Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Patriots Weirdos

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:39 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Obstruction is a false pretense justification based on a shitty analogy to increased suspensions for using masking agents. There's no requirement that he had to give the league jack shit, so he can't be obstructing shit. Players are required to give the league piss.

I think you're getting too excited about the analogy to PEDs, which is likely no more than a throw away argument adding one more level of distinction between these facts and Doty's recent oversteps.

I assume you're not suggesting that there is no requirement to cooperate with the investigation?

He cooperated with the investigation. There's no requirement that he turn over any physical evidence or his phone, and he'd be a moron to do so. Wells didn't even ask for the phone. And you say this as if the union would have let him do it.

The PED argument was the only substantive justification for the length of the suspension or the idea that a player can be arbitrarily suspended further for a contrived "lack of cooperation."

Laughed out loud at the "Doty's oversteps" comment. Good work if you were trying to achieve irony, bomber approved.

:bored

It was kind of fun for awhile. Activist judiciary ruined it though.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:41 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Obstruction is a false pretense justification based on a shitty analogy to increased suspensions for using masking agents. There's no requirement that he had to give the league jack shit, so he can't be obstructing shit. Players are required to give the league piss.

I think you're getting too excited about the analogy to PEDs, which is likely no more than a throw away argument adding one more level of distinction between these facts and Doty's recent oversteps.

I assume you're not suggesting that there is no requirement to cooperate with the investigation?

He cooperated with the investigation. There's no requirement that he turn over any physical evidence or his phone, and he'd be a moron to do so. Wells didn't even ask for the phone. And you say this as if the union would have let him do it.

The PED argument was the only substantive justification for the length of the suspension or the idea that a player can be arbitrarily suspended further for a contrived "lack of cooperation."

Laughed out loud at the "Doty's oversteps" comment. Good work if you were trying to achieve irony, bomber approved.

:bored

It was kind of fun for awhile. Activist judiciary ruined it though.

They always do.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:42 am

The NFL owners should meet and vote to fire Roger Goodell for being a stupid, glorified intern who got his job as a result of his Senator father's efforts, who is so intellectually challenged that he could only get into Washington & Jefferson College (think of how stupid Al Gore is and yet with his Senator father's help he got into Harvard)

Just to solidify the demotion, Goodell should be marched to Faneuil Hall, stripped naked, and publically flogged. After this, Michael Vick should hoist him from a lamp post and have him drawn and quartered like one of his pooches.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:53 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:The NFL owners should meet and vote to fire Roger Goodell for being a stupid, glorified intern who got his job as a result of his Senator father's efforts, who is so intellectually challenged that he could only get into Washington & Jefferson College (think of how stupid Al Gore is and yet with his Senator father's help he got into Harvard)

Just to solidify the demotion, Goodell should be marched to Faneuil Hall, stripped naked, and publically flogged. After this, Michael Vick should hoist him from a lamp post and have him drawn and quartered like one of his pooches.

Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:54 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:The NFL owners should meet and vote to fire Roger Goodell for being a stupid, glorified intern who got his job as a result of his Senator father's efforts, who is so intellectually challenged that he could only get into Washington & Jefferson College (think of how stupid Al Gore is and yet with his Senator father's help he got into Harvard)

You should have a Boston area televised sports talkshow
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:06 pm

It doesn't require a Yahoo to discern that Goodell is grossly underqualified for the rigors of this position. He succeeded in getting the people on both sides of this absurd theater to think he is an idiot.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 pm

I'm not sure the Patriots have the offensive line or firepower to run up scores as badly as they did in 2007, nor are the division defenses as weak as they were then, but I wouldn't expect clock killing drives when the Pats are up 35-7 in the fourth at any time in the near future.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:13 pm

The real loser is Jimmy Garrapollo. Now he doesn't have a chance to go 3-1 as a starter and have some dumb team massively overpay him.

The Browns. It would've been the Browns.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:15 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:The real loser is Jimmy Garrapollo. Now he doesn't have a chance to go 3-1 as a starter and have some dumb team massively overpay him.

The Browns. It would've been the Browns.

sucka!

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Here's what I want to know.

When Greg Hardy returns from his suspension early in week 4, targets Brady and ends his career with a Theisman like leg injury and it results in league discipline, will Goodell recuse himself from the hearing?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:17 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Here's what I want to know.

When Greg Hardy returns from his suspension early in week 4, targets Brady and ends his career with a Theisman like leg injury and it results in league discipline, will Goodell recuse himself from the hearing?

No.

I really expected a lot more creative hand wringing this afternoon.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No.

Sorry, like I said this isn't really interesting anymore.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Maybe I'll catch you on the appeal?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:21 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Sorry, like I said this isn't really interesting anymore.

Thank heavens for lying hansen.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:22 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No.

Sorry, like I said this isn't really interesting anymore.

I appreciate your use of my shtick as an exit strategy, that's a better effort.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:24 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I don't even know how much traction that has.

Elsewhere, TRE seems to enjoy talking about Flutie's fit, but he seems like he's overdoing it and the chromosomally different posters have beaten the Jeff Smith potential into the ground.

Maybe I'll call eepstein an asshole on the h00pze1rd0 board later today.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:26 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Maybe I'll call eepstein an asshole on the h00pze1rd0 board later today.

or you can ask him about the new showers.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:29 pm

epstein being an asshole has less traction than the Natick Observer stirring up shit today. He revels in that moniker.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:31 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Elsewhere, TRE seems to enjoy talking about Flutie's fit, but he seems like he's overdoing it and the chromosomally different posters have beaten the Jeff Smith potential into the ground.

i think i had one post about flutie being the better "fit" but there aren't enough used golf club salesmen here to give that much of a go.

i'm also bored with "lying hansen" - likely because i've overdone it much like i overdo everything else.

i can probably get re-energized about millennials looking for a free ride hand out on shea field but even that feels overplayed.

this "good for new england" shit is terrible for message boardary...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:42 pm

and the NFL will appeal. Smart move for the league. I doubt this was RG's call.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:43 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:and the NFL will appeal. Smart move for the league. I doubt this was RG's call.

Which roman numeral RG?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:32 pm

Bad decision by a notoriously bad judge. I had figured someone would reign him in, but the days of Charlie Brieant and Tom Grisea keeping bad judges from embarrassing the SDNY ended when the Playboy Bunny became Chief. See Shira Scheindlein.

I do hope someone takes him out the way Jim McMahon was killed off or maybe some Jets weirdo can be persuaded to shoot him. Barring that it will be up to Eli to birch slap him around yet again.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:17 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Bad decision by a notoriously bad judge. I had figured someone would reign him in, but the days of Charlie Brieant and Tom Grisea keeping bad judges from embarrassing the SDNY ended when the Playboy Bunny became Chief. See Shira Scheindlein.

I do hope someone takes him out the way Jim McMahon was killed off or maybe some Jets weirdo can be persuaded to shoot him. Barring that it will be up to Eli to birch slap him around yet again.

Better get it done week 10 because that's the only chance the giants have of playing the pats this season.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:04 pm

#WhereIsMort
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:07 pm

TEBOW!!!

Eagles ship out Barkley and Tebow makes the cut. Chip Kelly means Seriuz Bizness. Green on the go!

Sanchez has got to ben thinking, WTF? Not him again.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:38 pm

eepstein0 circa 2000 {l Wrote}:Seen plenty of Belichick as a Browns fan. He can take over the Patriots and they'll continue to suck because he is a terrible coach. Good riddance
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:11 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:TEBOW!!!

Eagles ship out Barkley and Tebow makes the cut. Chip Kelly means Seriuz Bizness. Green on the go!

Sanchez has got to ben thinking, WTF? Not him again.

Tebow can play short yardage and 2-point conversions. Teams can't waste a spot on a 2nd clipboard holder.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:41 am

I don't want to sift through all the words in the articles out today about how deflategate was really about the spygate shit like I said earlier, so two questions: 1) am I right again now? and 2) is this interesting again or still boring?

Thanks
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:45 am

Still bored. It's nothing more than a cover for the ass beating that the NFL took last week. Basically says that poor Roger had to overreach because the Patriots might have done some stuff that was legal and then wasn't and for which they were already punished but not enough in the minds of a lot of owners because Goodell might be boys with Kraft so basically he had no choice but to do a "makeup call" on this one and come down hard and hold the line even though this stuff we thought was important wasn't go NFL you are awesome, was that good Attorney Pash?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:53 am

I think its funny that people (Patriots fans) view this as some kind of damage control or revenge for Goodell after the Deflategate ruling because, really, the person who looks the worst in this report is... Goodell.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium