Rogers was fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rogers was fired

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:20 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It is pretty well known who I am. I used to cover the team as a student. Since I have worked freelance for various sites. I've said from the beginning on this that I cannot prove it beyond saying it is what happened.

Nothing personal, I know you don't hide your identity but why don't you have to substantiate these statements you make? Gene DeFillipo and Frank Spaziani are real people with families, responsibilities and reputations. How can you or I come along and make statements about them that may not be true with out any proof? This is the whole problem with the media. Someone makes a statement about someone that may not be accurate and the burden of proof is on the accused instead of the accuser.

Because he can't publicize his sources... this isn't rocket science. Take unsubstantiated rumors for what their worth. They're coming from a guy without an agenda, whose been generally accurate in the past (with admitted notable exceptions). Judge for yourself, don't shoot the messenger.

Coming from "a guy without an agenda"?!!!!? ATL's whole anti GDF/Spaz campaign he has been pushing for 2+ years is 100% because of his agenda. He had a very close conection to Jags. He will never forgive GDF for letting Jags go, no matter what the reason was. And he has been very wrong recently. I would say his breaking the news that Day was the new OC lost him a little cred.

ATL does a great job. He runs the best BC blog out there. He's a BC guy all the way, but he absolutely has an agenda! It is what it is. However, I'm sure he believes he has the BCs best interest in mind.

Fact is there is probably more to the Rogers thing than meets the eye but I do not for one sec believe or think he was fired. Was it a mutual parting of the ways maybe, was his heart not in it maybe, was he sick maybe, or maybe it's some combination. Who knows?

Northend is well meaning too, but Gene signs his paychecks so take that for what it is worth. Do you want to split hairs on firing/losing his job. Northend, answer the following questions since you are there in the building:

1. Did Kevin Rogers know he was losing his job when he entered the meeting?
2. Did Kevin Rogers want to leave BC prior to that meeting?
3. Did Kevin Rogers "health" have anything to do with why he is no longer the OC at BC?

You can spin it and say it was mutual, but Rogers didn't know he was losing his job and didn't want to leave prior to that meeting.

I have absolutely no idea. No one does.

Thanks for the inside information. So you should probably just keep your mouth shut because you clearly do not know anything, right? GDIAF. :ace

There just isn't any inside info to share. The story in the building (and I don't work in Yawkey never said I did) is that he left for medical reasons. Its that simple. That is why I find it hard to beleive that ATL would "know" differently and isn't just speculating. Like I said ATL has his agenda. He was a Jags guy.

and as has been countered previously, you're paycheck is signed by an underling of the person you're defending, which makes your interests significantly conflicted.

Also not true.....

Ok, so perhaps some other Boston College entity pays or if you do your video production stuff for free allows you access. Same result, same conflict.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:22 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}: Like I said ATL has his agenda. He was a Jags guy.

This could be one of the stupidest criticisms of anyone, no less ATL, I've ever seen. Obviously he liked the energy and excitement that Jags brought to the program - hell, we all did. What are you saying, that ATL is out to destry Spaz because he's mad at the way Jags was let go? Or is it that he is pining for Jags to be rehired and so is making shit up about the Rogers situation? That makes zero sense. I think ATL's agenda is to see BC at least holding steady, and hopefully improving, from year to year. That's every fan's agenda. Spaz has done nothing but bring ruin to a once-strong program. Your efforts to undermine ATL, a voice of the fans and an independent commentator who is doing nothing more than pointing out the obvious problems with the program and who obviously has some decent access to people in the program, is simply unbelievable.

Please stick to making the videos. Some of them don't suck. I just hope there are still some fans in the stands to see them come November.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:25 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:You're all wrong.....

Coach just wanted to take a little break before the "End of the World"
Those of you planning a road trip to Va Tech, might want to make some adjustments......

:D

http://judgementday2011.com/

Is the team or at least the offense going to dedicate this game against UMass to its fallen OC? We as the BC Community need to raise awareness of this "health issue" that Coach Rogers has so others do not get it! :ace

Are you deaf? We are in privacy respectification mode right now. Awareness raisification comes much later.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:27 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Those of you planning a road trip to Va Tech, might want to make some adjustments......

Is the team or at least the offense going to dedicate this game against UMass to its fallen OC? We as the BC Community need to raise awareness of this "health issue" that Coach Rogers has so others do not get it! :ace

Are you deaf? We are in privacy respectification mode right now. Awareness raisification comes much later.

terrible attitude - if there had been more Aaron Ward awareness raised, Rogers might still have an intact butt hole.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:21 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

terrible attitude - if there had been more Aaron Ward awareness raised, Rogers might still have an intact butt hole.

Was thinking more along the lines of Micky.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:28 am

Northend:

Are you still sticking to your opinion. Forget the semantics, do you think Rogers was let go for health reasons and do you think Rogers left on his own accord?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Spaz and a meatball sub were in the closet making babies and Rogers saw one of the babies and then the baby looked at him.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:57 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:People that graduated from BC in 1994 are stupid.

How the hell do you have + 12000 karma?

He's not a dick. (very often)
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:24 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:People that graduated from BC in 1994 are stupid.

How the hell do you have + 12000 karma?

He's not a dick. (very often)

Also, he doesn't post to ask questions about karma.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:41 pm

"It puts the offensive coordinator in the basket, or it gets the hose again"

(that's a photo of Jame DeFillippo holding NorthEndEagle)
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:05 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:ATL, are you done writing about the Rogers situation, or will there be followup?

ATL, I hope you don't own a horse.

Godfather reference or you think with all the blogging re - GDF, Rogers etc. - he just won't have time to properly care for a horse?

The only time I've been face to face with Gene since becoming critical of his tenure was two years ago at a cocktail party in Atlanta. He was very nice and made no reference to the blog. But it wasn't one on one. Mod6A was in the same circle and that is when Gene discussed Riley Skinner.

As for Gene's "minions," Steve Novak has always been very friendly with me.

the best part of that meeting was meeting matt ryan. it was like when chris farley met paul mccartney. "remember when you threw that touchdown at the end of the vatech game? thatwasssssoawesome!"

it also stood out to me that gene shook every single person's hand in the room.

i know atl has been to a bunch of media events. sure, anyone could go, but do they? he does.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:20 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:p and s - angry chicken (transitively) kissed my weener shortly after the northwestern game in 1993. i thought many of you would find this relevant

IT WAS EIGHT MONTHS LATER!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:55 pm

I wonder if a portion of next year's Uplifting Athletes event will go to benefit Kevin Roger's charity?
http://www.survivingbullies.org/
:boxer
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I wonder if a portion of next year's Uplifting Athletes event will go to benefit Kevin Roger's charity?

Hating italians is a charity?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:17 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I wonder if a portion of next year's Uplifting Athletes event will go to benefit Kevin Roger's charity?

Hating italians is a charity?

I think that's a lot of what the free masons did historically. The pope is Italian sometimes right?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:42 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It is pretty well known who I am. I used to cover the team as a student. Since I have worked freelance for various sites. I've said from the beginning on this that I cannot prove it beyond saying it is what happened.

Nothing personal, I know you don't hide your identity but why don't you have to substantiate these statements you make? Gene DeFillipo and Frank Spaziani are real people with families, responsibilities and reputations. How can you or I come along and make statements about them that may not be true with out any proof? This is the whole problem with the media. Someone makes a statement about someone that may not be accurate and the burden of proof is on the accused instead of the accuser.

Because he can't publicize his sources... this isn't rocket science. Take unsubstantiated rumors for what their worth. They're coming from a guy without an agenda, whose been generally accurate in the past (with admitted notable exceptions). Judge for yourself, don't shoot the messenger.

Coming from "a guy without an agenda"?!!!!? ATL's whole anti GDF/Spaz campaign he has been pushing for 2+ years is 100% because of his agenda. He had a very close conection to Jags. He will never forgive GDF for letting Jags go, no matter what the reason was. And he has been very wrong recently. I would say his breaking the news that Day was the new OC lost him a little cred.

ATL does a great job. He runs the best BC blog out there. He's a BC guy all the way, but he absolutely has an agenda! It is what it is. However, I'm sure he believes he has the BCs best interest in mind.

Fact is there is probably more to the Rogers thing than meets the eye but I do not for one sec believe or think he was fired. Was it a mutual parting of the ways maybe, was his heart not in it maybe, was he sick maybe, or maybe it's some combination. Who knows?

Northend is well meaning too, but Gene signs his paychecks so take that for what it is worth. Do you want to split hairs on firing/losing his job. Northend, answer the following questions since you are there in the building:

3. Did Kevin Rogers "health" have anything to do with why he is no longer the OC at BC?

You can spin it and say it was mutual, but Rogers didn't know he was losing his job and didn't want to leave prior to that meeting.

Thanks for the inside information. So you should probably just keep your mouth shut because you clearly do not know anything, right? GDIAF. :ace

There just isn't any inside info to share. The story in the building (and I don't work in Yawkey never said I did) is that he left for medical reasons. Its that simple. That is why I find it hard to beleive that ATL would "know" differently and isn't just speculating. Like I said ATL has his agenda. He was a Jags guy.

Please help the team to put together a get well video when the privacy period ends for their old OC or you could gdiaf. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:00 am

campion {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

and as has been countered previously, you're paycheck is signed by an underling of the person you're defending, which makes your interests significantly conflicted.

Also not true.....

My theory-- someone told Vinny to STFU and stop posting about this. But Vinny can't stay away, so he has to come here and make everything better by spouting the company line. But they didn't tell him to do that, they told him to shut up. Which he cannot do. I figure we'll let him post 8, 10 more times in this thread and then we'll send it to our friends in the BCAA which will result in Vinny having weekends free to do wedding videos.

Vinny is not lying-- his office isn't in Yawkey-- its in Alumni Stadium, far removed from ANYTHING having to do with BC football or athletics. And his paycheck is signed by William P. Leahy, SJ.

Are you going to fedex a printed copy of the thread? It would probably be more convenient to email it.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:01 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Also not true.....

My theory-- someone told Vinny to STFU and stop posting about this. But Vinny can't stay away, so he has to come here and make everything better by spouting the company line. But they didn't tell him to do that, they told him to shut up. Which he cannot do. I figure we'll let him post 8, 10 more times in this thread and then we'll send it to our friends in the BCAA which will result in Vinny having weekends free to do wedding videos.

Vinny is not lying-- his office isn't in Yawkey-- its in Alumni Stadium, far removed from ANYTHING having to do with BC football or athletics. And his paycheck is signed by William P. Leahy, SJ.

so when he has to make poopies at work does he have to use the public restrooms on the concourse level? that would be awful

He could always walk up the hill to Merkert. They have some classy 'strooms there.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:05 am

Things that we know for sure about VinnyNorthEndBeaconFavre:
1. He loves Spaz and thinks he's a good coach.
2. He works for the athletic department and thus has an agenda.
3. He is mentally retarded.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:02 pm

I heard that Spaz and Rogers had an argument during halftime of the UCF game and Spaz challenged him to a Loser Leaves Town match behind More Hall. Rodgers didn't show, so GDF had no choice but to fire him.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:24 pm

A source close to Rogers (his horse Trigger) said that he did show up, but he left because he didn't see anybody there wearing a Gucci hat and Dave Shinskie Fisher Cats jersey (Spaz wore a bathrobe and two left-footed slippers instead).
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium