Coaching Candidates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Candidates

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Kromer is denying BC has contacted him (from 98.5 via an EA poster)

PROCESS!!

Like I said, other than Golden and Diaco, the rest is ALL bullshit started by a guy that works twice as hard, yet is still twice as wrong, as he was when he was gainfully employed by the Globe, and has been regurgitated by such fine media outlets like ESPN (which pretended he and EA were "sources") and the Chicago Tribune, which just flat out admitted that those were the sources.

Likely true. But is there no secret third guy? Or if there is, who is he?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:18 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Kromer is denying BC has contacted him (from 98.5 via an EA poster)

PROCESS!!

Like I said, other than Golden and Diaco, the rest is ALL bullshit started by a guy that works twice as hard, yet is still twice as wrong, as he was when he was gainfully employed by the Globe, and has been regurgitated by such fine media outlets like ESPN (which pretended he and EA were "sources") and the Chicago Tribune, which just flat out admitted that those were the sources.

They want to keep it secret it, he is on the DL
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

PROCESS!!

What makes any one think there were three choices? The aforementioned "sources."

I think Bates made a run at Golden knowing it was a long shot, and then had his heart set on Diaco. Probably had to deal with the NC game discussion, and probably reached out to several others in case Diaco wasn't interested. The denials of involvement should be taken for what they are worth in most cases - shit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bcaddict on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:20 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:We are not losing Diaco to Wisconsin. Barry Alvarez is not going outside of his own coaching tree. NC State and Pitt should be worried.

Do you think Doereen would leave NC STate so quick?

Hell yes. He didn't care about NC State. He just wanted to move up.

Agreed with this. But I'm not sure Doeren is above Chryst, so probably semantics.

I still believe this is all Diaco. Not surprised the Kromer stuff is bunk.
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Speaking of sources, and our recent experience with them. We need go no further than the AD hire, where all the typical players (Local Media, EA, EO, BCWest, ATL, AJG, etc) were naming Frazier, then the Army guy, as our AD. Bates was in the list of possibilities, but nobody had him pegged until the end.

So far I've read Diaco, Golden, Kromer, Roman, etc, etc. I've read that they're all in play, and that some aren't. I've read that Golden said thanks, but no thanks, then I've ready that Golden may be the guy. All along it seems that Diaco has remained the highest possible/realistic choice, but one thing is pretty clear - our "sources" are really just various schleppers speculating.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:38 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

PROCESS!!

I'm just going to keep on posting this.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Someone on ATL's blog claims the mystery candidate is Addazio. Anyone?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Someone on ATL's blog claims the mystery candidate is Addazio. Anyone?

:suicide
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Someone on ATL's blog claims the mystery candidate is Addazio. Anyone?

Someone is saying that on EA to. This is not going to happen.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCWest on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:48 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Speaking of sources, and our recent experience with them. We need go no further than the AD hire, where all the typical players (Local Media, EA, EO, BCWest, ATL, AJG, etc) were naming Frazier, then the Army guy, as our AD. Bates was in the list of possibilities, but nobody had him pegged until the end.

So far I've read Diaco, Golden, Kromer, Roman, etc, etc. I've read that they're all in play, and that some aren't. I've read that Golden said thanks, but no thanks, then I've ready that Golden may be the guy. All along it seems that Diaco has remained the highest possible/realistic choice, but one thing is pretty clear - our "sources" are really just various schleppers speculating.

FWIW, Regarding the AD job, Corrigan and BC went to the wire. Corrigan thought he was BC. It unraveled.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm hearing some buzz around the Akron coach. He hasn't been getting the same hype that Doeren, Hazell and Lembo have been getting, but he seems like a dynamic young go-getter ready for the next level. I think he's worth a look.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Multiple posters on EA are saying it is Addazio. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING!!!!!
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:52 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Multiple posters on EA are saying it is Addazio. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING!!!!!

im fucking done fuck this, fuck you BC.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 pm

no no no no no no no no
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby mloyko54 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 pm

It's Steve Addazio.. confirmed by Pete Thamel. I don't know what people are upset about. This guy is a very good offensive coach who was the Recruiting Coordinator at Florida and is one of the best NE Recruiters in the country.
mloyko54
n00b

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:55 pm

mloyko54 {l Wrote}:It's Steve Addazio.. confirmed by Pete Thamel. I don't know what people are upset about. This guy is a very good offensive coach who was the Recruiting Coordinator at Florida and is one of the best NE Recruiters in the country.

He is a horrendous HORRENDOUS offensive coach.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Hold on...Addazio is the mystery candidate or he has the job?
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:56 pm

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy