Hypothetically ... can BC make the NCAAs as an at-large?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Hypothetically ... can BC make the NCAAs as an at-large?

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:59 am

Clemson is miserable, we're miserable on the road

Should be a good one
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:02 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Clemson is miserable, we're miserable on the road

Should be a good one

I'm looking for an assistant coach that can break down a game like that. Want to join my staff?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:04 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If Clemson does the same thing that they did last game against BC, BC wins easy. Clemson should beat BC by pounding the rock inside, but for some reason they don't.

good breakdown coach

Thanks, shadow.

I just want you to know how much your strategy breakdowns help the board understand the game. It's awesome to learn from someone who had so much success dunking over the other 1Ls in the Quonset hut before the knee injury slowed you down.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:05 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If Clemson does the same thing that they did last game against BC, BC wins easy. Clemson should beat BC by pounding the rock inside, but for some reason they don't.

Clemson has one good post player in Booker. Jennings is a joke in the post
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

I'm looking for an assistant coach that can break down a game like that. Want to join my staff?

Done

My value added:
Telling Odio to stop shooting 3s
Tell the HC to recruit a big

Yeah that's abt it
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

Done

My value added:

Yeah that's abt it

you are seriously crowding eepsteins space.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:30 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

Done

My value added:

Yeah that's abt it

teddy's coaching staff works together as a team. eepstein is in charge of talent assessment and determining that they are not acc caliber BUT he backs claver up in his requests of odio not shooting 3s.

you can't have coaches that live in a silo and expect to be successful
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:32 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

good breakdown coach

Thanks, shadow.

I just want you to know how much your strategy breakdowns help the board understand the game. It's awesome to learn from someone who had so much success dunking over the other 1Ls in the Quonset hut before the knee injury slowed you down.

Yeah, yeah, we know, the board is so horrible you barely post anymore.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:33 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

Done

My value added:

Yeah that's abt it

teddy's coaching staff works together as a team. eepstein is in charge of talent assessment and determining that they are not acc caliber BUT he backs claver up in his requests of odio not shooting 3s.

here's my concern. Neither Claver nor Eepstein has never messageboard coached at this level. They need a recruiting guy with real experience, probably Shaddix, or they are never going to be able to compete with other ACC board especially after Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville get here.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

Done

My value added:

Yeah that's abt it

epstein is my Coach Jones - with his talent assessment abilities, I expect him to move on to BU soon. Claver is the heir apparent.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

Done

My value added:

Yeah that's abt it

here's my concern. Neither Claver nor Eepstein has never messageboard coached at this level. They need a recruiting guy with real experience, probably Shaddix, or they are never going to be able to compete with other ACC board especially after Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville get here.

clearly you do not pay attention to teddy's messageboard coaching. he's identified the recruits that we need. both claver and eepstein back him up on the fact that we need a big but teddy goes beyond that to point out that if we still had jordan daniels we would be in better guard shape.

you used to show some serious potential but now i feel more often that you are ALsleep
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

Done

My value added:

Yeah that's abt it

epstein is my Coach Jones - with his talent assessment abilities, I expect him to move on to BU soon. Claver is the heir apparent.

You know we could pull this scheme off. Odio not shooting 3s would be fantastic. If I can weigh in on the game plan tonight, switch Odio onto Booker and put Heckmann on Jennings for part of the game when Clifford is out. Odio will block a ton of those shots and Jennings is allergic to going in the paint anyway. Also, no more Anderson perimeter jumpers, those are also outlawed.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:11 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

Done

My value added:

Yeah that's abt it

Are either of these points arguable?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bcmurph on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I think Odio needs to keep taking some threes as part of his overall game...He's constantly left open and he's had a few go halfway down and out...Needs a couple more to fall through to at least pose some threat of shooting...

Last game he even had the confidence to put it on the floor and go to the hoop a couple of times. Better than standing on the perimeter, dribbling once and handing off to whoever comes to the ball...

Same with Anderson, if he can't make those 15-18 footers he's going to be less effective overall.

If it's there take it and make it.
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:18 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:I think Odio needs to keep taking some threes as part of his overall game...He's constantly left open and he's had a few go halfway down and out...Needs a couple more to fall through to at least pose some threat of shooting...

Last game he even had the confidence to put it on the floor and go to the hoop a couple of times. Better than standing on the perimeter, dribbling once and handing off to whoever comes to the ball...

Same with Anderson, if he can't make those 15-18 footers he's going to be less effective overall.

Easy there Woody. I vote Murph is not allowed on the staff. I have no problem with Odio's to the basket moves. The rest no thanks.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:29 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

Done

My value added:

Yeah that's abt it

clearly you do not pay attention to teddy's messageboard coaching. he's identified the recruits that we need. both claver and eepstein back him up on the fact that we need a big but teddy goes beyond that to point out that if we still had jordan daniels we would be in better guard shape.

you used to show some serious potential but now i feel more often that you are ALsleep

i forgot how much i enjoyed his old nickname
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:I think Odio needs to keep taking some threes as part of his overall game...He's constantly left open and he's had a few go halfway down and out...Needs a couple more to fall through to at least pose some threat of shooting...

Easy there Woody. I vote Murph is not allowed on the staff. I have no problem with Odio's to the basket moves. The rest no thanks.

No worries. I am going big time with the third assistant spot. We'll get a salty old bench guy that knows how to coach defense. I hear TWood is not available, so I am taking applications.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 pm

endlessmike suggests you get rick majerus
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No worries. I am going big time with the third assistant spot. We'll get a salty old bench guy that knows how to coach defense. I hear TWood is not available, so I am taking applications.

What would the point of a defensive coach be? I mean lousy coaches like larranga and brownell don't utilize their strengths against bc anyway...
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Good move I like it. We need a Director of Basketball Operations also
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:10 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What would the point of a defensive coach be? I mean lousy coaches like larranga and brownell don't utilize their strengths against bc anyway...

Dont get all jealous since you're not on the staff
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

BC doesnt pay enough.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Should be a good one

Done

My value added:

Yeah that's abt it

So I'll get promoted despite no experience that says I should? I like it!

:chewbanka
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:21 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

can i assume that role? this seems like a team of coaches that should have a director of basketball operations that doesn't even like sports
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

can i assume that role? this seems like a team of coaches that should have a director of basketball operations that doesn't even like sports

Ill put in a word with the head coach for you.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

He's like Mo Cassara in this little story.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 pm

you realize there are likely 4 or 5 h00ps weird0s that are all butthurt at not being named a part of teddy's messageboardary coaching staff.

that tickles me
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby bcmurph on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Well if he's ZERO threat to shoot, it's going to be a lot harder to get to the basket, No?...In any case, I am unable to entertain joining the staff that I'm not allowed on as I will be busy liking BC Basketball...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you realize there are likely 4 or 5 h00ps weird0s that are all butthurt at not being named a part of teddy's messageboardary coaching staff.

that tickles me

are you sure it isn't lemmiwinks again? You should call Hansen just to make sure.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:04 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you realize there are likely 4 or 5 h00ps weird0s that are all butthurt at not being named a part of teddy's messageboardary coaching staff.

that tickles me

are you sure it isn't lemmiwinks again? You should call Hansen just to make sure.

you might need to go back on your meds admiral short-fuse
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum