Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Patriots Weirdos

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:09 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:jets gave up a 7th round draft pick for a guy who is a significant upgrade over Geno smith. I'll take it every day

Enjoy Fitzy, who flamed out in both buffalo and houston. Also, Chris Crane is a significant upgrade over Geno Smith

Yeah, I'm really expecting Andrew Luck out of him.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:16 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:im just waiting for more spin...its priceless

schefter tweets out yesterday that the jets are the favorites w the pats making one last run at him

then some guy in the boston media says the pats were actually out over the weekend and were trying to get the jets to bid against themselves.

ill take schefters word for it on that one

There is simple no good spin on this for the Pats or the Jets. It's pretty terrible for both.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

schefter tweets out yesterday that the jets are the favorites w the pats making one last run at him

then some guy in the boston media says the pats were actually out over the weekend and were trying to get the jets to bid against themselves.

There is simple no good spin on this for the Pats or the Jets. It's pretty terrible for both.

really isnt terrible for the jets. but keep telling yourself that
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:39 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

really isnt terrible for the jets. but keep telling yourself that

It's awful for the Jets. Lot of teams winning divisions with a corner as their only player.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Braylon, shall we make a bet on whether the Jets finish higher than third in the division for the 3 years Revis is in New Jersey?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Braylon, shall we make a bet on whether the Jets finish higher than third in the division for the 3 years Revis is in New Jersey?

shall we wager a gucci hat?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:55 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Braylon, shall we make a bet on whether the Jets finish higher than third in the division for the 3 years Revis is in New Jersey?

shall we wager a gucci hat?

you both know you want to wager a blumpkin so just go ahead and get it over with
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:10 pm

I found this to be somewhat on point. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ndamukong-suh-is-cursed/

With both a hard salary cap and salary floor, an NFL team doesn’t win by paying players exactly what they’re worth — it wins by paying them far less than they’re worth.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:16 pm

I will reiterate. A 7th rd pick for a reasonable upgrade at qb is a nice move. Only Pats weirdos who insistvevery 7th Rd pick Belicheck makes is a sign of his genius would think otherwise.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:26 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:I will reiterate. A 7th rd pick for a reasonable upgrade at qb is a nice move. Only Pats weirdos who insistvevery 7th Rd pick Belicheck makes is a sign of his genius would think otherwise.

The move itself isn't a bad one. However, considering that Fitzy will be your QB after all of the $$ you guys spent, it's a joke; a bandaid covering a severed limb.

Getting their starting QB for a 7th round pick was a good move for the JETS. Spending that kind of $ for a CB when your QB is Fitzy is dumb.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:36 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:I will reiterate. A 7th rd pick for a reasonable upgrade at qb is a nice move. Only Pats weirdos who insistvevery 7th Rd pick Belicheck makes is a sign of his genius would think otherwise.

The move itself isn't a bad one. However, assuming Fitzy will be your QB after all of the $$ you guys spent and moves you made, it's a joke; a bandaid covering a severed limb.

so if you don't have a qb (like the majority of the league) you should just not sign any premium players and just wait for one to come to you? got it.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:40 pm

this "don't spend money on premium players if you don't have a top qb" is logic straight out of costco. so i assume the texans shouldn't have paid for JJ Watt? browns shouldn't pay joe haden?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:45 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:this "don't spend money on premium players if you don't have a top qb" is logic straight out of costco. so i assume the texans shouldn't have paid for JJ Watt? browns shouldn't pay joe haden?

Revis, Haden & Watt are the same age?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

The move itself isn't a bad one. However, considering that Fitzy will be your QB after all of the $$ you guys spent, it's a joke; a bandaid covering a severed limb.

Getting their starting QB for a 7th round pick was a good move for the JETS. Spending that kind of $ for a CB when your QB is Fitzy is dumb.

This. Nothing wrong with Fitz other than that you paid a corner on a 4th place team your QB money.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:47 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:this "don't spend money on premium players if you don't have a top qb" is logic straight out of costco. so i assume the texans shouldn't have paid for JJ Watt? browns shouldn't pay joe haden?

QB league. Facts of life.

That said, CB is different that DL. The Haden comparison is a fair one. Congrats, you emulated the Browns.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

That said, CB is different that DL. The Haden comparison is a fair one. Congrats, you emulated the Browns.

nobody denies its a qb league. that doesn't mean you sit around and just tank til one comes to you.

that said, I'm sure you were just as critical of the moves the jets made in the run up to two championship game runs seeing as they had no qb then either.
Last edited by commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:53 pm

patriots fans (especially the higgi type) are the best
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:53 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Pash rushing lb as well as DL

so the seahawks shouldn't spend on sherman thomas and chancellor?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:54 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

nobody denies its a qb league. that doesn't mean you sit around and just tank til one comes to you.

that said, I'm sure you were just as critical of the moves the jets made in the run up to two championship game runs seeing as they had no qb then either.

It makes it that much harder to find one when you use the QB money on a CB. Elite corners make the difference between AFCCG and the SB. They aren't going to pull a team out of last. They just don't have enough involvement in the game.

I don't remember much about the Jets AFCCG runs other than Brady getting hurt for one of them
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It makes it that much harder to find one when you use the QB money on a CB. Elite corners make the difference between AFCCG and the SB. They aren't going to pull a team out of last. They just don't have enough involvement in the game.

am i missing the qb thats out there waiting for the jets to scoop up?

if its drew brees, why are / would the jets be the only team pursuing him? surely oakland would love him.

franchise qb's are found in the draft. and they're on the rookie wage scale. so having minimal cap doesn't matter (see seattle). you'd have to go back years to find the last top 10 qb that changed teams while he still had talent (outside of manning). even then with manning, you've got 1 qb and 8-12 teams vying for him. 12% chance at best.

ill take my chances on stacking my team and then hoping to have a franchise qb fall into my lap in the draft. thats pretty much been the formula for any and all successful teams the last 15 years.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:58 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:patriots fans (especially the higgi type) are the best

Can't disagree, but you aren't doing justice to Jets fans right now. Most of the ones I know are remaining quiet
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:59 pm

for the record, of course i agree drew brees (or any top 12 qb) is far more impactful to a team that has no qb than the top cb is to any team that has no qb. would anyone ever argue that?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:59 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Their QB is above average.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm still missing what teams should be doing that don't have above average qbs.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:02 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yes, he fits their run heavy system well with the read option.

you supporting tw's argument takes credibility from it
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:03 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

if its drew brees, why are / would the jets be the only team pursuing him? surely oakland would love him.

franchise qb's are found in the draft. and they're on the rookie wage scale. so having minimal cap doesn't matter (see seattle). you'd have to go back years to find the last top 10 qb that changed teams while he still had talent (outside of manning). even then with manning, you've got 1 qb and 8-12 teams vying for him. 12% chance at best.

ill take my chances on stacking my team and then hoping to have a franchise qb fall into my lap in the draft. thats pretty much been the formula for any and all successful teams the last 15 years.

Good luck. It usually works the other way around - stack the team after you suck enough to get the franchise QB. See Aikman, Manning, Luck, Elway, Marino. Even Brees and Rivers and Ryan were early picks on bad teams. Rodgers, Romo, Brady and the other accidents are special cases. Flacco is somewhere in between. Stacking your team before you get the QB means you will be just good enough to not get the QB in the draft.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:07 pm

As far as Wilson goes, he's not elite but I think he is underrated. That said, that team was perfect drafting on the defensive side of the ball, hitting HRs across the board for a while. Let's see if that is sustainable the way that the success of teams with elite QBs is sustainable. The same 8 teams are the favorites every year - and most have elite QBs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good luck. It usually works the other way around - stack the team after you suck enough to get the franchise QB. See Aikman, Manning, Luck, Elway, Marino. Even Brees and Rivers and Ryan were early picks on bad teams. Rodgers, Romo, Brady and the other accidents are special cases. Flacco is somewhere in between. Stacking your team before you get the QB means you will be just good enough to not get the QB in the draft.

so 15ish teams should do absolutely nothing but tank every year and hope the top third qb is 1 that is identified when he comes out as a top 3 pick as opposed to the 9 of the top 12 current top 12 qb's who were not top 3 picks AND there the year you have the top 3 pick.

got it.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:10 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

so 15ish teams should do absolutely nothing but tank every year and hope the top third qb is 1 that is identified when he comes out as a top 3 pick as opposed to the 9 of the top 12 current top 12 qb's who were not top 3 picks AND there the year you have the top 3 pick.

got it.

No one said anything about tanking, I said don't spend 39 million on a CB when your QB plan is to pray to stumble upon the next Tom Brady.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:13 pm

so what would you have spent it on
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium