PackPride Commentary

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: PackPride Commentary

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:47 pm

TampaDoubleEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
quillisswill {l Wrote}:Not so sure that VA and MD are sure things any more. It's criminal how Groh has misused his talent - VA's defense is consistently loaded with as many players as any in the conference (although with Groh's cement hands at the controls, he probably would have screwed up Herzy's career). MD consistently plays their best games deep into the season, once his team has figured out their fat coach's playbook. They stink, but they'll be at their best by November, unless injuries continue to decimate them.

If we beat VT and NCS... we go to the ACCCG. Yes, statistically we could lose to MD, UVA and UNC and one other Atlantic team could win-out. But, that simply won't happen. Barring some major catastrophic event, we will be in Tampa with wins over the next two weeks. Now... I am of the opinion that there is a better chance we go o-fer-2 in the next two weeks. But, if we were to miraculously win, we would be in Tampa.

I agree with HJS. If we win the next two, it's all over. That said, we are going 1-1. BC won't lose to TOB at home. TOB hasn't made the BC game an important one, so he won't win it. BC will need to take care of business against UVA, NCSU and MD. If they do so, they will win the division with tiebreakers over Wake, NCSU, FSU and MD. Clemson will lose more than 3 games - in fact, I think FSU and Clemson each lose to Wake, making Wake the most important win of the season. Wake then loses to Miami and GT, but beats MD.

Our schedule is favorable, gentlemen. Ignoring ND and CMU - two irrelevant games this season - BC has only one game on the schedule that I think they will lose playing at the level they are playing now, and that is VT. If Shinskie continues to improve and the sitting on leads bullshit disappears, BC has a shot to run the table after VT. CMU is probably the toughest game on the schedule from there on out.

Since it happens so rarely, I feel compelled to speak up when it does: I agree with everything Teddy just said.

A corollary of this agreement is to note that our game against Maryland at the end of the season may just end up being winner-goes-to-Tampa huge. Again.

By agreeing with Teddy, you are agreeing with me. Just sayin...
As for your final statement, last year, MD was eliminated from the ACCCG the week before. I see no situation where they will be playing for anything but spoiler (again) in that game.
Consecutive wins, means we are in.
A loss to VT and a win over NCS, I say we are in barring a WTF loss.
Two losses over the next two weeks means we are out.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium