I wish Tom O Brien never left.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

I wish Tom O Brien never left.

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm serious.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Re: I wish Tom O Brien never left.

Postby bcshater on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 pm

same here
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:20 pm

You didn't like the two trips to the ACC CG?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby janebc on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

We can do better than :tob. Get rid of Gdf; or get him a shrink to treat his control issues-or better yet- a new AD whose vision for the school & the program is bigger than own his ego; that's an idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Last edited by janebc on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby weinerdog on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Consider that if TOB were still BC's coach, who would be the assistants? All the guys who made BC strong enough in the trenches to win 8 or 9 a year are now head coaches elsewhere. And TOB at NCSU hasn't done shit.
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby janebc on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

[quote="DomingoOrtiz"]You didn't like the two trips to the ACC CG?[/quote
So right!!]
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:24 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:You didn't like the two trips to the ACC CG?

Loved them. But this is awful. Tob wouldn't have sunk this low.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby janebc on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:28 pm

GDF IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby BigPete on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Somebody put fucking 2001 Eagle in the FUCKING BATHROOM.

Shut the fuck up. Solo Spaz is nothing but a Tobias tumor that this moronic midget covered in Miracle Grow.

Fuck off Greasy Gene. Fuck off Spaz. And (still) Fuck off Tobias.

(in Crazy Alice 'hi fred' voice) hi Jags.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:33 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:Somebody put fucking 2001 Eagle in the FUCKING BATHROOM.

Shut the fuck up. Solo Spaz is nothing but a Tobias tumor that this moronic midget covered in Miracle Grow.

Fuck off Greasy Gene. Fuck off Spaz. And (still) Fuck off Tobias.

(in Crazy Alice 'hi fred' voice) hi Jags.

Amen.

Lock

Dump

Relegate to oncore's rape room.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcnyceagle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Who wouldn't take 8-4 over this? :suicide
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:35 pm

TOB still sucks. It's sad that Spaz is so bad that you wish for mediocrity to return. Sack up man, there is no excuse for wanting TOB.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby janebc on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:38 pm

[quote="twballgame9"]TOB still sucks. It's sad that Spaz is so bad that you wish for mediocrity to return. Sack up man, there is no excuse for wanting TOB.[/quote
:toby Still sucks. Always will suck.
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:TOB still sucks. It's sad that Spaz is so bad that you wish for mediocrity to return. Sack up man, there is no excuse for wanting TOB.

I'd certainly take TOB over Spaz in a heartbeat. That said, I don't think I'm ready to say that I feel so strongly that I wish the Jags era never happened. If Spaz is allowed to miss 2 bowls in a row, I will feel differently.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby janebc on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:41 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:TOB still sucks. It's sad that Spaz is so bad that you wish for mediocrity to return. Sack up man, there is no excuse for wanting TOB.

I'd certainly take TOB over Spaz in a heartbeat. That said, I don't think I'm ready to say that I feel so strongly that I wish the Jags era never happened. If Spaz is allowed to miss 2 bowls in a row, I will feel differently.

:toby had a brain; Spaz is DUMB!!! And GDF is an egomaniac. We all knew this from Day 1.
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I just don't see the miserable failure of one coach as a good reason to wish for the return of a coach that didn't think the school could ever have a good football program. I will never wish for TOB, no matter how many years BC stinks.

People who lower the bar stink.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I just don't see the miserable failure of one coach as a good reason to wish for the return of a coach that didn't think the school could ever have a good football program. I will never wish for TOB, no matter how many years BC stinks.

Welcome to half of our fanbase
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 pm

We are back to 95-96. All we need is a scandal to top it off.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:46 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:We are back to 95-96. All we need is a scandal to top it off.

BC was playing good football teams back then. That team and coaching staff would have gone 9-3 with this schedule.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

No one is wishing for TOB over Leach or Hoke or Chip Kelly. They are wishing for TOB over Spaz. Simply... wishing for a coach who is better than a current one. If you don't wish that, then you are a semi-fan.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

No one is wishing for TOB over Leach or Hoke or Chip Kelly. They are wishing for TOB over Spaz. Simply... wishing for a coach who is better than a current one. If you don't wish that, then you are a semi-fan.

I don't want TOB under any circumstances, period. It's a fools choice. Trade 4-8 for a guy that thinks 8-4 is the best they can do. To me, there is little difference in the long run, I don't want either.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby micheagle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:52 pm

Is it better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all?
micheagle
Carney Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:04 pm

If TOB never leaves, then Jags/Logan never come, and there's still a debate (in some minds, not in this one) that BC is ever any better than 8-4.

NEVER! SILENCE THIS RECOCKULOUS KNAVISHNESS THIS FUCKING INSTANT!

DI football success is cyclical. You have ups and downs - admittedly, we're in a down turn for the worst reasons. A good reason to be in a downturn is when a successful coaching staff is pillaged by other programs and the current, successful coach can't sell playing time because the roster is stacked. That's an acceptable way to be in a downturn because it implies a generally lengthy stretch of recent success.

We're in a downturn because an awful midget hired his fucking poison-tasting lackey to spread wide his cottage-cheese-bagged butt-cheeks and permit the midget's fist to go shoulder-deep and turn his head this way, that way, and crack a press conference joke when he pulls a string. The cow says Mooooooooo!

Nerds.... Jesus Christ, NERDS! Say 8-4 is better than 2-10 in your nerdy, SAT-counting voices - TOBIAS WAS THE WORST precisely because he went 8-4 and was unfireable. However bad this Spaziani fart smells, it's out of the colon and it will dissipate soon. Tobias was an awful gas-bubble intestinal pain and a shit lodged in your ribs - not a pleasant, relieving shit, either - more like a gym sock full of aquarium pebbles when he finally departed. If we have to suffer now so that we can have Gene's role in the next search lessened and maybe even rid ourselves of the midget himself, then we suffer now. This is how it happens with intestinal diarrhea in nature - you get sick, you crap out Iguaza Falls for three days, you drink water and gatorade, and then it's all better. Spaz and Gene aren't any different than a nasty intestinal bug. The only way out is through. Do you hear me, nerds, the only way out is through!

In the meantime, do something your sad, soft nerd selves would never have considered: instead of doing something productive and useful with the time you would otherwise be at the football games, GO TO THE GAMES. Get really really drunk if you have to, with total strangers, and then wake up next to a girl in a strange apartment somewhere off campus, and eat everything in her refrigerator before you go. Your entire life will be better for it.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby BCWest on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:04 pm

I bet tob is available soon.

Tob being gone is a good thing. Hiring a guy on Medicare who has never been a HC - ever - was the choke job.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:If TOB never leaves, then Jags/Logan never come, and there's still a debate (in some minds, not in this one) that BC is ever any better than 8-4.

Don't you know? In the minds of most of our fan base, we've always been at war is Eastasia.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Incidentally, the infamous Army game was in 95/96. It was pouring rain. Billy Gustin pumped his fists after making a tackle in the backfield while BC was down 35 points to a service academy.

A girl got her fridge cleaned out the next morning.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Tonto said what I said, just a lot more awesome. Kudos, Tonto, you strike again.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby janebc on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

th

That is cynical. I think we all wish Jags had not been forced out
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:13 pm

TOB is a better coach than Spaz but that doesn't mean we should have kept him. Spaz just sucks for a lot of reasons and Gene knew it in 2006.

As for those of you who think we will suck for a long time, you're wrong. Look at Syracuse. They had shit talent, shit facilities, shit conference, shit recruiting base and they made a decent hire who has them trending upwards.

BC's next coach just needs to bring along a kick ass OL coach. Good OLine play can put a bandaid on a lot of issues and short comings.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby janebc on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:15 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:If TOB never leaves, then Jags/Logan never come, and there's still a debate (in some minds, not in this one) that BC is ever any better than 8-4.

NEVER! SILENCE THIS RECOCKULOUS KNAVISHNESS THIS FUCKING INSTANT!

DI football success is cyclical. You have ups and downs - admittedly, we're in a down turn for the worst reasons. A good reason to be in a downturn is when a successful coaching staff is pillaged by other programs and the current, successful coach can't sell playing time because the roster is stacked. That's an acceptable way to be in a downturn because it implies a generally lengthy stretch of recent success.

We're in a downturn because an awful midget hired his fucking poison-tasting lackey to spread wide his cottage-cheese-bagged butt-cheeks and permit the midget's fist to go shoulder-deep and turn his head this way, that way, and crack a press conference joke when he pulls a string. The cow says Mooooooooo!

Nerds.... Jesus Christ, NERDS! Say 8-4 is better than 2-10 in your nerdy, SAT-counting voices - TOBIAS WAS THE WORST precisely because he went 8-4 and was unfireable. However bad this Spaziani fart smells, it's out of the colon and it will dissipate soon. Tobias was an awful gas-bubble intestinal pain and a shit lodged in your ribs - not a pleasant, relieving shit, either - more like a gym sock full of aquarium pebbles when he finally departed. If we have to suffer now so that we can have Gene's role in the next search lessened and maybe even rid ourselves of the midget himself, then we suffer now. This is how it happens with intestinal diarrhea in nature - you get sick, you crap out Iguaza Falls for three days, you drink water and gatorade, and then it's all better. Spaz and Gene aren't any different than a nasty intestinal bug. The only way out is through. Do you hear me, nerds, the only way out is through!

In the meantime, do something your sad, soft nerd selves would never have considered: instead of doing something productive and useful with the time you would otherwise be at the football games, GO TO THE GAMES. Get really really drunk if you have to, with total strangers, and then wake up next to a girl in a strange apartment somewhere off campus, and eat everything in her refrigerator before you go. Your entire life will be better for it.

HEAR, HEAR, x 1224, 00000000000000000000000
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium