Things for Salzano

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Things for Salzano

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:58 am

Sweet Caroline is kinda gay at Fenway, at Alumni it is very gay.

I did not notice the “fist down bitch” but that is also gay. Could you hear it on TV?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eaglefanhilbillyland on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:23 pm

I've gone to many South Carolina games over the years, and one of the things that i was always appalled by was the lack of class from their student section...booing the refs when they made an obvious call that didnt go there way, or even worse throwing trash on the field, when they were losing and the opposing team had a big play. I always chalked it up to a 100 years of mediocre football. I hope the bc students would show a little more class than that. The first down chant is gay period....Its a first down get excited but lets be serious its not as if we scored or anything.
eaglefanhilbillyland
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
I did not notice the “fist down bitch” but that is also gay. Could you hear it on TV?

Could hear it very clearly once, and faintly at a couple of other points. I don't necessarily mind an "Eagles First Down" chant, but adding the "bitch" is not only pointless, it's also lame and reeks of creation by the type of d-bags that still go around yelling "I'm Rick James, bitch!" five years after it was funny.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:17 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Could hear it very clearly once, and faintly at a couple of other points. I don't necessarily mind an "Eagles First Down" chant, but adding the "bitch" is not only pointless, it's also lame and reeks of creation by the type of d-bags that still go around yelling "I'm Rick James, bitch!" five years after it was funny.

Have you heard it when I yell "I'm Rick James, bitch!"? Because it's reeeeally funny when I do it.

I don't think you were talking about me when you said this.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:22 pm

What happened to the piercing eagle screech on every first down?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:27 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:I'm pretty sure we got a good shot of ole Sally conducting the band later in the game. Sal, correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe 8-)

And do I think these pictures are awesome? Yes. Don't judge. :geek:
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:30 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:ole Sally

Oh, and by the way, my girlfriend thought this was hilarious. Seriously. :koolaid
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:46 pm

"first down bitch" aside, I respect the eff out of the student section. They get it.

I look forward to the gradual dying off of the whalepantsians and their replacement with the class of >2000.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:55 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:"first down bitch" aside, I respect the eff out of the student section. They get it.

I look forward to the gradual dying off of the whalepantsians and their replacement with the class of >2000.

Seconded. Some of the antics are amateurish, but at least they are antics.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby tailgater94 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:"first down bitch" aside, I respect the eff out of the student section. They get it.

Amen.
But stop the effing constant drumline during the game, its embarrassing
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:50 am

I'm a big drumline fan.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:54 am

DrPeterV {l Wrote}:I'm a big drumline fan.

while nick cannon was brilliant,some of his strongest work, i felt the plot lacked depth and a certain amount of believability.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:09 am

tailgater94 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Amen.
But stop the effing constant drumline during the game, its embarrassing

I understand the need for the drumline. Whoever is in charge of selecting the audio feed to pipe in needs to be smacked upside the head every time they crank up the drumline to the entire stadium.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:13 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

while nick cannon was brilliant,some of his strongest work, i felt the plot lacked depth and a certain amount of believability.

I believe 100% of this post to be true, however despite the lack of depth I would describe it as quite an enjoyable film.

Also, one of the best kisses in film history here, IMO.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:49 am

BigPete {l Wrote}:The BC band is teh ghey. A badass marching band a-la OSU can be cool. The BC band is never cool. Fuck the BC Band. Roxanne Valentino is the most talented person who has ever been associated with that ragtag group and their golden piglet (tm) flag girls.

the "dance" "girls" need to go first. i put them both in quotes for reasons that should be obvious.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:50 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
BigPete {l Wrote}:The BC band is teh ghey. A badass marching band a-la OSU can be cool. The BC band is never cool. Fuck the BC Band. Roxanne Valentino is the most talented person who has ever been associated with that ragtag group and their golden piglet (tm) flag girls.

the "dance" "girls" need to go first. i put them both in quotes for reasons that should be obvious.

They're stationary men?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:12 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

LOL
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:06 pm

Who's Roxanne Valentino?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
This might explain TRE's sour attitude toward Roxanne, but less jaded posters might be interested to learn that Roxanne is now an MD. She recently left her native Cleveland for Tennessee:

http://www.tncenterforsleep.com/pdfs/pr ... -29-09.pdf

she had plenty of practice putting 40,000 plus to sleep during her times on the heights. this would be similar to me trying to tout myself as the mayo clinic's head of the center for intoxication

When does your term expire? I believe I would be a very strong candidate for this job, and would like to submit my resume at the appropriate time.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:47 pm

talon {l Wrote}:And, for the pregame show, for two hours, BC fans looked great on TV. Then, it all seemed to fall apart after Corso put the Indian Headdress on. We get it, he's picking the road team. Booing and thumbs down are expected. Corso wants that. But chanting "asshole" at him? And someone from the crowd clearly threw something at him? C'mon BC, you're better than that.

It was one of those Home Depot plastic helmet they gave to the people who get there early. I didn't care about the chant, but was very disappointed and embarrassed that someone threw something.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCfaninCharlotte on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Hey Salzano-

As a former player I know how amped up the guys get with the drumming during the game. Keep it up. I've got a suggestion to one you could put in when we need something big to happen. I brought it up with a couple of the DBs back in the day and they thought it was a good idea. ASAP by T.I.

The Whalepants might not like it, and I know we're not FAMU, but you gotta admit, this would be pretty badass to hear in the third quarter and we're down 7.
BCfaninCharlotte
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:51 pm

BCfaninCharlotte {l Wrote}:Hey Salzano-

As a former player I know how amped up the guys get with the drumming during the game. Keep it up. I've got a suggestion to one you could put in when we need something big to happen. I brought it up with a couple of the DBs back in the day and they thought it was a good idea. ASAP by T.I.

The Whalepants might not like it, and I know we're not FAMU, but you gotta admit, this would be pretty badass to hear in the third quarter and we're down 7.

I was openly lamenting that the band no longer plays Ridin' Dirty.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BigPete on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:16 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Who's Roxanne Valentino?

the "golden girl" that accepted the baton from michelle sylvester... who was the real talent.

michelle sylvester forevah, roxanne valentino droolz

This might explain TRE's sour attitude toward Roxanne, but less jaded posters might be interested to learn that Roxanne is now an MD. She recently left her native Cleveland for Tennessee:

http://www.tncenterforsleep.com/pdfs/pr ... -29-09.pdf

she had plenty of practice putting 40,000 plus to sleep during her times on the heights. this would be similar to me trying to tout myself as the mayo clinic's head of the center for intoxication

You haven't lived til you've seen a tubby broad perform a kick-spin laced pinball in the BC Band's interpretation of the rock opera 'Tommy.'

It's time BC brought back having a golden girl who is announced with great fanfare during the halftime show. But, said 'golden girl' should be a middle aged man in euro-cut swimwear who performs assorted hardcore dance moves such as starting the mower and picking up change at mid-field. The crowd will erupt, I guarandamntee it.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:07 pm

One thing I will note is that the band music piped over the PA was not as loud today. I'm curious if that was a technical issue or if we got a little talking to from Swofford about that.

John Swofford is probably pissed about a lot of things football related, but I doubt that is one of them. Many of the things that he envisioned, are not coming to fruition.

I mean here is a guy who was dreaming about having a 12-team power BCS conference on par with the SEC and the Big-XII. I mean he must have been masturbating all over the place when he successfully added the 3 best teams from the Big East and placed them in the ACC. Now all he had to do is design the two six-team divisions such that Miami and FSU could waltz right through their seasons and play each other (in some 75,000 seat, sold-out stadium, in Florida) for the ACC Championship, and go cash a $13,000,000 Dr Pepper check. That was his dream.

Ooops. :gun :suicide

The dream has quickly turned into a little nightmare for John. Never in his wildest nightmares would he have envisioned Miami not playing in the ACC Championship (even once in 4 years) and FSU only playing in one! That just simply doesn't compute. Unacceptable! Don't the other ACC schools know that this whole horseshit divisional alignment was designed specifically to accommodate FSU and Miami, and that every year those schools should be playing each other the week after Turkeyday? What is worse, the last three years he has seen the two ACC Atlantic teams (with the smallest, cheapest, and least enthusiastic fanbases) in the championship. Meanwhile, the Atlantic division schools with the largest fan bases (NCState, Clemson, and of course, FSU) have been sitting at home in early December. The result? A damn near empty stadium in Tampa and Jacksonville embarrassing the ACC on national television. The blimp flies by taking pictures. Those pictures are all over the internet. The Big-XII and SEC commissioners looking at the ACC and laughing their fucking asses off....

And now, it appears (with FSU starting in an 0-2 ACC hole) and VPI looking so damn good in beating Miami, he'll have to endure this nightmare for another year. When will it end?!?!?

He is so fucking frustrated with the whole thing that he had to throw in the proverbial State-of-Florida-bias-towel and move the damn Championship to a more centrally located state in North Carolina out of fear that he may NEVER get his dreamed FSU-Miami Championship match up. He has to account for the fact that shitty, Northern, ACC teams (geographically located North of North Carolina) will continue to dominate ACC play in the regular season.

If there is even one more VPI-BC championship, I think Swofford will give himself a heart attack.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs66Nqjf ... re=related

Let's not forget this classy chant by UMD.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:22 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The dream has quickly turned into a little nightmare for John.

nightmare? Granted, I think that he expected to be one of the conferences that regularly put 2 teams in the BCS, but can you imagine how awful the ACC would have been w/out expanding? If the ACC hadn't added BC, Miami, and FSU, would the conference even look the same as it did in 2003? Or would the Big East have gained the leverage to pull in teams from the ACC?

For anybody who thinks the ACC expanding was a mistake, I think it's naive to assume the other option was status quo.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Talon, I never said that Swofford thought it was a mistake. It was no mistake to expand to 12. I'm just saying that it hasn't lived up to everything that he was expecting of it.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby talon on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:27 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Talon, I never said that Swofford thought it was a mistake. It was no mistake to expand to 12. I'm just saying that it hasn't lived up to everything that he was expecting of it.

yeah, you didn't say mistake. you said nightmare. sorry about that.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Talon, don't you think for Swofford, looking at a damn near empty stadium for the championship game IS a nightmare? This is most certainly NOT what he envisioned. I think this is just Murphy's law punishing him for NOT putting Miami and FSU in the same division (a South Division) the way he should have if he followed the geographical designs of the other two 12-team BCS conferences (ie: cut your conferance in half based on geography, and just go with it.)

He was being greedy. And now, instead of getting both teams playing each other, he doesn't get either team in the game.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs66NqjftnI&feature=related

Let's not forget this classy chant by UMD.

I think it's just stupid, if you look it doesn't look like anyone else is on the court except their cheerleaders. Maryland (especially at basketball games) definitely have the fan base that pushes the envelope the most.

Not condoning it but it isn't anything you don't hear down the road where it's embraced.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

PreviousNext