Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Patriots Weirdos

Postby commavegarage on Tue May 19, 2015 2:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Don't get me wrong, I certainly understand the need of the rest of the league to blame the last 15 years on cheating. They should just pick something that matters and hire someone competent to prove it next time. Because the last two "investigations" of the Patriots' dynasty have been high comedy.

:laugh :laugh
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 2:50 pm

I remember what it was like to be a Red Sox fan back in the day. I have sympathy for you.

I don't expect the Philly fan to understand this, but NY fans should know - it is awesome to be the evil empire. Suck it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue May 19, 2015 3:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I remember what it was like to be a Red Sox fan back in the day. I have sympathy for you.

I don't expect the Philly fan to understand this, but NY fans should know - it is awesome to be the evil empire. Suck it.

this guy just keeps going huh?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 3:04 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I remember what it was like to be a Red Sox fan back in the day. I have sympathy for you.

as long as you keep dancing Freddie Mitchell
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue May 19, 2015 3:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

as long as you keep dancing Freddie Mitchell

eagles fans... GET READY TO ROCK!!!!!
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Tue May 19, 2015 3:19 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Lady Braddock: "Winston, you are drunk, and what's more you are disgustingly drunk. "
Churchill: "Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."[

So the Patriots will be fined, but at the end of all this they will still have Tom Brady as their quarterback.

So who will be the Eagles starting QB? The great Sam Bradford (unless he gets beat out by Mark Sanchez) Life is so unfair.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 3:26 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Lady Braddock: "Winston, you are drunk, and what's more you are disgustingly drunk. "
Churchill: "Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."[

So the Patriots will be fined, but at the end of all this they will still have Tom Brady as their quarterback.

So who will be the Eagles starting QB? The great Sam Bradford (unless he gets beat out by Mark Sanchez) Life is so unfair.

This was surprisingly competent postering. Credit where its due, you're galloping.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue May 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Query: Does the Patriots decision not to appeal hurt Brady's position in his own appeal?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Query: Does the Patriots decision not to appeal hurt Brady's position in his own appeal?

Brady's was getting reduced regardless, but it can't hurt that Kraft stopped undermining his employee that will make the decision on his more important employee.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue May 19, 2015 4:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

This was surprisingly competent postering. Credit where its due, you're galloping.

ehhh, weird floating open bracket kind of ruined it.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 4:46 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

ehhh, weird floating open bracket kind of ruined it.

I didn't say it was perfect.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue May 19, 2015 7:43 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:May 11

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Kraft will eat the picks and the cash. The NFLPA will make Brady appeal, even if he had no intent to do so.

I'm not sure what else the organization could have done to cooperate, as they have no control over Brady in a matter like this - he is a union employee. The minions turned over their phones and everyone above them except Brady was exonerated, including Belichick.

so you are correct in predicting that the owner of a team that cheated will not be appealing the ruling that says the team he owns cheated?

give yourself a pat on the back

i thought he was doing an HJS impression :shrug
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 20, 2015 8:55 am

I am very much enjoying watching two teams the Giants have repeatedly owned when it mattered having a slap fight with one another.

In any case, I am glad that someone in the Patriots organization took the free advice I have been dispensing for weeks and decided to tell Bobby the K to sit down and shut the fuck up. Like the arrival of Logitano in almost any scenario, his conduct was only serving to make things worse for him and his organization. The only problem with his late Come to Jesus decision is that he has already antagonized the people who matter--and here's a pro tip, there are no New England fans in that group--and made it unlikely that Brady slithers out of this in any meaningful way. Just as Brady was rendered impotent by the hammering inflicted by Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre Paul, The King of Africa, Barry Cofield, etc., so too will he be helpless under the unrelenting rush of the Ginger Hammer and the Yonkers Mafia.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Just as Brady was rendered impotent by the hammering inflicted by Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre Paul, The King of Africa, Barry Cofield, etc., so too will he be helpless under the unrelenting rush of the Ginger Hammer and the Yonkers Mafia.

Jay Alford deserves to be named here. His sack looked like most painful of the bunch.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed May 20, 2015 3:15 pm

There was a guy in a gorilla costume dancing around with a FREE TOM BRADY sign in downtown Boston today. Pretty convenient that this masked hero shows up after Krafty Bob "accepted" the NFL's decision. Almost too convenient.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:There was a guy in a gorilla costume dancing around with a FREE TOM BRADY sign in downtown Boston today. Pretty convenient that this masked hero shows up after Krafty Bob "accepted" the NFL's decision. Almost too convenient.

I'd wondered where Gloidy had found the gainful employment which allowed him to reconnect his netzero account.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:There was a guy in a gorilla costume dancing around with a FREE TOM BRADY sign in downtown Boston today. Pretty convenient that this masked hero shows up after Krafty Bob "accepted" the NFL's decision. Almost too convenient.

Did Theo Epstein show up for work today?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 20, 2015 4:22 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Just as Brady was rendered impotent by the hammering inflicted by Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre Paul, The King of Africa, Barry Cofield, etc., so too will he be helpless under the unrelenting rush of the Ginger Hammer and the Yonkers Mafia.

Jay Alford deserves to be named here. His sack looked like most painful of the bunch.

I apologize to Jay Alford. It wasn't quite Leonard Marshall separating the straight wealthy man's Tom Brady from his senses, but he definitely damaged the uterus of the homeless man's Joe Montana.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 am

This is how major league baseball handles pitchers who mess with baseballs.

Orioles left-hander Brian Matusz was suspended for eight games by Major League Baseball on Monday for having a foreign substance on his arm during a game in Miami. http://news.yahoo.com/orioles-pitcher-b ... --spt.html

Eight games would be an approximate equivalent of one game in the NFL. No loss of 1st and 5th round draft picks, no $1M fine to the team.

This story did not lead the network news with George Stephanopoulos.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:54 pm

when i'm done with my phone i usually destroy it and the sim card as well

:shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:04 pm

They don't have subpoena power over it and Brady has no obligation to turn it over to the NFL or Wells so that point is basically in there to curry favor with the media. Interesting that an appeals court hears new evidence though.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:06 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:They don't have subpoena power over it and Brady has no obligation to turn it over to the NFL or Wells

agreed

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:so that point is basically in there to curry favor with the media.

no
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:18 pm

So why is the phone piece important? Don't disagree that it's suspect. Just seems like a total red herring.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Usually such appeals go to district court, and the standard for overturning is usually "not supported by substantial evidence" (when looking at the facts - there are other grounds, like exceeding authority, which will be the issue here), so I don't believe it is usually de novo.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:24 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:So why is the phone piece important? Don't disagree that it's suspect. Just seems like a total red herring.

I think the NFL would say that it supports the failure to cooperate aspect of the punishment. I am not familiar with the CBA, but i have always been under the impression that the failure to cooperate was Goodell's perceived escape pod from the total disaster that is the unsupported and conclusory Wells Report.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:LAW TALKING WORDS
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:So why is the phone piece important? Don't disagree that it's suspect. Just seems like a total red herring.

ADDITIONAL LAW TALKING WORDS.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:30 pm

They say that good law talking words should be dumb enough for the lowest common denominator. I may have failed in this regard.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think the NFL would say that it supports the failure to cooperate aspect of the punishment. I am not familiar with the CBA, but i have always been under the impression that the failure to cooperate was Goodell's perceived escape pod from the total disaster that is the unsupported and conclusory Wells Report.

What gets me here is that, yes, the "non cooperation" aspect of this counts as merit in Goodell's kangaroo court where public opinion is more important than, you know, facts...but it often doesn't in an actual court room where things like evidence and facts are a thing. So, if you know pretty much to a certainty that this will end up in court, why hang your hat on something like this?
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:33 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

What gets me here is that, yes, the "non cooperation" aspect of this counts as merit in Goodell's kangaroo court where public opinion is more important than, you know, facts...but it often doesn't in an actual court room where things like evidence and facts are a thing. So, if you know pretty much to a certainty that this will end up in court, why hang your hat on something like this?

What choice did he have? It's not like he wanted to hang his hat on the Wells Report, and Brady refused to cooperate.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium