Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Haynesworth and Ochocinco to the Patriots

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:55 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'd love the Haynesworth move if I was a Pats fan. Shanahan may be a hall of famer, but he a) had Dan Snyder fucking up his shit all the time; and B) is not really a good coach. I think Belichick will be able to get him to buy in for at least a year, then after a superbowl loss to the Vince Young led Philadelphia Eagles he will go back to his sexual assaults and DUIs.

The problem with Haynesworth is that he's such a terrible human being. I don't want him within 500 miles of the Patriots or the city of Boston. I hope I'm not the one that gets assaulted by him.

I remember 1996 when the Pats drafted Christian Peter from Nebraska in their 5th round. Then Myra vetoed that move. Do you think Mr Kraft was only able to give the thumbs up here because Myra just passed?

I kind of doubt it, because the Patriots have gotten consistently more adventurous in terms of bringing in character risks leading up to this move. I think it's more of a function of the fact that they've had success (relative to other NFL teams) in avoiding off-the-field embarrassments in the last 10 years or so, and they're emboldened. As a result of their successes, there's a lot of trust in the football people that's been built up. Myra was known as being the "morality cop" for sure, but I genuinely believe that Robert and Jonathan (who are both involved with the football operations) want to avoid the embarrassments that have afflicted some NFL teams. They've always cared about maintaining a somewhat wholesome brand, and that's why spy-gate stung so much.

That being said, I think they're crazy for bringing in Haynesworth, because he's truly the worst. Trust in the football people is one thing, but this wreaks of arrogance.
Last edited by bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:55 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:People that hurt/kill humans are worst than people that hurt/kill animals. There, I said it.

+5

posting solely that you are giving karma (half of IBs posts) will now garner a negative hit from me.

and nick is right...vick may be a bastard, but the brew-ha-ha over his treatment of animals and the non-circus surrounding far worse crimes just shows how our mickey mouse society has mixed up its priorities.

Disdain for retarded assholes is not a zero sum game.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:57 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:posting solely that you are giving karma (half of IBs posts) will now garner a negative hit from me.

i have practiced this policy for some time now and fully garner the support that you are the better half of the pedro/nick on-again/off-again homohumpathon

+4
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:59 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:People that hurt/kill humans are worst than people that hurt/kill animals. There, I said it.

+5

posting solely that you are giving karma (half of IBs posts) will now garner a negative hit from me.

and nick is right...vick may be a bastard, but the brew-ha-ha over his treatment of animals and the non-circus surrounding far worse crimes just shows how our mickey mouse society has mixed up its priorities.

why not?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:00 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

+5

why not?

Personally, I have an unlimited amount of disdain.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:04 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

+5

why not?

Are you one of those Philly fans who confuses disdain for jealousy?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:05 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

+5

why not?

No.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

+5

why not?

No.

I didn't think so. I'm one of those Boston exhibits arrogance, but only half the time.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:08 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

+5

why not?

ohhh ohhh, can i play? i'm guessing the philly intern is the type to have so much disdain that he wants vince young to sign with the eagles so 9903 can boo vy into homiciding himself

Do I have multiple personalities now? If so, at least they appear to be working together.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:09 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Do I have multiple personalities now?

I thought you always did, because you like to stir the pot.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: you are allowed to be both 9903 and the philly intern much like huang is allowed to be fat and asianed

EO, where dreams come true.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I didn't know TRE knew. I might have to file a discrimination claim against the MTBSC now, my termination may have been disability based and with Hansen's wall kicking and near pregnancy story fabrications he may have been filed due to psychological status as well, its institutional.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:18 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I didn't know TRE knew. I might have to file a discrimination claim against the MTBSC now, my termination may have been disability based and with Hansen's wall kicking and near pregnancy story fabrications he may have been filed due to psychological status as well, its institutional.

Like Hansen, I'm pretty sure the reason you were fired because you've never quit the board. That's a vital skill for being colored.

Edit: Was Hansen ever actually fired, or is he just languishing?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:55 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:no one was fired. the semester ended and we wanted a batch of fresh blood. and for the record, i did not meddle in the intern selection process. i never met murt before he was offered the position. i respect my fellow colored enough to make these sorts of decisions. after all, we're trying to be irish eyes monday to friday and blue and gold on saturday.

But you did meddle with the interns ifyaknowwhatimsayin.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Both of these moves were no-brainers. Either may fail, but it is more likely that both succeed. Haynesworth plays about 50% of the snaps and stays healthy, and their front seven is sick. Cunningham simply moves up and puts a hand down and plays the McGinest position.

Ochocinco may have lost a step but the Pats don't want him as a deep threat. He'll play opposite Branch and run patterns from 10-25 yards. Teams won't be able to roll up safeties to cover Welker in the slot, so Welker will be working on a ton of LBs.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Ochocinco may have lost a step but the Pats don't want him as a deep threat. He'll play opposite Branch and run patterns from 10-25 yards.

You are right on the money. In terms of misconception, Ochocinco = Shak. He's more like Irvin than he is like Moss, especially at this point in his career.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Philly teams are good at sneaking into bidding wars at the last minute and winning them.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:57 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

+5

why not?

ohhh ohhh, can i play? i'm guessing the philly intern is the type to have so much disdain that he wants vince young to sign with the eagles so 9903 can boo vy into homiciding himself

nothing personal against the other intern but philadelphia fans are the worst... they make boston fans look dreamy
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:02 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

the pregnancy story is not fabricated; it is a work of non-fiction. the girl bought Plan B the next day when she realized that there was a slight chance that she could become pregnant. not sure why this did not occur to her before the sexual escapades.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Did the Patriots get a DE or a LB that can actually make contact with a QB? Did they get a DB who can get the defense off the field on 3rd down? No?

Nothing to see here.

12-4, eliminated by the Jets or Steelers or someone who does that whole defense thing that Belichick used to be so fond of...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:00 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Did they get a DB who can get the defense off the field on 3rd down? No?

Yes they did actually. Since you are being so willfully ignorant to this, I will let the burden of reasearch fall upon you but you are 100% wrong wrt their secondary situation.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:37 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:Did they get a DB who can get the defense off the field on 3rd down? No?

Yes they did actually. Since you are being so willfully ignorant to this, I will let the burden of reasearch fall upon you but you are 100% wrong wrt their secondary situation.

I share Dave's disdain for the Hsynesworth acquisistion, but for a completely different reason. I agree with your point that our secondary is fine, but the d-line could be a major issue. People who say that Haynesworth is low-risk are insane. The $ is low-risk, but with Stroud, Warren, and likely Brace out of the equation, we're relying on this doofus now. When he gets arrested after week 14 after punching out a patron or a bouncer at a bar in Marina Bay after a night of partying, we'll have a huge hole in our defense. Bill is quite possibly the best football coach in the history of the world, but pitting the Pats in a position that they're actually dependent on Albert effing Haynesworth shows me an alarming level of arrogance.

That being said, I hope it works. If it does, I will gladly hold my nose.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:31 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Funny. I'm fairly sure that they have the exact same secondary that they had last year that couldn't get off the field either. Or are we going with the "Shinskie will definitely improve with more experience" theory? Or are we banking on Ras-I "man of a thousand injuries" Dowling to be the second coming of Darrelle Revis?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:37 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Funny. I'm fairly sure that they have the exact same secondary that they had last year that couldn't get off the field either. Or are we going with the "Shinskie will definitely improve with more experience" theory? Or are we banking on Ras-I "man of a thousand injuries" Dowling to be the second coming of Darrelle Revis?

Dave, come on they have 2 probowlers in the secondary!

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:43 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Look at the roster. Find the player that didn't play a single down for them in 2010-11 but did the year before. Report back. You are once again wrong and, again, have little grasp of the Patriots roster.

And FWIW Ras-I will be nothing more than a dime guy, maybe a nickel guy this year if he performs well and presuming no injuries (big presumption, I know).
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:52 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Look at the roster. Find the player that didn't play a single down for them in 2010-11 but did the year before. Report back. You are once again wrong.

It's not a shutdown corner...it doesn't matter. They can have 100 guys like Bodden, Arrington and McCourty, none of them can cover elite receivers. They can't generate a pass rush and they don't have the DB's to make up for it. They'll ring up 700 points again in the regular season like the Colts did for so many years, but when it comes time for the playoffs, they'll run into a team that plays D and slows the passing game down and it's over.

They're wasting Brady's twilight years with guys like Chad and Haynesworth and drafting multiple TE's and project OL's when they should have been maxing out what Brady has left by signing elite defensive guys to help him out.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:00 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Look at the roster. Find the player that didn't play a single down for them in 2010-11 but did the year before. Report back. You are once again wrong.

It's not a shutdown corner...it doesn't matter. They can have 100 guys like Bodden, Arrington and McCourty, none of them can cover elite receivers. They can't generate a pass rush and they don't have the DB's to make up for it. They'll ring up 700 points again in the regular season like the Colts did for so many years, but when it comes time for the playoffs, they'll run into a team that plays D and slows the passing game down and it's over.

They're wasting Brady's twilight years with guys like Chad and Haynesworth and drafting multiple TE's and project OL's when they should have been maxing out what Brady has left by signing elite defensive guys to help him out.

Maybe you can have Samuel back.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:10 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Maybe you can have Samuel back.

Maybe after he paralyzes a guy and then swipes a credit card through a waitress' breasts we'll consider it.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:36 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Considering Brady threw to either Welker or Moss on about 144% of his throws in 2009, the shift to TEs was actually a decent call. In terms of drafting, it is extremely difficult to find guys that will come in and fit in when you run out of a base 3-4 considering 99% of schools run out of a 4-3. Just look at all the recent busts from all the DE/LB hybrids. Not to mention when you're always picking in the last 10 of every draft for about the past 10 years.

They got an All-Pro corner who has the potential to be a shutdown guy. Certainly not there yet but he played about as well as you could expect from a rookie corner and, yes, the Dave Shinskie theory does apply there with him.

In terms of signing elite defensive guys, sure that'd be great. But elite guys are typically kept by their own teams and the last guy that would fit there, Peppers, they went after hard but chose to go Chicago. There had been rumblings that he didn't want to play the OLB/DE role a la Willie McGinnest. Everyone is always looking for the pass rush and have difficulty getting elite guys that they didn't draft.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:19 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Considering Brady threw to either Welker or Moss on about 144% of his throws in 2009, the shift to TEs was actually a decent call. In terms of drafting, it is extremely difficult to find guys that will come in and fit in when you run out of a base 3-4 considering 99% of schools run out of a 4-3. Just look at all the recent busts from all the DE/LB hybrids. Not to mention when you're always picking in the last 10 of every draft for about the past 10 years.

They got an All-Pro corner who has the potential to be a shutdown guy. Certainly not there yet but he played about as well as you could expect from a rookie corner and, yes, the Dave Shinskie theory does apply there with him.

In terms of signing elite defensive guys, sure that'd be great. But elite guys are typically kept by their own teams and the last guy that would fit there, Peppers, they went after hard but chose to go Chicago. There had been rumblings that he didn't want to play the OLB/DE role a la Willie McGinnest. Everyone is always looking for the pass rush and have difficulty getting elite guys that they didn't draft.

So it's not that they're willfully ignorant of the fact that they can't get off the field on defense, it's that they CAN'T bring in the players they need to be a legitimate Super Bowl team. Got it.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium