BC @Tallahassee

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby shockdoct on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:02 pm

eagle9903 wrote:I'd rather anymore but Anderson take that last three.


Probably would have been odio if the don had not had him out there in a situation where they were going to foul anyways.
User avatar
shockdoct
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Karma: 299

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:03 pm

shockdoct wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
shockdoct wrote:This next few weeks are going to be an interesting stretch. I understand the disdain for seeing van nest and rubin, but even just a 5-7 min to let some of the main rotation players rest.

Rahon just looks sluggish today (frankly you can't blame him after playing 40 min every game this season).


I get the needs for bodies but why in the first ten minutes?


So you don't see them at all in the 2nd half?


I think we can do without Rubin at all. I consider van nest a necessary evil but only in appropriate situations that don't occur every game.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11751
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2278

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby BC923 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:03 pm

2 things:
I really, really wish Clifford was healthy. They might have 4 or 5 more wins this year if he was.
Too bad that was Anderson with the last shot, it was a good look.
Second Hottest Program in Newton!!!!!!
http://newton.patch.com/articles/new-se ... h-football
BC923
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2383
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 370

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 pm

shockdoct wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:I'd rather anymore but Anderson take that last three.


Probably would have been odio if the don had not had him out there in a situation where they were going to foul anyways.


Do you think that was drawn up?
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11751
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2278

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 pm

we'd better be winning these games next year.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 99

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby commavegarage on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:08 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:we'd better be winning these games next year.


can you or another one of the weirdos give us a roadmap to how to make this years tourney?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 281

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Too bad that shot didn't go. Oh well another moral victory

Overall, our guards inability to keep FSU out of the paint resulted in far too many easy baskets
User avatar
eepstein0
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9132
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: 122

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Eddie Odio has more than earned his scholarship, and if he develops a consistent three, wow.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 99

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:28 pm

commavegarage wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:we'd better be winning these games next year.


can you or another one of the weirdos give us a roadmap to how to make this years tourney?


I never said we'd make the tourney, so it'd be more appropriate for me to give you a roadmap to some local night classes so you can work on that reading comprehension. but, um, winning the ACC tournament might help.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 99

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Nice to improve to 3-4-5 in conf, 1 game out of .500 :cheer
User avatar
claver2010
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13158
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 1495

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby commavegarage on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:we'd better be winning these games next year.


can you or another one of the weirdos give us a roadmap to how to make this years tourney?


I never said we'd make the tourney, so it'd be more appropriate for me to give you a roadmap to some local night classes so you can work on that reading comprehension. but, um, winning the ACC tournament might help.


you really are in high school.

where in my post did i infer that you, or anyone, predicted that we would be making the tournament?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 281

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:03 pm

commavegarage wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:we'd better be winning these games next year.


can you or another one of the weirdos give us a roadmap to how to make this years tourney?


I never said we'd make the tourney, so it'd be more appropriate for me to give you a roadmap to some local night classes so you can work on that reading comprehension. but, um, winning the ACC tournament might help.


you really are in high school.

where in my post did i infer that you, or anyone, predicted that we would be making the tournament?


you inferred literally everywhere in your post. it was a sarcastic comment based on all the optimistic posts like that about how the team can make the NCAA's and NIT still. it was painfully obvious.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 99

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:20 pm

does this one count as a moral victory? FSU is a tough place to play.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 99

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:21 pm

BC should shut Clifford down, he needs to be 100% going into next year
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 0

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Shaddix wrote:BC should shut Clifford down, he needs to be 100% going into next year



Shoulda shut him down to start the year. Big mistake.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 325

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:30 pm

2001Eagle wrote:
Shaddix wrote:BC should shut Clifford down, he needs to be 100% going into next year



Shoulda shut him down to start the year. Big mistake.


I don't think the one flared up until the season had started. Also there are certainly knee injuries where waiting to do the scope and continued use doesnt matter. I have no idea out this is one but just saying.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11751
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2278

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby Brablc on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:31 pm

2001Eagle wrote:
Shaddix wrote:BC should shut Clifford down, he needs to be 100% going into next year



Shoulda shut him down to start the year. Big mistake.


Unfortunately, I don't think playing on it is an issue but it's a chronic condition. I bet they've talked to doctor's and their is little detriment to playing as rest won't necessarily help the injury. If there was, I agree 100% he should be shut down.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:28 am
Karma: 41

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby EagleDave on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:57 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:does this one count as a moral victory? FSU is a tough place to play.


They covered...as they almost always do. Moral victory achieved.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
User avatar
EagleDave
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3440
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:09 am
Location: Bridgewater, MA
Karma: 300

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:59 pm

claver2010 wrote:Nice to improve to 3-4-5 in conf, 1 game out of .500 :cheer


Moral victories were Miami, Duke, @MD, @FSU, NCST and @Wake. Did we not get credit for one of those?
User avatar
eepstein0
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9132
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: 122

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:Nice to improve to 3-4-5 in conf, 1 game out of .500 :cheer


Moral victories were Miami, Duke, @MD, @FSU, NCST and @Wake. Did we not get credit for one of those?


@ Wake not a moral victory, they're miserable. I think a team of HomoJS, 9903, yogurt man, Kirby Puckett & Swofford's negotiating skills could hang with them

We are an impressive 1-0-2 in last 3 though!
User avatar
claver2010
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13158
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 1495

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:20 pm

We are undefeated in moral victories.

But honestly they played well and have improved, I am generally pleased.
User avatar
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:05 pm
Karma: -31

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:33 pm

I'm calling the MD face plant @BC for Tuesday. Major letdown potential
User avatar
eepstein0
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9132
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: 122

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:27 am

eepstein0 wrote:I'm calling the MD face plant @BC for Tuesday. Major letdown potential


No question, 72 hours removed from their win of te season, 9:00 tip, conte morgue...all the ingredients
User avatar
claver2010
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13158
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 1495

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby talon on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:39 am

What number will be bigger?

    Points scored against Maryland
    Students in attendance
User avatar
talon
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2005
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:01 pm
Karma: 186

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:17 am

claver2010 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:I'm calling the MD face plant @BC for Tuesday. Major letdown potential


No question, 72 hours removed from their win of te season, 9:00 tip, conte morgue...all the ingredients


they may have players who fall asleep on the bench. the morgue is going to be in full effect tuesday.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 281

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:19 am

BCEagles25 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:we'd better be winning these games next year.


can you or another one of the weirdos give us a roadmap to how to make this years tourney?


I never said we'd make the tourney, so it'd be more appropriate for me to give you a roadmap to some local night classes so you can work on that reading comprehension. but, um, winning the ACC tournament might help.


you really are in high school.

where in my post did i infer that you, or anyone, predicted that we would be making the tournament?


you inferred literally everywhere in your post. it was a sarcastic comment based on all the optimistic posts like that about how the team can make the NCAA's and NIT still. it was painfully obvious.


inferring that at one point people said theres a chance that the team makes the tournament =/= saying you or anyone PREDICTED they would.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 281

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:06 pm

talon wrote:What number will be bigger?

    Points scored against Maryland
    Students in attendance


Points, by a long shot
User avatar
eepstein0
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9132
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: 122

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:06 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
talon wrote:What number will be bigger?

    Points scored against Maryland
    Students in attendance


Points, by a long shot


could very well be double.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 281

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:57 pm

clemson a mirror image of us:

up two possessions with two min to go at home against a top 5 team sunday 6 pm espnu timelslot, blow it, have a chance to tie it play at the rim no dice lose by two. now have 5 acc losses by less than 5 points.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 281

Re: BC @Tallahassee

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:06 pm

commavegarage wrote:clemson a mirror image of us:

up two possessions with two min to go at home against a top 5 team sunday 6 pm espnu timelslot, blow it, have a chance to tie it play at the rim no dice lose by two. now have 5 acc losses by less than 5 points.


I think the main difference (fortunately for us) might be that we're the team with some young talent, so we're eligible for moral victories. unless they are too. if that's the case, carry on.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 99

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Untitled document