Rogers was fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rogers was fired

Postby bignick33 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Atl is putting his neck out pretty far on this one, so he's gotta be confident in his source(s).

Maybe he just has a thing for long necks.

the panted b0mo is in the lead so far... beat hansen by a neck

sortofHANSENPOST!!!
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:40 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I got the info this afternoon. Posted it as soon as I could.

Not sure whose idea it was to say it was medical, but that helps Rogers and BC.

I don't know if Spaz wanted him gone and Gene agreed or Gene wanted him on and Spaz agreed but they were in agreement. Rogers was blindsided.

Why did you choose to post that info here instead of your blog?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:44 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Medical stuff is BS. Spaz was on board with the firing.

I reported this information two days ago, but I took it down so I could check with another source. I can now report this as CONFIRMED.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:46 pm

I wonder if Gene's minion has called him aboard the Fung Wah (where he can truly travel incognito) yet.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:46 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:

I don't know if Spaz wanted him gone and Gene agreed or Gene wanted him on and Spaz agreed but they were in agreement. Rogers was blindsided.

this is where he post irresponsibly AND he hoped to get it in front of people for them to ignore during the chat with gene

I will let ATL defend himself against your accusation of irresponsible posting
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:48 pm

I get the feeling this is Gene's latest Disaster Level Blunder.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:50 pm

this is where he post irresponsibly AND he hoped to get it in front of people for them to ignore during the chat with gene

I tweeted it first and then posted here. I will post on the blog later. Just easier to get something out on twitter. I put it here instead of the blog for time reasons.

I am nothing to gain from saying this. I can't prove it (unless Rogers decides to speak up). So it becomes my word against GDF and Spaz and whoever else says I am wrong. I am already pretty much on record that Spaz is not a good HC and GDF meddles.

I was wrong about the Day as OC. But wasn't the only one who said he was promised the job. I was the one to say it was coming to him absolutely.

The reason I posted it when I got confirmation because the whole thing stinks and we as supporters of the program deserve professionalism, competency and the truth regarding the program.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:52 pm

If Atlanta Eagle is correct, then this would suggest that Gene D. did have influence over the hiring of Rogers. Why would Gene help Spaz with the illness cover story, if it was a Spaz hire. Gene is out to protect Gene's behind. If Spaziani wanted Rogers out (Gene's hire), then he would play ball on this story, as he gets to pick his own guy-Brock.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:52 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:I get the feeling this is Gene's latest Disaster Level Blunder.

He fired a Grand Slam Hire after two games. How could it not be a DLB?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Bumpers on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:53 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I tweeted it first and then posted here. I will post on the blog later. Just easier to get something out on twitter. I put it here instead of the blog for time reasons.

I am nothing to gain from saying this. I can't prove it (unless Rogers decides to speak up). So it becomes my word against GDF and Spaz and whoever else says I am wrong. I am already pretty much on record that Spaz is not a good HC and GDF meddles.

I was wrong about the Day as OC. But wasn't the only one who said he was promised the job. I was the one to say it was coming to him absolutely.

The reason I posted it when I got confirmation because the whole thing stinks and we as supporters of the program deserve professionalism, competency and the truth regarding the program.

Sounds to me like the horse's mouth is the source.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:54 pm

The question is: why? Was it Rogers wanting out, or some combination of :pickle :spaz2 wanting him gone? And why would they want him gone? The UCF game was terrible offensively, but that's more do to the yearly decline of the o-line than the plays he was calling.

So Brock gets the interim job, I liked him as a candidate the first time, we'll see what he can do with 0 flexibility, because I assume the Rogers firing was due to not toeing the line.

The incompetence at the head of this program is mind blowing.

:whiteflag :titanic :gun :suicide
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Logically, Rogers getting canned after two games seems wrong. Emotionally, after getting our asses handed to us by a C-USA team during a night game, this feels right. He knew what he had to do - not be the Nyquilizer.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby bosa90 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:00 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I trust ATL waaaaaaay more that GDF or spaz. But on the off chance that KR does in fact have anal fissures, I will pray for him.

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Logically, Rogers getting canned after two games seems wrong. Emotionally, after getting our asses handed to us by a C-USA team during a night game, this feels right. He knew what he had to do - not be the Nyquilizer.

exactly... quitting makes a lot more common sense to me than getting fired. you don't put up with tranq for two years and then shit-can his successor after two games. maybe it was a mutual decision but i would hope that the gambler was more mutual that the organ grinder and his monkey

Unless its being done as a favor to Brock (to give him a stage to get a better job) after some politicking because Spaz knows he's done without pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

Either way, this sucks.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Well, this is a victory for everyone on EA that aspires to be ND.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dirtywater on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm

I can't believe any of this is true or close to true. We can't be this stupid - come on. It would mean that we really do have Toody and Muldoon at the helm of our program. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAPtM6Q_mwA
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby janebc on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:40 pm

SO-if we have this right, the Dynamic Duo that hired-and tolerated - Gary Tranquill for 2 long, torturous years, have fired this man after 2 games. It's par for they course-why shouldn't it be true?
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:50 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:WOW, holy shit, I dont like using the medical excuse but I guess he wasnt the guru people said. I kind of feel bad for him, considering it was a limited oppurtunity. I would happy that the administration is doing something and are taking this seriously but its an odd situation.

Thanks ATL.

Or Rogers is the only competent coach and Spaz and GDT threw him under the bus.

Have you watched this offense play so far this year? Rogers may have been a "competent coach", but he certaily does not appear to have been an offensive guru.

Is he the OLine coach?

How can they get away with firing the OC 2 games into the season and not fire Devine who has been destroying the offensive line since he became employed and Siravo who has been a mediocre recruiting coordinator at best. This is just getting so weird

Exactly. I don't have a problem firing someone from the staff after 2 games but what about Devine, Siravo & :tranq ?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:51 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:WOW, holy shit, I dont like using the medical excuse but I guess he wasnt the guru people said. I kind of feel bad for him, considering it was a limited oppurtunity. I would happy that the administration is doing something and are taking this seriously but its an odd situation.

Thanks ATL.

Or Rogers is the only competent coach and Spaz and GDT threw him under the bus.

Have you watched this offense play so far this year? Rogers may have been a "competent coach", but he certaily does not appear to have been an offensive guru.

Is he the OLine coach?

How can they get away with firing the OC 2 games into the season and not fire Devine who has been destroying the offensive line since he became employed and Siravo who has been a mediocre recruiting coordinator at best. This is just getting so weird

Exactly. I don't have a problem firing someone from the staff after 2 games but what about Devine, Siravo & :tranq ?

And Spaz.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 pm

and in fairness to Atlanta Eagle, Gene D. has carefully crafted the Batman silencer around the 3 men involved. We have been told to respect Rogers privacy (illness and probably was given a buyout with stipulation that he does not talk), Spaziani was probably told to say nothing (he gets to pick his own OC) and Gene will put on another show for the media, as he did when he pretended that NFL teams were hot after Joker Jags.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:40 pm

So basically, if ATL is right, Spaz "needs more time" according to his apologists, and it's OK to keep Tranquill and Devine around for 2 or more years, but keeping Rogers on for more than two games is a bridge too far.

Any program that would keep those guys around in their current positions (or former, in Tranq's case) for years on end has no credibility in firing anyone after 2 games. They can't be THAT fucking stupid, can they? Oh wait...
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Can't confirm all of atl's details around the move, but I was told rogers is fine.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle216 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:57 pm

If Rogers was fired, than the most likely scenario is this:

Rogers wanted to run shit that Spaz/Gene did not want to run. Rogers said that the "Spaz" offense (pro style, power running, 50-50 run/pass) can't work with the horseshit talent at OL. Spaz/Gene said "we are the bosses, run it or be fired". Rogers chooses the later. Because they are all gentleman about it, the medical thing is cover so Rogers doesn't need to explain to prospective future employers that he got fired after 2 games at B fuckin C, and so BC doesn't spook future coaches into thinking they will be canned in 2 days if they don't turn chicken shit into chicken salad overnight. Oh, and its probably true that Rogers has a medical problems that needs to be addressed, so the whole thing is not one big lie to be exposed by people who know Rogers. Whatever his medical reason, if he had Matt Ryan, and a late-TOBish line (Snee, etc), you better fucking believe it that he would be dealing with his medical issue in the offseason or on his downtime.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:01 pm

I bet it was simpler- a big fight on the flight back from Orlando that devolved into irreconcilable differences by the time they passed over Newark. I don't fault GDF for his hires (Jags, Spaz, Donahue - who I think will be great - or Rogers. I do fault him for the way he shows people the door - Jags, Skinner, Rogers. It's a problem.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:03 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Can't confirm all of atl's details around the move, but I was told rogers is fine.

fine in what way? Job? or he isn't sick?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle216 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:10 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:Can't confirm all of atl's details around the move, but I was told rogers is fine.

fine in what way? Job? or he isn't sick?

Rogers being fine does not equate to not having medical issues. Being fine, in light of what came out of :pickle HQ could just mean "not going to die this week".
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:49 pm

I was on ATL's twitter page when it hit and was in shock. I still think its odd and have to believe it was a mutual thing. I hope Brock brings back thee spread.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby janebc on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:57 pm

I can just imagine what all this institutional chaos will do to already poor recruiting....the national perception of this program must be horrible right now....
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:58 pm

janebc {l Wrote}:I can just imagine what all this institutional chaos will do to already poor recruiting....the national perception of this program must be horrible right now....

Not at all. Talking heads are always saying how we have a classy athletic department and a great, old-school coach. I have no idea why this is the case but it is.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:58 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I was on ATL's twitter page when it hit and was in shock. I still think its odd and have to believe it was a mutual thing. I hope Brock brings back thee spread.

Did you go to the meet and greet with Gene?!?!?
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium