Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Patriots Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Well since what Brady did was equivalent to taking PEDs, he and Manning should be on an even plane from the "tarnished legacy" angle then.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:45 pm

Breaking news: Brady drops further appeals; will not pursue Supreme Court review.

Even with Ted Olsen he knew he had no case. Feel free to continue discussing his GOAT status, now that he 's basically admitted his guilt and will unequivocally be branded a cheater forever. I'll just sit here and :popcorn
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:35 pm

It's over. Praise the Lord.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Breaking news: Brady drops further appeals; will not pursue Supreme Court review.

Even with Ted Olsen he knew he had no case. Feel free to continue discussing his GOAT status, now that he 's basically admitted his guilt and will unequivocally be branded a cheater forever. I'll just sit here and :popcorn

Well no but, as I stated above, this is what people will interpret it as because people are retarded.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Breaking news: nobody outside of New England gives a shit about this
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:56 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Breaking news: nobody outside of New England gives a shit about this

This
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:22 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Breaking news: nobody outside of New England gives a shit about this

As a bills fan who would have had to see brady in week 4, I cared. Fuck tom brady. Fuck bob kraft.

The pats have no one to blame but the NFLPA and their shitty shitty negotiators. How terrible are they?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:09 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:And the 2nd Circuit delivers the kill shot to Brady's legacy. I imagine at this point he will ask the Supremes to hear the matter, but there is no way in hell that will happen although Breyer and Kagan may write a furious dissent when the rest of the Supremes refuse to hear the case.

On a related note, I was talking to the member of a family that owns one of the marquis franchises. This particular member of the family and I worked as law talking guys together and he splits his time between working on some of the family's other business holdings and occasionally working in a business role for the franchise. He told me that the animus towards the Patriots and Brady that resulted in this draconian sentence for a relatively mild offense--if we assume that Brady did in fact have the balls deflated--is the fact that the Pats were caught red handed cheating in some major ways (outside the normal parameters of seeking competitive advantage) and the league and owners chose to look the other way because of the damage it would do to the overall image of the league. Spygate was only a small portion of the spying and cheating that went on. Consequently, there was considerable pressure from the owners to drop the hammer here. Kraft thought he could alleviate the pressure by copping to the cheating, but the owners wanted to see the Patriots hurt on the field and while they were happy to humiliate Kraft, they were going to get Brady one way or the other. In essence, Brady got OJ'ed--hammered with a big punishment for a minor offense because he had skated on the really bad stuff in the past.

It is too bad, but you missed a golden opportunity to tell this family member what a stupid sack of shit he is. Punishing Brady for spygate would be as if you were pulled over for speeding and they sentenced you to two years in jail because your bass had previously been stopped for speeding and did not receive a ticket. Oh, and then you look at the cop's radar gun and it says 65 and you were a 65 mile an hour zone.

You also could have told him that teams in the NFL use film. It is perfectly legal to film from approved areas. The patriots were filming from a part of the field that everyone used until the memo came out that banned it.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:19 am

On the contrary, I'm prety sure this story is the only thing HOMOJS has to live for at this point, what with his hero getting implicated in the Sandusky cover-up. :quadlaser
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Manning admitted his wife used HGH from the clinic in his denials. HGH is only legal for very specific medical uses (muscle wasting, certain childhood growth disorders, pituatory tumors, certain treatments for the elderly), none of which his wife would fall under.

So Manning recovered from multiple neck surgeries and came back to set passing records, all while his wife was receiving HGH.

Nothing to see here. The NFL is such a joke.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:15 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:HGH is only legal for very specific medical uses (muscle wasting, certain childhood growth disorders, pituatory tumors, certain treatments for the elderly), none of which his wife would fall under.

I don't believe you are correct.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:40 am

We are all Patriots! :flagus
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:32 pm

If Belichick can turn Jacoby Brissett into a winning quarterback in two days, I think it's fair to say then that Tom Brady is nothing special, but Bill is the GOAT.

::ducks::
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:54 pm

agreed. brady is like timmy chang, a system qb
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:40 pm

We'll see how good Bill is in a few days. Brissett is out, needs surgery. Matt Flynn anyone?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:50 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:If Belichick can turn Jacoby Brissett into a winning quarterback in two days, I think it's fair to say then that Tom Brady is nothing special, but Bill is the GOAT.

::ducks::

Except that Bill was 5-13 with Drew Bledsoe and then Tom Brady took over and completely changed things. They're both excellent.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:17 am

Well, you guys can ask basselope what a fucking genius belichick was in Cleveland.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:56 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Well, you guys can ask basselope what a fucking genius belichick was in Cleveland.

I understand he was a genius at banging hookers right in the coach's office in the middle of the day.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Well Goodell has dropped the hammer on the Giants for walkie-talkiegate. The team will pay a $150,000 fine, McAdoo will pay a $50,000 fine, and the team’s fourth-round pick will move down at the most by 12 places. It is good to see that Roger and Mara are upholding the integrity of the game. Not even the Giants can get away with a clear violation of the prohibition of using a walki talki by the coach during a game. Even though Eli was "generally aware" that the coach was communicating to him illegally, it is good to see that he was not penalized.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Looks like the Pats will get the winner of Oakland/Houston. Basically a double bye now that Carr is out.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Solid year for my Bucs are 9-7 without the almighty Lovie Smith.

Need to add a couple of weapons for Jameis.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:49 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Looks like the Pats will get the winner of Oakland/Houston. Basically a double bye now that Carr is out.

Not if Miami knocks off Pittsburgh. How many times in the entire history of the NFL has one team beaten another team 3 times in the same season?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:54 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Looks like the Pats will get the winner of Oakland/Houston. Basically a double bye now that Carr is out.

Not if Miami knocks off Pittsburgh. How many times in the entire history of the NFL has one team beaten another team 3 times in the same season?

I suppose Dolphins could pull it off against the Steelers, but I'd be surprised.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:01 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I suppose Dolphins could pull it off against the Steelers, but I'd be surprised.

So would I.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:32 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

So would I.

Miami is 9-2 in their last 11 games, including a convincing win against the Steelers. I'm not saying that they're going to win, but it wouldn't surprise me. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:45 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

So would I.

Miami is 9-2 in their last 11 games, including a convincing win against the Steelers. I'm not saying that they're going to win, but it wouldn't surprise me. :shrug

I forgot about that game. In the parity football league, shouldn't assume anything.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:51 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

So would I.

It would be shocking. Miami QB play is horrid.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:55 pm

the pats have a double bye to the afc championship, there's zero chance they're losing to oakland, houston or miami

on a similar note, the afc is absolutely horrid compared to the nfc
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:12 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:the pats have a double bye to the afc championship, there's zero chance they're losing to oakland, houston or Miami

I hope you are right

claver2010 {l Wrote}:on a similar note, the afc is absolutely horrid compared to the nfc

Hmmmmmm? I think....

NE > KC > Dallas > Seattle > Atlanta > Giants > Miami > Green Bay > Detroit > Pittsburgh > Houston > David Carr-less Raiders

....that the NFC dominates the "center" and the AFC is bi-polar. The NFC teams have the most depth and parity (with one another) in the playoffs. Any AFC team could win. I'd say only 3 AFC teams have a shot, but two of them are the best in the league.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:the pats have a double bye to the afc championship, there's zero chance they're losing to oakland, houston or miami

on a similar note, the afc is absolutely horrid compared to the nfc

The NFC sucks. Two rookies dominate that weak ass conference.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium