YUP! WE GOT A HOMOHUMPING NAMBLA STONER PERVERT CZAR! WTF?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

YUP! WE GOT A HOMOHUMPING NAMBLA STONER PERVERT CZAR! WTF?

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:08 pm

I mean you have to get some real bad pussy your first few times around to start chugging and biting the pillow?

President Obama's "safe schools czar" is a former schoolteacher who has advocated promoting homosexuality in schools, written about his past drug abuse, expressed his contempt for religion and detailed an incident in which he did not report an underage student who told him he was having sex with older men.

Conservatives are up in arms about the appointment of Kevin Jennings, Obama's director of the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools, saying he is too radical for the job.

Jennings was appointed to the position largely because of his longtime record of working to end bullying and discrimination in schools. In 1990, as a teacher in Massachusetts, he founded the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), which now has over 40 chapters at schools nationwide. He has also published six books on gay rights and education, including one that describes his own experiences as a closeted gay student.

The OSDFS was created by the Bush administration in 2002. According to its Web site, one of its primary functions is to "provide financial assistance for drug and violence prevention activities and activities that promote the health and well being of students in elementary and secondary schools, and institutions of higher education."

Jennings' critics say he fits only half the bill, if that.

"Jennings was obviously chosen for this job because of the safe schools aspect... defining 'safe schools' narrowly in terms of 'safe for homosexuality'," Peter Sprigg, a senior fellow at the Family Research Council, told FOXNews.com.

"But at least half of the job involves creating drug-free schools, and we've not been offered any evidence about what qualifications Jennings has for promoting drug-free schools."

Jennings' detractors note that he made four references to his personal drug abuse in his 2007 autobiography, "Mama's Boy, Preacher's Son: A Memoir." On page 103, discussing his high school years in Hawaii in the early 1980s, Jennings wrote:

"I got stoned more often and went out to the beach at Bellows, overlooking Honolulu Harbor and the lights of the city, to drink with my buddies on Friday and Saturday nights, spending hours watching the planes take off and land at the airport, which is actually quite fascinating when you are drunk and stoned."

Sprigg said that quote is particularly unacceptable for someone who has been named to lead America's Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools.

"It would be nice to hear from Mr. Jennings ... that he regrets the drug use he engaged in when he was in school," Sprigg said. "But in this autobiography, which Mr. Jennings wrote only recently, he never expresses any regret about his youthful drug use."

But Amanda Terkel, deputy research director at the Center for American Progress, sees Jennings' comments about drugs in a different light.

"We have had elected officials do [drugs] and we still believe it is fine for them to be elected," she said. "This is a point in his life that he was struggling ... I think those experiences now help him reach out to students, relate to what they are going through, and help them through their problems."

Liberal groups remain in Jennings' corner, saying he is fully qualified for his position and is the victim of a right-wing smear campaign. But Jennings' detractors point to other things he has said that alarm social conservatives.

In 1997, according to a transcript put together by Brian J. Burt, managing editor of the student-run Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, Jennings said he hoped that promoting homosexuality in schools would be considered fine in the future.

"One of our board members" was called to testify before Congress when they had hearings on the promotion of homosexuality in schools," Jennings said. "And we were busy putting out press releases, and saying, "We're not promoting homosexuality, that's not what our program's about. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.... '

"Being finished might someday mean that most straight people, when they would hear that someone was promoting homosexuality, would say 'Yeah, who cares?' because they wouldn't necessarily equate homosexuality with something bad that you would not want to promote."

The group Jennings founded has also been accused of promoting homosexuality in schools. At a GLSEN conference in 2000, co-sponsored with the Massachusetts Department of Education, the group landed in hot water when it was revealed that it had included an educational seminar for kids that graphically described some unorthodox sex techniques.

A state official who spoke to teens at the conference said:

"Fisting (forcing one's entire hand into another person's rectum or vagina) often gets a bad rap....[It's] an experience of letting somebody into your body that you want to be that close and intimate with...[and] to put you into an exploratory mode."

At the time, Jennings said he had concerns about events at the conference, but he also criticized attendees who filmed it.

"From what I've heard, I have concerns as well," Jennings told the Boston Globe in May 2000. "GLSEN believes that children do have a right to accurate, safer sex education, but this needs to be delivered in an age-appropriate and sensitive manner.

"What troubles me is the people who have the tape know what our mission is, they know that our work is about preventing harassment and they know that session was not the totality of what was offered at a conference with over 50 sessions," he said.

But Peter LaBarbera, President of "Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, said Jennings' reaction was weak and unacceptable.

"He never really apologized. If a conservative group had done that, they would be out of business," LaBarbera said.

The religious right is also alarmed by Jennings' personal views about religion. In his memoir, he wrote of his views while he was in high school:

"What had [God] done for me, other than make me feel shame and guilt? Squat. Screw you, buddy -- I don't need you around anymore, I decided.

"The Baptist Church had left me only a legacy of self-hatred, shame, and disappointment, and I wanted no more of it or its Father. The long erosion of my faith was now complete, and I, for many years, reacted violently to anyone who professed any kind of religion. Decades passed before I opened a Bible again."

Terkel said Jennings was writing about a "low point" in his life, and he now considers himself a religious person.

"Since then he has been involved in the Union Theological Seminary," she said. "He does consider himself religious. He tithes -- I just don't see any evidence that he is hostile to religion."

Jennings is on the board of the Union Theological Seminary, which describes itself as "progressive and evangelical."

Another controversy from Jennings' past concerns an account in his 1994 book, "One Teacher In 10," about how, as a teacher, he knew a high school sophomore named Brewster who was "involved" with an "older man":

"Out spilled a story about his involvement with an older man he had met in Boston. I listened, sympathized, and offered advice. He left my office with a smile on his face that I would see every time I saw him on the campus for the next two years, until he graduated."

The account led Diane Lenning, head of the National Education Association's Republican Educators Caucus, to criticize Jennings in 2004 for not alerting school and state authorities about the boy's situation, calling Jennings' failure to do so an "unethical practice."

Jennings threatened to sue Lenning for libel, saying she had no evidence that he knew the student in question was sexually active, or that he failed to report the situation.

But a professor at Grove City College in Pennsylvania, Warren Throckmorton, has produced an audio recording of a speech Jennings gave in 2000 at a GLSEN rally in Iowa, in which Jennings made it clear that he believed the student was sexually active:

"I said, 'What were you doing in Boston on a school night, Brewster?' He got very quiet, and he finally looked at me and said, 'Well I met someone in the bus station bathroom and I went home with him.' High school sophomore, 15 years old' I looked at Brewster and said, 'You know, I hope you knew to use a condom.'" [Audio is available on the professor's Web site.]

The Washington Times reported in 2004 that "state authorities said Mr. Jennings filed no report in 1988." A spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Department for Children and Families, the department to which Jennings -- as a Massachusetts teacher -- would have been legally obliged to report the situation, did not return calls from FOXNews.com.

GLSEN spokesman Daryl Presgraves told FOXNews.com that all the attacks on Jennings were hate-motivated smears, but he declined to address individual issues.

"From falsehoods to misrepresentations to things taken out of context to outright smears -- all of which have been fully debunked -- these groups will stop at nothing to ensure that no effective action is taken to address bullying based on sexual orientation and gender identity/expression in America's schools.

"They have failed to derail and slander GLSEN's well-respected work in the education world, which includes partnerships with numerous national education organizations, and they now seek to tarnish Kevin Jennings' highly regarded career as an educator."

But Sprigg countered that nobody has adequately answered the questions that are being raised about Jennings.

Speaking of Jennings' job, he said: "I think it's unfortunate that [it] is a position that did not require any sort of confirmation process, because there are a lot of serious questions about Jennings and there has not been any forum in which Jennings has been required to answer the questions."

Jennings forwarded questions from FOXNews.com to Department of Education spokesman Justin Hamilton, who declined to comment.

But Terkel said that Jennings' appointment showed that the Obama administration was taking safe schools seriously.

"For a long time I think this position was largely neglected. It was seen as a throwaway position [by the Bush administration.] Now the Obama administration has made an attempt to find someone who, in many ways, seems tailor-made for this position. [Jennings] has devoted his whole career to promoting safe schools."

The ex-student at the center of a controversy involving "safe schools czar" Kevin Jennings is defending the U.S. Education Department official against accusations he failed to report an alleged underage sexual relationship between a former high schooler and "an older man."

The former student, referred to as "Brewster" in media reports and in previous writings by Jennings, said he was actually 16 years old and of legal consensual age at the time of the 1988 incident in Concord, Mass. Media reports had said the teen was 15 at the time, which would have made him underage.

“I was 16 when Kevin gave me the advice he gave me. I was born in July of 1971, and the conversation happened in 1988,” Brewster told FOX News on Friday.

"I had no sexual contact with anybody at the time, though I was entirely legally free to do so," Brewster said in an interview with Media Matters, a left-wing group.

The latest statements by "Brewster" are not entirely consistent with Jennings' various accounts of the 1988 incident, including at least one reference in Jennings' writings and speeches to a "15-year-old" to whom he said “I hope you knew to use a condom.”

"I said, 'What were you doing in Boston on a school night, Brewster?'” Jennings said to a rally in Iowa in 2000.

“He got very quiet, and he finally looked at me and said, 'Well I met someone in the bus station bathroom and I went home with him,'" Jennings recounted. "High school sophomore, 15 years old … I looked at Brewster and said, 'You know, I hope you knew to use a condom.’ He said to me something I will never forget, He said ‘Why should I, my life isn’t worth saving anyway.’'"

Click here to hear the full audio tape.

A letter filed by Jennings’ lawyer in 2004, however, states that Brewster was 16 at the time.

The lawyer’s letter also stated, in response to an NEA official who accused him of “unethical practices,” that there is no "factual basis" to claim that Jennings "engaged in any unethical practices, or that he was aware of any sexual victimization of any student,” despite Jennings' earlier statement about using a condom.

In his 1994 book, "One Teacher In 10," Jennings simply refers to Brewster as a "sophomore."

In the same book, Jennings says on page 25 that Brewster's relationship was with an "older man."

"On a hunch, I suddenly asked 'What's his name?' Brewster's eyes widened briefly, and then out spilled a story about his involvement with an older man he had met in Boston."

Whatever the precise circumstances of the "Brewster" case, Jennings on Wednesday issued a statement acknowledging the criticism of his role in it.

"Twenty one years later I can see how I should have handled this situation differently," he wrote. "I should have asked for more information and consulted legal or medical authorities."

"Teachers back then had little training or guidance about this kind of thing," Jennings said. "All teachers should have a basic level of preparedness. I would like to see the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools play a bigger role in helping to prepare teachers."
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: YUP! WE GOT A HOMOHUMPING NAMBLA STONER PERVERT CZAR! WTF?

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:09 pm

JoeMike....your hero isn't going to make it so you might as well go suck a few dozen strange cocks!

Enjoy!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Best line of the article:

"Fisting (forcing one's entire hand into another person's rectum or vagina) often gets a bad rap....[It's] an experience of letting somebody into your body that you want to be that close and intimate with...[and] to put you into an exploratory mode."

Umm...yeah.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Best phrase of the best line of the article ^: "...put you into an exploratory mode." WTF does that mean?

Dubya wanted "No Child Left Behind." Sounds like this guys just wants the behind. Get the fuck out of my country.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby joemack13 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Uber gay. Bring on the Super AIDS
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:04 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Best phrase of the best line of the article ^: "...put you into an exploratory mode." WTF does that mean?

Dubya wanted "No Child Left Behind." Sounds like this guys just wants the behind. Get the fuck out of my country.

bravo
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Best phrase of the best line of the article ^: "...put you into an exploratory mode." WTF does that mean?

bravo

SNOT BUSTER. LMAO!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:35 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:Best line of the article:

Umm...yeah.

disgustiad.

it's one thing if people do this shit in their own houses and i don't have to hear about it... it's another when not only are they openly talking about it in public, they are teaching it in schools. :puke
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby IllinoisEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:17 am

If you think 74 is serious, you are a fucking retard. It has become pretty clear that all these year's he's been a parody poster.
IllinoisEagle
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:41 am

IllinoisEagle {l Wrote}:If you think 74 is serious, you are a fucking retard. It has become pretty clear that all these year's he's been a parody poster.

Parody.

That's an A&S school word. I went to CSOM.

I have to google another description. Damn.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby IllinoisEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:44 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
IllinoisEagle {l Wrote}:If you think 74 is serious, you are a fucking retard. It has become pretty clear that all these year's he's been a parody poster.

Parody.

That's an A&S school word. I went to CSOM.

I have to google another description. Damn.

Was that English?
IllinoisEagle
n00b

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 am

Who was he parodying in 2003 when he and about 4 others guys were posting on Scout? He would reply to his own thread (with no one else commenting, mind you) multiple times. You've got this one all wrong.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:01 am

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

Who was he parodying in 2003 when he and about 4 others guys were posting on Scout? He would reply to his own thread (with no one else commenting, mind you) multiple times. You've got this one all wrong.

They were my many demented invisible schizoid friends arguing with me that TOB was the great disciplinarian and the ACC sucked.

I killed them off with mood altering bi-polar drugs NYC.

I think Caddy Geronimo and me hated TOB and wanted Urban Meyer and GDF passed.

Yes, the Urban Meyer at 2 National Title Florida.

The ACC Wars, I had no one on my side.

It was 1 against the world.

I think the ACC Cash train worlded out just as I said it would.

If anyone knows my 30K + in posts and history of things I said or wrote its the humble one NYC Eagle who was an original.

We have had our battles and disagreements, but on matters of Coaching, ACC, faith, morals, Women, Deli's...we are one.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:05 am

IllinoisEagle is just one of those contrarian douchebagolas that feels the need to log on every so often to tell us how juvenile and stupid we are. Don't bother.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby joemack13 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:08 am

I'd be bitter if I had to live in Illinois
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Obama picks openly gay lawyer for ambassadorship

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Wednesday he planned to nominate an openly gay lawyer as the U.S. ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa. If confirmed by the Senate, David Huebner would become the third openly gay ambassador in U.S. history and the first pick by this administration. In a statement released from the White House, Obama said he looked forward to working with Huebner and is confident he will represent the United States well in the Pacific region.

Huebner is based in Shanghai, where he handles international arbitration and mediation cases for a U.S. firm. A graduate of Princeton University and Yale Law School, he is also the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation's general counsel and previously served on the group's board.

He also has chaired the California Law Revision Commission, served as president of the Los Angeles Quality and Productivity Commission and taught at the University of Southern California's Gould School of Law.

Obama's announcement is a gesture just days before he speaks to a gay rights fundraising dinner on Saturday and gay activists march on Washington on Sunday.

Obama's relationship with gay activists has been rocky since his election. Gays and lesbians objected to the invitation of evangelist Rev. Rick Warren's to participate in Obama's inauguration because of Warren's support for repealing gay marriage in California. Obama responded by having Episcopalian Bishop V. Gene Robinson, the denomination's first openly gay bishop, participate at another event.

As president, Obama hasn't taken any concrete steps urging Congress to rescind the Clinton-era "don't ask, don't tell" policy that allows gays and lesbians to serve in the military as long as they don't disclose their sexual orientation or act on it. Some former chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff have acknowledged the policy is flawed.

The office of the current chairman, Adm. Mike Mullen, signed off on a journal article that called for lifting the ban, arguing that the military is forcing thousands of military members to live dishonest lives.

Obama also pledged during the campaign to work for repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act, which limits how state, local and federal bodies can recognize partnerships and determine benefits. But lawyers in his administration defended the law in a court brief. White House aides said they were only doing their jobs to back a law that was already on the books.

Officials said Obama's slow and incremental approach to the politically charged issues has produced some gains.

"The president made commitments on those issues — not just, quite frankly, in a presidential race but ran on some of those commitments in a Senate race," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said. "They are commitments that are important to him and he is intent on making progress on those issues and is working with the Pentagon to ensure, at least in 'don't ask, don't tell,' that we make progress on it."

Obama has expanded some federal benefits to same-sex partners, but not health benefits or pension guarantees. He has allowed State Department employees to include their same-sex partners in certain embassy programs available to opposite-sex spouses.

On Wednesday, Gibbs said the administration was working with the Office of Personnel Management to expand those benefits.

But that remains far short of his campaign rhetoric.

"At its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans," Obama said a 2007 statement on gay issues. "It's about whether this nation is going to live up to its founding promise of equality by treating all its citizens with dignity and respect."

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium