Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:30 am

eepstein0 wrote:
Reynolds isn't Craig Smith.


good observation!
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 98

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby Brablc on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm

eepstein0 wrote:Severe would be fantastic. Donahue is watching him tonight. Visiting Bama on Feb 25-26.

Darius Thompson just backed off his Vandy commitment. Wonder if BC will get involved. 6'4 PG

Abu Malik received an offer from Florida today further confirming he isn't coming here


Confirming the Severe news from ESPN:

Christ the King (NY) guard Jon Severe announced that he’ll take his fifth and final official visit to Alabama (Feb. 25) and trim his list shortly after. That hasn’t stopped Boston College and West Virginia from continuing to give chase. BC head coach Steve Donahue and WV associate head coach Larry Harrison were both at Severe’s game on Wednesday.


Appears we'll have to get him up here on an unofficial.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:28 am
Karma: 41

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Don't know if this was already posted, but:
@AdamZagoria
2013 Christ the King SG Jon Severe no longer has Alabama on his list, source tells @SNYtv
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:56 pm
Karma: -36

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:04 pm

BCEaglesFan wrote:Don't know if this was already posted, but:
@AdamZagoria
2013 Christ the King SG Jon Severe no longer has Alabama on his list, source tells @SNYtv


We need to get him to take that last official to BC
User avatar
eepstein0
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12854
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -245

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby footer20 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:07 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
BCEaglesFan wrote:Don't know if this was already posted, but:
@AdamZagoria
2013 Christ the King SG Jon Severe no longer has Alabama on his list, source tells @SNYtv


We need to get him to take that last official to BC

rivals says he visited West Virginia yesterday. I'm assuming the last official is between us and Pitt.
User avatar
footer20
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:09 pm
Karma: 34

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 pm

footer20 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCEaglesFan wrote:Don't know if this was already posted, but:
@AdamZagoria
2013 Christ the King SG Jon Severe no longer has Alabama on his list, source tells @SNYtv


We need to get him to take that last official to BC

rivals says he visited West Virginia yesterday. I'm assuming the last official is between us and Pitt.


Could be wrong, but I think he visited West Virginia for his last official instead of Alabama. BC will probably get an unofficial though
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 2

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby footer20 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Shaddix wrote:
footer20 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCEaglesFan wrote:Don't know if this was already posted, but:
@AdamZagoria
2013 Christ the King SG Jon Severe no longer has Alabama on his list, source tells @SNYtv


We need to get him to take that last official to BC

rivals says he visited West Virginia yesterday. I'm assuming the last official is between us and Pitt.


Could be wrong, but I think he visited West Virginia for his last official instead of Alabama. BC will probably get an unofficial though

Your right. I just checked twitter. The West Virginia visit was official. He's already scheduled an unofficial at Pitt. We need to get him on campus.
User avatar
footer20
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:09 pm
Karma: 34

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 am

eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:He's a lot more like Smith than Odio. Except he's taller than Smith.


Thought Reynolds was a shot-blocking rebounder. Isn't that Odio?


Well the answer to your question is no. Your description of Reynolds seems very off from the tape I have seen. The comparison of Reynolds to Odio made me laugh out loud.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 25540
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1952

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:He's a lot more like Smith than Odio. Except he's taller than Smith.


Thought Reynolds was a shot-blocking rebounder. Isn't that Odio?


Well the answer to your question is no. Your description of Reynolds seems very off from the tape I have seen. The comparison of Reynolds to Odio made me laugh out loud.


have to agree. Odio is not a shot-blocking rebounder... he had no blocks and one rebound yesterday. yeah, he had an 11 rebound, 6 block game. Tyler Roche had two 30 point performances, but none of us were confusing him with JJ Redick. in your defense eepstein, Craig Smith was not a shot-blocker.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 98

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby footer20 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:He's a lot more like Smith than Odio. Except he's taller than Smith.


Thought Reynolds was a shot-blocking rebounder. Isn't that Odio?


Well the answer to your question is no. Your description of Reynolds seems very off from the tape I have seen. The comparison of Reynolds to Odio made me laugh out loud.


have to agree. Odio is not a shot-blocking rebounder... he had no blocks and one rebound yesterday. yeah, he had an 11 rebound, 6 block game. Tyler Roche had two 30 point performances, but none of us were confusing him with JJ Redick. in your defense eepstein, Craig Smith was not a shot-blocker.

So tw, I'll throw out a couple of exclusive shot-blocking rebounders and you let us know who he's most like...

-- A poor man's Tyrus Thomas
-- An undersized *** *******
-- An undersized Serge Ibaka
-- A poor man's Josh Smith
-- A NBA Michael Kidd-Ghilchrist
-- or just an Akida McLain
-- or your very own comparison
User avatar
footer20
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:09 pm
Karma: 34

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:He's a lot more like Smith than Odio. Except he's taller than Smith.


Thought Reynolds was a shot-blocking rebounder. Isn't that Odio?


Well the answer to your question is no. Your description of Reynolds seems very off from the tape I have seen. The comparison of Reynolds to Odio made me laugh out loud.


They're both athletic PFs. The film you watched on Reynolds is 2 years old, he's grown like 3 inches. I know you don't think much of Odio's skill ser, but they both have good ups. He looks nothing like Smith. He's taller, more athletic and a lot skinnier.
User avatar
eepstein0
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12854
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -245

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 pm

footer20 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:He's a lot more like Smith than Odio. Except he's taller than Smith.


Thought Reynolds was a shot-blocking rebounder. Isn't that Odio?


Well the answer to your question is no. Your description of Reynolds seems very off from the tape I have seen. The comparison of Reynolds to Odio made me laugh out loud.


have to agree. Odio is not a shot-blocking rebounder... he had no blocks and one rebound yesterday. yeah, he had an 11 rebound, 6 block game. Tyler Roche had two 30 point performances, but none of us were confusing him with JJ Redick. in your defense eepstein, Craig Smith was not a shot-blocker.

So tw, I'll throw out a couple of exclusive shot-blocking rebounders and you let us know who he's most like...

-- A poor man's Tyrus Thomas
-- An undersized *** *******
-- An undersized Serge Ibaka
-- A poor man's Josh Smith
-- A NBA Michael Kidd-Ghilchrist
-- or just an Akida McLain
-- or your very own comparison


Tyrelle Blair's feeling are hurt
User avatar
eepstein0
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12854
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -245

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm

footer20 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:
footer20 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCEaglesFan wrote:Don't know if this was already posted, but:
@AdamZagoria
2013 Christ the King SG Jon Severe no longer has Alabama on his list, source tells @SNYtv


We need to get him to take that last official to BC

rivals says he visited West Virginia yesterday. I'm assuming the last official is between us and Pitt.


Could be wrong, but I think he visited West Virginia for his last official instead of Alabama. BC will probably get an unofficial though

Your right. I just checked twitter. The West Virginia visit was official. He's already scheduled an unofficial at Pitt. We need to get him on campus.


The half empty arena and beat down WVU took couldnt have impressed Severe. Pitt is going to be tough to beat also.
User avatar
eepstein0
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12854
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -245

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby joeyfenn on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 pm

College Hoops ‏@Choops101
Darryl Hicks has received an offer from Boston College and will visit Chestnut Hill on March 22. He also picked up an offer from FIU.


2013 6'2" SG from Kentucky

Offers from Arizona, Indiana, Cincy, FIU, FSU, Western Kentucky but Western Kentucky is currently #1. I'm confused

Big deal that he is visiting us.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:05 pm
Karma: -31

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby Iggle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:04 am

joeyfenn wrote:
College Hoops ‏@Choops101
Darryl Hicks has received an offer from Boston College and will visit Chestnut Hill on March 22. He also picked up an offer from FIU.


2013 6'2" SG from Kentucky

Offers from Arizona, Indiana, Cincy, FIU, FSU, Western Kentucky but Western Kentucky is currently #1. I'm confused

Big deal that he is visiting us.


He's got a pretty nice list of offers. But I'm cynical on this recruiting process. I have a sinking feeling that we're going to get another 5th year flier and no one else.
zzz
Iggle
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Karma: 108

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:58 am

joeyfenn wrote:
College Hoops ‏@Choops101
Darryl Hicks has received an offer from Boston College and will visit Chestnut Hill on March 22. He also picked up an offer from FIU.


2013 6'2" SG from Kentucky

Offers from Arizona, Indiana, Cincy, FIU, FSU, Western Kentucky but Western Kentucky is currently #1. I'm confused

Big deal that he is visiting us.


Darryl Hicks actually got a BC offer last spring or even before, but it seems to have faded into the background and then sprung back to life as his recruiting has heated up late in the game. This hot-and-cold irregularity seems to be of a piece with Hicks' entire HS basketball career. He started out with a bangup freshman season at Shelby County Public HS (13.5 ppg, capped by a 30-point game in the state tournament), which created serious buzz in some circles (the Indiana offer dates from this period). He then sat out his sophomore year as a transfer at Trinity HS in Shelbyville (required by KHSAA rules). In his junior season at Trinity, his stock slumped somewhat (12.0 ppg), but he was a junior transfer on a team with 6 pretty good seniors, a team which in fact won the state championship last season. He was further set back by an early injury this season, but he's bounced back to play the final part of his HS career in a fashion more like his early days. Indiana is not a factor at this point -- they already have 6 scholarships committed for next season. Western Kentucky may be #1 mainly by default, seeing that Hicks' visit there in late October has been, it seems, his only official visit so far.

What is not in doubt is that Hicks would be a great get for BC. One sentence in a recruiting report jumped off the screen at me: "What makes Hicks a special player is how tough he is" (the motif of BC's 2013 recruiting as revealed by Garland Owens). Hicks is an outstanding scorer both from the arc and from midrange, and an effective defender at multiple positions, but what's distinctive about him is that his motor is running at full speed all the time (even in one tournament where he played four games in one day) and at both ends of the floor (the same recruiting report noted, "guards his tail off").

That BC has gotten an official visit commitment this late in the recruiting season from a player both exceptionally talented and (to quote that report again) "throwback tough" is a very large surprise, given the way recruiting has been going, and is also undoubtedly a very big deal. This is still a good ways short of closing on Hicks, of course, but BC getting him under the circumstances would be, if not quite the recruiting equivalent of barefaced theft, pretty damn close -- maybe a theft/miracle hybrid. I'm going to be very interested in how this odd story develops.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:55 pm
Karma: 48

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 am

WKU might not be his #1:
@SteveJones_CJ
Trinity's Darryl Hicks added recent offers from Boston College and FIU. Will visit BC on 3/22 and FIU at date TBD. Them, WKU top his list


His recruitment seems to really have died down since last year...said he had offers from Indiana, Arizona, etc. at one point. What happened? Injury maybe?

Recent highlights:
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:56 pm
Karma: -36

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby Shaddix on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:48 am

BCEaglesFan wrote:WKU might not be his #1:
@SteveJones_CJ
Trinity's Darryl Hicks added recent offers from Boston College and FIU. Will visit BC on 3/22 and FIU at date TBD. Them, WKU top his list


His recruitment seems to really have died down since last year...said he had offers from Indiana, Arizona, etc. at one point. What happened? Injury maybe?

Recent highlights:


He was a freshman sensation in high school. Those teams offered him real early (either freshman or sophomore year). Either way I love Darryl Hicks game and I actually think he will come to BC pending we are his biggest offer.
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 2

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 am

I hope we land some/all of these guys, but this feels like unfocused desperation to me.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1947
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 462

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:17 am

Shaddix wrote:He was a freshman sensation in high school. Those teams offered him real early (either freshman or sophomore year). Either way I love Darryl Hicks game and I actually think he will come to BC pending we are his biggest offer.


Image
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 6646
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 639

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 am

2001Eagle wrote:I hope we land some/all of these guys, but this feels like unfocused desperation to me.


what does?
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13817
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 1627

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:30 pm

commavegarage wrote:
Shaddix wrote:He was a freshman sensation in high school. Those teams offered him real early (either freshman or sophomore year). Either way I love Darryl Hicks game and I actually think he will come to BC pending we are his biggest offer.


Image


question - is that an action shot of the atm being filled?
al-Assad, Basher
al-Baghdadi, Abu Bakr
Ellis, Bob
Harper, Valerie
Hurt, John
Lange, Artie
Libous, Thomas
Odom, Lamar
Szeles, The Amazing Jonathan
Young, Malcom
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14786
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 4777

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:29 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:I hope we land some/all of these guys, but this feels like unfocused desperation to me.


what does?


getting involved late with various guards when it appears, based solely on the information gleaned from this board, that several of the targeted big men are fading from the picture.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1947
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 462

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 pm

2001Eagle wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:I hope we land some/all of these guys, but this feels like unfocused desperation to me.


what does?


getting involved late with various guards when it appears, based solely on the information gleaned from this board, that several of the targeted big men are fading from the picture.


The recruiting search for a guard stands on its own merits; we really need another guard to keep Hanlan and (especially) Rahon from playing too many minutes (= burnout, as we're discovering). The pursuit of Severe and Hicks has grabbed the headlines lately, but the hunt for a big continues in the background (and we don't know how it will turn out -- all of our target bigs still look very much up for grabs).
RedBaron67
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:55 pm
Karma: 48

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Did Don lose a recruiting battle to Iowa State for Georges Niang... or did he not offer him?
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12019
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: -48

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby BCHerbert on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Don never offered Niang. He wasn't a fit for the offense. Maybe Graham, Woody Harrelson, and Waheed can get off their asses and land a couple of athletic bigs.
User avatar
BCHerbert
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:03 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 am

I question whether Don realized/realizes the importance of actually having competent big men in the ACC (as opposed to what his system was able to get away with in the Ivies).

For instance, here is the first half of Garland Owens' team playing South Kent back in December. Owens doesn't get in until the 11:00 minute mark and is back on the bench around 6-minutes later. During that time, South Kent goes on a run. He comes back in at the 27:30 mark and exited at 32:30 (during which he showed excellent athleticism on an almost put-back but otherwise acted lost on offense hanging around the 3-point line and making some pretty terrible passes/decisions with the ball). What I got from this extremely limited sample is that Owens seems to be a very smooth above-average ACC athlete who has below average D1 skills and BB IQ. He reminds me of Odio when he was coming out of HS. I think it is safe to say that a kid who is strictly a second-teamer for his HS team (was like the 3rd sub in), will not be contributing significantly to our team next year (which should be on target for an NCAA bid in what is likely Don's make-or-break season). And, I think the only way he will ever become a starter for us is if he becomes a deadly outside shooter.

Conversely, I really, REALLY like Rashard Kelly's game. Again... limited sample... but, I liked his positioning, physicality, toughness and aggressiveness. I thought he was the second best player on the court (Frank Mason being the best).
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12019
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: -48

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby larrydoby on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 am

BCHerbert wrote:Don never offered Niang. He wasn't a fit for the offense. Maybe Graham, Woody Harrelson, and Waheed can get off their asses and land a couple of athletic bigs.

I read that a lot on this site. How can Niang not be a fit for Donahue's offense ? What's wrong with him?
larrydoby
n00b
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:40 am
Karma: -17

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:44 am

larrydoby wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:Don never offered Niang. He wasn't a fit for the offense. Maybe Graham, Woody Harrelson, and Waheed can get off their asses and land a couple of athletic bigs.

I read that a lot on this site. How can Niang not be a fit for Donahue's offense ? What's wrong with him?


I think the "non-fit" thing is stupid lazy analysis like 99% of this thread. The posters saying it are the one's who think Donahue wants face the basket bigs only (because IVY league!!) who rely on shooting as opposed to post moves to score even though neither Anderson nor Clifford (healthy) plays that way. Instead Niang was probably not a recruiting priority because the best recruit in the class that had just ended played the same position, neither is big enough to play center (although one now does) and 7 scholarships had just been allocated to said class that just ended.

He also was under the radar before ISU offered him (and then he signed almost immediately), with UMass, URI, Siena, Northeastern, George Mason, Hofstra, FAU and Delaware type offers. So it could have just been a miss.

Oh yeah, and he played for Papile at BABC.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13817
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 1627

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:56 am

HJS wrote:I question whether Don realized/realizes the importance of actually having competent big men in the ACC (as opposed to what his system was able to get away with in the Ivies).

For instance, here is the first half of Garland Owens' team playing South Kent back in December. Owens doesn't get in until the 11:00 minute mark and is back on the bench around 6-minutes later. During that time, South Kent goes on a run. He comes back in at the 27:30 mark and exited at 32:30 (during which he showed excellent athleticism on an almost put-back but otherwise acted lost on offense hanging around the 3-point line and making some pretty terrible passes/decisions with the ball). What I got from this extremely limited sample is that Owens seems to be a very smooth above-average ACC athlete who has below average D1 skills and BB IQ. He reminds me of Odio when he was coming out of HS. I think it is safe to say that a kid who is strictly a second-teamer for his HS team (was like the 3rd sub in), will not be contributing significantly to our team next year (which should be on target for an NCAA bid in what is likely Don's make-or-break season). And, I think the only way he will ever become a starter for us is if he becomes a deadly outside shooter.

Conversely, I really, REALLY like Rashard Kelly's game. Again... limited sample... but, I liked his positioning, physicality, toughness and aggressiveness. I thought he was the second best player on the court (Frank Mason being the best).


Just to be clear, Massanutten is not a high school team. It is a PG team that will likely have 7 BCS conference commits by the end of the year. Regardless, I really don't have great expectations for Owens next year outside of maybe some added defensive looks do to athleticism and help on boards. I'm hoping for slightly more immediate impact than Odio, in those kind of situations. He has been somewhat productive for Massanutten 12 pts/5 rbs as of December (can't find more recent, he lost his starting job in late october I think to Ahmad Fields (Utah Commit) who is a 3rd guard despite similar height with Frank Mason (Kansas Commit) and Deandre Burnett (Miami Commit). I think he was very productive for his actual high school Magruder when playing at that level, of which I am not clear as far as competitiveness.

He apparently has a finger injury that will require surgery after the season. I have no idea if that is why he lost his starting job at Massanutten.

He got his major college interest playing AAU.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13817
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 1627

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Untitled document
cron