Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:36 pm

claver2010 wrote:Image


I knew it!
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm gonna say it unless Daniels could have helped guard Jackson, which is unlikely to me, he doesn't help much in this one.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.
User avatar
MilitantEagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2373
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 1

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:51 am

Gonna watch this at some point tomorrow. From what it looks like this team can hang with the ACC, which isn't a strong as it traditionally is. Proud of this effort, it means only good things that we lead a Top 20 team at the half. If Lonnie Jackson ever decides to shoot well and if Heckmann decides to not turn it over, we can compete with anyone.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 93

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:33 am

Watched it last night and everyone put in their two cents so I will as well, I'll try to not :thehjs :thehjs and hit on new points

Positives
Anderson: Aggressive to the basket. Looks stronger with the ball, especially in the post.
Hanlan, but especially with Anderson in the pick and roll game. He looks more ACC ready than any other other player on this team as a FR outside of Anderson (shitty wording but you get the point). I really like his game, you h00ps weird0s were right.
Van Nest: Wasn't expecting him to provide this much
Odio: Will never be all conference but Donahue is right, he's made some strides

Negatives/Concerns:
Defensive rebounding. Still an issue. Especially with Clifford not as effective as he was at times last year (whether it's the knee or something else, I don't know)
I know Rahon came in as a shooter and he's probably working his way through it as a FR but he had 3 open looks when we were down 6 with 90 seconds to go -gotta make some of those.

Minutes:
This team has minimal depth. We're going to need some offensive production from beyond Anderson & Hanlan, especially cause Hanlan will probably hit a wall. Clifford concerns me.
I bet we see some Caudill today.
User avatar
claver2010
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13348
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 1559

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 am

BCEaglesFan wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Oh, and its the coach's fault he doesn't have another viable option at guard. Last I checked, one existed a few weeks ago, and was told he wouldn't play.



Hold on.

Did Donahue tell Daniels he wasn't going to start or wasn't going to play? Cause if it's the former I don't see how you blame Donahue.

I'll defer to the h00ps weird0s on what was said

Fact is Jordan is a only a PG. O Hanlan at the 3

Heckmann played well first game and in the first half of the this game, I still think he's an okay option.


Heckmann turned over yesterday's game. He doesn't play, and they might win. He is terrible. Touched the ball like 7 times yesterday, 5 of them turned into baskets the other way.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 am

MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:52 am

twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:54 am

twballgame9 wrote:
BCEaglesFan wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Oh, and its the coach's fault he doesn't have another viable option at guard. Last I checked, one existed a few weeks ago, and was told he wouldn't play.



Hold on.

Did Donahue tell Daniels he wasn't going to start or wasn't going to play? Cause if it's the former I don't see how you blame Donahue.

I'll defer to the h00ps weird0s on what was said

Fact is Jordan is a only a PG. O Hanlan at the 3

Heckmann played well first game and in the first half of the this game, I still think he's an okay option.


Heckmann turned over yesterday's game. He doesn't play, and they might win. He is terrible. Touched the ball like 7 times yesterday, 5 of them turned into baskets the other way.


A day later, I still agree with the idea that Heckmann basically lost this game single handed. I might even go so far as to say that if his minutes had been split between Odio/Rubin/walkons it might have made the difference between w and l. That said, he did not play retardedly wild against FIU and actually started the early run, so maybe he will have some value at some point. I really hope so, it would make a huge difference.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby Shaddix on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 am

I actually haven't gotten a chance to watch the game yet (plan to in a little bit). But did Odio play/how did he do?
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:58 am

eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:59 am

Shaddix wrote:I actually haven't gotten a chance to watch the game yet (plan to in a little bit). But did Odio play/how did he do?


Solid. No complaints. He's not a very good player but he contributes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby Shaddix on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:01 am

twballgame9 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:I actually haven't gotten a chance to watch the game yet (plan to in a little bit). But did Odio play/how did he do?


Solid. No complaints. He's not a very good player but he contributes.


Not bad, heard good things about him this year, hopefully he cant start contributing for 5-10 min at SF until Heckmann figures his shit out
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:05 am

Shaddix wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:I actually haven't gotten a chance to watch the game yet (plan to in a little bit). But did Odio play/how did he do?


Solid. No complaints. He's not a very good player but he contributes.


Not bad, heard good things from him this year, hopefully he cant start contributing for 5-10 min at SF until Heckmann figures his shit out


Let's put it this way - I think if Odio gets Heckmann's minutes yesterday they win.

Odio is one of those guys every team needs - good athlete, hustles, tries hard. Hits the boards best he can, is actually a good post passer, and has the rare nice dunk. I have no complaints with his improvement, especially when I wasn't expecting much.

Heckmann has talent. He just can't dribble or pass. At times his decisions are lazy, at times they are just dumb. It's like he plays basketball with his head on backwards.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:09 am

twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby Shaddix on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:09 am

twballgame9 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:I actually haven't gotten a chance to watch the game yet (plan to in a little bit). But did Odio play/how did he do?


Solid. No complaints. He's not a very good player but he contributes.


Not bad, heard good things from him this year, hopefully he cant start contributing for 5-10 min at SF until Heckmann figures his shit out


Let's put it this way - I think if Odio gets Heckmann's minutes yesterday they win.

Odio is one of those guys every team needs - good athlete, hustles, tries hard. Hits the boards best he can, is actually a good post passer, and has the rare nice dunk. I have no complaints with his improvement, especially when I wasn't expecting much.

Heckmann has talent. He just can't dribble or pass. At times his decisions are lazy, at times they are just dumb. It's like he plays basketball with his head on backwards.


Agree with that, still think Heckmann just has mental issues against better teams (not sure why). I think he has the ability to pass and dribble well, but no one can explain his mental lapses. I'd like to see Eddie start today against Dayton and see what he can do. If he's not gelling by the end of the first half, just put Heckmann back in. Maybe it will send a message to Heckmann as well
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:15 am

eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:17 am

Shaddix wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:I actually haven't gotten a chance to watch the game yet (plan to in a little bit). But did Odio play/how did he do?


Solid. No complaints. He's not a very good player but he contributes.


Not bad, heard good things from him this year, hopefully he cant start contributing for 5-10 min at SF until Heckmann figures his shit out


Let's put it this way - I think if Odio gets Heckmann's minutes yesterday they win.

Odio is one of those guys every team needs - good athlete, hustles, tries hard. Hits the boards best he can, is actually a good post passer, and has the rare nice dunk. I have no complaints with his improvement, especially when I wasn't expecting much.

Heckmann has talent. He just can't dribble or pass. At times his decisions are lazy, at times they are just dumb. It's like he plays basketball with his head on backwards.


Agree with that, still think Heckmann just has mental issues against better teams (not sure why). I think he has the ability to pass and dribble well, but no one can explain his mental lapses. I'd like to see Eddie start today against Dayton and see what he can do. If he's not gelling by the end of the first half, just put Heckmann back in. Maybe it will send a message to Heckmann as well


Pretty sure BC is still starting 3 guards. Odio definitely played as much as Heckmann yesterday. He should get all of his minutes.

EDIT - looked at the box- Heckmann got 16 and Odio 8. That sucks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 am

twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,


Assuming the coach did something retarded - all the time - is an after effect of TOB/Spaz. You can look at the same exact situation, without being jaded by our football situation and always assuming the worst, and reduced playing time in scrimmages and over the course of the Spain trip could have done the exact same thing as the conversation you assumed happened. Do you think Donahue should have given Daniels equal PT? Knowing the Hanlan is a markedly better point guard?

I completely disagree that Daniels is the difference in w or l yesterday. That makes little sense to me.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 am

eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,


Assuming the coach did something retarded - all the time - is an after effect of TOB/Spaz. You can look at the same exact situation, without being jaded by our football situation and always assuming the worst, and reduced playing time in scrimmages and over the course of the Spain trip could have done the exact same thing as the conversation you assumed happened. Do you think Donahue should have given Daniels equal PT? Knowing the Hanlan is a markedly better point guard?

I completely disagree that Daniels is the difference in w or l yesterday. That makes little sense to me.


My opinion on this has nothing to do with football. And it has nothing to do with how much time he actually gave Daniels. It is what he told him. You tell him Hanlan is going to start (though I might have played both of them with Rahon, the way Jackson has been shooting). You don't tell him his minutes are going to be limited.

If Daniels were on the roster, Heckmann plays less and certainly not in that horrid stretch at the end where he spelled Hanlan. That's enough to win the game. Heckmann was -14 in like 50 key seconds of game time in each half.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 am

twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,


Assuming the coach did something retarded - all the time - is an after effect of TOB/Spaz. You can look at the same exact situation, without being jaded by our football situation and always assuming the worst, and reduced playing time in scrimmages and over the course of the Spain trip could have done the exact same thing as the conversation you assumed happened. Do you think Donahue should have given Daniels equal PT? Knowing the Hanlan is a markedly better point guard?

I completely disagree that Daniels is the difference in w or l yesterday. That makes little sense to me.


My opinion on this has nothing to do with football. And it has nothing to do with how much time he actually gave Daniels. It is what he told him. You tell him Hanlan is going to start (though I might have played both of them with Rahon, the way Jackson has been shooting). You don't tell him his minutes are going to be limited.

If Daniels were on the roster, Heckmann plays less and certainly not in that horrid stretch at the end where he spelled Hanlan. That's enough to win the game. Heckmann was -14 in like 50 key seconds of game time in each half.


You don't know that he told him his minutes would be limited. That is the assumption of which I speak. It is assuming the coach did something retarded without confirmation, in that I don't see how there is any less of a chance it was a writing on the wall situation. I don't know that the second is correct but it annoys me that we constantly create these narratives on the board, generally without much in the way of information.

As to the game at hand, as you just acknowledged in another post, if Odio played more and I'd even add if Rubin played more, you also reduce Heckmann's minutes. I don't see Daniels defending Jackson going very well. They're both short, but Jackson is a big dude. I don't think it would be a good match up. I'd almost suggest that Moton would have been more helpful in yesterdays game.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 am

eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,


Assuming the coach did something retarded - all the time - is an after effect of TOB/Spaz. You can look at the same exact situation, without being jaded by our football situation and always assuming the worst, and reduced playing time in scrimmages and over the course of the Spain trip could have done the exact same thing as the conversation you assumed happened. Do you think Donahue should have given Daniels equal PT? Knowing the Hanlan is a markedly better point guard?

I completely disagree that Daniels is the difference in w or l yesterday. That makes little sense to me.


My opinion on this has nothing to do with football. And it has nothing to do with how much time he actually gave Daniels. It is what he told him. You tell him Hanlan is going to start (though I might have played both of them with Rahon, the way Jackson has been shooting). You don't tell him his minutes are going to be limited.

If Daniels were on the roster, Heckmann plays less and certainly not in that horrid stretch at the end where he spelled Hanlan. That's enough to win the game. Heckmann was -14 in like 50 key seconds of game time in each half.


You don't know that he told him his minutes would be limited. That is the assumption of which I speak. It is assuming the coach did something retarded without confirmation, in that I don't see how there is any less of a chance it was a writing on the wall situation. I don't know that the second is correct but it annoys me that we constantly create these narratives on the board, generally without much in the way of information.

As to the game at hand, as you just acknowledged in another post, if Odio played more and I'd even add if Rubin played more, you also reduce Heckmann's minutes. I don't see Daniels defending Jackson going very well. They're both short, but Jackson is a big dude. I don't think it would be a good match up. I'd almost suggest that Moton would have been more helpful in yesterdays game.


You can continue to believe that is assumed and argue semantics to defend the Don on this. Daniels not being on the team will continue to hurt as it did yesterday. He's not on the team because his situation was handled poorly. And frankly these boards are all about narratives and you are certainly a crusader for eliminating all conversation without 7 sources, but let's just say that at least 2 people have already confirmed this for you, and I have heard it from other sources. I, myself, have no inside information on the situation, but I have heard enough, and given the Heslip situation, find the narrative substantially supported. Regardless, I'm not interested in proving anything to you to your beyond a reasonable doubt standard; it's a message board. If you don't like the confirmation you have received, ignore it.

Jackson destroyed everyone that covered him. Couldn't destroy Daniels any worse than he picked apart Hanlan and Rahon to the tune of 31 points. The point about Daniels is on the other end - if he is there, Heckmann doesn't become a primary handler of the rock, turn it over 5 times, and hand away a 14-0 run. Heckmann was the choice because Odio can't handle on the perimeter.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 am

twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,


Assuming the coach did something retarded - all the time - is an after effect of TOB/Spaz. You can look at the same exact situation, without being jaded by our football situation and always assuming the worst, and reduced playing time in scrimmages and over the course of the Spain trip could have done the exact same thing as the conversation you assumed happened. Do you think Donahue should have given Daniels equal PT? Knowing the Hanlan is a markedly better point guard?

I completely disagree that Daniels is the difference in w or l yesterday. That makes little sense to me.


My opinion on this has nothing to do with football. And it has nothing to do with how much time he actually gave Daniels. It is what he told him. You tell him Hanlan is going to start (though I might have played both of them with Rahon, the way Jackson has been shooting). You don't tell him his minutes are going to be limited.

If Daniels were on the roster, Heckmann plays less and certainly not in that horrid stretch at the end where he spelled Hanlan. That's enough to win the game. Heckmann was -14 in like 50 key seconds of game time in each half.


You don't know that he told him his minutes would be limited. That is the assumption of which I speak. It is assuming the coach did something retarded without confirmation, in that I don't see how there is any less of a chance it was a writing on the wall situation. I don't know that the second is correct but it annoys me that we constantly create these narratives on the board, generally without much in the way of information.

As to the game at hand, as you just acknowledged in another post, if Odio played more and I'd even add if Rubin played more, you also reduce Heckmann's minutes. I don't see Daniels defending Jackson going very well. They're both short, but Jackson is a big dude. I don't think it would be a good match up. I'd almost suggest that Moton would have been more helpful in yesterdays game.


You can continue to believe that is assumed and argue semantics to defend the Don on this. Daniels not being on the team will continue to hurt as it did yesterday. He's not on the team because his situation was handled poorly. And frankly these boards are all about narratives and you are certainly a crusader for eliminating all conversation without 7 sources, but let's just say that at least 2 people have already confirmed this for you, and I have heard it from other sources. I, myself, have no inside information on the situation, but I have heard enough, and given the Heslip situation, find the narrative substantially supported. Regardless, I'm not interested in proving anything to you to your beyond a reasonable doubt standard; it's a message board. If you don't like the confirmation you have received, ignore it.

Jackson destroyed everyone that covered him. Couldn't destroy Daniels any worse than he picked apart Hanlan and Rahon to the tune of 31 points. The point about Daniels is on the other end - if he is there, Heckmann doesn't become a primary handler of the rock, turn it over 5 times, and hand away a 14-0 run. Heckmann was the choice because Odio can't handle on the perimeter.


Let's review what has actually been "confirmed" or "substantially supported":

1st, everyone reading this knows that you clamored about Daniels being 1) better than Hanlan and 2) that he was going to be the starter and that everything you say going forward is an attempt to mitigate your 9000th conclusively and comically dead wrong prediction and/or analysis.

SJeagle09 -the reputable poster as far as I know who actually claimed to know something- says the team was pissed at Donahue for Daniels leaving. That could mean that Donahue told him he would get no minutes and hamfistedly drove him away. It could mean he just played less and saw a continuing downward trend coming just as easily. It could be the continued recruitment of additional point guards. It could be sophomores (the majority of the team) were mad because a friend was replaced by a younger player. There is nothing about this in and of itself to conclude the Donahue is a retarded handler of personnel argument.

HJS - likely repeating SJeagle09 but making it seem like he knew something and I challenge you to pretend he doesn't do this constantly, added his own conclusory edge to the story. I consider this to be a zero value add in this particular conversation.

The Heslip situation: the Skinner ball washers came out in force to try to paint a picture with this one. The kid's -let's just say overly intrusive dad- spouted a bunch of shit, which was the functional equivalent of my son was disrespected by the coach. I don't understand how just because you draw the same conclusion without basis twice, it makes it any more valid this time.

no confirmation has been received.
Daniels leaving
TWB I heart Daniels Agenda
+ HJS addicted to misery Agenda
____________________________
Donahue killed Daniel's dog in front of him, then pissed on its body, while screaming maniacally that he would never play a minute for the Boston College basketball team = fact
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby joemack13 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 am

Is Caudill so bad that he doesn't get a minute despite us having no depth whatsoever?
joemack13
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 am
Karma: 127

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:16 am

The Caudill zero minutes thing is interesting, but I bet we see him today
User avatar
claver2010
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13348
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 1559

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:18 am

eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,


Assuming the coach did something retarded - all the time - is an after effect of TOB/Spaz. You can look at the same exact situation, without being jaded by our football situation and always assuming the worst, and reduced playing time in scrimmages and over the course of the Spain trip could have done the exact same thing as the conversation you assumed happened. Do you think Donahue should have given Daniels equal PT? Knowing the Hanlan is a markedly better point guard?

I completely disagree that Daniels is the difference in w or l yesterday. That makes little sense to me.


My opinion on this has nothing to do with football. And it has nothing to do with how much time he actually gave Daniels. It is what he told him. You tell him Hanlan is going to start (though I might have played both of them with Rahon, the way Jackson has been shooting). You don't tell him his minutes are going to be limited.

If Daniels were on the roster, Heckmann plays less and certainly not in that horrid stretch at the end where he spelled Hanlan. That's enough to win the game. Heckmann was -14 in like 50 key seconds of game time in each half.


You don't know that he told him his minutes would be limited. That is the assumption of which I speak. It is assuming the coach did something retarded without confirmation, in that I don't see how there is any less of a chance it was a writing on the wall situation. I don't know that the second is correct but it annoys me that we constantly create these narratives on the board, generally without much in the way of information.

As to the game at hand, as you just acknowledged in another post, if Odio played more and I'd even add if Rubin played more, you also reduce Heckmann's minutes. I don't see Daniels defending Jackson going very well. They're both short, but Jackson is a big dude. I don't think it would be a good match up. I'd almost suggest that Moton would have been more helpful in yesterdays game.


You can continue to believe that is assumed and argue semantics to defend the Don on this. Daniels not being on the team will continue to hurt as it did yesterday. He's not on the team because his situation was handled poorly. And frankly these boards are all about narratives and you are certainly a crusader for eliminating all conversation without 7 sources, but let's just say that at least 2 people have already confirmed this for you, and I have heard it from other sources. I, myself, have no inside information on the situation, but I have heard enough, and given the Heslip situation, find the narrative substantially supported. Regardless, I'm not interested in proving anything to you to your beyond a reasonable doubt standard; it's a message board. If you don't like the confirmation you have received, ignore it.

Jackson destroyed everyone that covered him. Couldn't destroy Daniels any worse than he picked apart Hanlan and Rahon to the tune of 31 points. The point about Daniels is on the other end - if he is there, Heckmann doesn't become a primary handler of the rock, turn it over 5 times, and hand away a 14-0 run. Heckmann was the choice because Odio can't handle on the perimeter.


Let's review what has actually been "confirmed" or "substantially supported":

1st, everyone reading this knows that you clamored about Daniels being 1) better than Hanlan and 2) that he was going to be the starter and that everything you say going forward is an attempt to mitigate your 9000th conclusively and comically dead wrong prediction and/or analysis.

SJeagle09 -the reputable poster as far as I know who actually claimed to know something- says the team was pissed at Donahue for Daniels leaving. That could mean that Donahue told him he would get no minutes and hamfistedly drove him away. It could mean he just played less and saw a continuing downward trend coming just as easily. It could be the continued recruitment of additional point guards. It could be sophomores (the majority of the team) were mad because a friend was replaced by a younger player. There is nothing about this in and of itself to conclude the Donahue is a retarded handler of personnel argument.

HJS - likely repeating SJeagle09 but making it seem like he knew something and I challenge you to pretend he doesn't do this constantly, added his own conclusory edge to the story. I consider this to be a zero value add in this particular conversation.

The Heslip situation: the Skinner ball washers came out in force to try to paint a picture with this one. The kid's -let's just say overly intrusive dad- spouted a bunch of shit, which was the functional equivalent of my son was disrespected by the coach. I don't understand how just because you draw the same conclusion without basis twice, it makes it any more valid this time.

no confirmation has been received.
Daniels leaving
TWB I heart Daniels Agenda
+ HJS addicted to misery Agenda
____________________________
Donahue killed Daniel's dog in front of him, then pissed on its body, while screaming maniacally that he would never play a minute for the Boston College basketball team = fact


What breed of dog? This is important. If it was one of those dogs that people carry around in a stylish bag, then I'm fine with that.

Edit: I misread. I thought he peed on his dog.
Last edited by vegasEagle on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
vegasEagle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Karma: 5

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 am

vegasEagle wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,


Assuming the coach did something retarded - all the time - is an after effect of TOB/Spaz. You can look at the same exact situation, without being jaded by our football situation and always assuming the worst, and reduced playing time in scrimmages and over the course of the Spain trip could have done the exact same thing as the conversation you assumed happened. Do you think Donahue should have given Daniels equal PT? Knowing the Hanlan is a markedly better point guard?

I completely disagree that Daniels is the difference in w or l yesterday. That makes little sense to me.


My opinion on this has nothing to do with football. And it has nothing to do with how much time he actually gave Daniels. It is what he told him. You tell him Hanlan is going to start (though I might have played both of them with Rahon, the way Jackson has been shooting). You don't tell him his minutes are going to be limited.

If Daniels were on the roster, Heckmann plays less and certainly not in that horrid stretch at the end where he spelled Hanlan. That's enough to win the game. Heckmann was -14 in like 50 key seconds of game time in each half.


You don't know that he told him his minutes would be limited. That is the assumption of which I speak. It is assuming the coach did something retarded without confirmation, in that I don't see how there is any less of a chance it was a writing on the wall situation. I don't know that the second is correct but it annoys me that we constantly create these narratives on the board, generally without much in the way of information.

As to the game at hand, as you just acknowledged in another post, if Odio played more and I'd even add if Rubin played more, you also reduce Heckmann's minutes. I don't see Daniels defending Jackson going very well. They're both short, but Jackson is a big dude. I don't think it would be a good match up. I'd almost suggest that Moton would have been more helpful in yesterdays game.


You can continue to believe that is assumed and argue semantics to defend the Don on this. Daniels not being on the team will continue to hurt as it did yesterday. He's not on the team because his situation was handled poorly. And frankly these boards are all about narratives and you are certainly a crusader for eliminating all conversation without 7 sources, but let's just say that at least 2 people have already confirmed this for you, and I have heard it from other sources. I, myself, have no inside information on the situation, but I have heard enough, and given the Heslip situation, find the narrative substantially supported. Regardless, I'm not interested in proving anything to you to your beyond a reasonable doubt standard; it's a message board. If you don't like the confirmation you have received, ignore it.

Jackson destroyed everyone that covered him. Couldn't destroy Daniels any worse than he picked apart Hanlan and Rahon to the tune of 31 points. The point about Daniels is on the other end - if he is there, Heckmann doesn't become a primary handler of the rock, turn it over 5 times, and hand away a 14-0 run. Heckmann was the choice because Odio can't handle on the perimeter.


Let's review what has actually been "confirmed" or "substantially supported":

1st, everyone reading this knows that you clamored about Daniels being 1) better than Hanlan and 2) that he was going to be the starter and that everything you say going forward is an attempt to mitigate your 9000th conclusively and comically dead wrong prediction and/or analysis.

SJeagle09 -the reputable poster as far as I know who actually claimed to know something- says the team was pissed at Donahue for Daniels leaving. That could mean that Donahue told him he would get no minutes and hamfistedly drove him away. It could mean he just played less and saw a continuing downward trend coming just as easily. It could be the continued recruitment of additional point guards. It could be sophomores (the majority of the team) were mad because a friend was replaced by a younger player. There is nothing about this in and of itself to conclude the Donahue is a retarded handler of personnel argument.

HJS - likely repeating SJeagle09 but making it seem like he knew something and I challenge you to pretend he doesn't do this constantly, added his own conclusory edge to the story. I consider this to be a zero value add in this particular conversation.

The Heslip situation: the Skinner ball washers came out in force to try to paint a picture with this one. The kid's -let's just say overly intrusive dad- spouted a bunch of shit, which was the functional equivalent of my son was disrespected by the coach. I don't understand how just because you draw the same conclusion without basis twice, it makes it any more valid this time.

no confirmation has been received.
Daniels leaving
TWB I heart Daniels Agenda
+ HJS addicted to misery Agenda
____________________________
Donahue killed Daniel's dog in front of him, then pissed on its body, while screaming maniacally that he would never play a minute for the Boston College basketball team = fact


What breed of dog? This is important. If it was one of those dogs that people carry around in a stylish bag, then I'm fine with that.


Are you Frank Spaziani?
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:20 am

eagle9903 wrote:
vegasEagle wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,


Assuming the coach did something retarded - all the time - is an after effect of TOB/Spaz. You can look at the same exact situation, without being jaded by our football situation and always assuming the worst, and reduced playing time in scrimmages and over the course of the Spain trip could have done the exact same thing as the conversation you assumed happened. Do you think Donahue should have given Daniels equal PT? Knowing the Hanlan is a markedly better point guard?

I completely disagree that Daniels is the difference in w or l yesterday. That makes little sense to me.


My opinion on this has nothing to do with football. And it has nothing to do with how much time he actually gave Daniels. It is what he told him. You tell him Hanlan is going to start (though I might have played both of them with Rahon, the way Jackson has been shooting). You don't tell him his minutes are going to be limited.

If Daniels were on the roster, Heckmann plays less and certainly not in that horrid stretch at the end where he spelled Hanlan. That's enough to win the game. Heckmann was -14 in like 50 key seconds of game time in each half.


You don't know that he told him his minutes would be limited. That is the assumption of which I speak. It is assuming the coach did something retarded without confirmation, in that I don't see how there is any less of a chance it was a writing on the wall situation. I don't know that the second is correct but it annoys me that we constantly create these narratives on the board, generally without much in the way of information.

As to the game at hand, as you just acknowledged in another post, if Odio played more and I'd even add if Rubin played more, you also reduce Heckmann's minutes. I don't see Daniels defending Jackson going very well. They're both short, but Jackson is a big dude. I don't think it would be a good match up. I'd almost suggest that Moton would have been more helpful in yesterdays game.


You can continue to believe that is assumed and argue semantics to defend the Don on this. Daniels not being on the team will continue to hurt as it did yesterday. He's not on the team because his situation was handled poorly. And frankly these boards are all about narratives and you are certainly a crusader for eliminating all conversation without 7 sources, but let's just say that at least 2 people have already confirmed this for you, and I have heard it from other sources. I, myself, have no inside information on the situation, but I have heard enough, and given the Heslip situation, find the narrative substantially supported. Regardless, I'm not interested in proving anything to you to your beyond a reasonable doubt standard; it's a message board. If you don't like the confirmation you have received, ignore it.

Jackson destroyed everyone that covered him. Couldn't destroy Daniels any worse than he picked apart Hanlan and Rahon to the tune of 31 points. The point about Daniels is on the other end - if he is there, Heckmann doesn't become a primary handler of the rock, turn it over 5 times, and hand away a 14-0 run. Heckmann was the choice because Odio can't handle on the perimeter.


Let's review what has actually been "confirmed" or "substantially supported":

1st, everyone reading this knows that you clamored about Daniels being 1) better than Hanlan and 2) that he was going to be the starter and that everything you say going forward is an attempt to mitigate your 9000th conclusively and comically dead wrong prediction and/or analysis.

SJeagle09 -the reputable poster as far as I know who actually claimed to know something- says the team was pissed at Donahue for Daniels leaving. That could mean that Donahue told him he would get no minutes and hamfistedly drove him away. It could mean he just played less and saw a continuing downward trend coming just as easily. It could be the continued recruitment of additional point guards. It could be sophomores (the majority of the team) were mad because a friend was replaced by a younger player. There is nothing about this in and of itself to conclude the Donahue is a retarded handler of personnel argument.

HJS - likely repeating SJeagle09 but making it seem like he knew something and I challenge you to pretend he doesn't do this constantly, added his own conclusory edge to the story. I consider this to be a zero value add in this particular conversation.

The Heslip situation: the Skinner ball washers came out in force to try to paint a picture with this one. The kid's -let's just say overly intrusive dad- spouted a bunch of shit, which was the functional equivalent of my son was disrespected by the coach. I don't understand how just because you draw the same conclusion without basis twice, it makes it any more valid this time.

no confirmation has been received.
Daniels leaving
TWB I heart Daniels Agenda
+ HJS addicted to misery Agenda
____________________________
Donahue killed Daniel's dog in front of him, then pissed on its body, while screaming maniacally that he would never play a minute for the Boston College basketball team = fact


What breed of dog? This is important. If it was one of those dogs that people carry around in a stylish bag, then I'm fine with that.


Are you Frank Spaziani?


I misread. I thought he peed on his dog.
User avatar
vegasEagle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Karma: 5

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:22 am

eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:Had to DVR this game because I was traveling for work so avoided EO. This thread was predictable with eepstein predicting we'll get blown out because Baylor has too many dreadlocks and tw giving Hanlan backhanded compliments. Hanlan is a great freshman point guard. Nothing more needs to be said. And the shitting on Heckmann was expected. We get it. He needs to play better or sit, but we don't have much depth. Overall, the team looks good.


My compliments for Hanlan were not backhanded. He's out of control at times but he is very, very good, against very strong competition. Still can't play 40 minutes a game.


He was out of control once or twice, it was certainly nothing like certain other freshman point guards who are no longer with the program in the second game of their careers (I have nothing against Daniels and wish he was still here, but this is true). He is especially good at getting to loose balls (no entendre), I don't know why this is, but watch for it he's like a magnet.


I don't know why people still erroneously assert that Daniels was out of control when they are proven wrong again and again. Averaged 2 turnovers a game as a freshman PG in the ACC.

There were more than a couple times that Hanlan went to the hoop where he probably should have pulled it out. It's far outweighed by the good things he brings to the table, but it can be a momentum killer. Considering that he is a freshman though, you have to be pleased with his play.

We've seen him two games now. He's clearly more talented than Daniels. Still don't think there was any reason to do what the Don did, and he paid for it yesterday. He should have told Heckmann he wasn't going to play.


Other than things written by homojs, which are usually around 60% reflective of what has actually occurred and 40 or greater percent reflective of a combination of furtherance of the GDF crusade or attempting to fit all BC athletics difficulties into the formula of "person in charge is incompetent or doesn't have the best interest of the program in mind = problem", why do you think Daniels left because of "what the Don did" again?


I think the Don told a player that he was going to play very little because he got all starry eyed over his new PG (what Don did) that caused said player to decide that since his coach decided already that he had no opportunity to earn more minutes, he was leaving.

You don't tell players they aren't going to play unless you want them to leave. You tell them they aren't going to start, but you don't disincentivize them 5 days before the season starts. It was stupid, cost his a backup PG (because I concede that Hanlan is a more talented player) and yesterday cost them a game because he had to go to Heckmann to give Hanlan a breather,


Assuming the coach did something retarded - all the time - is an after effect of TOB/Spaz. You can look at the same exact situation, without being jaded by our football situation and always assuming the worst, and reduced playing time in scrimmages and over the course of the Spain trip could have done the exact same thing as the conversation you assumed happened. Do you think Donahue should have given Daniels equal PT? Knowing the Hanlan is a markedly better point guard?

I completely disagree that Daniels is the difference in w or l yesterday. That makes little sense to me.


My opinion on this has nothing to do with football. And it has nothing to do with how much time he actually gave Daniels. It is what he told him. You tell him Hanlan is going to start (though I might have played both of them with Rahon, the way Jackson has been shooting). You don't tell him his minutes are going to be limited.

If Daniels were on the roster, Heckmann plays less and certainly not in that horrid stretch at the end where he spelled Hanlan. That's enough to win the game. Heckmann was -14 in like 50 key seconds of game time in each half.


You don't know that he told him his minutes would be limited. That is the assumption of which I speak. It is assuming the coach did something retarded without confirmation, in that I don't see how there is any less of a chance it was a writing on the wall situation. I don't know that the second is correct but it annoys me that we constantly create these narratives on the board, generally without much in the way of information.

As to the game at hand, as you just acknowledged in another post, if Odio played more and I'd even add if Rubin played more, you also reduce Heckmann's minutes. I don't see Daniels defending Jackson going very well. They're both short, but Jackson is a big dude. I don't think it would be a good match up. I'd almost suggest that Moton would have been more helpful in yesterdays game.


You can continue to believe that is assumed and argue semantics to defend the Don on this. Daniels not being on the team will continue to hurt as it did yesterday. He's not on the team because his situation was handled poorly. And frankly these boards are all about narratives and you are certainly a crusader for eliminating all conversation without 7 sources, but let's just say that at least 2 people have already confirmed this for you, and I have heard it from other sources. I, myself, have no inside information on the situation, but I have heard enough, and given the Heslip situation, find the narrative substantially supported. Regardless, I'm not interested in proving anything to you to your beyond a reasonable doubt standard; it's a message board. If you don't like the confirmation you have received, ignore it.

Jackson destroyed everyone that covered him. Couldn't destroy Daniels any worse than he picked apart Hanlan and Rahon to the tune of 31 points. The point about Daniels is on the other end - if he is there, Heckmann doesn't become a primary handler of the rock, turn it over 5 times, and hand away a 14-0 run. Heckmann was the choice because Odio can't handle on the perimeter.


Let's review what has actually been "confirmed" or "substantially supported":

1st, everyone reading this knows that you clamored about Daniels being 1) better than Hanlan and 2) that he was going to be the starter and that everything you say going forward is an attempt to mitigate your 9000th conclusively and comically dead wrong prediction and/or analysis.

SJeagle09 -the reputable poster as far as I know who actually claimed to know something- says the team was pissed at Donahue for Daniels leaving. That could mean that Donahue told him he would get no minutes and hamfistedly drove him away. It could mean he just played less and saw a continuing downward trend coming just as easily. It could be the continued recruitment of additional point guards. It could be sophomores (the majority of the team) were mad because a friend was replaced by a younger player. There is nothing about this in and of itself to conclude the Donahue is a retarded handler of personnel argument.

HJS - likely repeating SJeagle09 but making it seem like he knew something and I challenge you to pretend he doesn't do this constantly, added his own conclusory edge to the story. I consider this to be a zero value add in this particular conversation.

The Heslip situation: the Skinner ball washers came out in force to try to paint a picture with this one. The kid's -let's just say overly intrusive dad- spouted a bunch of shit, which was the functional equivalent of my son was disrespected by the coach. I don't understand how just because you draw the same conclusion without basis twice, it makes it any more valid this time.

no confirmation has been received.
Daniels leaving
TWB I heart Daniels Agenda
+ HJS addicted to misery Agenda
____________________________
Donahue killed Daniel's dog in front of him, then pissed on its body, while screaming maniacally that he would never play a minute for the Boston College basketball team = fact


I never clamored about Daniels being better than anyone, that's an assumption that you extrapolated from my actual statement - which was a statement that Daniels actually played pretty damn well last season as a freshman PG and that expected him to be the starter because of the fact that he had already been through a full season battle in the ACC, he was actually pretty good, and I expected big improvement because frosh to soph is the year you see the biggest leap. I also based it on the fact that freshman usually struggle unless they are the top of the recruiting pyramid.

I did not base my opinion about Daniels starting on any knowledge of Hanlan other than the 1-2 grainy highlight films we all saw. He looked like a good player, and I expected him to get significant minutes at multiple guard positions because he is big and because he can do multiple things. But until yesterday, no one knew what Hanlan would do against top flight competition, and based on that and what I saw of Daniels, I expected Daniels to be the starter.

That said, now I have seen him play against a real college basketball team, and his maturity and basketball sense are excellent. I see why he is the starter at PG. I hope he can maintain it, and I wish for him to be a star. I also wish the coach hadn't run off his backup, and that we didn't have to count on Hanlan playing that well every game to win in his freshman year.

Specific posters have said that the rumor on campus is that the Don told Daniels he wouldn't see more than X amount of minutes, not just that the team was pissed. I also haven't suggested that the only place these rumors are being told is this message board.

I was among the good riddance people in the Heslip situation. My opinion on that has not changed. I am just noting that it is becoming something of a pattern. If you are okay with that fine, I can see the argument. I just wish we had a backup PG.

P and S, I enjoyed the snarky comment about my predictions being wrong. That was fresh and new, and conclusively wins your argument for you. Good work.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1503

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:30 am

twballgame9 wrote:I never clamored about Hanlan being better than anyone, that's an assumption that you extrapolated from my actual statement - which was a statement that Daniels actually played pretty damn well last season as a freshman PG and that expected him to be the starter because of the fact that he had already been through a full season battle in the ACC, he was actually pretty good, and I expected big improvement because frosh to soph is the year you see the biggest leap. I also based it on the fact that freshman usually struggle unless they are the top of the recruiting pyramid.

I did not base my opinion about Daniels starting on any knowledge of Hanlan other than the 1-2 grainy highlight films we all saw. He looked like a good player, and I expected him to get significant minutes at multiple guard positions because he is big and because he can do multiple things. But until yesterday, no one knew what Hanlan would do against top flight competition, and based on that and what I saw of Daniels, I expected Daniels to be the starter.

That said, now I have seen him play against a real college basketball team, and his maturity and basketball sense are excellent. I see why he is the starter at PG. I hope he can maintain it, and I wish for him to be a star. I also wish the coach hadn't run off his backup, and that we didn't have to count on Hanlan playing that well every game to win in his freshman year.

Specific posters have said that the rumor on campus is that the Don told Daniels he wouldn't see more than X amount of minutes, not just that the team was pissed. I also haven't suggested that the only place these rumors are being told is this message board.

I was among the good riddance people in the Heslip situation. My opinion on that has not changed. I am just noting that it is becoming something of a pattern. If you are okay with that fine, I can see the argument. I just wish we had a backup PG.


I'm fine with it for now. I've also said, a lot, that I wish Daniels was still here.

At least no one has bitched about Donahue's recruiting failures in the last two or three days. Hanlan and Rahon both look like they are better than their rankings so far. Anderson is pretty obviously special and Hanlan has the makings of the same.

I hope Clifford isn't messed up for a long time.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11863
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2317

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Untitled document
cron