Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Haynesworth and Ochocinco to the Patriots

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:So this season Belichick has cut Sanders, Bodden, Merriweather, Warren, Wilhite, and now Haynesworth from the defense. And I'd forgotten Ellis was still on the team.

Defensive Genius! Or you can look at his defensive picks from the past couple of years...

He is a defensive genius. He seems to care less and less about defense each season though. :shrug

I think a big part of it, as Dave mentioned, is that he is much better at cooking than he is as buying the ingredients.

Yeah. Hard to cook a five-star meal when you have shit to work with. To keep the food analogy going.

He cooks and eats shit?????? :ignign

He also calls the shit poop.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Belichick's biggest problem is that he has the absolute worst staff in the history of the NFL. Starting with the GM.

No seriously, have you looked at the experience/backgrounds of the coordinators? What a shit show. Felger was ranting about this today (In my defense, I happened to be stuck in a car)
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Belichick's biggest problem is that he has the absolute worst staff in the history of the NFL. Starting with the GM.

No seriously, have you looked at the experience/backgrounds of the coordinators? What a shit show. Felger was ranting about this today (In my defense, I happened to be stuck in a car)

Yes, that is indeed a huge problem as well. Not only are they a bunch of yes-men, they have little experience. The d-coordinator should be Rob Ryan, Dom Capers, or Romeo Crenel, all of whom have been on staff and were recently available. Instead, there is no defensive coordinator.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:06 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Belichick's biggest problem is that he has the absolute worst staff in the history of the NFL. Starting with the GM.

Yes, that is indeed a huge problem as well. Not only are they a bunch of yes-men, they have little experience. The d-coordinator should be Rob Ryan, Dom Capers, or Romeo Crenel, all of whom have been on staff and were recently available. Instead, there is no defensive coordinator.

Capers left after his stint on the staff clearly didn't work as planned. I doubt Crennell would want to come back to his former job under his former boss, kind of a spread your own wings thing IMO. Don't know enough about the Rob Ryan situation to give an opinion on it.

And there is a defensive coordinator, there just isn't anyone with the title. Same way BOB was the OC for at least a year, maybe two, before officially getting the title. Not sure the reason but there's a lot of shit Belichick does that I don't understand.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Bill Belichick {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:there's a lot of shit Belichick does that I don't understand.

Yes, it's working!
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:50 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
Bill Belichick {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:there's a lot of shit Belichick does that I don't understand.

Yes, it's working!

Meh. Can't really complain with the results so far. We're spoiled as shit as a fan base and the bitching about a 5-3 team with one of the top offenses in the league is a luxury I'm glad I can be afforded with.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:09 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:This thread is fun to read through 3 months later.

It's even more fun to read through while watching an over-the-hill Ochocinco abuse Cromartie on a Sunday night.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Rex just proved that he is about as good at utilizing his time-outs as Coach Handsome.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Andre Carter is out of his gourd tonight. You simply don't do that to D'Brick. Guy might be the best tackle in the game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Did the groper just injure the crier?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:39 am

Tonight was the perfect example of how a good pass rush can cover up a lot of warts. Andre Carter and Mark Anderson were relentless. And Mark Sanchez still sucks.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:52 am

“Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, s--- my d---,” the Patriots coach said in celebration.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/bel ... z1dhQVvZe8
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:22 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:“Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, s--- my d---,” the Patriots coach said in celebration.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/bel ... z1dhQVvZe8

I would have thought he'd be more excited about the worst defense in the league only giving up 14 points.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:38 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Capers left after his stint on the staff clearly didn't work as planned. I doubt Crennell would want to come back to his former job under his former boss, kind of a spread your own wings thing IMO. Don't know enough about the Rob Ryan situation to give an opinion on it.

And there is a defensive coordinator, there just isn't anyone with the title. Same way BOB was the OC for at least a year, maybe two, before officially getting the title. Not sure the reason but there's a lot of shit Belichick does that I don't understand.

But it's not working. Bring in a legitimate D-Coordinator and maybe they'll win another title.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Pats released Ochocinco.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
I think 85 is shot but he's always wanted to play for Belichick.

HGAW

:shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
I think 85 is shot but he's always wanted to play for Belichick.

HGAW

:shrug

hansenpost
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:13 pm

My thoughts on this, which is the biggest sports story in these parts today:
1) The video is painfully cringe-inducing. I feel embarrassed watching it.
2) I'm not going to judge Bob Kraft for nailing a gold digger. He's 71 years old. He was married for 48 years. Maybe this is something he never got out of his system and wants to do before he dies. I can understand that.
3) I am going to judge Bob Kraft for not knowing better about how this relationship was going to be received. This video aside, he started making public appearances with this bimbo in June. The Patriots are one of the most PR-conscious franchises in sports, I assumed that was a philosophy that flowed from the top down. Clearly not. Or maybe he is starting to lose his marbles. Either way, today I realized he is not as smart as I thought he was.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:33 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

My thoughts on this, which is the biggest sports story in these parts today:
1) The video is painfully cringe-inducing. I feel embarrassed watching it.
2) I'm not going to judge Bob Kraft for nailing a gold digger. He's 71 years old. He was married for 48 years. Maybe this is something he never got out of his system and wants to do before he dies. I can understand that.
3) I am going to judge Bob Kraft for not knowing better about how this relationship was going to be received. This video aside, he started making public appearances with this bimbo in June. The Patriots are one of the most PR-conscious franchises in sports, I assumed that was a philosophy that flowed from the top down. Clearly not. Or maybe he is starting to lose his marbles. Either way, today I realized he is not as smart as I thought he was.

you would think bob kraft could get better poon than that. just sayin' is all.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:47 pm

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:50 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:2) I'm not going to judge Bob Kraft for nailing a gold digger. He's 71 years old. He was married for 48 years. Maybe this is something he never got out of his system and wants to do before he dies. I can understand that.

Agreed. and for that matter, I don't blame the gold digger for nailing Bob Kraft. Gold digger/Gold diggee relationships are almost always characterized by both parties knowing exactly what they're getting out of the relationship. If the gold-digger is willing to sleep with an old dude for cash, that's her business. If Kraft wants to pay to nail a young, although not-that-hot girl, so be it.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:3) I am going to judge Bob Kraft for not knowing better about how this relationship was going to be received. This video aside, he started making public appearances with this bimbo in June. The Patriots are one of the most PR-conscious franchises in sports, I assumed that was a philosophy that flowed from the top down. Clearly not. Or maybe he is starting to lose his marbles. Either way, today I realized he is not as smart as I thought he was.

I think Bob lost his marbles a few years back. Whenever he is interviewed or speaks in public, it is painful to watch. He is not sharp anymore. I think his son does the heavy lifting.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:09 am

I think that's fair.

The Krafts have a long history with my area of the company I work at so they come around several times per year and it's nearly always Jonathan that does the talking while Bob plays the Napoleon role.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:19 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I think that's fair.

The Krafts have a long history with my area of the company I work at so they come around several times per year and it's nearly always Jonathan that does the talking while Bob plays the Napoleon role.

Did Bob ever hit on any of your co-workers?

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

4 - 6 - masturbation
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Big Ron Brace is making some noise at the Pats camp so far.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Big Ron Brace is making some noise at the Pats camp so far.

From the Globe's Camp Report:

■ Don’t look now, but Brace is turning some heads. He’s showing off power and surprising quickness. Amazing what actually practicing can do. This is the first of his three camps in which Brace has been on the field in the first week.

This is a big year for Brace. Either he contributes or the Pats are likely to cut him loose.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:14 pm

It's also his contract year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:45 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

4 - 6 - masturbation

i'll stick with 4
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium