I think this team is more dangerous when...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

I think this team is more dangerous when...

Postby MoMoneyBC on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Tuggle is playing quarterback. He can run faster than shinskie.
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Re: I think this team is more dangerous when...

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:58 pm

In other breaking news, water is wet.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:30 pm

I found myseld rooting for tuggle to outplay shinskie, but both did some good things (by the way, that catch by flutie was outstanding). The only thing with tuggle is that I think he looked to run too early on a couple of plays. He does have a huge upside though.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby MoMoneyBC on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Ok tw9, no need for the sarcasm I'm on your side. Im not sure everyone else sees it the same way tho.
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:29 pm

MoMoneyBC {l Wrote}:Ok tw9, no need for the sarcasm I'm on your side. Im not sure everyone else sees it the same way tho.

I am just busting your balls a little about your observation that Tuggle is faster than a stationary object,
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:29 pm

MoMoney, sarcasm is a big part of why EO was founded as the sole mod over on the Scout forum effectively banned sarcasm and snark.

Just a heads up :boxer
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Buttercup on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:23 pm

I was surprised by how quick Tuggle looked. I didn't think he had that much speed. He needs more touch on his short passes. He throws the ball downfield pretty well, but I'm assuming we'll be throwing a lot of quick slants, passes to the flat, screens, etc this year to make things easy for the QBs. Shinskie seemed better in those situations because he made quicker decisions and put touch on the ball, whereas Tuggle seemed to look to take off running too quickly. I'm not totally in Shinskie's corner yet though... if Tuggle can make quicker reads, and if he can use his quickness to his advantage, he could be pretty good.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Buttercup {l Wrote}:I was surprised by how quick Tuggle looked. I didn't think he had that much speed. He needs more touch on his short passes. He throws the ball downfield pretty well, but I'm assuming we'll be throwing a lot of quick slants, passes to the flat, screens, etc this year to make things easy for the QBs. Shinskie seemed better in those situations because he made quicker decisions and put touch on the ball, whereas Tuggle seemed to look to take off running too quickly. I'm not totally in Shinskie's corner yet though... if Tuggle can make quicker reads, and if he can use his quickness to his advantage, he could be pretty good.

Shinskie had a better arm. That said, nothing he did was quick, and I didn't see him make a decision all day. He locked on and waited until option A got open.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium