Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:02 pm

i'd assumed that pink meant sodypop and purple meant beery goodness
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20650
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5704

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby BC96 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:05 pm

flyingelvii wrote:What's the difference between the pink and purple beer icons?


I think the pink icon is where Becks will be sold.
BC96
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 56

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:25 pm

BC96 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:What's the difference between the pink and purple beer icons?


I think the pink icon is where Becks will be sold.

i would think that would be green or brown
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20650
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5704

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:38 pm

I can confirm that beer was being served in Alumni today.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7837
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:35 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:I can confirm that beer was being served in Alumni today.

was it a pain in the ass, or did they do it well?
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20650
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5704

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby bcshater on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:I can confirm that beer was being served in Alumni today.

was it a pain in the ass, or did they do it well?


I didn't drink at the game today, neither did the Mrs. But there was a long line near the beer and wine stand near us. I can almost understand $8 for a beer. But $9 for like a 4 ounce or so serving of wine is a total ripoff. We went out after the game and my 16oz. Sam Adams was only $4.75 and this at a popular spot in Doug's hometown.

Just about everyone I saw coming back with beer was double-fisted.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
2015 EO Pick'em regular season champion
bcshater
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:50 pm
Karma: 9

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:13 pm

nor did i purchase beers at the game but if you got in before kickoff there was no line, halftime lines were ~20 minutes

think if <30 and out of state need back up
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17777
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3046

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Ha, Domingo did not partake either! $8 for a 160z BudLight isn't that bad; $9 for a (probably terrible) 4oz glass of wine is. I was really surprised that they were letting people buy more than one at a time - the horror!
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7837
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:01 am

I had a beer before the game with no line but both times I went back the line was unbearable and skipped. Again half ass by BC. Pouring out of cans takes forever and open up some more stations that sell.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9117
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1627

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby commavegarage on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 am

The lines are outrageous. 20+ min. Naturally they don't have it throughout the stadium, so everybody funnels to the same 3/4 areas.

Just such a clownshoes operation.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7163
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 734

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:05 pm

According to one of the vendors I chatted with, they'll never have kegs because the surrounding towns are anti-keg for every event held at BC.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 627

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Beer & wine at Alumni has been a huge success early on. Jarmond spoke at a couple of receptions over the weekend. He said they doubled their sales goal for alcohol at the Wake game. They restocked for ND and were sold out of beer in the 3rd quarter. People are buying it despite the ridiculous wait time, which Jarmond admitted was a big problem and is a priority to fix.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14940
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2909

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby EagleDave on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:Beer & wine at Alumni has been a huge success early on. Jarmond spoke at a couple of receptions over the weekend. He said they doubled their sales goal for alcohol at the Wake game. They restocked for ND and were sold out of beer in the 3rd quarter. People are buying it despite the ridiculous wait time, which Jarmond admitted was a big problem and is a priority to fix.


There's a joke in there somewhere about needing to drink to get through these games, but I'll leave it to the professionals on this board.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
User avatar
EagleDave
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3832
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:09 am
Location: Bridgewater, MA
Karma: 359

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:13 am

not to sound like corners but aluminumni really needs to get fixed up.

need to be able to take credit cards in the upper deck endzone
bathrooms in the upper deck, apparently bates looked into this but he also apparently looked into getting alcohol at bc and we know where that ended up. it shouldn't take 30 minutes to go to the bathroom
more beer stations in the stadium, I haven't bought one but if it is taking 30 minutes to get a beer something is wrong
rip up the benches for real seats, this isn't high school
I'm not sure what they can do about this but the concourses need to be widened. when it's a full house you can't move in the lower bowl.

maybe seeing the new stadium in atlanta reminded me and this is probably offseason fodder but whatever
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17777
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3046

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:41 am

claver2010 wrote:I'm not sure what they can do about this but the concourses need to be widened. when it's a full house you can't move in the lower bowl.

Honestly, it's a problem in Conte too for some hockey games. And a lot of other places. Dipshits just like to stand in everyone's way in the concourse. Get the fuck out of my way and go find something to do.

"Period's ovah/It's halftime, let's go fuckin' stand in everyone's way in the councourse."
Supahfan99
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 pm
Karma: 126

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 am

Supahfan99 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:I'm not sure what they can do about this but the concourses need to be widened. when it's a full house you can't move in the lower bowl.

Honestly, it's a problem in Conte too for some hockey games. And a lot of other places. Dipshits just like to stand in everyone's way in the concourse. Get the fuck out of my way and go find something to do.

"Period's ovah/It's halftime, let's go fuckin' stand in everyone's way in the councourse."


This. It was impossible to get around
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7837
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:18 am

That's more of a sucky fucking fan problem than a concourse problem.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30630
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2422

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:35 am

i didnt go to the concession stand saturday but multiple people told me they ran out of both beer and water early in the 2nd half...how that is possible i dont know.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7163
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 734

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:53 am

They definitely ran out of water. Must have been the oppressive 75 degree temperatures that they announced 80 billion times.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30630
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2422

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:11 am

twballgame9 wrote:They definitely ran out of water. Must have been the oppressive 75 degree temperatures that they announced 80 billion times.


Never heard that announcement before. It was brutal on the Shea side in the 1st half. I saw one woman that needed medical assistance.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7837
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:22 am

twballgame9 wrote:That's more of a sucky fucking fan problem than a concourse problem.


it's both, more so sucky fans in hockey imo

in the corner by the band, it's the only men's room within a mile + the nerds trying to make their unicorn frappucinos away from teamops so the line takes forever and clogs up the concourse.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17777
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3046

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:35 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:They definitely ran out of water. Must have been the oppressive 75 degree temperatures that they announced 80 billion times.


Never heard that announcement before. It was brutal on the Shea side in the 1st half. I saw one woman that needed medical assistance.


Its must be because two gingery schools were playing. Because it was about 75 degrees tops.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30630
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2422

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:31 am

The line for beer in Conte during halftime looked like it would take about 45 minutes to get through. I do not love beer that much.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 627

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Beer & wine announcement: https://bceagles.com/news/2018/8/28/bos ... vents.aspx
Wasn't it just Bud and Bud Light last season?
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7837
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:01 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:Beer & wine announcement: https://bceagles.com/news/2018/8/28/bos ... vents.aspx
Wasn't it just Bud and Bud Light last season?


Yes. And they are adding more locations which is critical. Last year it wasn’t really worth the effort to wait in a long line.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3939
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 140

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:02 pm

Awesome. Now it's time to fill in the corners.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14940
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2909

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:00 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:Beer & wine announcement: https://bceagles.com/news/2018/8/28/bos ... vents.aspx
Wasn't it just Bud and Bud Light last season?


Yes. And they are adding more locations which is critical. Last year it wasn’t really worth the effort to wait in a long line.


Go in the first quarter, you only have to compete with the opposing fans.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30630
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2422

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:22 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:Beer & wine announcement: https://bceagles.com/news/2018/8/28/bos ... vents.aspx
Wasn't it just Bud and Bud Light last season?


Yes. And they are adding more locations which is critical. Last year it wasn’t really worth the effort to wait in a long line.


Go in the first quarter, you only have to compete with the opposing fans.


When do they start pouring?
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7837
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:01 pm

Fill in the corners, Sam Adams in one corner, Harpoon in another corner!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -317

Re: Simple Ideas to boost attendance???

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:36 am

With all the construction, BC lost even more parking spots this year and the crowd sucked yesterday. I know it's Labor Day weekend, but it's the best BC team in a decade playing a local school that brought a decent amount of fans and the place looked almost half empty. Twenty or so years ago, people could park on the streets, with no tailgating. Jarmond needs to work some magic and figure out a way to make that happen again in some capacity. The other options are limited: build another garage or two (perhaps underground) or find local lots/fields that businesses or cities will rent out on game day.

We'll see how attendance looks the rest of the way on non-Labor Day weekends, but not a good start.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3939
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 140

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Untitled document
cron