Coach Flip Mention

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coach Flip Mention

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:05 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I'll give another example. I've mentioned this before... but... did you know there is a provision in the Parking Agreement that states "No games." One time we arrived early and were waiting for the car with the beer to show up. We had the food and things like water. So, we set up the table and filled a cup with water and randomly stared throwing the bottle cap at it to see who could get it in. A cop comes up and says "No drinking games." We explained that we weren't drinking... hadn't even gotten the alcohol yet. He responded "Doesn't matter... you are playing a game and were told to crackdown on ALL game playing." I called Ath Dev that Monday to express my outrage. They said that it was our hard-and-fast rule. No cornhole, Baggo, horseshoes, washers... anything... and ESPECIALLY no drinking games like quarters, Beirut or anchorman. This is the fucking clownshoes shit we put up with under Gene. This has absolutely nothing to do with Newton, the neighbors or liability. Give us thousands for parking and tickets. Sit dispassionately in the game and watch boring-ass football. And, don't hope for anything by marginal success.

I suspect that comes down from an authority higher than Gene. They think students and fans can (and will) turn any game into a drinking game, and they're right. It's part of BC's crusade against binge drinking.
Last edited by DuchesneEast on Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Re: Coach Flip Mention

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:20 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I'll give another example. I've mentioned this before... but... did you know there is a provision in the Parking Agreement that states "No games." One time we arrived early and were waiting for the car with the beer to show up. We had the food and things like water. So, we set up the table and filled a cup with water and randomly stared throwing the bottle cap at it to see who could get it in. A cop comes up and says "No drinking games." We explained that we weren't drinking... hadn't even gotten the alcohol yet. He responded "Doesn't matter... you are playing a game and were told to crackdown on ALL game playing." I called Ath Dev that Monday to express my outrage. They said that it was our hard-and-fast rule. No cornhole, Baggo, horseshoes, washers... anything... and ESPECIALLY no drinking games like quarters, Beirut or anchorman. This is the fucking clownshoes shit we put up with under Gene. This has absolutely nothing to do with Newton, the neighbors or liability. Give us thousands for parking and tickets. Sit dispassionately in the game and watch boring-ass football. And, don't hope for anything by marginal success.

I suspect that comes down from an authority higher than Gene. They think students and fans can (and will) turn any game into a drinking game, and they're right. It's part of BC's crusade against binge drinking.

Drinking games are not listed as "Prohibited Items" in the 2022 parking agreement.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium