Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Patriots Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:11 am

With the weather and everyone hurt the under was the only play. God bless the obvious.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Fucking patriots and a 7 point spread. A push is like chapter 7ing huang's sister... Commonplace

al michaels is the best

I did not appreciate him rubbing it in while the rest of the team clearly missed the point.

And a bababooie to you all
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:And a bababooie to you all

My favorite part from that bit was when Al Michaels tells Peter Jennings that the call was "totally farcical."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:With the weather and everyone hurt the under was the only play. God bless the obvious.

Sure which is why they didn't come close at all. Not because the Steelers left 10 to 14 points on the table by being stupid. Heyward-Bey has no sense of where he is on the field, which I guess isn't news.

Anyhow. Pretty stupid of the Steelers to burn Murphy's redshirt in garbage time like that, IMO.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:56 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Fucking patriots and a 7 point spread. A push is like chapter 7ing huang's sister... Commonplace

al michaels is the best

He probably has a bat phone to the MGM sports book.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:06 am

I think I have figured Headsetgate out.

Goodell and Mike Kensil messed with Tomlin's headsets. Don't believe their bullshit excuse that it was the power grid and the weather. They did it knowing full well that Belicheck would get blamed. Nice try.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:22 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:With the weather and everyone hurt the under was the only play. God bless the obvious.

Sure which is why they didn't come close at all. Not because the Steelers left 10 to 14 points on the table by being stupid. Heyward-Bey has no sense of where he is on the field, which I guess isn't news.

Anyhow. Pretty stupid of the Steelers to burn Murphy's redshirt in garbage time like that, IMO.

They also came close because of a garbage TD. Ifs and buts.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:25 am

10 to 14 points means theres no need for a garbage time TD. And yes I'm annoyed that I started the season down.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:44 am

from steelers.com (only interesting in that the team site is the source of the bitching about the cheating)
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-come-up-short-vs-Pats-28-21/ad8bc9f4-cbe1-4730-ac8d-e9e9aee21c5f

NO SURPRISE AT ALL
This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time. From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:44 am

Any word on what Dominique Easley tore this time?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:46 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Any word on what Dominique Easley tore this time?

Hansen's rectum
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:48 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Any word on what Dominique Easley tore this time?

Hansen's rectum

Hansen wishes...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:49 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:from steelers.com (only interesting in that the team site is the source of the bitching about the cheating)
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-come-up-short-vs-Pats-28-21/ad8bc9f4-cbe1-4730-ac8d-e9e9aee21c5f

NO SURPRISE AT ALL
This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time. From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.

A. The first time this happened, it happened to the Jets in Heinz Field during the AFC Championship game. Not surprisingly, the Jets made no excuses.

ii. NFL officials did not "approach the headsets" - the whole operation is run by them.

3. The Patriots headsets were out as well.

D. The Pats are renting space in heads and it is awesome
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
A. The first time this happened, it happened to the Jets in Heinz Field during the AFC Championship game. Not surprisingly, the Jets made no excuses.

ii. NFL officials did not "approach the headsets" - the whole operation is run by them.

A-3. Who cares whether they did it or not or if it happened before, the only interesting thing is to see what other teams do in response. I find the response on the team website to be kind of interesting, as it is not something I'd have expected. In the past the Rapelisberger nothing to see here, we didn't get it done (which they didn't) response would have been the company line. It may be a reach, but it appears the Rooneys can be added Woody Johnson and Bob McNair in the Anti-Kraft/Pats camp.

D. Sure enjoy it to the extent you can. I look forward to escalation, at this point its like watching a gunfight between two people that I dislike immensely who have terrible aim but are fortunately surrounded by a bunch of other people I also dislike immensely.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:15 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

A-3. Who cares whether they did it or not or if it happened before, the only interesting thing is to see what other teams do in response. I find the response on the team website to be kind of interesting, as it is not something I'd have expected. In the past the Rapelisberger nothing to see here, we didn't get it done (which they didn't) response would have been the company line. It may be a reach, but it appears the Rooneys can be added Woody Johnson and Bob McNair in the Anti-Kraft/Pats camp.

D. Sure enjoy it to the extent you can. I look forward to escalation, at this point its like watching a gunfight between two people that I dislike immensely who have terrible aim but are fortunately surrounded by a bunch of other people I also dislike immensely.

A-3 are just examples of D, as the Pats have no control over the radios. And it is glorious.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

A-3 are just examples of D, as the Pats have no control over the radios. And it is glorious.

I don't want to get into it because I think it's a non-story absent the volume of similar non-stories, but I don't think you understand the complaint Tomlin made.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:33 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I don't want to get into it because I think it's a non-story absent the volume of similar non-stories, but I don't think you understand the complaint Tomlin made.

He complained that the radios were hearing the Patriots broadcast for part of the game, and that it has happened before. Belichick complained that his radios were out as well. The people in charge of the radios, the NFL fixed the problem, which was tied to a power issue exacerbated by the weather. Tomlin is a crying bitch that presumably is smart enough to know how to coach with hand signals, although those might trip up the opposing team's players.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

He complained that the radios were hearing the Patriots broadcast for part of the game, and that it has happened before. Belichick complained that his radios were out as well. The people in charge of the radios, the NFL fixed the problem, which was tied to a power issue exacerbated by the weather. Tomlin is a crying bitch that presumably is smart enough to know how to coach with hand signals, although those might trip up the opposing team's players.

hand signals in gillette might not be the best option either
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:52 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

hand signals in gillette might not be the best option either

That was just a set up for my tripping joke.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:53 am

Again, I don't care if it's true or not, although I don't think any of it is disproven by 1) the NFL controlling the headsets (because of how radios work); or 2) the NFL saying the problem was power related (because weirdly the NFL and Pats are now both aligned in not having Pats cheating become a story 16 times this regular season). Fortunately, for those of us sitting back to watch the world burn, 31 other teams do have an interest in making the Pats cheating a story repeatedly.

But assuming all factors in the manner most favorable to Tomlin for the sake of conversation, the Pats broadcast kept coming through on the Steelers headsets making communication with the helmet receivers impossible, the Steelers complained to the NFL. The "equity rule" would have required both teams to go without headsets should one team's sets be determined to be unusable, but when the NFL representatives went to shut down the Pats headsets, the interference with the Steelers headphones ceased due to additional action taken by the Pats. The NFL made a self-serving denial of tampering, and instead blamed a power source issue. Belichik made a self serving statement that the Pats had the same issue as the Steelers to deflect the appearance of a bad act. In fact, the Patriots caused the interference and the cover up to avoid the equity rule, the Steelers fell behind by an insurmountable margin during the period of the interference and the Pats and NFL denied the occurance of a bad act for their respective best interests thus stealing yet another game away from the forces of fair play and righteousness in favor of everything wrong with sports and the world today.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby StratEagle on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:01 am

Steelers now accusing the Patriots of unfairly shifting their d line to cause a false start. It's gonna be a long long season of whining. Belichick is so in everyone else's heads it's not even funny.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:27 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Great line
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:36 am

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Great line

That line proves the point. In that analogy, if you are focused on the Patriots shooting their guns poorly, you're already an idiot.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:47 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Steelers now accusing the Patriots of unfairly shifting their d line to cause a false start. It's gonna be a long long season of whining. Belichick is so in everyone else's heads it's not even funny.

This is awesome.

BTW, the Pats company line of "we're in your heads" and "everyone else is haters" is fine and everything and probably accurate for many but I have a feeling we're going to be hearing it a whole lot for a long time.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:48 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Steelers now accusing the Patriots of unfairly shifting their d line to cause a false start. It's gonna be a long long season of whining. Belichick is so in everyone else's heads it's not even funny.

They are so getting into their heads it is hilarious.

“I thought that there was a rule against that,” Roethlisberger told reporters. “Maybe there’s not. Maybe it’s just an unwritten rule. … We saw it on film, that the Patriots do that. They shift and slide and do stuff on the goal line, knowing that it’s an itchy trigger finger-type down there.”

So Ben, when you saw it on film, did the refs throw a flag? You have been in the NFL for how long and you thought there was a rule against a shift? Or maybe an "unwritten rule"? What exactly is an unwritten rule?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:49 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I'm pretty sure the Steelers read this shift correctly and exploited it for their first TD. They're just mad that their OL couldn't sit still on this one.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Great line

That line proves the point. In that analogy, if you are focused on the Patriots shooting their guns poorly, you're already an idiot.

My comment was solely regarding 9903's description about his delight in a hostile situation between people he didn't like - It was well written and gave me a chuckle
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:56 am

As I see it there have been three distinct eras of Patriots cheating

1) The Early years - No one said anything, the NFL didn't really care.
2) 2007-2014 the Middle - teams like the Jets cared but no one else particularly did because the NFL quashed the complaints.
3) 2014-on Now - The NFL got mad very visibly and fucked the whole thing up. The Pats played it out in Court and in the court of public opinion. This has opened the flood gates to ownership of the other 31 teams taking it outside. There will be a ton of bitching. It should be fun.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:01 pm

This is borderline ineffective trolling. I'll let ghost take over.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This is borderline ineffective trolling. I'll let ghost take over.

If you're focused on the borderline part of it, you're already an idiot.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium