Rogers was fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rogers was fired

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:05 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I was on ATL's twitter page when it hit and was in shock. I still think its odd and have to believe it was a mutual thing. I hope Brock brings back thee spread.

Did you go to the meet and greet with Gene?!?!?

No i had to fill in for another attorney tonight down in Manalapan. I was dying to go. NYAC is a nice place to attend something. We should have made it a North Jersey official function.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:08 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I was on ATL's twitter page when it hit and was in shock. I still think its odd and have to believe it was a mutual thing. I hope Brock brings back thee spread.

No i had to fill in for another attorney tonight down in Manalapan. I was dying to go. NYAC is a nice place to attend something. We should have made it a North Jersey official function.

Bummer! I wonder how it went...
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:10 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

Bummer! I wonder how it went...

http://twitter.com/#!/Gpidge

Just a couple tweets about it.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Would it have been better if Gene had just said Kevin was kidnapped by Romanian dwarfs at the Orlando Airport? Would it have been better if Gene had just said Kevin was working for the FBI and had gone into the witness protection program? Questions we may now have to forever ponder. But will there be tears? Does this qualify for tears? How many tears? :pickle
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Did HJS have a head explosion?
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:14 pm

You know, we probably could have figured this out. Nowhere in any article did the players ever say anything about giving their thoughts to Rogers or anything. They only said that they would have to adapt to the change.

I just wish somebody would ever know the full story.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:21 pm

This is incredible. I'm both infuriated and confused at the same time. Could they really be this inept? Petty? Could they be this loyal to walking excuse machine Spaz to throw a new hire under the bus with two weeks experience?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:24 pm

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2011/9/14 ... i#comments

This BCI article does a good job of digging up a few weird quotes. This could turn into a PR nightmare if it gets out to the national media. Nowhere have I seen the "We really hope he comes back soon" spiel that I would expect to hear in this kind of situation. Fucking absurd.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:40 pm

So, supposedly when GDF was asked if Rogers would ever coach again at BC, he started defending himself immediately and saying he wouldn't be afraid to admit if they fired someone.

I don't know whether to think that's a blatantly obvious example of a guilty conscience or GDF already knows about all the criticism and saw right through the question... You'd think his answer would be, "Yes, of course, we'll be glad to have him back as soon as he feels better!"
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 pm

bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:So, supposedly when GDF was asked if Rogers would ever coach again at BC, he started defending himself immediately and saying he wouldn't be afraid to admit if they fired someone.

I don't know whether to think that's a blatantly obvious example of a guilty conscience or GDF already knows about all the criticism and saw right through the question... You'd think his answer would be, "Yes, of course, we'll be glad to have him back as soon as he feels better!"

exactly my thought. Something reeks of shit, and it isn't in my pants.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:43 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
FirstDownSyndrome {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Medical stuff is BS. Spaz was on board with the firing.

ryan day will be our next offensive coordinator. more details to follow.

Any thoughts on how one gets fired after two games (when it took Tranq two years to "resign")?

Be the offensive coordinator for a BCS team that scores a mere 3 points on a non-BCS FBS team. That should do it.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:44 am

Fuck Duke. That is all.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:05 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Logically, Rogers getting canned after two games seems wrong. Emotionally, after getting our asses handed to us by a C-USA team during a night game, this feels right. He knew what he had to do - not be the Nyquilizer.

exactly... quitting makes a lot more common sense to me than getting fired. you don't put up with tranq for two years and then shit-can his successor after two games.

Sure you do if (and only if) you hired the successor to be OC and then (possibly) HC-in-waiting, and the OC's offense scores 3 points on a Conf-USA team.

Tranq was never intended to succeed :spaz2 or anyone. Tranq was a temp. That's it, ratbert the office temp, the guy sitting in as the OC until the administration could find the person who will eventually take over for :spaz2 when he retires. Tranq was never intended to be part of BC's future. They thought they found that person in Rogers.

And Rogers did not prepare his offense for UCF. It was as if the offensive unit took the whole week off for practice. That was the worst offensive performance since BC was shut out by Army.

So :spaz2 did what :spaz2 has done in the past. He "fired" Tuggle after one game in 2009. He "fired" Shinskie after one game in 2010. Why should Rogers get more than one game if the players don't? Fire Rogers. Promote from within. Start over.

BC can still (mathematically) win the ACC and the Orange Bowl. Won't happen, but you have to try. :spaz2 probably believes that it can't happen with Rogers.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:53 am

If Rogers was fired, then BC and Gene and Spaz and IB suck balls. Just saying.

And no, I didn't read all of that no space nonsense.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:38 am

I'm inclined to believe this, as our football program has been handled with the grace of a 6 year old on speed in an antique shop for the last few years, and this makes perfect sense.

I like ATL.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:22 am

I vote for Rogers confronting Spaz with complaints about Devine and OL concluding with a "him or me" situation. Medical reasons and "more time with family" are usually code words for fired.

Rogers would still be on payroll if really med reasons, right?
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:52 am

I urge the creative types on this board to pen the speculative saga of Kevin Rogers, in multi chapter format. MS Paint is encouraged but not necessary. Chapter 7 should, as always, be a painful one.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:56 am

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:I vote for Rogers confronting Spaz with complaints about Devine and OL concluding with a "him or me" situation. Medical reasons and "more time with family" are usually code words for fired.

Rogers would still be on payroll if really med reasons, right?

i think he would still be on the payroll either way. this is a good question, though. someone should ask gene about it last night

it's really annoying how cheap we are with coaches salaries but we're so willing to give coaches extensions, fire them, and have to keep on paying them
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I urge the creative types on this board to pen the speculative saga of Kevin Rogers, in multi chapter format. MS Paint is encouraged but not necessary. Chapter 7 should, as always, be a painful one.

That would explain the anal fissures.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:19 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: another cause is sitting too long when making teh poopie

I'm in trouble then.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:25 am

nick, can you please let us respect your privacy?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:28 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:nick, can you please let us respect your privacy?

I was blindsided by this.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:15 am

not sure if he would stay on the payroll. likely he would, but his pay would be covered by some form of a long term disability poluicy or FMLA, which are often administered bu independent insurers outside of BC.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:31 am

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:not sure if he would stay on the payroll. likely he would, but his pay would be covered by some form of a long term disability poluicy or FMLA, which are often administered bu independent insurers outside of BC.

sure - if it truly was a medical issue

Yeah, I feel like AFLAC or whoever would probably like to see some sort of documentation from a Dr., I doubt a ragout stained note from Spaz would suffice.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:34 am

If Rogers really is out for medical reasons, he should go see our own Dr. English in order to get back to coaching ASAP. If she can get a knee-less Momah out there with a brace, then I'm sure she'd have no problem fixing what ails Rogers.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:54 am

You heard it here first, folks--BC is committing insurance fraud to take care of Rogers' buyout.

EO breaking news all over this bitch.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:56 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:You heard it here first, folks--BC is committing insurance fraud to take care of Rogers' buyout.

I sure hope FBI Investigator isn't reading this thread.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:01 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:You heard it here first, folks--BC is committing insurance fraud to take care of Rogers' buyout.

I'm sure he'll get around to it...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:04 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I'm sure he'll get around to it...

Campion's creation of distinct personalities for his aliases is pretty impressive.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:10 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:If Rogers really is out for medical reasons, he should go see our own Dr. English in order to get back to coaching ASAP. If she can get a knee-less Momah out there with a brace, then I'm sure she'd have no problem fixing what ails Rogers.

I think it's fairly obvious what's going on here- Dr. English is digging up corpses in the cemetery near campus and harvesting them for spare parts, making our players and coaching staff walking ghouls. This has NCAA death sentence written all over it.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium