Rogers was fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rogers was fired

Postby eaglecaddy on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:22 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It is pretty well known who I am. I used to cover the team as a student. Since I have worked freelance for various sites. I've said from the beginning on this that I cannot prove it beyond saying it is what happened.

Nothing personal, I know you don't hide your identity but why don't you have to substantiate these statements you make? Gene DeFillipo and Frank Spaziani are real people with families, responsibilities and reputations. How can you or I come along and make statements about them that may not be true with out any proof? This is the whole problem with the media. Someone makes a statement about someone that may not be accurate and the burden of proof is on the accused instead of the accuser.

Because he can't publicize his sources... this isn't rocket science. Take unsubstantiated rumors for what their worth. They're coming from a guy without an agenda, whose been generally accurate in the past (with admitted notable exceptions). Judge for yourself, don't shoot the messenger.

Coming from "a guy without an agenda"?!!!!? ATL's whole anti GDF/Spaz campaign he has been pushing for 2+ years is 100% because of his agenda. He had a very close conection to Jags. He will never forgive GDF for letting Jags go, no matter what the reason was. And he has been very wrong recently. I would say his breaking the news that Day was the new OC lost him a little cred.

ATL does a great job. He runs the best BC blog out there. He's a BC guy all the way, but he absolutely has an agenda! It is what it is. However, I'm sure he believes he has the BCs best interest in mind.

Fact is there is probably more to the Rogers thing than meets the eye but I do not for one sec believe or think he was fired. Was it a mutual parting of the ways maybe, was his heart not in it maybe, was he sick maybe, or maybe it's some combination. Who knows?

I have found the true "fans" like vinny who have no fucking clue what is really going on to be pretty funny with making this shit about ATL having an anti-spaz/flip agenda. So let's pretend what really happened did not happen. Vinny you are the worst and "fans" like you are absolutely being abused by the current a-holes in charge of BC football. Vinny is just a clueless d-bag. :boxer
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:33 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It is pretty well known who I am. I used to cover the team as a student. Since I have worked freelance for various sites. I've said from the beginning on this that I cannot prove it beyond saying it is what happened.

Nothing personal, I know you don't hide your identity but why don't you have to substantiate these statements you make? Gene DeFillipo and Frank Spaziani are real people with families, responsibilities and reputations. How can you or I come along and make statements about them that may not be true with out any proof? This is the whole problem with the media. Someone makes a statement about someone that may not be accurate and the burden of proof is on the accused instead of the accuser.

Because he can't publicize his sources... this isn't rocket science.

No, it's not rocket science, it's unsubstantiated irresponsible character assassination of employees of Boston College that reflects poorly on the institution as a whole. It's the old "when did you stop beating your wife?" question. ATL definitly has something to gain by riding this wave. I am sure he gets more eyes on his blog, name and advances his career dreams of being the next Mike Farrell by publicizing these "facts". Put up or shut up!

I don't even know where to start with this, but let me first state that Gene, Spaz and Rogers are all public figures. I am not a lawyer but commenting on their job performance and challenging their public statements is pretty fair game. As for the "real people, with real lives" argument Jags, Skinner, Inglese, Jim Turner, and Jack Bicknell Jr are all real people, with real live and real families, whom Gene D lied about publicly and privately to serve his own agenda.

If I was unwelcome, unwanted or doing harm to BC, then the school would not come to visit me at my home in Atlanta every year, would not to take my money and would certainly not host me at events and ask me to be part of committees.

I have no desire to be Mike Farrell. If anything one of the reasons Scout was such a flame out for me was my unwillingness to chase recruits.

I would love to say who told me. It is not the same person who told me about Ryan Day if that makes any difference. Do these people have agendas? Of course. Am I being used by people who don't like the current situation? Of course.

The situation sucked from the beginning and is only getting worse. The two guys most responsible for this screwed up situation are the co-dependents running our football program.

The reason I started blogging is because I was disgusted how much the media (including EA) covered for TOB after the Syracuse loss. So my MO hasn't really changed -- when something stinks I will say it does. Blauds wrote as scathing an article as he could given his relationship with Spaz and his need to fly on BC's planes. If you think this situation is not fucked up, you are wearing blinders.

I am not wearing blinders, I know the program is not being well run, I am not a fan of Gene and believe Spaz has had his fair chance. The performance on the field shows it. I don't need to start making unsubstantiated personal attacks on them to make it look worse than it is, it's bad and should be fixed, they can't hide two national TV losses that would have been 20 point wins four years ago. Public figures or not, it ain't right to float shit out there that you are not willing to back up especially if you tout yourself some kind of insider quasi-journalist that is not bound journalistic rules or by "having" to ride on a plane with the team and staff.

You tweet and post that Rodgers was fired without comment. You then re-tweet Gene's response with no comment, no blog entry and no post that I see. Now when I ask for proof or some substantiation, you give me your resume and say you do this stuff for the good of BC while trying to say that I don't believe the situation is screwed up, which I have never said. Just look at the comments in this thread that resulted from your tweet/post. One sentence-"Rodgers was fired" and read some of the 200 conclusion jumping posts. Like I have said, I am no fan of the current AD or HC but I can't imagine they are bad people, they dedicate a lot of time and effort to BC, if they are not doing the job, they should be let go. I don't see any need to try to ruin their lives on the way out.

All I am asking for is some substantiation other than "because I love BC and because I said so" before you drop bombs and walk away.

Gene said publically that he has fired people before and if he fired someone he would admit it. You retweeted it without comment, What is your and/or your sources response to that?

I would just like to point out that I am a professional moderator and you made up lies and created in your minda a far fetched scenario of what happened at EI while I was working there and furthermore did not even know the difference between myself and the former publisher of EI while making up your lies. This is my job, you dick! If what you said was true concerning my employment at EI and how it ended Justin would fire me on the spot no questions asked. You are a special kind of stupid. Consider yourself warned. :boxer

Warned for what, asking ATL to back up his accusations and why he hasn't responded to GDF's response to his accusation? You call me a dick and tell me I am stupid and you are warning me? I thought this was the nexus, message board of liberty and free speech. It's the message board of assbag haters other opinions are not welcome. Man, what comes around goes around. This is just Eagle Action all over again without the content.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:00 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

No, it's not rocket science, it's unsubstantiated irresponsible character assassination of employees of Boston College that reflects poorly on the institution as a whole. It's the old "when did you stop beating your wife?" question. ATL definitly has something to gain by riding this wave. I am sure he gets more eyes on his blog, name and advances his career dreams of being the next Mike Farrell by publicizing these "facts". Put up or shut up!

I don't even know where to start with this, but let me first state that Gene, Spaz and Rogers are all public figures. I am not a lawyer but commenting on their job performance and challenging their public statements is pretty fair game. As for the "real people, with real lives" argument Jags, Skinner, Inglese, Jim Turner, and Jack Bicknell Jr are all real people, with real live and real families, whom Gene D lied about publicly and privately to serve his own agenda.

If I was unwelcome, unwanted or doing harm to BC, then the school would not come to visit me at my home in Atlanta every year, would not to take my money and would certainly not host me at events and ask me to be part of committees.

I have no desire to be Mike Farrell. If anything one of the reasons Scout was such a flame out for me was my unwillingness to chase recruits.

I would love to say who told me. It is not the same person who told me about Ryan Day if that makes any difference. Do these people have agendas? Of course. Am I being used by people who don't like the current situation? Of course.

The situation sucked from the beginning and is only getting worse. The two guys most responsible for this screwed up situation are the co-dependents running our football program.

The reason I started blogging is because I was disgusted how much the media (including EA) covered for TOB after the Syracuse loss. So my MO hasn't really changed -- when something stinks I will say it does. Blauds wrote as scathing an article as he could given his relationship with Spaz and his need to fly on BC's planes. If you think this situation is not fucked up, you are wearing blinders.

I am not wearing blinders, I know the program is not being well run, I am not a fan of Gene and believe Spaz has had his fair chance. The performance on the field shows it. I don't need to start making unsubstantiated personal attacks on them to make it look worse than it is, it's bad and should be fixed, they can't hide two national TV losses that would have been 20 point wins four years ago. Public figures or not, it ain't right to float shit out there that you are not willing to back up especially if you tout yourself some kind of insider quasi-journalist that is not bound journalistic rules or by "having" to ride on a plane with the team and staff.

You tweet and post that Rodgers was fired without comment. You then re-tweet Gene's response with no comment, no blog entry and no post that I see. Now when I ask for proof or some substantiation, you give me your resume and say you do this stuff for the good of BC while trying to say that I don't believe the situation is screwed up, which I have never said. Just look at the comments in this thread that resulted from your tweet/post. One sentence-"Rodgers was fired" and read some of the 200 conclusion jumping posts. Like I have said, I am no fan of the current AD or HC but I can't imagine they are bad people, they dedicate a lot of time and effort to BC, if they are not doing the job, they should be let go. I don't see any need to try to ruin their lives on the way out.

All I am asking for is some substantiation other than "because I love BC and because I said so" before you drop bombs and walk away.

Gene said publically that he has fired people before and if he fired someone he would admit it. You retweeted it without comment, What is your and/or your sources response to that?

I would just like to point out that I am a professional moderator and you made up lies and created in your minda a far fetched scenario of what happened at EI while I was working there and furthermore did not even know the difference between myself and the former publisher of EI while making up your lies. This is my job, you dick! If what you said was true concerning my employment at EI and how it ended Justin would fire me on the spot no questions asked. You are a special kind of stupid. Consider yourself warned. :boxer

Warned for what, asking ATL to back up his accusations and why he hasn't responded to GDF's response to his accusation? You call me a dick and tell me I am stupid and you are warning me? I thought this was the nexus, message board of liberty and free speech. It's the message board of assbag haters other opinions are not welcome. Man, what comes around goes around. This is just Eagle Action all over again without the content.

You were quite indignant in your call out of ATL but you have been shown to be a hypocrite. You made up lies about me and my past employment which could harm my current employment or did that like pretty much like everything else go over your head? You should enjoy the freedom to make up a lie about me but ATL should present proof of what he heard concerning coach rogers? As I said you are a special kind of stupid. :boxer
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:10 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

You were quite indignant in your call out of ATL but you have been shown to be a hypocrite. You made up lies about me and my past employment which could harm my current employment or did that like pretty much like everything else go over your head? You should enjoy the freedom to make up a lie about me but ATL should present proof of what he heard concerning coach rogers? As I said you are a special kind of stupid. :boxer

You don't see the difference between me an anonymous poster on a message board making a statement about an anonymous moderator and me calling out aa self proclaimed well known blogger/journalist making claims about what transpired in a private meeting without subtantiation other than the old Kennedy line "don't you know who I am?" and you call me stupid? I am sorry, I don't think I damaged your reputation. and oh by the way, I issued a retraction and explanation of my statement.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Bumpers on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:31 pm

[quote="BCFAN94"][/quote]

You really have no idea what a source is, do you. Here's crazy idea, even though I know you won't do it because it will really put a damper on your shilling. Go and read what a source is, and why a reporter (ATL gets press credentials, I'm pretty sure), cannot real the source's identity, and can even legally claim a privilege. A little education goes a long way.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby weinerdog on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:38 pm

I tried to explain this to him already. He doesn't get it.
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bumpers on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:41 pm

weinerdog {l Wrote}:I tried to explain this to him already. He doesn't get it.

Sorry, my head asploded reading this guy's shill drivel.

:banghead
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

You really have no idea what a source is, do you. Here's crazy idea, even though I know you won't do it because it will really put a damper on your shilling. Go and read what a source is, and why a reporter (ATL gets press credentials, I'm pretty sure), cannot real the source's identity, and can even legally claim a privilege. A little education goes a long way.

The dude gets press credentials because he posts on a free blogging site. If that is what is required for press credentials, we could all have press credetials. Here's an education for you PRESS CREDENTIALS DO NOT EQUAL CREDIBILITY. The guy is not a journalist, he is an internet blogger. I am almost positive he has a day job that has no connection to being a journalist. My only point is that we don't need to add unsubstantiated BS when the performance on the field sucks. Was he in the meeting? Was his source in the meeting? Winning on the field is what counts, you don't need to beat these guys up personally, they have failed in what counts, winning. That's enough, they are not getting the job done. Let's be honest here, if they were winning, we wouldn't give a shit of who Gene hired, fired or interviewed Why are people who are attacking me for asking for some substantiation of this crap? I don't know Spaz or Gene but I just can't believe that they are bad people. Fire them for performance, there is no need to be a shit stirrer even if you are a shit stirrer with press credentials.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby weinerdog on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:49 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

The dude gets press credentials because he posts on a free blogging site. If that is what is required for press credentials, we could all have press credetials. Here's an education for you PRESS CREDENTIALS DO NOT EQUAL CREDIBILITY. The guy is not a journalist, he is an internet blogger. I am almost positive he has a day job that has no connection to being a journalist. My only point is that we don't need to add unsubstantiated BS when the performance on the field sucks. Was he in the meeting? Was his source in the meeting? Winning on the field is what counts, you don't need to beat these guys up personally, they have failed in what counts, winning. That's enough, they are not getting the job done. Let's be honest here, if they were winning, we wouldn't give a shit of who Gene hired, fired or interviewed Why are people who are attacking me for asking for some substantiation of this crap? I don't know Spaz or Gene but I just can't believe that they are bad people. Fire them for performance, there is no need to be a shit stirrer even if you are a shit stirrer with press credentials.

Still not getting it...
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:57 pm

weinerdog {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Still not getting it...

Oh no, I get it. Many of you guys are Obama Democrats who have no shame and will support ANYTHING that advances your agenda.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:19 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
weinerdog {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Still not getting it...

Oh no, I get it. Many of you guys are Obama Democrats who have no shame and will support ANYTHING that advances your agenda.

No, you really are a fucking idiot.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:21 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

I can see the sneer on your face as you typed the word blogger. Newslfash moron, "blogger" doesn't mean what it used to. Ask Deadspin about that.
Last edited by ryrob on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:21 pm

I like to reply to every post.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:24 pm

People that graduated from BC in 1994 are stupid.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Bumpers on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:28 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Two things. First, get out of the sandbox. These guys play a big boy game in the big boy world. They get big money, live high profile and work on contracts. With those perks come realities, number one of which is they KNOW AND EXPECT criticism, fair and unfair. If they were the kind of sissy who withers in the face of unfair criticism, they'd never be in the positions they have. Point is, your "woe is their families" and "they're good people" completely falls on deaf ears. They are public figures, its gloves off. ATL mentioned this earlier in the NYT v. Sullivan sense, but it has a practical impact on your argument, too.

Look, when you root for a pro sports team, and the player making $12M a year f's up and costs a game or a season, do you say "oh, that's ok Mr. Overpaid Sports Guy, you really tried hard, and you're probably a good person because you have that foundation for retards (tm TWB), and you probably have some baby mommas and bastards waiting for your child support checks, so we'll see you next year!!!!"

Of course not, you curse him out, MF his existence and rag about him on your fantasy message board. No difference for :pickle and :spaz3.

Second, ATL gets press credentials because he IS a journalist. Maybe this is news to you (disclaimer, I'm not a journalist even though I'm delivering news to you), but there is no regulating body licensing people as journalists. Its an intentional and necessarily loose definition, especially in today's age. One person's blogger is another's journalist.

ATL says he has sources. You a free to disbelieve this, as clearly you do. But you can't unrmine his credibility by saying he has no credibility unless he reveals his sources. That's just an argument designed on a false premise designed to be impenetrable, and that, my friend, is just intellectually disingenuous. So, good for you for revealing that you are nothing other than a shill for :pickle and :spaz3 , because there is no other explanation for your intellectual dishonesty.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:29 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:People that graduated from BC in 1994 are stupid.

How the hell do you have + 12000 karma?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:30 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

I'm very charming.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

AC gives the very best blowjobs of anyone on the board, using his butt.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Two things. First, get out of the sandbox. These guys play a big boy game in the big boy world. They get big money, live high profile and work on contracts. With those perks come realities, number one of which is they KNOW AND EXPECT criticism, fair and unfair. If they were the kind of sissy who withers in the face of unfair criticism, they'd never be in the positions they have. Point is, your "woe is their families" and "they're good people" completely falls on deaf ears. They are public figures, its gloves off. ATL mentioned this earlier in the NYT v. Sullivan sense, but it has a practical impact on your argument, too.

Look, when you root for a pro sports team, and the player making $12M a year f's up and costs a game or a season, do you say "oh, that's ok Mr. Overpaid Sports Guy, you really tried hard, and you're probably a good person because you have that foundation for retards (tm TWB), and you probably have some baby mommas and bastards waiting for your child support checks, so we'll see you next year!!!!"

Of course not, you curse him out, MF his existence and rag about him on your fantasy message board. No difference for :pickle and :spaz3.

Second, ATL gets press credentials because he IS a journalist. Maybe this is news to you (disclaimer, I'm not a journalist even though I'm delivering news to you), but there is no regulating body licensing people as journalists. Its an intentional and necessarily loose definition, especially in today's age. One person's blogger is another's journalist.

ATL says he has sources. You a free to disbelieve this, as clearly you do. But you can't unrmine his credibility by saying he has no credibility unless he reveals his sources. That's just an argument designed on a false premise designed to be impenetrable, and that, my friend, is just intellectually disingenuous. So, good for you for revealing that you are nothing other than a shill for :pickle and :spaz3 , because there is no other explanation for your intellectual dishonesty.

You need to post more. Textbook ruination.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:49 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Put the crack pipe down.

If we're going to be intellectually honest, calling ATL a journalist is like calling a guy who operates a microwave oven a nuclear physicist. Sorry but every guy who has a computer and an internet connection is not a journalist.

edit: and I don't need some government agency to tell me that.
Last edited by BCFAN94 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:51 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Put the crack pipe down.

If we're going to be intellectually honest, calling ATL a journalist is like calling a guy who operates a microwave oven a nuclear physicist. Sorry but every guy who has a computer and an internet connection is not a journalist.

Do you know how to read?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:55 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Put the crack pipe down.

edit: and I don't need some government agency to tell me that.

What did you do between high school and BC? Just wondering how an 80-year-old man graduated from college in 1994.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:55 pm

cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Harry Seaward on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:38 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:The dude gets press credentials because he posts on a free blogging site. If that is what is required for press credentials, we could all have press credetials. Here's an education for you PRESS CREDENTIALS DO NOT EQUAL CREDIBILITY. The guy is not a journalist, he is an internet blogger. I am almost positive he has a day job that has no connection to being a journalist. My only point is that we don't need to add unsubstantiated BS when the performance on the field sucks. Was he in the meeting? Was his source in the meeting? Winning on the field is what counts, you don't need to beat these guys up personally, they have failed in what counts, winning. That's enough, they are not getting the job done. Let's be honest here, if they were winning, we wouldn't give a shit of who Gene hired, fired or interviewed Why are people who are attacking me for asking for some substantiation of this crap? I don't know Spaz or Gene but I just can't believe that they are bad people. Fire them for performance, there is no need to be a shit stirrer even if you are a shit stirrer with press credentials.

If it's so easy to get press credentials, then do it. If you can get the same press credentials as ATL, I'll give you a blowjob.
Harry Seaward
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:13 pm

When you ask yourself why Gene can not fire luigi well here is a priceless quote from Smilin' Gene:

Matt (atlanta): What is your vision for BC football? In deciding to join the ACC, I assume our thought was we could compete for ACC championships. Without pointing fingers, it seems like things are going in the wrong direction - what is your plan to right the ship?
Gene DeFilippo: My vision for Boston College football is to win the ACC Championship and play in the Orange Bowl. In the five years that we have been in the ACC, we have played in the championship game twice and we have the best record in the Atlantic Division since we joined. We have the third-best conference record in the ACC since we joined; only Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech have won more games than BC in that time period. There was noone more disappointed than me when we losts five consecutive games, but this program is headed in the right direction. The next several years are going to be very good years around here. There is no need to panic.
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:The dude gets press credentials because he posts on a free blogging site. If that is what is required for press credentials, we could all have press credetials. Here's an education for you PRESS CREDENTIALS DO NOT EQUAL CREDIBILITY. The guy is not a journalist, he is an internet blogger. I am almost positive he has a day job that has no connection to being a journalist. My only point is that we don't need to add unsubstantiated BS when the performance on the field sucks. Was he in the meeting? Was his source in the meeting? Winning on the field is what counts, you don't need to beat these guys up personally, they have failed in what counts, winning. That's enough, they are not getting the job done. Let's be honest here, if they were winning, we wouldn't give a shit of who Gene hired, fired or interviewed Why are people who are attacking me for asking for some substantiation of this crap? I don't know Spaz or Gene but I just can't believe that they are bad people. Fire them for performance, there is no need to be a shit stirrer even if you are a shit stirrer with press credentials.

If it's so easy to get press credentials, then do it. If you can get the same press credentials as ATL, I'll give you a blowjob.

It's a solid offer but I think I will pass. Why don't you give ATL the favor obviously you have an affinity for guys with press credentials.

Other responses,

I can read.

I am not 80.

Between HS and BC, I worked had a lot of fun and actually attended a few different colleges while traveling around the northeast.

These guys are certainly playing in a big sandbox and should be prepared for what comes with it. Doesn't mean it's right or I have to like it.

Come on with the creditibility with this guy or calling him a journalist. One of his recent sources include "a reliable poster on an anonymous message board". Although I know he was referring to Big Nick, is that an acceptable source to put something in print?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Harry Seaward on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:18 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:

It's a solid offer but I think I will pass. Why don't you give ATL the favor obviously you have an affinity for guys with press credentials.

Other responses,

I can read.

I am not 80.

Between HS and BC, I worked had a lot of fun and actually attended a few different colleges while traveling around the northeast.

These guys are certainly playing in a big sandbox and should be prepared for what comes with it. Doesn't mean it's right or I have to like it.

Come on with the creditibility with this guy or calling him a journalist. One of his recent sources include "a reliable poster on an anonymous message board". Although I know he was referring to Big Nick, is that an acceptable source to put something in print?

Do you not believe it is as easy as you say it is to get press credentials? All you have to do is set up a website. That takes five minutes. Why won't you do that?
Harry Seaward
Carney Hall

Postby ObserverCollege on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:44 pm

I am really saddened to see BCFan94, not to mention BC's video coordinator, being abused like this, for simply sharing truth. AtlEagle is a blogger, not a journalist. Atl has not taken one single course in stenography. He clearly has not taken even a basic course in MS-Word, as he still can't figure out how to simply "cut and paste" from GDF's press release or Coach Spaziani's email without inserting original thoughts (Oh, and by the way, Atl, it's <CTRL-X> and then <CTRL-V>. Not. That. Hard.).

Perhaps most damning, Atl utterly fails to pump up recruits in exchange for access. He asks questions no reporter doing right by a football team is supposed to ask, like "why is BC signing guys in June who otherwise would end up at FCS schools?" Does Mike Farrell ever ask such a question? Does Mark Blaudschun? No and no.

If Atl would stop questioning the GM and the Coach, nobody in the YAC would have a problem with Atl. Atl's problem is that he got all worked up over Syracuse upsetting BC in 2004, as if BC somehow belonged in the BCS. Yet wouldn't a BCS bid then put far too much unwarranted pressure on the program now? Blaudschun understood that. Farrell understood that. Herbstreit understood that. Holtz. James. All the experts in college football understood that. Yet rather than go talk to a therapist or something, Atl decided to start a blog. And now he's asking unhelpful questions about why the former Offensive Coordinator didn't know he was sick. That begets others asking why no player mentioned concern for Rogers's health and well-being, and why the announcers never expressed concern for Rogers, etc. Does that help anyone keep their job? Uh, no. Learn from experts like Blaudschun and Farrell. Stop being part of the problem, and start being part of the solution.
Last edited by ObserverCollege on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shake down the Thunder!!!
ObserverCollege
Carney Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:47 pm

I think this may be the best ObserverCollege post ever. That was amazing.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby janebc on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:48 pm

ObserverCollege {l Wrote}:I am really saddened to see BCFan94, not to mention BC's video coordinator, being abused like this, for simply sharing truth. AtlEagle is a blogger, not a journalist. Atl has not taken one single course in stenography. He clearly has not taken even a basic course in MS-Word, as he still can't figure out how to simply "cut and paste" from GDF's press release or Coach Spaziani's email without inserting orignal thoughts (Oh, and by the way, Atl, it's <CTRL-X> and then <CTRL-V>. Not. That. Hard.).

Perhaps most damning, Atl utterly fails to pump up recruits in exchange for access. He asks questions no reporter doing right by a football team is supposed to ask, like "why is BC signing guys in June who otherwise would end up at FCS schools?" Does Mike Farrell ever ask such a question? Does Mark Blaudschun? No and no.

If Atl would stop questioning the GM and the Coach, nobody in the YAC would have a problem with Atl. Atl's problem is that he got all worked up over Syracuse upsetting BC in 2004, as if BC somehow belonged in the BCS. Yet wouldn't a BCS bid then put far too much unwarranted pressure on the program now? Blaudschun understood that. Farrell understood that. Herbstreit understood that. Holtz. James. All the experts in college football understood that. Yet rather than go talk to a therapist or something, Atl decided to start a blog. And now he's asking unhelpful questions about why the former Offensive Coordinator didn't know he was sick. That begets others asking why no player mentioned concern for Rogers's health and well-being, and why the announcers never expressed concern for Rogers, etc. Does that help anyone keep their job? Uh, no. Learn from experts like Blaudschun and Farrell. Stop being part of the problem, and start being part of the solution.

And it's all Freese's fault. Coach Spaz put the team in a position to beat DUKE and he just flat out failed to do his job.
janebc
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium