Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Patriots Weirdos

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Dunbar gets a 4 game PED suspension.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:26 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Dunbar gets a 4 game PED suspension.

That stinks, but what NFL linebacker is not on PEDs?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 am

Rolling Stone says Hernandez will be back in the NFL in 4 years.

"I think (the case) is not only beatable, (but) I think he will be back in the NFL within three or four years,” Rolling Stones contributing editor Paul Solotaroff said on The Doug Gottlieb Show. “I think they’ve grossly overcharged him based on the case they’re building – no direct eye witness, no murder weapon (and) no plausible motive.”

His principle nemesis at this point is likely to be the five gun charges levied against him; I think they got him dead to right on most of those,” Solotaroff said. “But as crazy as it sounds, this is a guy with no priors. So asking a judge to sentence Hernandez to consecutive prison bids – rather than contemporary ones – is going to be a very hard sell for the prosecution. And if in fact he winds up doing three years behind (bars for) those gun charges – which would be a lot in this case – he’s 26, 27, with very low mileage on those legs of his and a lot of time to heal up. My sources tell me there will be more than one NFL team pursuing him hotly when he walks out of jail in four years"

http://gottlieb.radio.cbssports.com/201 ... ercharged/
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:00 pm

If anyone is still looking for a fantasy team name, I suggest Belichick's Safehouse. Be the first on your block to use it.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:43 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Rolling Stone says Hernandez will be back in the NFL in 4 years.

"I think (the case) is not only beatable, (but) I think he will be back in the NFL within three or four years,” Rolling Stones contributing editor Paul Solotaroff said on The Doug Gottlieb Show. “I think they’ve grossly overcharged him based on the case they’re building – no direct eye witness, no murder weapon (and) no plausible motive.”

His principle nemesis at this point is likely to be the five gun charges levied against him; I think they got him dead to right on most of those,” Solotaroff said. “But as crazy as it sounds, this is a guy with no priors. So asking a judge to sentence Hernandez to consecutive prison bids – rather than contemporary ones – is going to be a very hard sell for the prosecution. And if in fact he winds up doing three years behind (bars for) those gun charges – which would be a lot in this case – he’s 26, 27, with very low mileage on those legs of his and a lot of time to heal up. My sources tell me there will be more than one NFL team pursuing him hotly when he walks out of jail in four years"

This and the article is just another example of how big of a joke Rolling Stone is. Oh, and the fact they used Ron Borges to write about the Patriots.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:56 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Rolling Stone says Hernandez will be back in the NFL in 4 years.

This and the article is just another example of how big of a joke Rolling Stone is. Oh, and the fact they used Ron Borges to write about the Patriots.

I didn't realize they actually used Borges as a source. That's hilarious but not at all shocking.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

I didn't realize they actually used Borges as a source. That's hilarious but not at all shocking.

He wasn't just a source. He's on the freaking byline. Basically all of the Boston stuff, including the strip club in Southie part, was all Borges and presumably plagarized. The guy can write boxing like few can but is god awful otherwise.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:27 am

That was an ugly game and they looked bad. :quadlaser
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:33 am

the patriots do not appear to be very good at footballing. especially the catching a thrown ball part
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MaxxPower325 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:35 am

There are probably 4-5 teams the Pats can beat right now & they have just played two of them...

2-0 is 2-0 though.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:47 am

It was nice to see an actual pass rush but a lot of that credit goes to the Jets for being terrible.

I'm not sure what they were expecting to do this season, but the receivers were thin even before the Hernandez story came out. They knew Gronk was hurt and Amendola was injury-prone. Considering this team's history with drafting WRs they could have expected Boyce, Dobson, or Thompkins to be effective right away.

I think Deadspin said it best: this is a 9-7 team that will go 12-4 because of their weak division. They'll win their first playoff game against an upstart, feel-good story type team that's just happy to be there, and then they'll lose to a good defensive team because they'll have no answer.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:12 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I think Deadspin said it best: this is a 9-7 team that will go 12-4 because of their weak division. They'll win their first playoff game against an upstart, feel-good story type team that's just happy to be there, and then they'll lose to a good defensive team because they'll have no answer.

That's been the last 2-3 years really.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:15 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I think Deadspin said it best: this is a 9-7 team that will go 12-4 because of their weak division. They'll win their first playoff game against an upstart, feel-good story type team that's just happy to be there, and then they'll lose to a good defensive team because they'll have no answer.

That's been the last 2-3 years really.

Yup.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:35 am

The danger with letting Welker go and signing Amandona was that Amandona has a history of being injury prone. He is now going to be out for maybe 6 games. Welker hardly ever missed a game.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13311&p=338616&hilit=Welker#p338616
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:42 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:If anyone is still looking for a fantasy team name, I suggest Belichick's Safehouse. Be the first on your block to use it.

I would suggest "Wilfork you up!" or "Wilfork on the first date" Accent on the Wilfork
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:53 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:The danger with letting Welker go and signing Amandona was that Amandona has a history of being injury prone. He is now going to be out for maybe 6 games. Welker hardly ever missed a game.

Who didn't see this coming
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:03 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:The danger with letting Welker go and signing Amandona was that Amandona has a history of being injury prone. He is now going to be out for maybe 6 games. Welker hardly ever missed a game.

I was okay with letting Welker go and signing Amendola who is younger, faster, taller, and cheaper, but they needed to sign another veteran and they failed. They must have been really confident they were going to get Sanders from Pittsburgh, because it appears they have no backup plan.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

I was okay with letting Welker go and signing Amendola who is younger, faster, taller, and cheaper, but they needed to sign another veteran and they failed. They must have been really confident they were going to get Sanders from Pittsburgh, because it appears they have no backup plan.

actually, they do. it's called "losing" and is the same backup plan the giants have for their defense
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Aaron Dobson didn't drop a single ball his senior year at Marshall. Last night was an abomination, but I think it is a bit early to write him off as suffering from anything other than first game jitters. Frankly, the fact that he was that wide open that many times is a good sign.

I also think that the Pats intend to run the ball and play defense, the latter of which they have not done in 5 years (corresponding to the time that they have been a threat but have not won the SB). While the Bills and Jets suck, they both have great D-lines. The high octane offense has been fun to watch the past few years. It's only gotten them so far against the good defenses. They had three super bowls with shitty receivers, great defense, Antawan Smith and Corey Dillon.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:28 pm

It looks like they finally have a secondary, so the D looks pretty impressive and will keep them in many games.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:31 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:It looks like they finally have a secondary, so the D looks pretty impressive and will keep them in many games.

as long as they play the worst offensive teams in the league every week
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm not writing the rookies off, but we haven't seen the Patriots show any patience when it comes to developing new wide receivers, so I'm not expecting these guys to be world beaters early on.

It was great to see a pass rush last night but I can't really tell how much of that was the defense and how much of that was just the Jets.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle216 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Brady has been in the league 10+ years. Who has been the best QB to oppose him in his division? Its like he pays the 3 other teams to not even try to win. I know this is a bit overstated, so please relax, but Brady is the Larry Holmes of football.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:30 pm

The Jets should be relegated.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Aaron Dobson didn't drop a single ball his senior year at Marshall. Last night was an abomination, but I think it is a bit early to write him off as suffering from anything other than first game jitters. Frankly, the fact that he was that wide open that many times is a good sign.

I also think that the Pats intend to run the ball and play defense, the latter of which they have not done in 5 years (corresponding to the time that they have been a threat but have not won the SB). While the Bills and Jets suck, they both have great D-lines. The high octane offense has been fun to watch the past few years. It's only gotten them so far against the good defenses. They had three super bowls with shitty receivers, great defense, Antawan Smith and Corey Dillon.

Certain stats like drops aren't counted for non-BCS teams for whatever reason. They played two BCS teams his senior year so he didn't have any drops in those games but file this one away under poor reporting.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:42 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Aaron Dobson didn't drop a single ball his senior year at Marshall. Last night was an abomination, but I think it is a bit early to write him off as suffering from anything other than first game jitters. Frankly, the fact that he was that wide open that many times is a good sign.

Certain stats like drops aren't counted for non-BCS teams for whatever reason. They played two BCS teams his senior year so he didn't have any drops in those games but file this one away under poor reporting.

You mean that they aren't counted in non-AQ conferences? Because Marshall is in Conference USA, which is a BCS conference. And I have never heard that qualification when the millions of people have reported it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:45 am

P&S, they also know that Dobson had "92 targets". I assume it wouldn't be too difficult when scouting a player to go back and watch all his game tape and count drops and targets.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:16 am

Yes, I meant AQ, whatever, you know what I mean. And it's not the scouting, it's the reporting. His profile or whatever lists him as having 0 drops because they default to 0 for non-AQ games and he apparently had 0 in his two BCS conference games. Here's evidence at the 2:20 mark and another at about 3:20 when they played UCF. It's a nice narrative but just not true.

Last edited by flyingelvii on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:19 am

Okay, he had a drop. That said, that tape actually makes me think he has even better hands than expected.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:29 am

Two actually. Which is why pointing out that stat as evidence of him having good hands is stupid.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium