Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Patriots Weirdos

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:55 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Tom Brady is laughing his fucking ass off today

NE 2-3
Brady 4-2

That was very enjoyable today.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Tom Brady is laughing his fucking ass off today

NE 2-3
Brady 4-2

That was very enjoyable today.

Meh, neither are good enough to win a Super Bowl this year. I could see Brady equalling Montana when he dragged Kansas City to an AFC Championship game, except Brady has a lot more talent around him then Montana had during his valedictory effort with the Chiefs, so it really wouldn't be that impressive.

It was fun to watch Green Bay's defense get exposed as a fraud. Wish they would give AJ a few more carries. You could see the abject terror in the DBs eyes and body language on the one running play where Dillon flipped over his back after a nice gain, but which was called back on a holding call. Green Bay has a nice stable of backs, but tackling AJ at Lambeau in December is going to be horrifying for DBs and Green Bay ought to get him used to running the ball more than a couple of times a game.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:38 pm

I think my Sundays have freed up for the next several years. I may give apple picking a try. It might be an opportunity for BC to pick up a few casual fans if Hafley is successful.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:43 pm

The Patriots should make a play for a guy like Darnold or maybe Haskins. They are going to be picking way too late for Lawrence or Fields (both of whom are incredible). But, taking a top prospect who went to one of the shittiest organizations only to be dropped when they weren’t instant magic isn’t the worst strategy for the Pats.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:45 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I think my Sundays have freed up for the next several years. I may give apple picking a try. It might be an opportunity for BC to pick up a few casual fans if Hafley is successful.

Seeing Cam Newton get benched and the Bucs steamrolling teams is so much fun.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:34 pm

He didn't get benched. Game was over, no reason to get him hurt.

Seeing Tampa fans get so excited is going to be so great when AB blows up the locker room, they first round exit and the team implodes next season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:19 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I think my Sundays have freed up for the next several years. I may give apple picking a try. It might be an opportunity for BC to pick up a few casual fans if Hafley is successful.

This is the kind of thing that shifty fans of pathetic teams have to say to make themselves feel better. You probably get your jollies seeing ND lose. Who fucking cares if ND loses. It should only matter when it impacts BC's standing, and it hasn't had any impact in, what, 15 years?
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:37 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This is the kind of thing that shifty fans of pathetic teams have to say to make themselves feel better. You probably get your jollies seeing ND lose. Who fucking cares if ND loses. It should only matter when it impacts BC's standing, and it hasn't had any impact in, what, 15 years?

Nah I really enjoy when teams I dislike lose. That list is limited to ND Football and Duke Basketball, but still. You probably have space in your brain to enjoy both
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He didn't get benched. Game was over, no reason to get him hurt.

Seeing Tampa fans get so excited is going to be so great when AB blows up the locker room, they first round exit and the team implodes next season.

AB is a terrible signing. Totally agreed.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:44 pm

Apparently, it was always more Tom than Bill.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:22 pm

It is remarkable, but it is now okay to speculate that Bill Belichick is really the completely mediocre coach he was with the Browns and was out coached in the Super Bowl by Doug Pederson (he was obviously out coached by Coughlin twice, but that is no real shame).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:36 pm

I will survive with only 6 titles
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I will survive with only 6 titles

6 titles that would have been there regardless of the coach. It was about having the Michael Jordan of the sport... not the Phil Jackson.

Btw... get ready for “torch being passed” comments for the next two weeks.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:07 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I will survive with only 6 titles

6 titles that would have been there regardless of the coach. It was about having the Michael Jordan of the sport... not the Phil Jackson.

Btw... get ready for “torch being passed” comments for the next two weeks.

Ok. Whatever.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:13 am

I give this troll job a 2 out of 10.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:44 am

especially coming from a vegas fan
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Apparently, it was always more Tom than Bill.

:shrug

Everyone here on this board already knew all this hjs. Its self-evident.

Bill had the GOAT playing for him. When he doesn't, Bill can't win anything. Simple as that. Kraft knew it. Bill knew it. Everyone here knew it. Every Pats fan in New England knew it. Self-evident.

The single most important decision that Bill B ever made in his ENTIRE CAREER was benching a now fully recovered Drew Bledsoe for Tom Brady. Watching that press conference where Bledsoe melts down, it was painful to watch. Hearing "next question" being repeated by Drew over and over with tears welling up in his eyes, it was just painful. But benching Drew (NOT quitting the JETS) was the best call Bill Belichick ever made in his life. Allow the GOAT to become the GOAT makes Bill look like a genius at the expense of a now disgruntled, disgraced, 1st round, number one pick. Does Drew even wear his 2001-2002 Superbowl ring?

The GOAT = 14 championship games (and counting.) The GOAT = 10 Superbowl appearances with at least 6 victories (maybe 7, we will know in 2 weeks.) The GOAT is the G.O.A.T.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Los on Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:13 am

As with most things, the truth lies in the middle. Those first three Super Bowl titles were won on the strength of a Hall of Fame defense - Seymour, Bruschi, Johnson, Law, Harrison, Samuel, Washington, Wilfork, Vrabel. Bill built those teams. You can’t really question that Belichick isn’t a master of scheme and taking away an opponent’s best weapon either.

Conversely, Fat Charlie’s offense was very much run heavy and ball control, pounding the rock with Antoine Smith or Corey Dillon and asking (and expecting) Brady not to make many mistakes in play action. That’s how New England won those first titles. It wasn’t until McDaniels and Moss showed up that Brady really started chucking it. The idea that Brady floated down from heaven and willed the Pats to 3 championships in 4 years is simplistic at best and ignorant of the facts at worst.

Does Bill win those early titles without Brady? Probably not, but Brady sure as hell isn’t in position to win them without riding those defenses to record-setting seasons.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:19 am

Since we don’t have a Rams weirdos thread...

What in the fuck was that trade? Stafford for Goff straight-up I could see. I’d probably favor the side who got a player who’s 8 years younger. But, Stafford probably is better for the 2021 season. Win-win. But, for the Rams to then send two first rounders and a third???? That’s Bill O’Brien as your GM level bad. When the Rams pick in the first round in 2024, it will be their first such selection since taking Goff in 2016.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:45 am

goff is bad with an anchor contract for next 2 seasons. not sure i'd give up multiple 1st for stafford but seems like at least 1 1st was the going rate
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:12 am

In 12 years, Stafford has only lost 3 playoff games!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:26 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:In 12 years, Stafford has only lost 3 playoff games!

Impressive when you consider that, if Goff continues at his current pace, he’d have accumulated 7 playoff defeats over 12 years.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:47 am

Goff was Rams last 1st-round pick in 2016; since then, they’ve traded away their next 7 1st-round picks:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 2851359744
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Los on Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:59 pm

That trade was a first class, grade A ass reaming by Detroit.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:30 pm

Goff is terrible on a good team. Stafford is good, on a bad team. The huge upgrade was worth a pick, but they gave up a bit much.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:12 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:In 12 years, Stafford has only lost 3 playoff games!

You should be proud of this post.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:37 pm

Super Bowl Champions!

There are some horrific takes (specifically you TWB) in the previous pages
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Super Bowl Champions!

Stop. You root for Tampa. Go to a strip club and shut the fuck up.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:01 pm

PS glad Brady got 7.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:18 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Super Bowl Champions!

Stop. You root for Tampa. Go to a strip club and shut the fuck up.

Remove Brady from both organizations and they have the same winning percentage (and futility)... kinda like Belichick being under .500 for his career when Tom wasn’t under center.

Question for the board, was Tampa paying $35mm for “mediocrity” ultimately worth it (i.e. signing the would-be MVP of SB55)? Asking for a friend.

Btw... love how many people own Patriots Starter Jackets. Too bad we don’t see them worn as much while making runs to the packy.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium