I wish Tom O Brien never left.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: I wish Tom O Brien never left.

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Tom O'Brien never won 10 games at BC. No space is fucking retarded.*

*Apologies to mentally disabled people, they get a bad rap here.

in 2006, the team won 10 games (bowl win included.) Are you going to sit there and say just because Spaz coached the bowl game over Navy it doesn't count?

Now who is the retard.... counselor?

The team won 10 games. Tom O'Brien was the head coach at NCSU for the 10th.

You, toastmaster.

Will you stop being a stubborn baby for just once in your life? Please... grow up.

This is an awesome post.

The whole reason this board exists is because the people here do not agree with your revisionist version of events.

Tell me counselor, what part of my first post on this thread not "factual?" I'm not "revisioning" anything. Everything I wrote, happened. I watched the exact same games you did. All I see is you (and a couple other guys) going off cocked right now because of our angst towards Toby.

Stop being a bunch of babies.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:25 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Tom O'Brien never won 10 games at BC. No space is fucking retarded.*

in 2006, the team won 10 games (bowl win included.) Are you going to sit there and say just because Spaz coached the bowl game over Navy it doesn't count?

You, toastmaster.

Will you stop being a stubborn baby for just once in your life? Please... grow up.

This is an awesome post.

The whole reason this board exists is because the people here do not agree with your revisionist version of events.

Tell me counselor, what part of my first post on this thread not "factual?" I'm not "revisioning" anything. Everything I wrote, happened. I watched the exact same games you did. All I see is you (and a couple other guys) going off cocked right now because of our angst towards Toby.

Your downplaying of the dramatic improvement of (a) Ryan and (b) the team once the marine sniper left and a good coach came in is the first thing. The rest is all the shit you glossed over in your attempt to downplay how bad O'Brien really was.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You, toastmaster.

This is an awesome post.

Your downplaying of the dramatic improvement of (a) Ryan and (b) the team once the marine sniper left and a good coach came in is the first thing. The rest is all the shit you glossed over in your attempt to downplay how bad O'Brien really was.

Jags took TOBs team and proceeded to win 11 and 10 games.

TOB was going to win a solid 8 games with those rosters
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Again at least Daz doesn't hate BC like the Marine Quartermaster

I think Toby (poison fruit of the george welch coaching tree) loved UVA more than Daz loves Syracuse, but it's close.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 am

O'Brien was a decent recruiter and mediocre coach. Calling him the third best BC coach after (i presume) Leahy and Coughlin is embarrassingly dumb
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the time has come - upon this day, nospace receives the bozo filter. god have mercy on his hole

(sigh) :shrug oh well, I tried

don't worry nospace, not everyone (PING!) can be saved
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:31 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You, toastmaster.

This is an awesome post.

Jags took TOBs team and proceeded to win 11 and 10 games.

11 and 9

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:TOB was going to win a solid 8 games with those rosters

doubt it
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:32 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Again at least Daz doesn't hate BC like the Marine Quartermaster

I think Toby (poison fruit of the george welch coaching tree) loved UVA more than Daz loves Syracuse, but it's close.

I'm sure he did/does
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:34 am

brian brohm would have been the atlanta falcons quarterback for one season (before washing out) if tobias was still the coach for matty's senior year.

he would not have beaten vpi (assuming the same game day and weather). he would not have beaten the clemson. he likely would have beaten maryland.

that would have gotten him to 9-3 and maybe he wins the bowl game... but the season would have been a lot less special. there would have been no holding #2 hostage, there would not have been matty in nyc for the heisman, and there would not have been 31 touchdowns and a 1st round call from the nfl.

to dispute this is to ignore history... and we know a historian like *name redacted due to bozo filter* wouldn't ignore history (or box scores)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:37 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the time has come - upon this day, nospace receives the bozo filter. god have mercy on his hole

(sigh) :shrug oh well, I tried

don't worry nospace, not everyone (PING!) can be saved

I don't have a problem with tre. All I did was summarize :toby 's career here. Tre and I don't have to agree on how good or bad a coach he was, and maybe I missed some stuff on Toby, but I didn't attack tre personally the way he did me. I asked him kindly, with a "please" even, to read what I wrote. And then, he put me in foe. :shrug That is all on him, not me.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:37 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

how about more than daz loves catsup?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:40 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:he would not have beaten vpi (assuming the same game day and weather). he would not have beaten the clemson. he likely would have beaten maryland.

The thought of TOB coaching that VPI game is priceless. One of the biggest things the fatty overlooks is all of the excuse making, that makes Daz' youth nonsense seem tame. HUMIDITY!

He wasn't beating Maryland with the injuries they had on the defensive side of the ball and with Ryan handing off to Whitworth 30 times. DEEP SEA DANA
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:he would not have beaten vpi (assuming the same game day and weather). he would not have beaten the clemson. he likely would have beaten maryland.

The thought of TOB coaching that VPI game is priceless. One of the biggest things the fatty overlooks is all of the excuse making, that makes Daz' youth nonsense seem tame. HUMIDITY!

He wasn't beating Maryland with the injuries they had on the defensive side of the ball and with Ryan handing off to Whitworth 30 times. DEEP SEA DANA

as long as we are revising history, i am revising the injuries that would not have happened because tobias would have had the players lining up cautiously in magical lane stadium and prevented many of the injuries.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:55 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

as long as we are revising history, i am revising the injuries that would not have happened because tobias would have had the players lining up cautiously in magical lane stadium and prevented many of the injuries.

I thought they got hurt in the HUMIDITY of the FSU game that Jags lost (unlike Toby the year before!) because Ryan threw an interception.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I thought they got hurt in the HUMIDITY of the FSU game that Jags lost (unlike Toby the year before!) because Ryan threw an interception.

revising both of your revisions, toby doesn't go down to GT and win as a touchdown dog. he pounds lv into the line long enough for spaz's d to collapse
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:08 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

revising both of your revisions, toby doesn't go down to GT and win as a touchdown dog. he pounds lv into the line long enough for spaz's d to collapse

Imagine what would have happened in the opener after Ryan threw the pick six to go down 14-0.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Imagine what would have happened in the opener after Ryan threw the pick six to go down 14-0.

Being revisionist has NOTHING to do with wanting or not wanting :toby back. That was the point of my original post which had NOTHING revisionist about it.

I can do this revisionist shit too. Maybe Ryan doesn't throw the ball at all vs Wake Forest, and Deep See Dana runs it from the get go and instead of going down 14-0 to start on way to winning 35-21, they go ahead 10-7, and win 24-17? Maybe instead of having Ryan throw 2 picks in the first half of that rainy, sloppy weather vs VPI, Deep Sea Dana runs the ball the whole first half and instead of being behind 10-0 at the half, they are ahead, 14-10? Maybe they win it 28-10 in a laugher the way they did when Toby was the coach the year before? Maybe Deep Sea Dana beats F$U at home the same way he beat them on the road a year earlier? Maybe Toby plays LSU for the National Championship in January of 2008?

And maybe (without Logan) Matt Ryan isn't the #3 selection in the first round of the 2008 draft because his numbers (with Dana) weren't all that? Maybe Matty Ice slips all the way to pick #199 in the 6th round of the 2008 draft instead? I guess if that happened counselor, claver, tre, there would be no CHANCE that Matty Ice would ever get to play in a Superbowl, correct? After all, he might get stuck playing backup behind a #1 draft pick and never see the field!

See how fucked up and prideful and stubborn the three of you are being with your needless revisions? We can banter and bullshit like this, back and forth all day. But this is the thread to talk about what Toby has done and why he may be missed, NOT what Toby might have done. And counselor, for the record, don't get your panties all in a twist because Toby put Ryan Glasper on the spot. You sound like a Millennial.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Bumpers on Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Is it just me, or does anyone else have the feeling that IB resides in The Upside Down?
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:05 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Incidentally, the infamous Army game was in 95/96. It was pouring rain. Billy Gustin pumped his fists after making a tackle in the backfield while BC was down 35 points to a service academy.

A girl got her fridge cleaned out the next morning.

And then a fat girl claimed she was raped.

I remember watching Gustin trying to cover Terry Glenn. It did not end well.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:25 pm

We lost to Maryland in 2007 because of TOB's boy Spaz getting lit up by the Terps. Jags wanted to fire Spaz after that game but GDF wouldn't let him. I also love IB's praise for TOB taking the safety in 2006 which was the wrong call. It almost cost us the game since FSU got the ball back and had a Hail Mary attempt into the endzone to end the game.

If TOB coaches in 2007 and 2008 this is what happens.

We lose to VT for sure. We still lose to FSU and Maryland. Probably drop one of the GT or Clemson games. No ACC championship appearance.

2008 was the best coaching job I've ever seen. No way BIble turns Chris Crane into a read option QB. We also don't have Montel Harris. If TOB is around, we still lose to GT. VT is questionable, since we did that with Special teams. Probably still lose to UNC since Spaz got torched again. Maybe pull off a win against Clemson. It was really about Spiller going off. No way we beat FSU. TOB never tries the onside and no way does Bible get points out of Crane/Harris like Logan did. I doubt we win at Wake Forest with Ross Applegate coming off the bench. And we certainly don't beat Maryland with Applegate/Billy Flutie the next week.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: the bozo filter

This was a good reference and you should feel good for remembering it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Why are we arguing with IB? He doesn't watch the games. He is stirring the pot with a dot matrix printout of the BC Football media guide and it's working.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:40 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Why are we arguing with IB? He doesn't watch the games. He is stirring the pot with a dot matrix printout of the BC Football media guide and it's working.

I do watch the games. There is an actual member of EO that posts here who met me with the Phoenix chapter of the BC alumni association and I was there to.... watch the games.

One time I mention that I went to Costco with my family during game time (a game that was not televised in Arizona I might add) and (forever) I don't watch the games? You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Incidentally, the infamous Army game was in 95/96. It was pouring rain. Billy Gustin pumped his fists after making a tackle in the backfield while BC was down 35 points to a service academy.

A girl got her fridge cleaned out the next morning.

And then a fat girl claimed she was raped.

I remember watching Gustin trying to cover Terry Glenn. It did not end well.

I actually went to the Meadowlands and watched that game with a couple of my friends. I remember BC piling up lots of yards between the 20s (early on) just running the ball all over Ohio State and... never scoring. They never punched it in. And I remember BC (and more specifically, Chris Sullivan) forcing Ohio State into 3rd down and long and.... Glenn just catching everything and anything in the end zone on 3rd down and forever. And those obnoxious Buckeye cheerleaders running down to the end zone and "bowing" to Glenn in synchronous unison. I'm sure they didn't show that cheering shit on television. When Pete Kendall went out with the injury in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter or whatever it was, we looked at each other and figured maybe it was time to head for the exit.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:52 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Why are we arguing with IB? He doesn't watch the games. He is stirring the pot with a dot matrix printout of the BC Football media guide and it's working.

I do watch the games. There is an actual member of EO that posts here who met me with the Phoenix chapter of the BC alumni association and I was there to.... watch the games.

One time I mention that I went to Costco with my family during game time (a game that was not televised in Arizona I might add) and (forever) I don't watch the games? You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

I don't believe you.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:56 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I don't believe you.

Fine. I don't care.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:02 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:JUST THE RECORD OF PERFORMANCE FACTS FOR BLUNDERS AT BC:
TOBLUNDERS 0-10

Won/Loss Record versus teams that were Ranked in the AP Top 25 when BC played them during the season:

1997: 0-2 Losses: Syr , VT
1998: 0-4 Losses: Miami , Syr., ND, VT
1999: 0-2 Losses: Miami , VT
2000: 0-3 Losses: VT, ND, Miami
2001: 1-3 Wins: Georgia . Losses: VT, Miami and Syr.
2002: 1-2 Wins: ND. Losses: Miami , VT
2003: 1-2 Wins VT. Losses: Miami , Pitt
2004: 2-0 Wins: ND and WVU
2005: 0-2 Losses: Florida State and VT
2006: 3-1 Losses: Wake Forest Wins: Clemson , Virginia Tech, Maryland

ND......2-2
GEO.....1-0
Mary...1-0
Clem...1-0

WVU....1-0
VT.....2-7
Miami ..0-6
Syr....0-3
Pitt...0-1 ===== 3-16 WTF? TOB was a LOSER!!!

16% in your conference versus your peers when they are ranked? == CHOKE CITY!
FSU....0-1
WF.....0-1

8-21 27.6 % Overall

5-19 20.8% in Conference

Is that a 10 year record you would be proud of?

CAREER LOWLIGHTS:

>>TOB NEVER WON 5 Big East Games in any season.
>>TOB NEVER WON a Conference Championship 0-10, ergo my TOBLUNDERS0-10.
(The 4 way 2004 Tie Title and BCS went to Pittsburgh )
>>TOB NEVER had more than 1 win over .500 in any season with Miami or Virginia Tech in the Big East Conference.
>>TOB LOST HIS LAST 17 out of his last 23 versus the TOP 5 peer teams in the Big East, or Miami , VT , Pitt, Syr, and VT. 26% = Abysmal. = 6-17

>>TOB HAS NEVER BEAT MIAMI, 0-8 and after this year, he never will.
>>TOB was an overall 12-26 32% versus Big East Peer Teams, before the ACC Switch = Abysmal.

HIGHLIGHTS???
>>Clemson was the first TOP 25 Home win in 10 years in 2006.
>>TOB has won 6 straight lower tier Bowl games with 7 straight winning seasons, but always choking in the big games to get to the BIG BOWLS??
>>TOB is 3-16 versus VT, FSU and Miami ; including Penn State and ND, 10-19. Not a very good record.
>> TOB is 30-9 in his last 38 games. Last 3 in 2003 were wins. 76.9%, but choking in the big contests to get to the next level.
>> Can't fill Jim Grobe's bronzed baby shoes! 1-3!
>> TOB owns Rutgers 8-0!
>> Here are the last 10 horrible losses over just TOB's last 4 years!
2003 -- Wake Forest -12, Syracuse -4, West Virginia -4.

2004 -- Wake Forest -3, Pittsburgh -10, Syracuse -12
== No BCS Bunny!

2005 -- North Carolina -5
== NO ACCCG Bunny/possible BCS Bunny.

2006 -- North Carolina State -6, Wake Forest -4 Miami -4.5
== NO ACCCG Bunny/possible BCS Bunny.

>>> TOBLUNDERS0-10, lost to 3 virtual freshman quarterbacks in 2006 as a favored team.

>>> TOB has never finished more than 2 games over .500 in any conference year, no matter how many games.

Yup it must be 74!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:21 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Not knowing the rules and going for 1 point in the third OT vs Miami
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:02 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I don't believe you.

stop quoting this cuckold, it makes me have to respond.

The poster nospace refers to coincidentally hasn't been here since b0mbo left. just sayin
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:04 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:We lost to Maryland in 2007 because of TOB's boy Spaz getting lit up by the Terps. Jags wanted to fire Spaz after that game but GDF wouldn't let him. I also love IB's praise for TOB taking the safety in 2006 which was the wrong call. It almost cost us the game since FSU got the ball back and had a Hail Mary attempt into the endzone to end the game.

If TOB coaches in 2007 and 2008 this is what happens.

We lose to VT for sure. We still lose to FSU and Maryland. Probably drop one of the GT or Clemson games. No ACC championship appearance.

2008 was the best coaching job I've ever seen. No way BIble turns Chris Crane into a read option QB. We also don't have Montel Harris. If TOB is around, we still lose to GT. VT is questionable, since we did that with Special teams. Probably still lose to UNC since Spaz got torched again. Maybe pull off a win against Clemson. It was really about Spiller going off. No way we beat FSU. TOB never tries the onside and no way does Bible get points out of Crane/Harris like Logan did. I doubt we win at Wake Forest with Ross Applegate coming off the bench. And we certainly don't beat Maryland with Applegate/Billy Flutie the next week.

I'm calling bullshit on the wake game. applegate likely wouldn't have handed it off twice in the backfield like cesspool did

gt is only a loss if applegate also eats the Stuart hair wings the night before the game.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium