Rogers was fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rogers was fired

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:45 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:I understand the flight back from UCF was very turbulent.

I heard that on the boards too, but I don't buy it. The charters under TOB were always deadly silent there and back. In general, the plane is cramped and the coaches sit up front. Add in the night game factor and I doubt there would have been much talking/fighting at all.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:45 pm

GDF's firing of JAGs, used up all his firing clout
It looks like GDF will be next to go or probably GDF & Spaz

They may not make it to NOV, the heat is on.

A good coach will not come to BC with GDF's reputation!

BC football< whale turd, :titanic
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Postby eagle216 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:46 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I keep reading elsewhere (ATLs Blog and TOS): How could they fire Rogers after keeping Tranquill for 2 years.

I'd suggest the following: 1)Tranquill's tenure counts. His hiring is probably the most obvious, difficult to argue against, objective black mark on Spaz' head coaching resume. He was "retired" and had spent time banished in NFL Europe prior to his time at BC. He was almost universally disparaged by UNC and Virginia fans who remember his play calling as dated and unimaginitive in the early '00s. He was too old, and probably never all that great to begin with. His tenure was brutal to watch, predictable, boring and the outcome was rarely in doubt. In short it was 2 years of program damaging misery. Spaz doesn't get to disassociate from that terrible decision because he eventually fired the man. Rather those 2 years count. So 2 miserable games of Rogers playcalling following 2 miserable years of Tranq playcalling are a whole lot different than if Spaz had hired Rogers 1st. 2) It is likely that many football coaches would be turned off by the sheepfaced moaning of our head coach and its reflection in the way he does everything from setting the depth chart to clock management to game execution. I'm sure Tranquill put up with it because he had nowhere else to go and because he had a long history with the HC. Rogers will likely have a coaching job post BC if he is healthy enough. He may not have been willing to have his legacy, such that it is, tarnished by knees before every half time and the prospect of designed clock killing should we ever have a lead. He may have, in short, been difficult to work with for Spaz relative to his predecessor. Certainly stranger things have happened.

Spaz kept Tranq because Tranq was his guy. Rogers was not his guy. Now he got what he supposedly wanted all along: Dave Brock to succeed Tranq.

I thought Gene went out of his way to say that he played no role in the Rogers hire. If so, than Rogers is not his guy. So if Rogers is also not Spaz' guy, than whose guy was he? If this is true that Gene is even more or a dick than I thought.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby Bumpers on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:52 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
hawaiirob {l Wrote}:I understand the flight back from UCF was very turbulent.

I heard that on the boards too, but I don't buy it. The charters under TOB were always deadly silent there and back. In general, the plane is cramped and the coaches sit up front. Add in the night game factor and I doubt there would have been much talking/fighting at all.

I assumed he really meant this

Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:03 pm

A senior citizen head coach is set in his ways
the old dog is not going to change we gots whats we gots

Now to hire another senior citizen as OC, that is not part of GDFs Koolaid party
wasn't going to work, it was a stupid move by a dumb axx AD

I don't see it getting any better a loss to Duke & ZooMass
will set BC back light years..............LEAHY start your searching NOW!!!!
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Postby Saveagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:39 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:you hope the RD resigning rumor isn't true, for a few reasons

You're a fake punt afficianado, I take it?

Fake field goal. I've never seen BC try a fake punt. I've seen a few pulled against us, but we never had the balls to try it to my recollection.
Saveagle
Carney Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:46 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I keep reading elsewhere (ATLs Blog and TOS): How could they fire Rogers after keeping Tranquill for 2 years.

I'd suggest the following: 1)Tranquill's tenure counts. His hiring is probably the most obvious, difficult to argue against, objective black mark on Spaz' head coaching resume. He was "retired" and had spent time banished in NFL Europe prior to his time at BC. He was almost universally disparaged by UNC and Virginia fans who remember his play calling as dated and unimaginitive in the early '00s. He was too old, and probably never all that great to begin with. His tenure was brutal to watch, predictable, boring and the outcome was rarely in doubt. In short it was 2 years of program damaging misery. Spaz doesn't get to disassociate from that terrible decision because he eventually fired the man. Rather those 2 years count. So 2 miserable games of Rogers playcalling following 2 miserable years of Tranq playcalling are a whole lot different than if Spaz had hired Rogers 1st. 2) It is likely that many football coaches would be turned off by the sheepfaced moaning of our head coach and its reflection in the way he does everything from setting the depth chart to clock management to game execution. I'm sure Tranquill put up with it because he had nowhere else to go and because he had a long history with the HC. Rogers will likely have a coaching job post BC if he is healthy enough. He may not have been willing to have his legacy, such that it is, tarnished by knees before every half time and the prospect of designed clock killing should we ever have a lead. He may have, in short, been difficult to work with for Spaz relative to his predecessor. Certainly stranger things have happened.

Spaz kept Tranq because Tranq was his guy. Rogers was not his guy. Now he got what he supposedly wanted all along: Dave Brock to succeed Tranq.

Who wanted Rogers then?

ATL, I think you may be huffing HJS fumes here.

And speaking of HJS, where the hell is Talon?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Saveagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:you hope the RD resigning rumor isn't true, for a few reasons

Fake field goal. I've never seen BC try a fake punt. I've seen a few pulled against us, but we never had the balls to try it to my recollection.

Didn't we try one with Toal as the guy receiving the ball at some point?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:58 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Saveagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Didn't we try one with Toal as the guy receiving the ball at some point?

I think it was 2008 at RCC where Jags destroyed :toby
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcnyceagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Fits the lore as far as I know. Spaz wanted Brock, Day is part of GDF's tree. Rogers was a compromise pick that wouldn't back stab either one.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Who wanted Rogers then?

Gene wanted Rogers.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby billyshelby on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:27 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Who wanted Rogers then?

Gene wanted Rogers.

So why would Gene fire his own guy?
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:30 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Who wanted Rogers then?

Gene wanted Rogers.

So why would Gene fire his own guy?

My guess - Because Rogers stopped kissing the ring when he realized what was going on.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:32 pm

I trust ATL, but all this mesage board guessing and intrigue has me frustrutaed. We really need Joe McGuiness to move in next door to Coach Flip's mansion and start interviewing people who've seen him coming and going from the local Starbuck's. That way we'll get the straight poop.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Or, the rest of the staff, recognizing that there was only upside for them if Rogers left (excuses/internal promotion) united in declaring the Rogers situation as unworkable.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:46 pm

bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:Or, the rest of the staff, recognizing that there was only upside for them if Rogers left (excuses/internal promotion) united in declaring the Rogers situation as unworkable.

I suspect Rogers, with the most solid resume and reputation of anyone on the staff, declared Spaz et al a "shitshow" and Gene had to defend his puppet.

With that said, please respect his privacy in this difficult time. :pickle
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Harry Seaward on Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Has anybody ever seen Frank speak at the same time Gene drinks a glass of water?
Harry Seaward
Carney Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Who is this ATL guy? I just don't get the whole "blog" thing. BC comes out with an official release that a guy leaves for health reasons. Some blogger says he was fired, with no supporting sources listed and you get a seven page thread with 200 posts speculating on why he was fired. Look, I know BC football sucks at the moment and the current coach and AD are not liked by the majority for good reason (sucking on the field) but why do fans/alums take any credence in this guys posts/tweets/blogs? We're talking about people and their careers here. Can't we just stick to their performance and facts to try destroy their lives rather than rumor and inuendo?

Can't one of you ambulance chasers sue the ATL guy for posting/blogging this stuff without some back up? When are these bloggers/tweeters going to be held to some standard? Seroiusly, we're talking about real people and real consequences, shouldn't there be some level of substantiation required?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:23 pm

It is pretty well known who I am. I used to cover the team as a student. Since I have worked freelance for various sites. I've said from the beginning on this that I cannot prove it beyond saying it is what happened.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:29 pm

I heard Rogers quit. And I find that more realistic.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:32 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It is pretty well known who I am. I used to cover the team as a student. Since I have worked freelance for various sites. I've said from the beginning on this that I cannot prove it beyond saying it is what happened.

Nothing personal, I know you don't hide your identity but why don't you have to substantiate these statements you make? Gene DeFillipo and Frank Spaziani are real people with families, responsibilities and reputations. How can you or I come along and make statements about them that may not be true with out any proof? This is the whole problem with the media. Someone makes a statement about someone that may not be accurate and the burden of proof is on the accused instead of the accuser.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:53 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It is pretty well known who I am. I used to cover the team as a student. Since I have worked freelance for various sites. I've said from the beginning on this that I cannot prove it beyond saying it is what happened.

Nothing personal, I know you don't hide your identity but why don't you have to substantiate these statements you make? Gene DeFillipo and Frank Spaziani are real people with families, responsibilities and reputations. How can you or I come along and make statements about them that may not be true with out any proof? This is the whole problem with the media. Someone makes a statement about someone that may not be accurate and the burden of proof is on the accused instead of the accuser.

Because he can't publicize his sources... this isn't rocket science. Take unsubstantiated rumors for what their worth. They're coming from a guy without an agenda, whose been generally accurate in the past (with admitted notable exceptions). Judge for yourself, don't shoot the messenger.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:57 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Who is this ATL guy? I just don't get the whole "blog" thing. BC comes out with an official release that a guy leaves for health reasons. Some blogger says he was fired, with no supporting sources listed and you get a seven page thread with 200 posts speculating on why he was fired. Look, I know BC football sucks at the moment and the current coach and AD are not liked by the majority for good reason (sucking on the field) but why do fans/alums take any credence in this guys posts/tweets/blogs? We're talking about people and their careers here. Can't we just stick to their performance and facts to try destroy their lives rather than rumor and inuendo?

Can't one of you ambulance chasers sue the ATL guy for posting/blogging this stuff without some back up? When are these bloggers/tweeters going to be held to some standard? Seroiusly, we're talking about real people and real consequences, shouldn't there be some level of substantiation required?

There are some very important people at BC who are none too thrilled with the "official" release of which you speak.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:59 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Who is this ATL guy? I just don't get the whole "blog" thing. BC comes out with an official release that a guy leaves for health reasons. Some blogger says he was fired, with no supporting sources listed and you get a seven page thread with 200 posts speculating on why he was fired. Look, I know BC football sucks at the moment and the current coach and AD are not liked by the majority for good reason (sucking on the field) but why do fans/alums take any credence in this guys posts/tweets/blogs? We're talking about people and their careers here. Can't we just stick to their performance and facts to try destroy their lives rather than rumor and inuendo?

There are some very important people at BC who are none too thrilled with the "official" release of which you speak.

that Rogers left for "health reasons"? or that Rogers was fired? please clarify.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:06 pm

bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Because he can't publicize his sources... this isn't rocket science.

No, it's not rocket science, it's unsubstantiated irresponsible character assassination of employees of Boston College that reflects poorly on the institution as a whole. It's the old "when did you stop beating your wife?" question. ATL definitly has something to gain by riding this wave. I am sure he gets more eyes on his blog, name and advances his career dreams of being the next Mike Farrell by publicizing these "facts". Put up or shut up!
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:18 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

No, it's not rocket science, it's unsubstantiated irresponsible character assassination of employees of Boston College that reflects poorly on the institution as a whole. It's the old "when did you stop beating your wife?" question. ATL definitly has something to gain by riding this wave. I am sure he gets more eyes on his blog, name and advances his career dreams of being the next Mike Farrell by publicizing these "facts". Put up or shut up!

Based on track record, why the fuck should we give any credence to a press release put out by GDF? He is the one who should put up or shut up. What is this mysterious illness???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:18 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

LOL, talk about hypocrisy. You whine about ATL's post, and then respond with, SURPRISE, unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and an attempt at character assassination against a guy about with a solid community rep. You're not gonna win anyone over with your theory of how ATL is conspiring to drive hits to a blog he's run for years for fun/hobby, sorry. Difference here is that he has credibility and you don't.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:18 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Trust the message!
i-am-not-a-crook.jpg
i-am-not-a-crook.jpg (23.34 KiB) Viewed 11604 times
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:24 pm

bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

LOL, talk about hypocrisy. You whine about ATL's post, and then respond with, SURPRISE, unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and an attempt at character assassination against a guy about with a solid community rep. You're not gonna win anyone over with your theory of how ATL is conspiring to drive hits to a blog he's run for years for fun/hobby, sorry. Difference here is that he has credibility and you don't.

BCnyceagle is a buggerer, prove me wrong!
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby h2o on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:I thought Gene went out of his way to say that he played no role in the Rogers hire. If so, than Rogers is not his guy. So if Rogers is also not Spaz' guy, than whose guy was he? If this is true that Gene is even more or a dick than I thought.

Gene did go out of his way to say he had no role in the Rodgers hiring. Gene is a much more of dick than you thought.
h2o
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium