Things for Salzano

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Things for Salzano

Postby commavegarage on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:13 pm

Salzano, you have said you're in the band so these comments/questions are directed towards you (or any other posters in the band here).

1. Good job showing up for gameday.
2. But while at gameday, why did you guys insist on playing (even if it was just the drums) when everyone else was silent? It happened at least two times (and at least once having to do with the Herzlich section) and it was effin annoying.
3. The games on the line. WTF is the band doing playing buttercup/sweet caroline. (Note- I hate both but I can understand it when we are up 20 with 2 minutes left, not tied with 7 minutes left).

A general comment for my fellow students:
If any of you started and or supported the wave, you are ghey.
And, as I've said multiple times, adding bxtch to Eagles first down is awful.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: Things for Salzano

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm not going to get on the band, I thought they were awesome today. Herbstreit loves them, he said so in '05 and today he was drumming along during the commercial breaks and nodding with approval at each selection.

One thing I will note is that the band music piped over the PA was not as loud today. I'm curious if that was a technical issue or if we got a little talking to from Swofford about that.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm pretty sure we got a good shot of ole Sally conducting the band later in the game. Sal, correct me if I'm wrong.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:26 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:And, as I've said multiple times, adding bxtch to Eagles first down is awful.

We are in agreement. This is classless and embarrassing. This needs to stop immediately.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:27 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:And, as I've said multiple times, adding bxtch to Eagles first down is awful.

We are in agreement. This is classless and embarrassing. This needs to stop immediately.

Yes. 3 FSU fans were seated next to me and every time I heard it, I cringed and prayed they wouldn't ask me why the students say it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:31 pm

Also:

I enjoyed that the band was turned down the first half. I could hear all the songs they played, but between songs I could no longer hear that FUCKING INCESSANT DRUM BEAT. Then the second half it was back. Booooooooooo.

:shake
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:53 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:

There was a lot of classless stuff that was heard on tv. Stop. Here is fine, but there it is embarrassing.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:02 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

There was a lot of classless stuff that was heard on tv. Stop. Here is fine, but there it is embarrassing.

Specifics? (Or are you just talking about the organized swearing of the student section?)

As one who is prone to swear every so often, I am very much opposed to the idea of the student section having organized cheers involving swears. It is classless, not funny, and yeah, that pretty much says it all. An occasional swear at something is okay, but organized chants are embarrassing. I'm a student and I don't have the balls to look to the left of me to see what parents/alumni think of their kids hearing that.

This idea of swearing also reminds me to put this note out:

Note to students who read the board: If you want to organize a BS chant, know what the fxck is going on.

Example: For those who chanted BS at the Haden fumble, you all are fuxking morons. It happened right in front of us and was clearly a fumble.

And BTW, chanting axxhole at refs won't win you any favors later in the game. (It may not hurt you, but it won't help you).
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:06 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

Specifics? (Or are you just talking about the organized swearing of the student section?)

As one who is prone to swear every so often, I am very much opposed to the idea of the student section having organized cheers involving swears. It is classless, not funny, and yeah, that pretty much says it all. An occasional swear at something is okay, but organized chants are embarrassing. I'm a student and I don't have the balls to look to the left of me to see what parents/alumni think of their kids hearing that.

Note to students who read the board: If you want to organize a BS chant, know what the fxck is going on.

Example: For those who chanted BS at the Haden fumble, you all are fuxking morons. It happened right in front of us and was clearly a fumble.

And BTW, chanting axxhole at refs won't win you any favors later in the game. (It may not hurt you, but it won't help you).

Fine on all the swearing shit. But, if you are drunk, rowdy and at the game, you will call bullshit at any call that doesnt go your way. Also, the asshole thing is part of gameday. I always tried to start more radical chants like the ones we had in high school, i.e. "The ref beats his wife! Hey!" Never caught on, so if you want to hate on them for something, have to be happy that didnt catch on. No one understood the "Rev the pontiacs" chant, so if someone can decipher, many exalts and many internet dollars.
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:09 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Note to students who read the board: If you want to organize a BS chant, know what the fxck is going on.

Preach on. Few things in sports annoy me as much as homer fans who chant "bullshit" when the call is obviously correct.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:10 pm

The "Asshole" at the refs needs to go.
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:11 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

Fine on all the swearing shit. But, if you are drunk, rowdy and at the game, you will call bullshit at any call that doesnt go your way. Also, the asshole thing is part of gameday. I always tried to start more radical chants like the ones we had in high school, i.e. "The ref beats his wife! Hey!" Never caught on, so if you want to hate on them for something, have to be happy that didnt catch on. No one understood the "Rev the pontiacs" chant, so if someone can decipher, many exalts and many internet dollars.

How are you fine on all the swearing shit? You don't think it embarrasses our school?

Believe me, I understand that there are kids who love to drink excessively before the game. While I like drink before the game, I prefer to enjoy the game not trashed. And yeah, those kids who show up trashed and not paying attention piss me the fxck off, because they screw it up for everyone else.

And kids being drunk is not an excuse for the BS Haden fumble chant. It happened with like 6 minutes left in the first half. If you can't sober up after 90 minutes of not drinking, then you are a pu$$y and shouldn't even be drinking in the first place.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:13 pm

I think I saw a BC cheerleader holding up the "MAKE SOME NOISE" sign when we had the ball on a critical 3rd (4th?) down. Seriously people. At least know when to shut the eff up. We have some dumbass fans. Just retarded, clueless, idiot fans.

And the "first down bitch" is pretty dumb. They did a camera flyover on the student section right after a BC first down. You could see they were all doing the "Eagles First Down" and about 80% of the student section noticed the camera and omitted the "bitch" part. Clearly a bunch of future lawyers. Gotta respect that.
:koolaid
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I think I saw a BC cheerleader holding up the "MAKE SOME NOISE" sign when we had the ball on a critical 3rd (4th?) down. Seriously people. At least know when to shut the eff up. We have some dumbass fans. Just retarded, clueless, idiot fans.

At the beginning of the game, I saw alot of students cheering while we're on offense. That got better during the game.

Another thing that pisses me off: people under 40 who think that 'making noise' is applauding. This ain't the fuckin' opera. Stomp your feet... yell... do something other than just clap.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:20 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

How are you fine on all the swearing shit? You don't think it embarrasses our school?

Believe me, I understand that there are kids who love to drink excessively before the game. While I like drink before the game, I prefer to enjoy the game not trashed. And yeah, those kids who show up trashed and not paying attention piss me the fxck off, because they screw it up for everyone else.

And kids being drunk is not an excuse for the BS Haden fumble chant. It happened with like 6 minutes left in the first half. If you can't sober up after 90 minutes of not drinking, then you are a pu$$y and shouldn't even be drinking in the first place.

Definitely major pussies!!!1!11!. Big dudes like BaldwinJR take down 15 and then sober up in twenty minutes. Ok, chet. Chill the hell out. I don't know when you graduated. I'm sure you took in every game very sober. And in all actuality if you are really that big of a fan you would have watched it on TV because that is CLEARLY the easiest way to watch a game, the best way to dissect a play, etc etc.

If you for a single second don't think this place isn't a dark spot on BC, then look in the fucking mirror. Granted, yea, national TV, ok, lets not look bad, whatever. But if you want to be all self righteous do your best to clean this place up.

Me? I don't want it cleaned up. I think its great as is. As offensive as some of the shit that people say here is, I think it belongs wherever, whenever, however and I think its often funny, relevant, whatever.

It might not be you saying anything offensive but how about you bring the "clean up what you have to say and how you portray my alma mater" spiel here and see how it goes.
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Also, regarding the "First Down" cheer. Only do it when we earn it. When we rush or pass for the first down. Yes, go ahead.

However, doing the "First Down" cheer after receiving a punt or a kickoff: Retarded.

:pepper2
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:20 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
Another thing that pisses me off: people under 40 who think that 'making noise' is applauding. This ain't the fuckin' opera. Stomp your feet... yell... do something other than just clap.

I had a whalepant compliment me on my cheering today. I wasn't sure how to react.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:28 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:Definitely major pussies!!!1!11!. Big dudes like BaldwinJR take down 15 and then sober up in twenty minutes. Ok, chet. Chill the hell out. I don't know when you graduated. I'm sure you took in every game very sober. And in all actuality if you are really that big of a fan you would have watched it on TV because that is CLEARLY the easiest way to watch a game, the best way to dissect a play, etc etc.

If you for a single second don't think this place isn't a dark spot on BC, then look in the fucking mirror. Granted, yea, national TV, ok, lets not look bad, whatever. But if you want to be all self righteous do your best to clean this place up.

Me? I don't want it cleaned up. I think its great as is. As offensive as some of the shit that people say here is, I think it belongs wherever, whenever, however and I think its often funny, relevant, whatever.

It might not be you saying anything offensive but how about you bring the "clean up what you have to say and how you portray my alma mater" spiel here and see how it goes.

1. Did you even read my whole post, or did you just see I disagreed with you so you wanted to go on a diatribe?
2. I openly admitted I drink, but not to get drunk before games. I'm just telling it like it is. I don't care if you show up buzzed- honestly, more often than not, I do as well. But showing up belligerent isn't funny to me at all. It's a pain in the ass having to deal with idiots who can't hold the quantity of the liquor they consume and are constantly falling down on other people. I'm not trying to be the man; I'm telling it the way it is.
3. Why should I give a fuck what is said here. Last time I checked, national television doesn't broadcast what is said here. They do however, broadcast the game. How's this for a compromise (because you seem to want to be the kid who shows up out of control drunk to games): Next time you want to start a bullshit or asshole chant, know the fuck what is going on. Please.

And Adam- I completely agree re. the Eagles First Down comment. When kids do that after we get a kickoff, I ask them how the other team could possibly be the bitch after they walked down the field on us.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Shredder on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:32 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Salzano, you have said you're in the band so these comments/questions are directed towards you (or any other posters in the band here).

3. The games on the line. WTF is the band doing playing buttercup/sweet caroline. (Note- I hate both but I can understand it when we are up 20 with 2 minutes left, not tied with 7 minutes left).

I agree fully with #3. I remember the Wake game in '05 when Ryan was leading the Comeback and the band and students started doing "Buttercup." Stuff like that should be during down time in the second or third quarter.

Is the "First down bitch" thing new? I'm only back east for one game a year--and last year it was Maryland--and never heard that before. I also don't want to hear it. The "asshole" chant at refs is stupid; for an opposing player who takes a cheap shot it is more than permissible. I never liked "bullshit" either because those are generally on close calls that are more than often right. There are some legitimately bs calls and they are so obvious that everyone boos.

Plus, waves are awful anytime. It should be impossible to start one in the student section because everyone should already be standing.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:02 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:Definitely major pussies!!!1!11!. Big dudes like BaldwinJR take down 15 and then sober up in twenty minutes. Ok, chet. Chill the hell out. I don't know when you graduated. I'm sure you took in every game very sober. And in all actuality if you are really that big of a fan you would have watched it on TV because that is CLEARLY the easiest way to watch a game, the best way to dissect a play, etc etc.

1. Did you even read my whole post, or did you just see I disagreed with you so you wanted to go on a diatribe?
2. I openly admitted I drink, but not to get drunk before games. I'm just telling it like it is. I don't care if you show up buzzed- honestly, more often than not, I do as well. But showing up belligerent isn't funny to me at all. It's a pain in the ass having to deal with idiots who can't hold the quantity of the liquor they consume and are constantly falling down on other people. I'm not trying to be the man; I'm telling it the way it is.
3. Why should I give a fuck what is said here. Last time I checked, national television doesn't broadcast what is said here. They do however, broadcast the game. How's this for a compromise (because you seem to want to be the kid who shows up out of control drunk to games): Next time you want to start a bullshit or asshole chant, know the fuck what is going on. Please.

And Adam- I completely agree re. the Eagles First Down comment. When kids do that after we get a kickoff, I ask them how the other team could possibly be the bitch after they walked down the field on us.

1. Yes I read the entire thing. I implied a question as to when you graduated, you did not answer. I implied a question as to how you took in the games when you were an undergrad. You did not answer. Fine. Not an issue. forget it.

I have never been a part of the "bitch" thing, nor have I heard it. It sounds like poor taste, and I agree.

3. I understand the national broadcast thing, which I stated. I watched it just like you did, and I didn't hear anything of poor taste. Except for the throwing things on the field thing, which sucked. Do not call my football knowledge into question with the "because you seem to want to be the kid who shows up out of control drunk to games." 95% of my posts are in a couple of gameday threads and if I am wrong in them, take me down on that. Prove that you actually know football more than me, and I will defer henceforth.

Honestly cast the first stone if you never showed up to a game drunk. Or if you really don't understand the student section. How many of the 5K that go, are here? Claver? Check. Salzono? Check. well thats two and one is busy leading the band.

I don't start bullshit or asshole chants, I never have and I am pretty sure I haven't been a part of any of them. But are you really going to hate on the Superfan section? When that is the one part of Alumni that makea a BC game what it is?

I am telling you to get off the fucking high horse and chill the fuck out. And I will repeat for the third time, I understand EO is not national television but if you want to get all self righteous, feel free to take on some of the posters here and not just set up some straw man and take him down time and again without a reaction.

Post with impunity. Enjoy it.
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:03 am

Just because the student section is the only part of the stadium that stands up doesn't absolve them from criticism.

• "First Down, Bitch" is an embarrassment and needs to stop ASAP
  • Asshole chants are fine when directed at a player who commits a egregious personal foul (called or uncalled)
  • Bullshit chants are fine when it was CLEARLY a missed call, not for a call that is close and you are just pissed that it didn't go your way
Asshole & Bullshit chants probably are only needed once or twice a season. Stop acting like they should be used every game. We all know the students are nerds. There's no need to overcompensate with this crap.

And, for the pregame show, for two hours, BC fans looked great on TV. Then, it all seemed to fall apart after Corso put the Indian Headdress on. We get it, he's picking the road team. Booing and thumbs down are expected. Corso wants that. But chanting "asshole" at him? And someone from the crowd clearly threw something at him? C'mon BC, you're better than that.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby trek152 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:18 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Salzano, you have said you're in the band so these comments/questions are directed towards you (or any other posters in the band here).

1. Good job showing up for gameday.
2. But while at gameday, why did you guys insist on playing (even if it was just the drums) when everyone else was silent? It happened at least two times (and at least once having to do with the Herzlich section) and it was effin annoying.

As a former band member, I'll bite:

2. As I understand it, the reasons to keep the drums going are twofold. First, they don't want the energy level to drop completely so even having a little bit of a beat for the students to move to keeps the energy up for when it's actually time to get loud. I admit that it gets annoying and it would be nice if they change up the beats once in awhile. The other (and in terms of the band) more important reason is that it keeps the band in rhythm. You can think of any song as having a wind component and a drum component. It's much harder to start a song when you don't have the drums going beforehand; people have trouble anticipating the first note and the band won't come in cleanly and/or take a couple seconds to adjust. With the drums going, the winds already have the tempo in their heads so it's easy to bring the entire band in for a song.

3. I dislike Sweet Caroline and Buttercup. 90% of the band hates playing Sweet Caroline and Buttercup. The students love Sweet Caroline and Buttercup. Regardless of how appropriate the songs are, when the students hear it they get excited. If the band didn't get a reaction from the songs they wouldn't play them.

That's my two cents. Salzano (or anyone else), feel free to make any clarifications/corrections.
trek152
Carney Hall

Postby BigPete on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:30 am

The BC band is teh ghey. A badass marching band a-la OSU can be cool. The BC band is never cool. Fuck the BC Band. Roxanne Valentino is the most talented person who has ever been associated with that ragtag group and their golden piglet (tm) flag girls.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:48 am

trek152 {l Wrote}:2. As I understand it, the reasons to keep the drums going are twofold. First, they don't want the energy level to drop completely so even having a little bit of a beat for the students to move to keeps the energy up for when it's actually time to get loud. I admit that it gets annoying and it would be nice if they change up the beats once in awhile. The other (and in terms of the band) more important reason is that it keeps the band in rhythm. You can think of any song as having a wind component and a drum component. It's much harder to start a song when you don't have the drums going beforehand; people have trouble anticipating the first note and the band won't come in cleanly and/or take a couple seconds to adjust. With the drums going, the winds already have the tempo in their heads so it's easy to bring the entire band in for a song.

I understand the reason the drums are played, I don't understand why the entire Alumni Stadium needs to hear the drum beat. I would rather miss the first note of the song the band plays then have that drumbeat in my ear every second when there's not an active play, just in case the band plays a song.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:08 am

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:1. Yes I read the entire thing. I implied a question as to when you graduated, you did not answer. I implied a question as to how you took in the games when you were an undergrad. You did not answer. Fine. Not an issue. forget it.

I have never been a part of the "bitch" thing, nor have I heard it. It sounds like poor taste, and I agree.

3. I understand the national broadcast thing, which I stated. I watched it just like you did, and I didn't hear anything of poor taste. Except for the throwing things on the field thing, which sucked. Do not call my football knowledge into question with the "because you seem to want to be the kid who shows up out of control drunk to games." 95% of my posts are in a couple of gameday threads and if I am wrong in them, take me down on that. Prove that you actually know football more than me, and I will defer henceforth.

Honestly cast the first stone if you never showed up to a game drunk. Or if you really don't understand the student section. How many of the 5K that go, are here? Claver? Check. Salzono? Check. well thats two and one is busy leading the band.

I don't start bullshit or asshole chants, I never have and I am pretty sure I haven't been a part of any of them. But are you really going to hate on the Superfan section? When that is the one part of Alumni that makea a BC game what it is?

I am telling you to get off the fucking high horse and chill the fuck out. And I will repeat for the third time, I understand EO is not national television but if you want to get all self righteous, feel free to take on some of the posters here and not just set up some straw man and take him down time and again without a reaction.

In my point in which you claim you read so well, I told you I was a student. So I'm not quite sure how you didn't pick up on it.

Clearly you weren't at the game if you didn't hear the bxtch, and clearly you weren't at the last game either. If you were, you would know the chant has been very clear the last two games.

Yes I will hate on the Superfan section if I want. I'm a student. I have a right to comment on my fellow students if they are acting like fxcking morons, likewise, I can credit them when they are doing good things.

BTW, if you don't understand the different between a organized swear chant heard by millions and tons of kids at Alumni Stadium and swearing on an a message board, you're a fxcking idiot.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:13 am

trek152 {l Wrote}:As a former band member, I'll bite:

2. As I understand it, the reasons to keep the drums going are twofold. First, they don't want the energy level to drop completely so even having a little bit of a beat for the students to move to keeps the energy up for when it's actually time to get loud. I admit that it gets annoying and it would be nice if they change up the beats once in awhile. The other (and in terms of the band) more important reason is that it keeps the band in rhythm. You can think of any song as having a wind component and a drum component. It's much harder to start a song when you don't have the drums going beforehand; people have trouble anticipating the first note and the band won't come in cleanly and/or take a couple seconds to adjust. With the drums going, the winds already have the tempo in their heads so it's easy to bring the entire band in for a song.

3. I dislike Sweet Caroline and Buttercup. 90% of the band hates playing Sweet Caroline and Buttercup. The students love Sweet Caroline and Buttercup. Regardless of how appropriate the songs are, when the students hear it they get excited. If the band didn't get a reaction from the songs they wouldn't play them.

That's my two cents. Salzano (or anyone else), feel free to make any clarifications/corrections.

First off, I appreciate the response.

I was talking more about the drums at gameday than at the game- if you weren't there you couldn't of heard it because it was at the beginning of some cancer statements which was when they went to prerecorded tape.

At least I know the band hates it- That provides me some solace. I'm just saying if you want to play something in a crucial moment, I would prefer a final countdown, viva la vida, I got a feeling, or shipping up to Boston over Sweet Caroline or Buttercup.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:17 am

I think there is pretty universal agreement that the organized cussing (and cussing in general) needs to stop. If you want the students to respond, I encourage everyone to write a letter to the editor of the Heights. Students actually read the newspaper, and it may catch on.

www.bcheights.com
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:27 am

Ok as student ambassador to EO, several things on the student section.

The "Eagles first down" is part of the nerdification of BC. My first two years it was just "Wooo" after the band played. When they have their athletics 101 or w/e to start the year people tell them to do this, so it obviously started with the class of 2012.

This year the "bitch" is the ultranerdification at BC, it started with freshman. Who are so excited that htey are finally away from their parents and can say whatever they want. Unlike many seniors I prefer to get into the game early (usually about 30 minutes) and I realize that better seats aren't in the endzone but towards midfield. You know who else gets in early? Freshmen. I first heard this around midfield and consistently yelled on how stupid it was and it was part of the nerdification of BC. I got weird for calling them nerds but doesn't bother me.

When Matt Ryan was on offense, someone would get shot if they made a peep while he was in the huddle or at the line. Now that our QB is shittier shouldn't we give him even more silence? I never understood that.

The student section, presence and noise wise has improved greatly in my four years and since I first came to a BC game over 10 years ago. But it definitely needs work. If any freshmen or sophomores read this board tell your moronic classmates that adding the bitch to the end of first down is stupid.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:29 am

DrPeterV {l Wrote}:I think there is pretty universal agreement that the organized cussing (and cussing in general) needs to stop. If you want the students to respond, I encourage everyone to write a letter to the editor of the Heights. Students actually read the newspaper, and it may catch on.

http://www.bcheights.com

I was actually thinking of doing that.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby SJeagle09 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:36 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:1. Yes I read the entire thing. I implied a question as to when you graduated, you did not answer. I implied a question as to how you took in the games when you were an undergrad. You did not answer. Fine. Not an issue. forget it.

In my point in which you claim you read so well, I told you I was a student. So I'm not quite sure how you didn't pick up on it.

Clearly you weren't at the game if you didn't hear the bxtch, and clearly you weren't at the last game either. If you were, you would know the chant has been very clear the last two games.

Yes I will hate on the Superfan section if I want. I'm a student. I have a right to comment on my fellow students if they are acting like fxcking morons, likewise, I can credit them when they are doing good things.

BTW, if you don't understand the different between a organized swear chant heard by millions and tons of kids at Alumni Stadium and swearing on an a message board, you're a fxcking idiot.

You mentioned "fellow" students in the post I wasn't responding to, but regardless, I missed it. My bad.

I was not at this game. I was at the Wake and Kent. St. games and missed the whole "bitch" thing, sounds stupid. Having heard "asshole" and "bullshit" chants since I started going to sporting events as a young kid, I guess I am just used to it.

Hate away, its your place and you are right the student section is not free from criticism, it just didn't occur to me that this was some huge problem

:whiteflag
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium