Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Patriots Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 10:30 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I just look at the bright side, at least my team cheats instead of hiring a racist coach. One method wins.

it is yet to be determined whether the second method wins.

Well we know it is lights out in September and October.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon May 11, 2015 10:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I just look at the bright side, at least my team cheats instead of hiring a racist coach. One method wins.

1991-1993 Cleveland Browns.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 10:55 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

So Chip will start cheating and be good with the Patriots in 10 years?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon May 11, 2015 11:00 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:This whole thing is retarded.

Did Goodell know about the sting operation?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon May 11, 2015 11:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

So Chip will start cheating and be good with the Patriots in 10 years?

No remember, he's racist not a cheater. His trajectory will look like this: 1) getting rid of all the good black players (tm shady mccoy); 2)??? 3) 100 superbowls with the Eagles.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 11, 2015 11:24 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Did Goodell know about the sting operation?

I don't think so but people working for the NFL certainly knew about it.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon May 11, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm enjoying the local theory that the NFL for some reason wants to smear the name of the all-World Golden Boy QB and the winners of one of the most exciting Super Bowls in history during the offseason.

At least the posters here seem to grasp the fact that its not a conspiracy so much as it is gross incompetence on the NFL's part.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 3:36 pm

My theory is more a long the lines of "the NFL blew a minor violation that resulted from a Keystone Kop sting operation run by a Colts executive and a Jets executive because of an embarrassed Ravens coach and which it recently deemed worth of no punishment when it was the Chargers and Vikings, into the biggest controversy of all time to hype the Super Bowl, found out there was no evidence even though we're all pretty sure it has happened, if not in that game, some other, freaked out, hired the law firm that considers it one of its biggest clients to write a report, and then waited until after the draft hoping no one would notice when they issue a suspension that will later be removed on appeal so that Brady plays opening night."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon May 11, 2015 3:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My theory is more a long the lines of "the NFL blew a minor violation that resulted from a Keystone Kop sting operation run by a Colts executive and a Jets executive because of an embarrassed Ravens coach and which it recently deemed worth of no punishment when it was the Chargers and Vikings, into the biggest controversy of all time to hype the Super Bowl, found out there was no evidence even though we're all pretty sure it has happened, if not in that game, some other, freaked out, hired the law firm that considers it one of its biggest clients to write a report, and then waited until after the draft hoping no one would notice when they issue a suspension that will later be removed on appeal so that Brady plays opening night."

this theory is wrong and bad.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 4:04 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My theory is more a long the lines of "the NFL blew a minor violation that resulted from a Keystone Kop sting operation run by a Colts executive and a Jets executive because of an embarrassed Ravens coach and which it recently deemed worth of no punishment when it was the Chargers and Vikings, into the biggest controversy of all time to hype the Super Bowl, found out there was no evidence even though we're all pretty sure it has happened, if not in that game, some other, freaked out, hired the law firm that considers it one of its biggest clients to write a report, and then waited until after the draft hoping no one would notice when they issue a suspension that will later be removed on appeal so that Brady plays opening night."

this theory is wrong and bad.

Shit you're right. I'll just stick with Chip Kelly is a racist, HJS is bad at analogies and water is wet.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 11, 2015 4:36 pm

4 games. dumb.

does this mean the jets may retain the eastern championship belt into September as opposed to their normal approach of handing it over in august?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon May 11, 2015 4:43 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:4 games. dumb.

does this mean the jets may retain the eastern championship belt into September as opposed to their normal approach of handing it over in august?

$1mm penalty and loss of a 2016 first rounder and 2017 fourth rounder.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... st-rounder
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon May 11, 2015 4:45 pm

The NFL is a joke. That's an extremely harsh penalty and is not even close to fitting the crime.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 4:48 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:The NFL is a joke. That's an extremely harsh penalty and is not even close to fitting the crime.

If they had proved a crime, the suspension might be appropriate, not that it will stand.

The draft pick is laugh out loud funny and the fine doesn't even cover a third of what they paid Paul Weiss for this farce.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 4:52 pm

On second thought, I just looked at the 5th game on the schedule. This whole thing might be orchestrated, Not Basketball Association style. http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 11, 2015 4:54 pm

flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 11, 2015 5:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:On second thought, I just looked at the 5th game on the schedule. This whole thing might be orchestrated, Not Basketball Association style. http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

what do you think goodell will use as his entrance song to walk into lucas oil?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 11, 2015 5:04 pm

The talking heads are saying that the penalty is so harsh because the Patriots failed to fully cooperate with the investigation, not because of what was in the Wells Report.

I have no love for the Patriots, but I do think the draft pick penalties are gratuitous.

I'm not sure if Brady and/or the Patriots can appeal these penalties, but if they do, I expect both penalties will be eased a bit.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 5:09 pm

Kraft will eat the picks and the cash. The NFLPA will make Brady appeal, even if he had no intent to do so.

I'm not sure what else the organization could have done to cooperate, as they have no control over Brady in a matter like this - he is a union employee. The minions turned over their phones and everyone above them except Brady was exonerated, including Belichick.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Why didn't Gostkowski get suspended?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon May 11, 2015 5:13 pm

NFL to Sean Payton: "You didn't know about it, but that's not an excuse."
NFL to Pats Leadership: "You didn't know about it, but that's not an excuse."
But when the Ray Rice video story came to light, Goodell said "It's not my fault, I didn't know about it."
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 11, 2015 5:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm not sure what else the organization could have done to cooperate, as they have no control over Brady in a matter like this - he is a union employee. The minions turned over their phones and everyone above them except Brady was exonerated, including Belichick.

The statement from the league says Wells made several requests for a second interview with McNally and the Patriots wouldn't make him available.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 11, 2015 5:16 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm not sure what else the organization could have done to cooperate, as they have no control over Brady in a matter like this - he is a union employee. The minions turned over their phones and everyone above them except Brady was exonerated, including Belichick.

The statement from the league says Wells made several requests for a second interview with McNally and the Patriots wouldn't make him available.

Fifth interview.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 5:17 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Fifth interview.

That's called "padding hours". If you don't have what you need after 4 interviews, find a new job.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 5:18 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Why didn't Gostkowski get suspended?

They exonerated the kicking situation i thought.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 11, 2015 5:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Fifth interview.

That's called "padding hours". If you don't have what you need after 4 interviews, find a new job.

My bad, the statement simply says "additional interview." Agreed, that is pretty stupid.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon May 11, 2015 5:30 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:NFL to Sean Payton: "You didn't know about it, but that's not an excuse."

This is not correct.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 11, 2015 5:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Sure but he had a similar level of cooperation as Brady. Seems like that's worth at least one game per the Brady suspension.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 5:38 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:NFL to Sean Payton: "You didn't know about it, but that's not an excuse."

This is not correct.

He meant to say the organization, not the coaches.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 5:39 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Sure but he had a similar level of cooperation as Brady. Seems like that's worth at least one game per the Brady suspension.

Well, I mean that report had as much evidence of my involvement as it did Brady's, so I guess I better be expecting a call too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium