Chase Rettig>Joe Boisture

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Chase Rettig>Joe Boisture

Postby wrlent2012 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:18 pm

You watch Rettig's tape and he looks like he could play anywhere in the country. You see Boisture tape and he looks like a 6'6" lanky kid who has very poor mechanics

thoughts
wrlent2012
n00b

Re: Chase Rettig>Joe Boisture

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Boisture has played pretty bad so far this year,and by the recent comments made by a Rivals analyst that watched him,it seems like he is going to need a ton of time. He also said that his arm strength wasn't very good. I've said from the beginning that Rettig's arm is better than Boisture's but that surprised me. I think overall Rettig is better.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:48 pm

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby herzy4life on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:56 pm

outside of shakim, i think rettig will end up as our highest ranked recruit who should play his way up near the top 100 recruits in the country.
herzy4life
n00b

Postby wrlent2012 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:02 pm

herzy4life {l Wrote}:outside of shakim, i think rettig will end up as our highest ranked recruit who should play his way up near the top 100 recruits in the country.

agreed. people are saying that with shinskies success rettig will decommit. i think hes more happy with the great recievers hes going to have for his 4 years of eligibility here.
wrlent2012
n00b

Postby NJM89 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Chase wanted to play at USC even though they are a bcs bowl playing team every year, he would still be riding on the bench there for a few years. Who knows maybe in next years camp he could take dave's job and could be the starter for next years team
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby weinerdog on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:51 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Chase wanted to play at USC even though they are a bcs bowl playing team every year, he would still be riding on the bench there for a few years. Who knows maybe in next years camp he could take dave's job and could be the starter for next years team

If so, that means BC would have very very talented quarterbacking for the next 4 years and the future would be bright. I'd love it.

But even if not, supposing Shinskie continues to progress this season, and then further progress between December and August, it could well turn out (and I know that this is massively premature to entertain for more than a fleeting moment) that Shinskie turns into a complete star by his third season and leaves for the draft. Hey, I have no doubt he would given the opportunity--he knows too well the business end of sports, and that he's not getting any younger.

If Shinskie were a 3-year player, those would be Rettig's HS Sr., Redshirt, and RSF years. That leaves Rettig with 3 years of eligibility, potentially 3 years holding the reins of the offense. That's plenty.
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:15 am

weinerdog {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Chase wanted to play at USC even though they are a bcs bowl playing team every year, he would still be riding on the bench there for a few years. Who knows maybe in next years camp he could take dave's job and could be the starter for next years team

If so, that means BC would have very very talented quarterbacking for the next 4 years and the future would be bright. I'd love it.

But even if not, supposing Shinskie continues to progress this season, and then further progress between December and August, it could well turn out (and I know that this is massively premature to entertain for more than a fleeting moment) that Shinskie turns into a complete star by his third season and leaves for the draft. Hey, I have no doubt he would given the opportunity--he knows too well the business end of sports, and that he's not getting any younger.

If Shinskie were a 3-year player, those would be Rettig's HS Sr., Redshirt, and RSF years. That leaves Rettig with 3 years of eligibility, potentially 3 years holding the reins of the offense. That's plenty.

he's said consistently that he is staying all four year. of course, it's easy to say that when there's not millions of dollars being shoved in your face.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby weinerdog on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:54 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
weinerdog {l Wrote}:

he's said consistently that he is staying all four year. of course, it's easy to say that when there's not millions of dollars being shoved in your face.

Exactly. The pay scale is so through the roof now--particularly for QBs--that I'm confounded by anyone who *doesn't* take the money and run.
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:18 am

Shinski leads the team to the Orange Bowl this year. Next year he passes his way to the national championship and wins the Heisman. He leaves early and becomes a low first round draft pick. Retig starts as a redshirt freshman.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:35 am

By the time Shinskie gets out, the pay scale will have been dramatically altered for rookies. This is the season many underclassmen will go out early.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle1331 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:19 pm

There is no way Shinskie stays 4 years if there is an inkling of interest from a pro-team. While everyone dreams of still being at college at 29, he has been out too long to actually accept the reality of papers and tests at that age. It's not like its part time grad school for an MBA where is 2-3 classes part time, he's still got to do 5 classes a semester. There's no way he's on the 5 year plan.

That being said, I agree with the above -> if he's still good enough to be the starting qb at that point, amen.
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby wrlent2012 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:45 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Shinski leads the team to the Orange Bowl this year. Next year he passes his way to the national championship and wins the Heisman. He leaves early and becomes a low first round draft pick. Retig starts as a redshirt freshman.

love the optimism but...
wrlent2012
n00b

Postby Thunderdome on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:14 pm

Rettig (along with all the other visitors) looked pretty pumped up at the FSU game. I'm glad he picked that game to make an official visit. Unless he's a sox fan, he must have been wondering what the heck was going on in the fourth quarter when the entire student section starting singing Sweet Caroline and the Dropkick Murphy's.
Thunderdome
n00b

Postby wrlent2012 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Thunderdome {l Wrote}:Rettig (along with all the other visitors) looked pretty pumped up at the FSU game. I'm glad he picked that game to make an official visit. Unless he's a sox fan, he must have been wondering what the heck was going on in the fourth quarter when the entire student section starting singing Sweet Caroline and the Dropkick Murphy's.

where was he sitting
wrlent2012
n00b

Postby joemack13 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:27 pm

lol now we're winning the NC next year? give me a break. lets start by getting the teensiest bit of pressure on the opposing QB
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:36 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:lol now we're winning the NC next year? give me a break. lets start by getting the teensiest bit of pressure on the opposing QB

i'd be happy with a BCS bid...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Thunderdome on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Rettig and the other recruits were standing behind the team around the 20 yard line.
Thunderdome
n00b

Postby lonestar_eagle on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:43 pm

did rettig have a game yesterday?
lonestar_eagle
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:47 pm

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Thank goodness that the NFL won't be stealing Shinskie away from us anytime soon!
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Thank goodness that the NFL won't be stealing Shinskie away from us anytime soon!

:pickle :spaz2
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby wrlent2012 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:15 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Thank goodness that the NFL won't be stealing Shinskie away from us anytime soon!

are you saying that today?
wrlent2012
n00b

Postby lonestar_eagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:36 am

lonestar_eagle
n00b

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 am

lonestar_eagle {l Wrote}:http://www.sanclementetimes.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1995&cntnt01dateformat=%25B%20%25d%2C%20%25Y&cntnt01returnid=99

sounds like rettig had a good day.

Here is a link to a more detailed article and 2 videos.
http://www.ocvarsity.com/sports/tesoro- ... itons.html

BTW... ESPN is in love with Rettig (ranked #11th best QB in the country... compared to Boisture's #49th).
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiti ... son%3d2010
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium