Abomination follow-up

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Abomination follow-up

Postby DrPeterV on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:49 pm

Not sure if this was posted, but here are the results from last weekend's highly contested matches.

http://www.bc.edu/offices/pubaf/news/qu ... _1005.html

“We chose Slytherin to represent CSOM because they are the ones who make the tough decisions and are always willing to go to any lengths to get what they want,” Dougal said. “Everyone seems to understand that.”

As an A&S grad, I resent this statement.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Re: Abomination follow-up

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:30 am

That may be the single most stupid thing I have ever heard at BC, and I heard people defending the decision to let Bill Ayers on campus. My favorite part is where they blame Game Day for "less than ideal playing conditions. Shut the fuck up and :74
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:09 am

DrPeterV {l Wrote}:Not sure if this was posted, but here are the results from last weekend's highly contested matches.

http://www.bc.edu/offices/pubaf/news/qu ... _1005.html

“We chose Slytherin to represent CSOM because they are the ones who make the tough decisions and are always willing to go to any lengths to get what they want,” Dougal said. “Everyone seems to understand that.”

As an A&S grad, I resent this statement.

I was gonna choose the cute queers in the pink shorts in the new squad Education school and then.....they had a gorgeous set of Quintina twins on the CSOM team....and then my boyfriend said he was mad at me.......and the nursing guys are so hot......amd I usually suck A&S cocks for some reason when my boyfriend is not looking.....but I made a tough decision and played bent over for all and fists in the air!

What a monter embarrassment for making BC FAGOLATOWN USA!!!

CSOM 1974
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:16 am

Who wants a beautifully framed diploma from 1974--IN LATIN!!!-- signed by the Monan Man!

Bids start at $65.00 not including shipping.

BC Hosts First Quidditch Tournament
team 'hermione's broomstick' captures cup
ShareThis

CHESTNUT HILL, MA (10-5-09) - Though raptors are not an uncommon presence on the Boston College campus, the more familiar eagles gave way to owls on Sunday as BC's first-ever Quidditch Cup tournament, fashioned after the wizardly game depicted in the popular Harry Potter books and films, was played out on the Campus Green.

The event, organized by the Undergraduate Government of Boston College, was the brainchild of juniors Kathleen Iannone, Justin Graham and Rebecca McDougal.

“It seemed like a fun event,” Iannone said. “I wanted to be able to say I got to attend a school where we can play Quidditch.”

Yeah, I mean when I wanted Men's Lacrosse 5 years ago so BC would have every great sport, I was so wrong, now I want Queerbitches.

The organizers designed banners which assigned the four houses of Hogwarts — the school Harry Potter and his fellow wizards-in-training attend, and where Quidditch games are held — to the four schools at BC: "Gryffindor" for the College of Arts and Sciences "Slytherin" for the Carroll School of Management, "Hufflepuff" for the Lynch School of Education and "Ravenclaw" for the Connell School of Nursing.

As any Harry Potter devotee knows, Slytherin houses a number of soulless, evil wizards always at odds with Gryffindor. But the UGBC organizers claim that's not how they view the Carroll School.

(Photo by Slytherin Associate Professor of Information Systems John Gallaugher, who attended the tournament with his nine-year-old son. Ian enjoyed the chocolate frogs.)

In any case, organizers noted, the 16 individual teams were comprised of students representing all the BC schools/houses.

The rules of the game followed those outlined in the books: There were two teams, three Bludgers, a Quaffle, three hoops — which marked the goals — and, of course, a Snitch. The Snitch was released two minutes prior to the end of a game and one member from each team, designated as the Seeker, chased after him. The team who caught the Snitch was awarded 50 extra points.

In the end, the "Hermione's Broomstick" team emerged triumphant.

The four-hour event took a lot of planning, say the organizers, and was complicated by a development worthy of Voldemort, Harry Potter's arch-nemesis: Recent rain storms, as well as the ESPN "College GameDay" festivities taking place at BC on Saturday, had left the Campus Green in less-than-ideal playing condition.

“One side of the field was clearly a lot muddier than the other,” said Iannone. “So, on the spot we had to come up with a new rule where the teams switched sides after five minutes."

Participants in the games did not seem to mind. “This was pretty much what I expected,” said sophomore Peter Clabby. “Except it was a lot muddier, which is definitely positive.”
(Photo by J.D. Levine)

The event was so successful organizers are working to organize it again in the spring, especially for those students studying abroad who did not get a chance to participate.

A description of Quidditch is available here

Iulia Padneau is a student in Gryffindor - that is to say, the College of Arts & Sciences - at Boston College.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium