Coaching Candidates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Candidates

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 am

Gildbride is at least 10yrs older than what I want. I am still on Diaco, even though it may be boom or bust.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 am

Hypothetical:

Golden is willing to come and BB is convinced it is a home run, but it will cost $3m/yr. Does Leahy, BOT,BB pull the trigger?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:39 am

Steven Lively, if you are on this board, please contact me. I would like to talk to you about your zany and madcap antics. Not sure if it's for show or if you have a clinical condition. It intrigues me.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:48 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Hypothetical:

Golden is willing to come and BB is convinced it is a home run, but it will cost $3m/yr. Does Leahy, BOT,BB pull the trigger?

If they are convinced that he is the guy to bring the prgram back...then yes. If you are payig a HC $3M per year however, the goal is not just 8-4 records and the Belk Bowl....it is 10-2 or better, ACCG/BCS appearances and runs at national titles....in other words it is Stanford East. I like it.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm

mloyko54 {l Wrote}:Schefter says many NFL coordinators are interested in becoming BC Head Coach..Lists - Kromer, PCMJ, Roman, Sullivan, Kevin Gilbride and Chris Palmer

Outside of Diaco and guys who aren't interviewing who should be (Calhoun, Hudspeth, Dykes), the NFL guys are much better than the college candidates. I also wouldn't mind seeing guys like Jay Gruden and Mike McCoy mentioned. As for Gilbride and Palmer, they are both the same age as Spaz... which means that they can't get the job. We are talking major age discrimination case here at BC after what Spaz did to the program.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:10 pm

If Roman and Diaco are interested, as it seems they are, the list should be 2.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If Roman and Diaco are interested, as it seems they are, the list should be 2.

Seconded
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If Roman and Diaco are interested, as it seems they are, the list should be 2.

Seconded

Thirded
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm surprised Rex Ryan hasn't been mentioned. Things would come full circle.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthded

Rex isn't getting fired
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby mloyko54 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Didn't take long but Blauds is already becoming negative about BB coaching search. Asks what he's doing while other teams are hiring.. it's like Blauds thinks the only candidates in the world are the ones he named on his made up list.
mloyko54
n00b

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:45 pm

First Cincy, now USF. As jobs fill-up, more open.

USF fired Skip Holtz. Remember when he made some crap statements about turning down BC when we hired Spazoo and only wanted to leave ECU for a top program like USF?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:47 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:First Cincy, now USF. As jobs fill-up, more open.

thank god skip holtz is available. we need purdue to pick him up so that we can land wanny.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:50 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthded

Rex isn't getting fired

Look for Chris Palmer to be coaching BC in the fall....as Roman's QB coach/Asst OC. Palmer was Roman's boss in Houston when Palmer was the OC and Roman was the QB coach there. They hire Roman, this offense will be really good. Hopefully they get a good D Coordinator. This will be a sign that the new regime is committed to upgrading the program and becoming the Stanford of The East. Interesting that Roman went to catholic HS in Jersey and graduated from John Carroll in Cleveland...a Jesuit college. Just sayin'.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 pm

golden should be the focus. if hes a no go, agreed. no reason to go outside those two, provided one would take the job.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:06 pm

westcoastbernie {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthded

Rex isn't getting fired

Look for Chris Palmer to be coaching BC in the fall....as Roman's QB coach/Asst OC. Palmer was Roman's boss in Houston when Palmer was the OC and Roman was the QB coach there. They hire Roman, this offense will be really good. Hopefully they get a good D Coordinator. This will be a sign that the new regime is committed to upgrading the program and becoming the Stanford of The East. Interesting that Roman went to catholic HS in Jersey and graduated from John Carroll in Cleveland...a Jesuit college. Just sayin'.

He went to John Carroll? Is that school better or worse than Springfield College?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:11 pm

ACC
Boston College
NC State - Dave Doeren

Big East
USF

B1G
Purdue

Pac-12
Cal
Colorado

SEC
Arkansas
Auburn
Kentucky - Mark Stoops
Tennessee

Mid-Majors
Idaho
Northern Illinois
Southern Miss
UTEP
Western Michigan
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:46 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthded

Rex isn't getting fired

He went to John Carroll? Is that school better or worse than Springfield College?

Don Shula and Josh McDaniels went to JC.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:47 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthded

Rex isn't getting fired

Well, their alumni include Tim Russert, Don Shula, Brian and Chris Polian, Josh McDaniels....and Eric Carmen ("All By Myself")....does that make it better?? I think Springfield produced James Naismith, Steve Spagnuolo, a former AD at an ACC school ...and Don Ho ("Tiny Bubbles")...you decide.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Houston Nutt is "very interested" in the USF job. Does that mean he's no longer interested in us?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Feldman says Mario Cristobal is in the mix for USF.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:13 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Seconded

Thirded

Fourthded

Rex isn't getting fired

Fifthed! And as a fins fan I sure hope you're right Rex stays and keeps that bum Sanchez with him.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:10 pm

reports coming out that indeed bates met with disco
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:reports coming out that indeed bates met with disco

Hoffses is saying he will interview Monday or Tuesday.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby mloyko54 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Since he's been at Notre Dame he has recruited:

Prince Shembo (4 star)
Bennett Jackson (3 star)
Kendall Moore (4 star)
Ishaq Williams (5 star)
Elijah Shumate (4 star)
Jarron Jones (4 star)

and this year he has landed Anelzone and Everett OT John Montelus. Both 4 stars
mloyko54
n00b

Postby h2o on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

It's refreshing to hear that Bates seems to be going all out to hire the best coach for BC. And it sounds like he's got the budget to make it happen. So far Bates is saying and doing all the right things and it looks like we have an AD that knows what it takes to make BC a player in today's college landscape.

Of course, I reserve the right to retract all of this based on the hire.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:50 pm

If Mike Sullivan can land the BC job does he need to be able to bring Hafley.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:58 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:

He plays a bend-but-don't-break defense. Isn't that exactly the type of defense that the last HC we hired ran? I understand some of Spaz's defenses were really good (2008) but they were inconsistent mostly (2007 defense broke down in the 2 losses). I kinda want to move away from that. Also, while he's known as a good recruiter, it's not like he was known as a great recruiter.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Ameriflight is a cargo carrier - did BB hide out in a box and surprise Diaco?

This post cracked me up
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

He plays a bend-but-don't-break defense. Isn't that exactly the type of defense that the last HC we hired ran? I understand some of Spaz's defenses were really good (2008) but they were inconsistent mostly (2007 defense broke down in the 2 losses). I kinda want to move away from that. Also, while he's known as a good recruiter, it's not like he was known as a great recruiter.

Is there such thing as a shut-down, pressing defense in this day and age in CFB? If there is such a thing, wouldn't it be ND's defense this year? Perhaps others such as some we've seen in the SEC in recent years. The common denominator was an entire defense of excellent athletes. We will never see 12 superior athletes on the defensive side, but we can be successful with a couple of stars, a bunch of solid players, and a good scheme. I think Diaco has capitalized on both fronts.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium