Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:08 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote: (by the way claver mentioned in the semi-secret board that the "handshake" involves no hands)

if true, then they ripped off the philly hot tub handshake. unoriginal nerds...

the tubas use provolone instead of whiz
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20662
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5715

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote: (by the way claver mentioned in the semi-secret board that the "handshake" involves no hands)

if true, then they ripped off the philly hot tub handshake. unoriginal nerds...

the tubas use provolone instead of whiz

That's not provolone.
User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16126
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15592

Hell freezing over?

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:12 am

FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: Hell freezing over?

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:53 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/08/01/considering-adding-beer-wine-stadium-menu/hEBu6WccfEbdNKyBObFrlN/story.html

if this happens, i will never say a good word about buttcut or :pickle ever again

corners will likely espouse this as his support for his agenda and declare an across the board victory - ignoring his filled-in corners, club level, and other never-gonna-happen topics
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20662
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5715

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:02 am

A long time ago, way back in history,
when all there was to drink was nothin but cups of tea.
When along came a man by the name of Charlie Mops,
and he invented a wonderful drink and he made it out of hops.

He might have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
and to his praises we shall always sing.
And look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Our Lord bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
tiddly beer beer beer.

The Purest bar, the Fanciest Pub, the Hole in the Wall as well
one thing you can be sure of, its Charlie's beer they sell
so come on all ye lucky lads, eleven O'clock she stops
for five clock seconds, remember Charlie Mops 1 2 3 4 5

He might have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
and to his praises we shall always sing.
And look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Our Lord bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
tiddly beer beer beer.

A bushel of malt, a barrel of hops, you stir it around with a stick,
the kind of lubrication to make your engine tick.
For 40 pints a wallop a day will keep away the clacks.
Its only eight pence hapenny a pint,and one and six they tax, 1 2 3 4 5

He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
and to his praises we shall always sing.
And look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Our Lord bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer,
tiddly beer beer beer, tiddly beer beer beer
Our Lord bless Charlie Mops!

The Lord bless Charlie Mops!
User avatar
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Marblehood, Marblehood...always up to no good
Karma: 201

Re: Hell freezing over?

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:45 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:corners will likely espouse this as his support for his agenda and declare an across the board victory - ignoring his filled-in corners, club level, and other never-gonna-happen topics

I'm certain he is taking a victory lap around the lower concourse of Alumni right now.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14961
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2911

Re: Hell freezing over?

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:52 am

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:corners will likely espouse this as his support for his agenda and declare an across the board victory - ignoring his filled-in corners, club level, and other never-gonna-happen topics

I'm certain he is taking a victory lap around the lower concourse of Alumni right now.

before or after buttchugging from the concession stand purchased beer and/or wine?
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20662
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5715

Re: Hell freezing over?

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:13 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:corners will likely espouse this as his support for his agenda and declare an across the board victory - ignoring his filled-in corners, club level, and other never-gonna-happen topics

I'm certain he is taking a victory lap around the lower concourse of Alumni right now.

before or after buttchugging from the concession stand purchased beer and/or wine?

After buttchugging but before scaling the retired jerseys wall with a tape measure.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14961
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2911

Re: Hell freezing over?

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:55 am

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:corners will likely espouse this as his support for his agenda and declare an across the board victory - ignoring his filled-in corners, club level, and other never-gonna-happen topics

I'm certain he is taking a victory lap around the lower concourse of Alumni right now.

before or after buttchugging from the concession stand purchased beer and/or wine?

After buttchugging but before scaling the retired jerseys wall with a tape measure.

i'd assume that, like eepstein, eaglekeeper would be using a micrometer rather than a tape measure
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20662
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5715

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Please sell beer at basketball games as well.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -258

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:19 pm

eepstein0 wrote:Please sell beer at basketball games as well.

wouldn't you prefer rubbing alcohol with an olive in it?
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20662
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5715

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:22 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Please sell beer at basketball games as well.

wouldn't you prefer rubbing alcohol with an olive in it?

i laughed
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14961
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2911

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Please sell beer at basketball games as well.

wouldn't you prefer rubbing alcohol with an olive in it?


It's a lime, not an olive but well played.

I'll even bring my own tonic water
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -258

Re: Hell freezing over?

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:08 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/08/01/considering-adding-beer-wine-stadium-menu/hEBu6WccfEbdNKyBObFrlN/story.html

if this happens, i will never say a good word about buttcut or :pickle ever again

corners will likely espouse this as his support for his agenda and declare an across the board victory - ignoring his filled-in corners, club level, and other never-gonna-happen topics



I really cant believe that this could actually happen. Next thing you know they will shorten the half times.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: Hell freezing over?

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:09 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/08/01/considering-adding-beer-wine-stadium-menu/hEBu6WccfEbdNKyBObFrlN/story.html

if this happens, i will never say a good word about buttcut or :pickle ever again

corners will likely espouse this as his support for his agenda and declare an across the board victory - ignoring his filled-in corners, club level, and other never-gonna-happen topics



I really cant believe that this could actually happen. Next thing you know they will shorten the half times.


hey the pac 12 is down to 15 min this year, there's hope!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3075

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:48 am

"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 468

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Sgt Skinner's replacement has my vote. his term has already been more effective than buttcut's
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20662
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5715

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:20 pm

One corner will be the Budweiser section, another Sam Adams, another Harpoon another Guinness! Open them up at least two hours prior to kickoff!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -330

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:46 pm

I can't believe it actually happened.

It will be funny to see how far they keep the beer stands from the student section.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14961
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2911

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:31 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:I can't believe it actually happened.

It will be funny to see how far they keep the beer stands from the student section.

And the bathrooms.
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20662
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5715

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:38 pm

win... more
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -378

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:31 pm


Good news! Jarmond getting it done, and quickly.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:30 pm
Karma: 35

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby hansen on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:01 am

Are they going to allow out of state IDs?
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15107
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 284

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:05 am

shut up, hansen
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20662
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5715

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby bcshater on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:14 am

I'm actually against the beer and wine sales inside the stadium. I go to watch the game and cheer the Eagles onto victory. Not looking forward to having some inebriated attendees ruin my game-day football experience by being obnoxious and picking fights. I'll be away for the FSU Friday night game so won't have to deal with that. Thankfully the ND game is a noon-time start as oppose to 8pm where some ticket holders are drinking all day and night.

I know I'm in the minority here but this is not a good decision. There could have been other ways Jarmond could have improved the game day experience, such as increasing the before and after game tailgating hours for instance.

Trust me I like beer. Beck's is my default beer and I enjoy the craft beers as well.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
2015 EO Pick'em regular season champion
bcshater
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:50 pm
Karma: 1

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby Tom Dooder on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:30 am

bcshater wrote:I'm actually against the beer and wine sales inside the stadium. I go to watch the game and cheer the Eagles onto victory. Not looking forward to having some inebriated attendees ruin my game-day football experience by being obnoxious and picking fights. I'll be away for the FSU Friday night game so won't have to deal with that. Thankfully the ND game is a noon-time start as oppose to 8pm where some ticket holders are drinking all day and night.

I know I'm in the minority here but this is not a good decision. There could have been other ways Jarmond could have improved the game day experience, such as increasing the before and after game tailgating hours for instance.

Trust me I like beer. Beck's is my default beer and I enjoy the craft beers as well.



Hey look, an actual whale pants on EO.

Beer in stadium is not a big deal. In fact, the less of a big deal everyone makes it, the more responsible everyone will be. Part of making it not a big deal is not cracking down on tailgating either.

Overly restrictive alcohol policy encourages people to consume large quantities in a short amount of time. This is the exact opposite of what you want, whether it's students or alums.
User avatar
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:37 am
Karma: 60

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Tom Dooder wrote:
bcshater wrote:I'm actually against the beer and wine sales inside the stadium. I go to watch the game and cheer the Eagles onto victory. Not looking forward to having some inebriated attendees ruin my game-day football experience by being obnoxious and picking fights. I'll be away for the FSU Friday night game so won't have to deal with that. Thankfully the ND game is a noon-time start as oppose to 8pm where some ticket holders are drinking all day and night.

I know I'm in the minority here but this is not a good decision. There could have been other ways Jarmond could have improved the game day experience, such as increasing the before and after game tailgating hours for instance.

Trust me I like beer. Beck's is my default beer and I enjoy the craft beers as well.



Hey look, an actual whale pants on EO.

Beer in stadium is not a big deal. In fact, the less of a big deal everyone makes it, the more responsible everyone will be. Part of making it not a big deal is not cracking down on tailgating either.

Overly restrictive alcohol policy encourages people to consume large quantities in a short amount of time. This is the exact opposite of what you want, whether it's students or alums.


It's the above
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -258

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Eaglekeeper wrote:One corner will be the Budweiser section, another Sam Adams, another Harpoon another Guinness! Open them up at least two hours prior to kickoff!


The above is amazing
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -258

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:24 am

bcshater wrote:I'm actually against the beer and wine sales inside the stadium. I go to watch the game and cheer the Eagles onto victory. Not looking forward to having some inebriated attendees ruin my game-day football experience by being obnoxious and picking fights. I'll be away for the FSU Friday night game so won't have to deal with that. Thankfully the ND game is a noon-time start as oppose to 8pm where some ticket holders are drinking all day and night.

I know I'm in the minority here but this is not a good decision. There could have been other ways Jarmond could have improved the game day experience, such as increasing the before and after game tailgating hours for instance.

Trust me I like beer. Beck's is my default beer and I enjoy the craft beers as well.


Do you not go to any professional sporting event ever?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 468

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:11 am

bcshater wrote:I'm actually against the beer and wine sales inside the stadium. I go to watch the game and cheer the Eagles onto victory. Not looking forward to having some inebriated attendees ruin my game-day football experience by being obnoxious and picking fights. I'll be away for the FSU Friday night game so won't have to deal with that. Thankfully the ND game is a noon-time start as oppose to 8pm where some ticket holders are drinking all day and night.

I know I'm in the minority here but this is not a good decision. There could have been other ways Jarmond could have improved the game day experience, such as increasing the before and after game tailgating hours for instance.

Trust me I like beer. Beck's is my default beer and I enjoy the craft beers as well.


Walk through any section of the stadium after the game, there are beer cans and nips everywhere.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3075

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hansen and 23 guests

Untitled document