Rogers was fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rogers was fired

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:49 pm

BLOWJOB!! BLOWJOB!!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:38 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It is pretty well known who I am. I used to cover the team as a student. Since I have worked freelance for various sites. I've said from the beginning on this that I cannot prove it beyond saying it is what happened.

Nothing personal, I know you don't hide your identity but why don't you have to substantiate these statements you make? Gene DeFillipo and Frank Spaziani are real people with families, responsibilities and reputations. How can you or I come along and make statements about them that may not be true with out any proof? This is the whole problem with the media. Someone makes a statement about someone that may not be accurate and the burden of proof is on the accused instead of the accuser.

Because he can't publicize his sources... this isn't rocket science. Take unsubstantiated rumors for what their worth. They're coming from a guy without an agenda, whose been generally accurate in the past (with admitted notable exceptions). Judge for yourself, don't shoot the messenger.

Coming from "a guy without an agenda"?!!!!? ATL's whole anti GDF/Spaz campaign he has been pushing for 2+ years is 100% because of his agenda. He had a very close conection to Jags. He will never forgive GDF for letting Jags go, no matter what the reason was. And he has been very wrong recently. I would say his breaking the news that Day was the new OC lost him a little cred.

ATL does a great job. He runs the best BC blog out there. He's a BC guy all the way, but he absolutely has an agenda! It is what it is. However, I'm sure he believes he has the BCs best interest in mind.

Fact is there is probably more to the Rogers thing than meets the eye but I do not for one sec believe or think he was fired. Was it a mutual parting of the ways maybe, was his heart not in it maybe, was he sick maybe, or maybe it's some combination. Who knows?

Northend is well meaning too, but Gene signs his paychecks so take that for what it is worth. Do you want to split hairs on firing/losing his job. Northend, answer the following questions since you are there in the building:

1. Did Kevin Rogers know he was losing his job when he entered the meeting?
2. Did Kevin Rogers want to leave BC prior to that meeting?
3. Did Kevin Rogers "health" have anything to do with why he is no longer the OC at BC?

You can spin it and say it was mutual, but Rogers didn't know he was losing his job and didn't want to leave prior to that meeting.

I have absolutely no idea. No one does.
CONSIDER THIS ACCOUNT CLOSED
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:01 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It is pretty well known who I am. I used to cover the team as a student. Since I have worked freelance for various sites. I've said from the beginning on this that I cannot prove it beyond saying it is what happened.

Nothing personal, I know you don't hide your identity but why don't you have to substantiate these statements you make? Gene DeFillipo and Frank Spaziani are real people with families, responsibilities and reputations. How can you or I come along and make statements about them that may not be true with out any proof? This is the whole problem with the media. Someone makes a statement about someone that may not be accurate and the burden of proof is on the accused instead of the accuser.

Because he can't publicize his sources... this isn't rocket science. Take unsubstantiated rumors for what their worth. They're coming from a guy without an agenda, whose been generally accurate in the past (with admitted notable exceptions). Judge for yourself, don't shoot the messenger.

Coming from "a guy without an agenda"?!!!!? ATL's whole anti GDF/Spaz campaign he has been pushing for 2+ years is 100% because of his agenda. He had a very close conection to Jags. He will never forgive GDF for letting Jags go, no matter what the reason was. And he has been very wrong recently. I would say his breaking the news that Day was the new OC lost him a little cred.

ATL does a great job. He runs the best BC blog out there. He's a BC guy all the way, but he absolutely has an agenda! It is what it is. However, I'm sure he believes he has the BCs best interest in mind.

Fact is there is probably more to the Rogers thing than meets the eye but I do not for one sec believe or think he was fired. Was it a mutual parting of the ways maybe, was his heart not in it maybe, was he sick maybe, or maybe it's some combination. Who knows?

Northend is well meaning too, but Gene signs his paychecks so take that for what it is worth. Do you want to split hairs on firing/losing his job. Northend, answer the following questions since you are there in the building:

3. Did Kevin Rogers "health" have anything to do with why he is no longer the OC at BC?

You can spin it and say it was mutual, but Rogers didn't know he was losing his job and didn't want to leave prior to that meeting.

Thanks for the inside information. So you should probably just keep your mouth shut because you clearly do not know anything, right? GDIAF. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:07 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Image

THANK YOU!!!!

Hey BCFAN, I had press credentials as a 23-year old kid. Do you know what I had to do to attain them? Give the Boston Herald 6 samples of my writing and wear a tie to my interview. Boom. Instant journalist. Oh yeah, I had credentials as an intern for the Globe in college, too. There it was my CD reviews for Rock is Life The Heights that got me the lofty title of Journalist.

Point being, there's no standards or oversight for people to become a journalist. It's pretty much the same thing as setting up shop on the internet. Yeah, someone has to hire you, but honestly with the industry in the state its in, a lot of suspect people are getting hired by publications. Read your local paper this AM end to end and circle all the spelling and grammar errors you find. There will be a lot. And one of the main qualifications of Journalism is being able to use the the English language well.

So no, there is not a lot of difference betwseen ATL and someone like Blaudschun reporitng something using the ominous heading of "sources say." Blauds does it a lot and I'm pretty sure his inside sources have been the BC blogging/message board community a few times. If ATL is publishing damaging or reckless information, then BC and the athletic community will stop feeding him info, sitting down for itnerviews, and inviting him to events. His readership will dry up and people will go elsewhere for their info. He has a stake in keeping things above board for his own sake.

I'm not even going to get into your "boo hoo won't someone think of those poor public figures before speaking irresponsibly" crap.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:53 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:People that graduated from BC in 1994 are stupid.

How the hell do you have + 12000 karma?

It's the bulge in the picture. I can't help myself. I see it and I just vote green every time. C'mon, admit it, you love it too.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 am

JeffJagodzinski {l Wrote}:I warned him ahead of time to stay away from the dental hygienists. he ignored my advice. i do not feel sorry for him one bit.

Who was the Ohio mom who drew your "attention"?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:29 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:ATL, are you done writing about the Rogers situation, or will there be followup?

ATL, I hope you don't own a horse.

Godfather reference or you think with all the blogging re - GDF, Rogers etc. - he just won't have time to properly care for a horse?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:39 am

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:ATL, are you done writing about the Rogers situation, or will there be followup?

Godfather reference or you think with all the blogging re - GDF, Rogers etc. - he just won't have time to properly care for a horse?

The only time I've been face to face with Gene since becoming critical of his tenure was two years ago at a cocktail party in Atlanta. He was very nice and made no reference to the blog. But it wasn't one on one. Mod6A was in the same circle and that is when Gene discussed Riley Skinner.

As for Gene's "minions," Steve Novak has always been very friendly with me.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:52 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

The only time I've been face to face with Gene since becoming critical of his tenure was two years ago at a cocktail party in Atlanta. He was very nice and made no reference to the blog. But it wasn't one on one. Mod6A was in the same circle and that is when Gene discussed Riley Skinner.

OK so one aspect of DO's question has been answered - you don't fear Gene will go all Godfather on you.

Because I too am an aspiring journalist I will demand answers to both possible interpretations of DO's question - if someone bought you a horse would you have the space and time to properly care for it?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:06 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}: ATL, I hope you don't own a horse.

I also have a follow-up question ATL

Do you think that Domingo just doesn't like you and is hoping that you don't have a horse out of spite?
Last edited by NotoriousOrange on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby BigPete on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:19 am

I still think the board sucks but this is an interesting thread.

Can we have a 'put him in the fucking bathroom' type of interactivity on the site where 94 continues to post but there is some asterisk such that we know he has been put in the fucking bathroom? Because that motherfucker and his stupid posts belongs in the bathroom. Wang and Justin, look into this immediately.

Go fuck yourself 94, you stink.

Long live Kiwi, the kids who commit to 6 years of military service and a hellish experience in lieu of 4 years waking and baking and ATL Eagle.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:31 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:I still think the board sucks but this is an interesting thread.

Can we have a 'put him in the fucking bathroom' type of interactivity on the site where 94 continues to post but there is some asterisk such that we know he has been put in the fucking bathroom? Because that motherfucker and his stupid posts belongs in the bathroom. Wang and Justin, look into this immediately.

Long live Kiwi, the kids who commit to 6 years of military service and a hellish experience in lieu of 4 years waking and baking and ATL Eagle.

:flagus
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

OK so one aspect of DO's question has been answered - you don't fear Gene will go all Godfather on you.

Because I too am an aspiring journalist I will demand answers to both possible interpretations of DO's question - if someone bought you a horse would you have the space and time to properly care for it?

I once visited a butcher shop in Venice that specialized in horse meat.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:47 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I once visited a botcher shop in Venice that specialized in horse meat.

So if I understand your inference correctly you think that if ATL owned a horse it would taste bad?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:50 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

So if I understand your inference correctly you think that if ATL owned a horse it would taste bad?

How did this take you so long?
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:52 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

People refused to answer my questions in a timely manner - and by people I mean you
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

People refused to answer my questions in a timely manner - and by people I mean you

To this I am sorry but as I am sure you know, one must be careful on The Nexus as you never know when you might step on a meat bomb.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:04 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

To this I am sorry but as I am sure you know, one must be careful on The Nexus as you never know when you might step on a meat bomb.

Oh, and not to get off topic, and pull a 74, but Rogers was not fired, he quit during halftime of the directional Florida game.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:10 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:I still think the board sucks but this is an interesting thread.

God bless America, and no place else. :flagus
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Oh, and not to get off topic, and pull a 74, but Rogers was not fired, he quit during halftime of the directional Florida game.

I heard that as well. Something about Francisco Spazerelli not being pleased with the offense and forcefully telling Rogers about it during halftime.... :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I heard that as well. Something about Francisco Spazerelli not being pleased with the offense and forcefully telling Rogers about it during halftime.... :ace

On a previous page I posted that he quit. I win!
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:36 pm

You're all wrong.....

Coach just wanted to take a little break before the "End of the World"
Those of you planning a road trip to Va Tech, might want to make some adjustments......

:D

http://judgementday2011.com/
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:24 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

On a previous page I posted that he quit. I win!

Chicken dinner!
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:42 am

basselope {l Wrote}:You're all wrong.....

Coach just wanted to take a little break before the "End of the World"
Those of you planning a road trip to Va Tech, might want to make some adjustments......

:D

http://judgementday2011.com/

Is the team or at least the offense going to dedicate this game against UMass to its fallen OC? We as the BC Community need to raise awareness of this "health issue" that Coach Rogers has so others do not get it! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:07 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Oh, and not to get off topic, and pull a 74, but Rogers was not fired, he quit during halftime of the directional Florida game.

Does anyone know if he was calling the plays and involved with the team in the 2nd half - or did he stay in the locker room?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Oh, and not to get off topic, and pull a 74, but Rogers was not fired, he quit during halftime of the directional Florida game.

Does anyone know if he was calling the plays and involved with the team in the 2nd half - or did he stay in the locker room?

i'd just like to chime in here and tell you that i don't know anything about this

Me neither.

Blog boy - can you chime in on this latest version of how it went down?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i'd just like to chime in here and tell you that i don't know anything about this

Very polite not to leave me hanging -

Same to you DGF - (By the way DGF is an anagram of GDF - not sure what to do with this info - but I thought it was important to inform you)
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Thanks for the inside information. So you should probably just keep your mouth shut because you clearly do not know anything, right? GDIAF. :ace

There just isn't any inside info to share. The story in the building (and I don't work in Yawkey never said I did) is that he left for medical reasons. Its that simple. That is why I find it hard to beleive that ATL would "know" differently and isn't just speculating. Like I said ATL has his agenda. He was a Jags guy.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

There just isn't any inside info to share. The story in the building (and I don't work in Yawkey never said I did) is that he left for medical reasons. Its that simple. That is why I find it hard to beleive that ATL would "know" differently and isn't just speculating. Like I said ATL has his agenda. He was a Jags guy.

and as has been countered previously, you're paycheck is signed by an underling of the person you're defending, which makes your interests significantly conflicted.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:15 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

and as has been countered previously, you're paycheck is signed by an underling of the person you're defending, which makes your interests significantly conflicted.

Also not true.....
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium