Falzon will take an unofficial visit to Boston College today @AaRonTheFirst35

General consensus on this one seems to be that it's down to us, Harvard, and Northwestern. Entirely possible he makes his visits in the next couple weeks and shortly thereafter makes his choice.

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:ExpressionsEYBL‏@XEliteBasketbal·58 mins
2015 Aaron Falzon will take an unofficial visit to Boston College today @AaRonTheFirst35

General consensus on this one seems to be that it's down to us, Harvard, and Northwestern. Entirely possible he makes his visits in the next couple weeks and shortly thereafter makes his choice.

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle

Those are the three schools Falzon himself is talking about, so that looks like his final list. This could be a defining moment for Christian & Co.; if they can't close the deal on a kid who lives 10 minutes' drive from the BC campus, whom BC has pursued steadily for two years, and whose alternatives are an Ivy league school and a classic conference doormat that's never gotten an NCAA bid, their recruiting credibility (which is what they're supposed to be about) will take a BIG hit from which it may not be easy to recover, because Falzon is about as perfect a specimen of the kind of kid they're being paid to get as you can find. ATLeagle was probably right about keeping the Terrell situation in perspective, but losing Falzon WOULD be legitimate cause for going ballistic. If they can't get him, who can they get?
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:20 pm

RedW3ird0, I'd suggest that they are already at rock bottom. This would just be par for the course.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum