Edwards to the Jets

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Edwards to the Jets

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:17 am

What do you think 74?

What's the deal with Mangini dealing with the Jets? He gave up the pick for Sanchez and now Edwards.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Edwards to the Jets

Postby branchinator on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:20 am

The Jets gave up Chansi Stuckey, some scrub LB, and a 3rd/5th round pick. I think that's worth the risk to add a talented young receiver who previously played at a pro bowl level. The Browns are officially the least talented team in the league.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:21 am

Assuming he's in good standing with the NFL after the LeBron deal, it's a no brainer for the Jets.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcfan85 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:25 am

Does Rex Ryan's pathetic fat shit body and retarded looking fake teeth piss anyone else off?
bcfan85
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:27 am

Edwards punched his ticket out of Cleveland when he punched out LeBron's buddy. The entire city is in 'do everything possible to keep LeBron happy' mode. Plus, Edwards has been surly and useless for more than a year now.

PS - how embarrassing would it be to be LeBron's friend and have to hear the quote on ESPN over and over where LeBron relates punching out that dude to "hitting my child?" I suppose the LeBron perks outweigh the degradation.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:33 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:What do you think 74?

What's the deal with Mangini dealing with the Jets? He gave up the pick for Sanchez and now Edwards.

Browns had more before the draft on him too--and Quinn or Anderson---but did not trade him to Jets or some other team and decided his talent was too much. Butterfingers Braylon!

Yeah, too much for scores of drops and bad attitude.

He dropped some balls to get out of Cleveland, no doubt.

I am speaking to the Don Big Peter on whether I should issue a Fatwaboy, or whether it is a waste on such a piece of shit who punches a 130 lb. guy.

This may also be a matter for Angry Ty.

Maybe the Browns can send Quinn to the Raiders for the 2010 first round pick.

Who else....Rams?... Jax??? Seattle since Hass is always injured???....Redskins??????

I'll take 2012, since the Pats have 2011.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:35 am

I'm sorry but Brady Quinn has absolutely tanked his trade value, especially in a year when Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow are all coming out. The guy sucks and everybody knows it.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:36 am

I am beginning to dislike Lebron.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:22 am

It's tough for a receiver to make an impact midseason due to a lack of chemistry with a QB, learning a new playbook, etc.--see Roy Williams in 2008.

How many years does Edwards have left on his deal? Good trade for next year. I don't think it will allow the Jets to beat out the Pats for the division.
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:31 pm

30 fucking drops in 3 years.

He is tied with Brandon Marshall, but Brandon has caught veverything lately and fixed his deal and has scored big last year.

Not happy witha 3 & 5, but Stucks is Ok and the LB, and Braylon is a drive by waiting to be recorded.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Edwards was a total dick about being a UM guy in OSU territory. Went 120 in his car, had aholes in his possee, got loaded with Stallworth the night the jaywalker was steamrolled, ....he is a bad guy. Then he screws with the city's favorite son. Adios.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:54 pm

This is a great deal for Cleveland. It's a huge gamble for NYJ.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Mangini will do anything in his power in an attempt to screw Belichick. I like it
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:40 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:This is a great deal for Cleveland. It's a huge gamble for NYJ.

I understand how it's a gamble for the Jets, but how is it a great deal for the Browns?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:48 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:This is a great deal for Cleveland. It's a huge gamble for NYJ.

I understand how it's a gamble for the Jets, but how is it a great deal for the Browns?

They suck this year anyways, they get a good young player and 2 picks for a dysfunctional WR. That's how you rebuild.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:49 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

They suck this year anyways, they get a good young player and 2 picks for a dysfunctional WR. That's how you rebuild.

Stuckey is no more than a #3 receiver. A 3rd and 5th round pick isn't great value for a guy who caught 16 touchdowns two years ago and was the #3 pick.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:50 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Stuckey is no more than a #3 receiver. A 3rd and 5th round pick isn't great value for a guy who caught 16 touchdowns two years ago and was the #3 pick.

But he's damaged good now...
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:42 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Kinda like Randy Moss was damaged goods a couple of years ago.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:46 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Did you just use "Braylon Edwards" in the same thought as "Randy Moss"? This explains an awful lot.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:47 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Are you fucking serious? Does Moss have that sort of impact if he stays in Oakland??!?! That's exactly my point.

Not to mention the fact that Cleveland got a lot more for Edwards than the Raiders got for Moss...

Whether or not Edwards succeeds in NY is irrelevant to whether or not it's a good trade for Cleveland.

Edit: Also, what TW said above
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Did you just use "Braylon Edwards" in the same thought as "Randy Moss"? This explains an awful lot.

Can you shut up and go talk about Tuggle or something.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:50 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Are you fucking serious? Does Moss have that sort of impact if he stays in Oakland??!?! That's exactly my point.

Not to mention the fact that Cleveland got a lot more for Edwards than the Raiders got for Moss...

Whether or not Edwards succeeds in NY is irrelevant to whether or not it's a good trade for Cleveland.

Edit: Also, what TW said above

Relax littlenick. In my opinion, there is more upside for the Jets making it a better deal for them.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:54 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Can you explain to us how Moss and Edwards are equal, talent and potential-wise? Or are you just going to yell at everyone?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:55 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I made my peace with our mediocre pocket passer. I did my mea culpas after Wake. I'd make a huge donation to the Flynn Fund if I could have Tuggle coached by Logan back, and actually run an offense that wins championships in college, but since we have Tranquill, mediocre passing it is. It's probably enough to do half ass decent with a great D and good ground attack.

Tell me about how Braylon fucking Edwards reminds you of Randy Moss again.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:57 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Can you explain to us how Moss and Edwards are equal, talent and potential-wise? Or are you just going to yell at everyone?

I don't think Edwards is as good as Moss, but I don't think he is as damaged as Moss was three years ago either. I simply made the comparison because Jets potentiallly got a star WR and didn't have to give up that much. In my opinion.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:12 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:Mangini will do anything in his power in an attempt to screw Belichick. I like it

I don't think the Jets needed Mangina's help to beat the Pats, since they already did with Chansi Stuckey instead of Edwards.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:19 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
I don't think Edwards is as good as Moss, but I don't think he is as damaged as Moss was three years ago either.

So what? Braylon Edwards is widely recognized as a potentially good wide receiver with the worst case of "the drops" in the NFL. During his time in Oakland, Randy Moss was universally recognized as an unmotivated malcontent who would be the best wide receiver in the league (and one of the best in history) when properly motivated. Braylon Edwards' reputation as a locker room presence may not be as damaged as Randy Moss' was at the time, but his reputation as a football player is less respected than Moss' was before he was even drafted. Edwards shouldn't be analogized to Randy Moss in any capacity, because the only thing they have in common is a position and a league. They are unalike in any relevant way.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
I don't think Edwards is as good as Moss, but I don't think he is as damaged as Moss was three years ago either.

So what? Braylon Edwards is widely recognized as a potentially good wide receiver with the worst case of "the drops" in the NFL. During his time in Oakland, Randy Moss was universally recognized as an unmotivated malcontent who would be the best wide receiver in the league (and one of the best in history) when properly motivated. Braylon Edwards' reputation as a locker room presence may not be as damaged as Randy Moss' was at the time, but his reputation as a football player is less respected than Moss' was before he was even drafted. Edwards shouldn't be analogized to Randy Moss in any capacity, because the only thing they have in common is a position and a league. They are unalike in any relevant way.

I brought up the fact that Edwards was not as damaged as Moss as a reason why the Jets gave up more than the Patriots did. That's all. I already said Moss was better, but I still think the Jets made a good trade. The Jets obviously think so as well.

But I really do not care enough about this trade to argue with all the board regulars about it. I've already wasted enough time.
Last edited by MilitantEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:30 pm

I think all millitanteagle is saying is that Randy Moss was damaged goods a couple of years ago. The point is like Moss, Edwards has the ability to regain the form he had two years ago. He's not saying Randy Moss and Braylon Edwards are equal talent wise.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I think all millitanteagle is saying is that Randy Moss was damaged goods a couple of years ago. The point is like Moss, Edwards has the ability to regain the form he had two years ago. He's not saying Randy Moss and Braylon Edwards are equal talent wise.

And here's where the analogy dies. Randy Moss was a malcontent who wasn't giving any effort. Braylon Edwards was a malcontent who wasn't giving any effort...who also happens to have shit hands and awful route running skills. And the Jets don't throw the ball enough for Edwards to match his production from 2007. What they'll most likely get is the midpoint between 2007 and 2009 production.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium