Coaching Candidates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Candidates

Postby BCWest on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:08 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Putting golden in play is setting everyone up to be miserable if and when the hire is made and it is not golden. Somehow, he has become the one guy left who can save our program. Diaco, will all of a sudden become the "typical, safe BC hire". then someone will leak inside information that golden would have taken the job for 5 years at 2.5 million per, but BC found his demands to be too extravagant. then we will have months of argument about whether BC is really committed to excellence on the football field. Next will be Leahy's true desire to move to the athletic program to a academic, Patriot league environment.

If it is not Golden, Diaco or Roman, but someone like Sullivan, PC JR, Lembo or someone else, then we will be in for epic level meltdown.

If the boards lose it over Sullivan or PC Jr that is too bad. I don't think Sullivan made the cut. As of this weekend, he has not been contacted. Full disclosure, I like him. Not as much as the top three listed here, Golden, Diaco and ROman.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm

1: Golden
1a: Diaco
3: Roman/Sullivan
5: Carmichael
6: The rest
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby fs33 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:11 pm

I'd be happy if we end up hiring Diaco, but I will be pissed the first time one of my UMass buddies points to Charley Molnar and makes the "Hey, we are same. Brothers!" argument.

fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCWest on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:14 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The only real downside of Diaco is that once he is hired and has success, HJS will post a million times about how we are going to lose him to Iowa.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html
Only 999,999 to go...

Great post.

I don't think Mrs Diaco wants to live in Iowa. But let the posts begin.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:20 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:I don't think Mrs Diaco wants to live in Iowa. But let the posts begin.

This is why BCWest is the man. He's even got moles inside DiDi Diaco's quilting bee.

I'm just assuming that her name is DiDi because that would be sweet.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm

I like Sullivan too. My ONLY hesitation would be based upon how long he's been away from college. But, otherwise, he is an excellent candidate. Same, BTW, goes for PCJR. Nonetheless, if the Final 3 are really Golden, Roman and Diaco... I can't see how anyone could be disappointed if we closed on one of them.

http://www.firekirk.com/
3 down... 999,997 to go...
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
BCWest {l Wrote}:I don't think Mrs Diaco wants to live in Iowa. But let the posts begin.

This is why BCWest is the man. He's even got moles inside DiDi Diaco's quilting bee.

And if her initials are triple-D, I am assuming she has a tremendous, well-endowed.... sense of charity.

We to get it, FHCBD.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

And if her initials are triple-D, I am assuming she has a tremendous, well-endowed.... sense of charity.

We to get it, FHCBD.

if this is the case, i look forward to the first scrush-like family photo

p and s - "A native of Cedar Grove, N.J., Bob and his wife, Julia, have three children - Angelo, Josephine, and Michael." at the ripe old age of 39 i'm guessing his kids are still in the 94fan age range so i strike my previous comment
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCWest on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:29 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

We to get it, FHCBD.

If that criteria mattered, BC would have hired Hudspeth a week ago! Tyla Hudspeth.....
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:31 pm

With J Dia, no wonder Bob Diaco is such a great recruiter.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:32 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

We to get it, FHCBD.

if this is the case, i look forward to the first scrush-like family photo

p and s - "A native of Cedar Grove, N.J., Bob and his wife, Julia, have three children - Angelo, Josephine, and Michael." at the ripe old age of 39 i'm guessing his kids are still in the 94fan age range so i strike my previous comment

i am also assuming that his wife, julia diaco, is not the same rumsonite that was labelled "the pot princess of nyu"

http://gothamist.com/2004/04/28/nyu_fre ... _drugs.php
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:36 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

We to get it, FHCBD.

If that criteria mattered, BC would have hired Hudspeth a week ago! Tyla Hudspeth.....

You are correct, sir!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1175 ... ves/page/2
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Actually the timing in Iowa seems to be working to BC's advantage if we hire Diaco. Ferentz is getting one more year presumably, if they were going to fire him they would have done it by now. And BC is going to be awful next year, regardless of who the coach is--whoever takes the job is going to see their stock take a temporary dip before hopefully taking off. Assuming the Iowa job opens up a year from now, there's a good chance their boosters will focus on the 4-8 season he just had and forget about why he got the BC job in the first place.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
BCWest {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

We to get it, FHCBD.

You are correct, sir!

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}: I could see TOB and Spaz reuniting to put an end to London's career.

I'm chuckling like a moron at this one.

We all know that Spaz is done. He's already turned his buyout into a down payment on a yacht called "Bankin' Skollies."

He and Skinner can have races on the Res with Al's yacht name "Bankin' TO's."
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:06 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
BCWest {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

We to get it, FHCBD.

You are correct, sir!

MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:10 pm

I might have to go "bank a few schollies" after seeing that.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

We to get it, FHCBD.

Shouldn't it be FUIHCBD?
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:57 pm

I would like to place a $100 wager at 3:1 odds that Golden is no the BC head coach (you pay $33 if you lose).

In lieu of the winner actually getting the money, i suggest the winner donates the money to our favorite ass-cancer charity: Colon Cancer Alliance.
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... rgid=12922

Proof of donation must be posted. Anyone wanna bet?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Agreed on Golden. If he were to bail from Miami now for another ACC school it could be an ugly scene and it seems like BC would try to avoid that with a fellow ACC school. :shrug
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCWest on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I would like to place a $100 wager at 3:1 odds that Golden is no the BC head coach (you pay $33 if you lose).

In lieu of the winner actually getting the money, i suggest the winner donates the money to our favorite ass-cancer charity: Colon Cancer Alliance.

I would have bet those odds a week ago. Now, it appears that Golden is not in the mix.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle216 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:35 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I would like to place a $100 wager at 3:1 odds that Golden is no the BC head coach (you pay $33 if you lose).

I would have bet those odds a week ago. Now, it appears that Golden is not in the mix.

Not in the mix because we have moved on, or not in the mix because he has said no?
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:37 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:

West, who do you think our next coach will be?
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:57 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
BCWest {l Wrote}:

West, who do you think our next coach will be?

Who is in the final list? Who is getting interviewed?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Source close to #CUBUFFS coaching search...Butch Jones wil be next CU football coach. Flight to Cincy per D. Post postponed

https://twitter.com/EricGoodman/status/275761541310193666
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 am

Boston College: I haven't heard much, but I do wonder if Phil Fulmer is in the mix at Boston College.

Kinda stale, since it was posted on sunday night, but the above was from Pete Rousel at coachingsearch.com. Pretty strange to pull this out of his ass, I wonder if there's anything substantial behind it?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Boston College: I haven't heard much, but I do wonder if Phil Fulmer is in the mix at Boston College.

Kinda stale, since it was posted on sunday night, but the above was from Pete Rousel at coachingsearch.com. Pretty strange to pull this out of his ass, I wonder if there's anything substantial behind it?

Is Pete aware that Gene is no longer AD at BC? Because that is the only way this rumor would make any sense.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:29 am

Heights Sports editor announced that the team was told a new coach will be hired in 24-48 hours
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:31 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Heights Sports editor announced that the team was told a new coach will be hired in 24-48 hours

The team must be floored that they are actually being kept in the loop about what is going on instead of finding out on the ESPN Bottom Line.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Heights Sports editor announced that the team was told a new coach will be hired in 24-48 hours

AJG saying the final three are Diaco, Lembo, and Kromer.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium